Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(a) Captain Tushin.
(c) Boris Drubetskoy.
2. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
(a) She is annoyed.
(b) She is happy and excited.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is afraid.
3. Princess Mary wishes to speak to Andrew before he leaves about a specific request. What is it?
(a) She asks him to forgive his wife.
(b) She wants him to carry an icon around his neck to protect him in battle.
(c) She wants him to help her get away from their father.
(d) She asks him to accept Mlle. Bourienne as her friend.
4. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
(a) He is happy to hear news of victory.
(b) He is very upset about casualties in the Austrian army.
(c) He listens to what he says, is happy, but seems to be speaking according to a script.
(d) He pays virtually no attention to anything Andrew has to say, asking only irrelevant questions.
5. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
(a) She is known as a woman of wealth and rank.
(b) She is known for her horrible temper.
(c) She is known as a former great beauty.
(d) She is known as a woman of good sense and unadorned speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
2. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
3. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
4. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
5. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)