|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-4 | Part 4, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
(a) He tells her in front of them that he does not approve of it and never to do it again.
(b) He gets angry with her and tells her to leave his sight.
(c) He tells her that it is quite becoming.
(d) He pays no attention to it as he is not interested in such "feminine" things.
2. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
(a) He pays virtually no attention to anything Andrew has to say, asking only irrelevant questions.
(b) He listens to what he says, is happy, but seems to be speaking according to a script.
(c) He is very upset about casualties in the Austrian army.
(d) He is happy to hear news of victory.
3. After the duel, Helene goes to speak to Pierre. What does she say?
(a) Pierre is a fool as she thinks Dolokhov is tiresome.
(b) She is angry that she will have to hold her head despite being embarrassed.
(c) Pierre is a fool to believe that Dolokhov was her lover, she merely likes his company
(d) She was upset that he might have been killed.
4. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
(a) He is consumed with fear that he may die the next day.
(b) He is bored by the discussion, wants to change the entire plan.
(c) He wanted to contribute but couldn't. He hopes to act on his own and achieve the glory he longs for.
(d) He is shocked at Kutuzov's inattention to it and resents the lack of opportunity to state his ideas.
5. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
(a) She waits for Boris to follow her.
(b) She's waiting for Nicholas to follow Sonya so that she can see what they do.
(c) She's waiting for the guests to leave.
(d) She isn't waiting; she is merely hiding from her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
2. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
3. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
4. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
5. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)