|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mary unsure about meeting Nicholas?
(a) She is in deep mourning for her father and is also conflicted about him.
(b) She is in deep mourning for her father.
(c) She is aware of his shameless flirtations with married women.
(d) She is ashamed of the temptation that he causes her to feel.
2. What has caused Helene's illness?
(a) She has angina pectoris.
(b) The "inconvenience" of having married two men.
(c) She has taken too much of a certain drug.
(d) She has contracted an illness from her reckless behavior with men.
3. What prevents Anatole from openly courting Natasha?
(a) Marya Dmitrievna dislikes the Kuragins and tells Natasha that she will not allow them in her home.
(b) Count Rostov is very protective of his daughter.
(c) Anatole is already married.
(d) Natasha's engagement to Prince Andrew.
4. Andrew goes to Speranski's for dinner What does he think of him and his company?
(a) He is angry at their criticism of people he admires so much.
(b) He is delighted to be in such interesting and illustrious company.
(c) He is disappointed at the company's superficial conversation and criticism of everyone.
(d) He is surprised at the conversation but he agrees.
5. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(a) The Emperor Francis.
(c) General Schmidt.
(d) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
2. Who does Rostopchin allow the mob in front of his house to kill?
3. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
4. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
5. How does Andrew react when he sees Natasha after they leave Moscow?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)