|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-4 | Part 4, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
(a) He wants to tell Kutuzov that the Russians aren't needed.
(b) He wants to ask Kutuzov for provisions.
(c) He and Kutuzov are good friends and he wants to greet him.
(d) He is telling Kutuzov that he has lost to the French.
2. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
(a) It is the name day of the Countess and her daughter, Natasha.
(b) It is Oktoberfest.
(c) It is Natasha's birthday.
(d) It is the old Count's birthday.
3. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
(a) He is unhappy that the Tsar has involved Russia in this war which does not concern them.
(b) He is in awe of him and feels he would do anything for him.
(c) He is struck by how young the Tsar is and wonders if he is up to his position.
(d) He is happy to see him but is fearful about the coming action.
4. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
(a) He begins to weep because they don't have it to spare.
(b) He gets furious and calls her a spendthrift.
(c) He ignores her and walks away.
(d) He asks their steward to bring 700 rubles.
5. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(a) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
(b) The Emperor Francis.
(d) General Schmidt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
2. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
3. After the duel, Helene goes to speak to Pierre. What does she say?
4. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
5. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)