|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
(b) Sonya, Natasha, and Petya.
(c) Natasha and Petya.
(d) No one - he goes on it alone.
2. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
(a) It is Oktoberfest.
(b) It is Natasha's birthday.
(c) It is the old Count's birthday.
(d) It is the name day of the Countess and her daughter, Natasha.
3. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
(a) He does not want Prince Vasili or Anatole there.
(b) He is jealous of the attention they pay to his daughter and daughter-in-law.
(c) He basically ignores them as they have interfered with his strict routine.
(d) He is delighted to see them and pleased to see what a brilliant young man Anatole is.
4. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
(a) He is discussing Speranski and how so much of what he did was not really useful.
(b) He is discussing Speranski and says that he has done more good for Russia than anyone else.
(c) He is discussing Kutuzov and that he has the interests of Russia foremost in his decisions.
(d) He is discussing Bagration and that he is extremely valuable in his position.
5. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) Napoleon Buonaparte.
(b) General Mack.
(c) Emperor Francis
(d) Prince Bagration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Rostovs go after leaving Moscow?
2. What has caused Helene's illness?
3. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
4. What brings about the change in Andrew in Yaroslavl?
5. What happens to Mary when she is leaving Bogucharovo for Moscow?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)