|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alpatych meet when he goes to Smolensk?
(a) Prince Andrew.
(b) Prince Bagration.
2. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
(a) "You have won, but I have won something much more important!"
(b) "Unlucky at cards, lucky in love."
(c) "Your luck is astounding."
(d) "Shall we play again tomorrow?"
3. What brings about the change in Andrew in Yaroslavl?
(a) He gives up on the unpleasant struggle to live as his life has been so painful.
(b) He has gangrene and it weakens him so much that he cannot fight it any longer.
(c) His wound is not improving and infection has set in. He is frequently delirious.
(d) He dreams of trying to close a door on death and fails. He no longer fears death.
4. Andrew goes to Speranski's for dinner What does he think of him and his company?
(a) He is surprised at the conversation but he agrees.
(b) He is disappointed at the company's superficial conversation and criticism of everyone.
(c) He is delighted to be in such interesting and illustrious company.
(d) He is angry at their criticism of people he admires so much.
5. How long did the French and Russians not engage in battle after Borodino?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Five days.
(d) Five months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas goes to Tilsit to request a pardon for Denisov. To whom does he initially appeal and how is he received?
2. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
3. What makes Nicholas decide to return home on leave?
4. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
5. What happens to Mary when she is leaving Bogucharovo for Moscow?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)