|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Princess Mary's "God's Folk"?
(a) They are ascetics who come to persuade her that she should become like them.
(b) They are pilgrims who come to visit her and talk about their pilgrimages, God, and the miracles they have seen.
(c) They are priests who come to talk with her and receive alms and food for the poor.
(d) They are students who come to her to learn of the Gospel and receive food and clothing from her.
2. Why does Nicholas go to Voronezh?
(a) To find food and other equipment for his regiment.
(b) To get new horses for his regiment.
(c) To get fresh ammunition for his regiment.
(d) To meet with the governor there with information from his commander.
3. Andrew goes to Speranski's for dinner What does he think of him and his company?
(a) He is disappointed at the company's superficial conversation and criticism of everyone.
(b) He is surprised at the conversation but he agrees.
(c) He is delighted to be in such interesting and illustrious company.
(d) He is angry at their criticism of people he admires so much.
4. Pierre goes to visit Prince Andrew at Bogucharovo. How does Andrew appear to him?
(a) Thinner, paler, and his eyes are lifeless.
(b) Bored and disinterested in Pierre's appearance.
(c) Irritated that Pierre has come by unannounced.
(d) Angry and hostile to everyone.
5. What has caused Helene's illness?
(a) The "inconvenience" of having married two men.
(b) She has contracted an illness from her reckless behavior with men.
(c) She has angina pectoris.
(d) She has taken too much of a certain drug.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pierre feeling the first few days he is in Moscow before the French arrive?
2. How do the French react to the ringing of bells when they enter Moscow?
3. Who does Andrew see in the hospital tent who is badly injured?
4. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
5. What does Bagration write to Arakcheev?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)