|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(a) General Schmidt.
(b) The Emperor Francis.
(c) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
2. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
(a) He wants to tell Kutuzov that the Russians aren't needed.
(b) He is telling Kutuzov that he has lost to the French.
(c) He and Kutuzov are good friends and he wants to greet him.
(d) He wants to ask Kutuzov for provisions.
3. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
(a) It is Oktoberfest.
(b) It is the name day of the Countess and her daughter, Natasha.
(c) It is Natasha's birthday.
(d) It is the old Count's birthday.
4. Who is the first to see the French at Ostrovna?
(a) The regimental doctor.
(d) None of these.
5. What makes Nicholas decide to return home on leave?
(a) His father writes to him saying that he is afraid Mitenka, their steward, is cheating him but does not know how to prove it.
(b) The countess begs him to come home to cheer up Natasha.
(c) His mother writes him a pleading letter.
(d) Sonya writes to him saying she is releasing him from his promise to marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
2. Why does Nicholas go to Voronezh?
3. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
4. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
5. Who are Princess Mary's "God's Folk"?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)