|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-4 | Part 4, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
(a) She wants Boris personally to thank Prince Vasili, a close relative of Pierre's father, who is also there to see the Count.
(b) She wants to ask Pierre's father to lend her money.
(c) She wants Boris to meet the Count.
(d) She hopes that Pierre's father is well enough to acknowledge Boris if only in his Will.
2. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
(a) He is bored by the discussion, wants to change the entire plan.
(b) He wanted to contribute but couldn't. He hopes to act on his own and achieve the glory he longs for.
(c) He is shocked at Kutuzov's inattention to it and resents the lack of opportunity to state his ideas.
(d) He is consumed with fear that he may die the next day.
3. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) General Mack.
(b) Emperor Francis
(c) Napoleon Buonaparte.
(d) Prince Bagration.
4. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
(a) He does not want Prince Vasili or Anatole there.
(b) He basically ignores them as they have interfered with his strict routine.
(c) He is jealous of the attention they pay to his daughter and daughter-in-law.
(d) He is delighted to see them and pleased to see what a brilliant young man Anatole is.
5. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
(b) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
(c) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
(d) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
2. At the club dinner, what is Pierre so preoccupied with that he doesn't hear what is being said to him?
3. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
4. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
5. Nicholas goes home on leave. How does he react to Sonya?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)