|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bagration write to Arakcheev?
(a) He wants to change the chain of command so that he is not subordinate to Barclay.
(b) He is apprising him of what is going on in the campaign.
(c) He requests that Arakcheev moves him from under Barclay de Tollys' command even if he is only to command a regiment.
(d) He wants Arakcheev to appoint a minister other than Barclay de Tolly.
2. Nicholas brings his friend Denisov with him and excitedly speaks as they approach. What is Denisov's reaction?
(a) He can't hear anything Nicholas says because of the wind.
(b) He is asleep because he's had a lot of wine.
(c) He is very excited to be meeting the family of his good friend.
(d) He says, "Yes, I am happy for you but I shall just be happy to get out of the cold, my dear fellow."
3. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) The French are firing at them.
(b) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(c) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(d) They all want to get across to get their tea.
4. Who does Rostopchin allow the mob in front of his house to kill?
(b) Vereshchagin's father.
(c) A factory worker.
5. Why does Nicholas go to Voronezh?
(a) To get new horses for his regiment.
(b) To get fresh ammunition for his regiment.
(c) To meet with the governor there with information from his commander.
(d) To find food and other equipment for his regiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
2. Andrew goes to Speranski's for dinner What does he think of him and his company?
3. What has caused Helene's illness?
4. Nichols has returned to his regiment. How does the regiment respond to his arrival and how does he react?
5. How long did the French and Russians not engage in battle after Borodino?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)