|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-4 | Part 4, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
(b) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
(c) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
(d) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
2. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
(b) He's been caught with the money.
(c) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
(d) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
3. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
(a) He needs an adjutant.
(b) He wants to keep an eye on him.
(c) He wants Andrew to keep command of the troops as he (Kutuzov) is elderly.
(d) He knew Andrew's father and knows Andrew to be a good soldier.
4. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(c) Captain Tushin.
(d) Boris Drubetskoy.
5. How does Pierre approach the duel with Dolokhov?
(a) He is so distressed at the whole thing that he hopes he's shot.
(b) He is very confident that he will win as he is in the right.
(c) He is indifferent because he is too drunk to understand the possible consequences.
(d) He has never shot a pistol before but refuses to apologize.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
2. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
3. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
4. Nicholas brings his friend Denisov with him and excitedly speaks as they approach. What is Denisov's reaction?
5. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)