|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
(a) He is filled with overwhelming love for her and for their child but is still unable to express it.
(b) He is filled with remorse by the look on her face.
(c) He is overcome with love for her and their son.
(d) He is more concerned with the birth of a son.
2. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
(a) He wants to keep an eye on him.
(b) He needs an adjutant.
(c) He knew Andrew's father and knows Andrew to be a good soldier.
(d) He wants Andrew to keep command of the troops as he (Kutuzov) is elderly.
3. At the club dinner, what is Pierre so preoccupied with that he doesn't hear what is being said to him?
(a) He is bewildered by all the things people expect of him and wishes he had not inherited such responsibility with his fortune.
(b) He is reflecting on remarks Catiche has made and an anonymous letter saying that his wife is cheating on him with Dolokhov.
(c) He is tipsy with wine and is absentmindedly staring at a candlestick.
(d) He is angry that Dolokhov, who has no connections, has been made an officer but still lives off Pierre's good will and takes his money.
4. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
(a) All of the above.
(b) He does not want the wolf to hear him calling.
(c) He doesn't want the other hounds to hear him call to his hound.
(d) He doesn't want the other hunts men to hear.
5. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
(a) He is happy to see him but is fearful about the coming action.
(b) He is unhappy that the Tsar has involved Russia in this war which does not concern them.
(c) He is in awe of him and feels he would do anything for him.
(d) He is struck by how young the Tsar is and wonders if he is up to his position.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
2. When does Sonya write to Nicholas and release him from his promise to marry her?
3. In Tolstoy's mathematical problem, what kind of animal is Achilles trying to catch up with?
4. Vera and Berg hold their first party. Who comes?
5. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)