|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-4 | Part 4, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
(b) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
(c) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
(d) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
2. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
(a) He is happy to hear news of victory.
(b) He listens to what he says, is happy, but seems to be speaking according to a script.
(c) He is very upset about casualties in the Austrian army.
(d) He pays virtually no attention to anything Andrew has to say, asking only irrelevant questions.
3. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
(a) He is bored by the discussion, wants to change the entire plan.
(b) He is shocked at Kutuzov's inattention to it and resents the lack of opportunity to state his ideas.
(c) He wanted to contribute but couldn't. He hopes to act on his own and achieve the glory he longs for.
(d) He is consumed with fear that he may die the next day.
4. How does Pierre approach the duel with Dolokhov?
(a) He is indifferent because he is too drunk to understand the possible consequences.
(b) He is very confident that he will win as he is in the right.
(c) He has never shot a pistol before but refuses to apologize.
(d) He is so distressed at the whole thing that he hopes he's shot.
5. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
(a) She wants to ask Pierre's father to lend her money.
(b) She wants Boris to meet the Count.
(c) She wants Boris personally to thank Prince Vasili, a close relative of Pierre's father, who is also there to see the Count.
(d) She hopes that Pierre's father is well enough to acknowledge Boris if only in his Will.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
2. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
3. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
4. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
5. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)