|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mary right after her father dies?
(a) Mlle. Bourienne persuades Mary to stay at Bogucharovo, but the peasants do not want them there.
(b) The peasants on the land riot and keep her and Mlle. Bourienne confined to the house.
(c) The French enter the home and prevent her from leaving.
(d) The peasants on the land whom Andrew has freed refuse to let her leave for Moscow.
2. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
(a) He pays no attention to it as he is not interested in such "feminine" things.
(b) He tells her in front of them that he does not approve of it and never to do it again.
(c) He tells her that it is quite becoming.
(d) He gets angry with her and tells her to leave his sight.
3. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
(a) "Your luck is astounding."
(b) "Unlucky at cards, lucky in love."
(c) "You have won, but I have won something much more important!"
(d) "Shall we play again tomorrow?"
4. How has Pierre's huge inheritance changed him financially?
(a) He notices that although he has more money than before, he often has to pay so much out that he must borrow in order to fulfill his obligations.
(b) He is thrilled at having so much money that he has a huge surplus each month.
(c) He wishes he had never inherited the money, as life was much simpler before.
(d) He does not really pay attention to the fact that he is continually losing money.
5. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
(a) He is discussing Speranski and says that he has done more good for Russia than anyone else.
(b) He is discussing Kutuzov and that he has the interests of Russia foremost in his decisions.
(c) He is discussing Speranski and how so much of what he did was not really useful.
(d) He is discussing Bagration and that he is extremely valuable in his position.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas goes to Tilsit to request a pardon for Denisov. To whom does he initially appeal and how is he received?
2. Where do the Rostovs go after leaving Moscow?
3. Nicholas goes home on leave. How does he react to Sonya?
4. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
5. Andrew goes to Speranski's for dinner What does he think of him and his company?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)