|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the old Prince Bolkonski react to Marya Dmitrievna's visit?
(a) He is out discussing political reform at the time.
(b) He loudly refuses to see her.
(c) He is unexpectedly very pleasant, but tells her he will not change his mind about Andrew's wedding.
(d) He shouts at her.
2. How does Andrew react when he sees Natasha after they leave Moscow?
(a) He had just awoken when he sees her and is irritated and confused.
(b) He is indifferent to her appearance.
(c) He is very happy to see her.
(d) He is angry that she has intruded on him.
3. Nicholas goes to Tilsit to request a pardon for Denisov. To whom does he initially appeal and how is he received?
(a) He first approaches his general who says he will do all he can to help.
(b) At first he asks Boris to help him through Boris' general and Boris tells him it would be better for him to apply for the pardon through his commander of the corps.
(c) He first approaches Boris who is happy to help Denisov because of Denisov's connections.
(d) He goes to his general who tells him that Denisov is clearly guilty and must face the consequences.
4. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
(a) She loves his playing the guitar and dances for them.
(b) She is weary from hunting and falls asleep.
(c) At Ilagin's insistence, she reluctantly sings while he plays guitar.
(d) She is unhappy with the rustic nature of Ilagin's house and wants to go home.
5. Andrew goes to visit Pierre the night after the Bergs party. What does he discuss with him?
(a) He had noticed Pierre's overall melancholy and wants to help him.
(b) His love for Natasha.
(c) He is considering going abroad to take a cure and wants to know if Pierre thinks it's a good idea.
(d) His distress that the reforms he is drawing up are slow in materializing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the death of Bagration received in St. Petersburg?
2. Andrew goes to Speranski's for dinner What does he think of him and his company?
3. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
4. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
5. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)