|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the duel, Helene goes to speak to Pierre. What does she say?
(a) Pierre is a fool to believe that Dolokhov was her lover, she merely likes his company
(b) She was upset that he might have been killed.
(c) She is angry that she will have to hold her head despite being embarrassed.
(d) Pierre is a fool as she thinks Dolokhov is tiresome.
2. What does Bagration write to Arakcheev?
(a) He wants Arakcheev to appoint a minister other than Barclay de Tolly.
(b) He is apprising him of what is going on in the campaign.
(c) He wants to change the chain of command so that he is not subordinate to Barclay.
(d) He requests that Arakcheev moves him from under Barclay de Tollys' command even if he is only to command a regiment.
3. Who does Alpatych meet when he goes to Smolensk?
(a) Prince Bagration.
(c) Prince Andrew.
4. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
(b) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
(c) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
(d) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
5. At Borodino, Andrew is with his regiment. What are they doing and what happens to them?
(a) They are very close together. Andrew goes to break them up but is hit by grapeshot.
(b) The French begin firing toward them and all are killed.
(c) They are about to charge the French but Andrew is killed by a cannon ball.
(d) A shell flies near them and Andrew is hit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
2. How does Andrew react when he sees Natasha after they leave Moscow?
3. What does Pierre do when he goes out into the streets of Moscow to find Napoleon?
4. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
5. Nicholas goes home on leave. How does he react to Sonya?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)