|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shortly after Natasha's recovery from her illness, why does Pierre decide not to visit with the Rostovs anymore?
(a) Countess Rostova tells him that Natasha is only happy when he is around.
(b) He realizes that he is in love with Natasha and is made uncomfortable by her attentions to him.
(c) He becomes occupied in joining the army and cannot spend time with them.
(d) He is angry of Natasha's continued love for Andrew when Andrew refuses to forgive her.
2. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
(a) He wanted to contribute but couldn't. He hopes to act on his own and achieve the glory he longs for.
(b) He is bored by the discussion, wants to change the entire plan.
(c) He is shocked at Kutuzov's inattention to it and resents the lack of opportunity to state his ideas.
(d) He is consumed with fear that he may die the next day.
3. How has Natasha changed since becoming ill?
(a) She is serious and reflective.
(b) She is melancholy and idle.
(c) She is her former cheerful self.
(d) She is bitter and full of self loathing.
4. In Tolstoy's mathematical problem, what kind of animal is Achilles trying to catch up with?
(a) None of the above.
(b) A snail.
(c) A hare.
(d) A tortoise.
5. After the duel, Helene goes to speak to Pierre. What does she say?
(a) She is angry that she will have to hold her head despite being embarrassed.
(b) Pierre is a fool as she thinks Dolokhov is tiresome.
(c) She was upset that he might have been killed.
(d) Pierre is a fool to believe that Dolokhov was her lover, she merely likes his company
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas goes home on leave. How does he react to Sonya?
2. Andrew goes to Speranski's for dinner What does he think of him and his company?
3. How has Pierre's huge inheritance changed him financially?
4. How is the death of Bagration received in St. Petersburg?
5. Why does Nicholas go to Voronezh?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)