|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tolstoy think Napoleon started the war with Russia?
(a) He could not resist going to Dresden, he puts on a Polish uniform, and he frequently loses his temper.
(b) He was afraid and angered by Russia allying itself with England.
(c) He was consumed with self-adulation and thought he would make a better nation if Russia is part of it
(d) He wanted to unify Europe and since Russia close by, it became imperative to include it.
2. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(b) The Emperor Francis.
(c) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
(d) General Schmidt.
3. Who are Princess Mary's "God's Folk"?
(a) They are ascetics who come to persuade her that she should become like them.
(b) They are pilgrims who come to visit her and talk about their pilgrimages, God, and the miracles they have seen.
(c) They are priests who come to talk with her and receive alms and food for the poor.
(d) They are students who come to her to learn of the Gospel and receive food and clothing from her.
4. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
(a) All of the above.
(b) He does not want the wolf to hear him calling.
(c) He doesn't want the other hounds to hear him call to his hound.
(d) He doesn't want the other hunts men to hear.
5. Nichols has returned to his regiment. How does the regiment respond to his arrival and how does he react?
(a) They all are starving and irritable and he is frustrated at the thought of having no provisions.
(b) They are all busy but he is happy to be back with them.
(c) They are all starving and he is happy to have brought provisions to share with them.
(d) They all run to greet him and he feels as happy as he did at home with his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andrew goes to visit Pierre the night after the Bergs party. What does he discuss with him?
2. How does Andrew react when he sees Natasha after they leave Moscow?
3. How does Natasha react when Anatole tells her he is in love with her?
4. Pierre goes to visit Prince Andrew at Bogucharovo. How does Andrew appear to him?
5. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)