|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rostopchin allow the mob in front of his house to kill?
(a) A factory worker.
(c) Vereshchagin's father.
2. Who does Alpatych meet when he goes to Smolensk?
(a) Prince Andrew.
(d) Prince Bagration.
3. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
(b) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
(c) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
(d) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
4. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
(a) It is the old Count's birthday.
(b) It is Oktoberfest.
(c) It is the name day of the Countess and her daughter, Natasha.
(d) It is Natasha's birthday.
5. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) Emperor Francis
(b) Prince Bagration.
(c) Napoleon Buonaparte.
(d) General Mack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bagration write to Arakcheev?
2. After his proposal to Vera, Berg comes to visit Count Rostov about Vera's dowry. What does the Count say to him?
3. Pierre goes to visit Prince Andrew at Bogucharovo. How does Andrew appear to him?
4. At Borodino, Andrew is with his regiment. What are they doing and what happens to them?
5. What brings about the change in Andrew in Yaroslavl?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)