|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-4 | Part 4, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
(b) She doesn't hear her.
(c) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
(d) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
2. Nicholas goes home on leave. How does he react to Sonya?
(a) He pays no attention to her whatsoever as he has decided that he has grown past their childhood romance.
(b) He is struck by how pretty she is but feels estranged from her.
(c) He is angry that he ever told her he loved her.
(d) He is very happy to see her but is uncertain how she feels about him.
3. Nicholas brings his friend Denisov with him and excitedly speaks as they approach. What is Denisov's reaction?
(a) He is asleep because he's had a lot of wine.
(b) He can't hear anything Nicholas says because of the wind.
(c) He is very excited to be meeting the family of his good friend.
(d) He says, "Yes, I am happy for you but I shall just be happy to get out of the cold, my dear fellow."
4. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) The French are firing at them.
(b) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(c) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(d) They all want to get across to get their tea.
5. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
(b) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
(c) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
(d) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
2. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
3. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
4. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
5. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)