|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-4 | Part 4, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(c) Boris Drubetskoy.
(d) Captain Tushin.
2. Nicholas brings his friend Denisov with him and excitedly speaks as they approach. What is Denisov's reaction?
(a) He is very excited to be meeting the family of his good friend.
(b) He can't hear anything Nicholas says because of the wind.
(c) He is asleep because he's had a lot of wine.
(d) He says, "Yes, I am happy for you but I shall just be happy to get out of the cold, my dear fellow."
3. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
(a) It is Oktoberfest.
(b) It is the name day of the Countess and her daughter, Natasha.
(c) It is the old Count's birthday.
(d) It is Natasha's birthday.
4. At the club dinner, what is Pierre so preoccupied with that he doesn't hear what is being said to him?
(a) He is reflecting on remarks Catiche has made and an anonymous letter saying that his wife is cheating on him with Dolokhov.
(b) He is angry that Dolokhov, who has no connections, has been made an officer but still lives off Pierre's good will and takes his money.
(c) He is bewildered by all the things people expect of him and wishes he had not inherited such responsibility with his fortune.
(d) He is tipsy with wine and is absentmindedly staring at a candlestick.
5. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
(b) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
(c) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
(d) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
2. How does Pierre approach the duel with Dolokhov?
3. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
4. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
5. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)