|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pierre is shown a section of Revelations by one of his fellow Masons which corresponds with Napoleon. What does he find in reading it?
(a) Knowing that Napoleon's name adds up to 666, he unsuccessfully tries to use the same calculations with his name.
(b) He sees that Napoleon is the beast and decides that he must spread this word to everyone in Russia.
(c) Napoleon's name in Russian and French adds up to 666.
(d) His name in French and Napoleon's both add up to 666.
2. After the duel, Helene goes to speak to Pierre. What does she say?
(a) She is angry that she will have to hold her head despite being embarrassed.
(b) She was upset that he might have been killed.
(c) Pierre is a fool to believe that Dolokhov was her lover, she merely likes his company
(d) Pierre is a fool as she thinks Dolokhov is tiresome.
3. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
(a) He wanted to contribute but couldn't. He hopes to act on his own and achieve the glory he longs for.
(b) He is consumed with fear that he may die the next day.
(c) He is shocked at Kutuzov's inattention to it and resents the lack of opportunity to state his ideas.
(d) He is bored by the discussion, wants to change the entire plan.
4. Pierre goes to visit Prince Andrew at Bogucharovo. How does Andrew appear to him?
(a) Irritated that Pierre has come by unannounced.
(b) Bored and disinterested in Pierre's appearance.
(c) Thinner, paler, and his eyes are lifeless.
(d) Angry and hostile to everyone.
5. Andrew goes to visit Pierre the night after the Bergs party. What does he discuss with him?
(a) His distress that the reforms he is drawing up are slow in materializing.
(b) He is considering going abroad to take a cure and wants to know if Pierre thinks it's a good idea.
(c) His love for Natasha.
(d) He had noticed Pierre's overall melancholy and wants to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to see the French at Ostrovna?
2. At Borodino, Andrew is with his regiment. What are they doing and what happens to them?
3. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
4. In Tolstoy's mathematical problem, what kind of animal is Achilles trying to catch up with?
5. Vera and Berg hold their first party. Who comes?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)