|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) General Mack.
(b) Napoleon Buonaparte.
(c) Prince Bagration.
(d) Emperor Francis
2. What dance do Denisov and Natasha do at Iogel's ball?
(a) The minuet.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The twist.
(d) The mazurka.
3. Who are Princess Mary's "God's Folk"?
(a) They are students who come to her to learn of the Gospel and receive food and clothing from her.
(b) They are ascetics who come to persuade her that she should become like them.
(c) They are priests who come to talk with her and receive alms and food for the poor.
(d) They are pilgrims who come to visit her and talk about their pilgrimages, God, and the miracles they have seen.
4. Shortly after Natasha's recovery from her illness, why does Pierre decide not to visit with the Rostovs anymore?
(a) He becomes occupied in joining the army and cannot spend time with them.
(b) He realizes that he is in love with Natasha and is made uncomfortable by her attentions to him.
(c) He is angry of Natasha's continued love for Andrew when Andrew refuses to forgive her.
(d) Countess Rostova tells him that Natasha is only happy when he is around.
5. Natasha goes to her first grand ball. How does it go for her?
(a) At first she doesn't dance but after Andrew asks her, she dances all night.
(b) She is excited to see all the beautiful people but doesn't want to dance.
(c) She is extremely excited and thrilled but is soon disappointed that no one asks her to dance.
(d) She finds she does not really like such large gatherings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the death of Bagration received in St. Petersburg?
2. What does Pierre do when he goes out into the streets of Moscow to find Napoleon?
3. How does the old Prince Bolkonski react to Marya Dmitrievna's visit?
4. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
5. What does Pierre reflect upon after the duel with Dolokhov?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)