|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alpatych meet when he goes to Smolensk?
(a) Prince Andrew.
(d) Prince Bagration.
2. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
(a) He begins to weep because they don't have it to spare.
(b) He asks their steward to bring 700 rubles.
(c) He ignores her and walks away.
(d) He gets furious and calls her a spendthrift.
3. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
(b) He's been caught with the money.
(c) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(d) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
4. In Tolstoy's mathematical problem, what kind of animal is Achilles trying to catch up with?
(a) None of the above.
(b) A hare.
(c) A tortoise.
(d) A snail.
5. Shortly after Natasha's recovery from her illness, why does Pierre decide not to visit with the Rostovs anymore?
(a) Countess Rostova tells him that Natasha is only happy when he is around.
(b) He realizes that he is in love with Natasha and is made uncomfortable by her attentions to him.
(c) He is angry of Natasha's continued love for Andrew when Andrew refuses to forgive her.
(d) He becomes occupied in joining the army and cannot spend time with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Natasha react when Anatole tells her he is in love with her?
2. Nicholas goes home on leave. How does he react to Sonya?
3. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
4. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
5. How has Pierre's huge inheritance changed him financially?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)