|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pierre is shown a section of Revelations by one of his fellow Masons which corresponds with Napoleon. What does he find in reading it?
(a) He sees that Napoleon is the beast and decides that he must spread this word to everyone in Russia.
(b) Knowing that Napoleon's name adds up to 666, he unsuccessfully tries to use the same calculations with his name.
(c) His name in French and Napoleon's both add up to 666.
(d) Napoleon's name in Russian and French adds up to 666.
2. Who assists Anatole in his abduction of Natasha?
(a) No one.
(c) Dolokhov and Helene.
3. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
(a) He follows the man who stole it and beats him senseless for such outrageous behavior.
(b) He goes out and celebrates.
(c) He follows Denisov's command to do nothing about it.
(d) Nicholas goes to find the thief and catches him spending some of it.
4. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
(a) It is the name day of the Countess and her daughter, Natasha.
(b) It is the old Count's birthday.
(c) It is Oktoberfest.
(d) It is Natasha's birthday.
5. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
(a) He tells her in front of them that he does not approve of it and never to do it again.
(b) He gets angry with her and tells her to leave his sight.
(c) He tells her that it is quite becoming.
(d) He pays no attention to it as he is not interested in such "feminine" things.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his proposal to Vera, Berg comes to visit Count Rostov about Vera's dowry. What does the Count say to him?
2. Why does Tolstoy think Napoleon started the war with Russia?
3. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
4. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
5. What dance do Denisov and Natasha do at Iogel's ball?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)