|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Denisov commandeers provisions for his regiment. How does he justify it to the officer from whom he is taking them?
(a) The infantry are near a town where they can buy food while the Pavlograd hussars' regiment is stationed away from any towns.His soldiers must ride all day which is hard work while they only must march slowly.
(b) He does not try to justify anything; he slaps the officer and takes the food yelling that he is not "wobbing" anyone!
(c) His soldiers have not had provisions for two weeks while the officer complains that his infantrymen have not had provisions for two days.
(d) His soldiers must ride all day which is hard work while they only must march slowly.
2. After Andrew leaves to join the army a second time, what does the old Prince Bolkonski say to Mary before showing her Andrew's second letter?
(a) He tells her that he is angry with her for interfering between him and Mlle. Bourienne.
(b) He tells her that Andrew has written to him about the approach of the French to Smolensk.
(c) He asks her if she is happy that she has made he and Andrew quarrel, that he is old and weak, and hurt by the situation.
(d) He tells her that Andrew has written to say the French are in Smolensk and that they should go to Bogucharovo.
3. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) He's been caught with the money.
(b) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
(c) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(d) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
4. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
(a) She is known for her horrible temper.
(b) She is known as a woman of good sense and unadorned speech.
(c) She is known as a former great beauty.
(d) She is known as a woman of wealth and rank.
5. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(b) Captain Tushin.
(d) Boris Drubetskoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Count Rostopchin?
2. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
3. How does Nicholas handle his family's financial problems?
4. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
5. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)