|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the French react to the ringing of bells when they enter Moscow?
(a) They are disturbed because they do not know the bells are ringing for vespers.
(b) They are pleased to hear them and think that services are still being held even though the city has been conquered.
(c) They are confused and wonder what the bells mean.
(d) They are joyful at such a pleasant sound thinking that the Russians are welcoming them.
2. Who does Andrew see in the hospital tent who is badly injured?
(b) Prince Bagration.
(c) Anatole Kuragin.
3. How long did the French and Russians not engage in battle after Borodino?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Five months.
(d) Five days.
4. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
(a) He is more concerned with the birth of a son.
(b) He is filled with overwhelming love for her and for their child but is still unable to express it.
(c) He is overcome with love for her and their son.
(d) He is filled with remorse by the look on her face.
5. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(b) The French are firing at them.
(c) They all want to get across to get their tea.
(d) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Andrew react when he sees Natasha after they leave Moscow?
2. Why does Nicholas go to Voronezh?
3. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
4. How is the death of Bagration received in St. Petersburg?
5. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)