|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-4 | Part 4, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
(a) He is happy to hear news of victory.
(b) He listens to what he says, is happy, but seems to be speaking according to a script.
(c) He pays virtually no attention to anything Andrew has to say, asking only irrelevant questions.
(d) He is very upset about casualties in the Austrian army.
2. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
(b) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
(c) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
(d) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
3. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(a) General Schmidt.
(c) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
(d) The Emperor Francis.
4. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
(b) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(c) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
(d) He's been caught with the money.
5. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
(a) She discovers Anatole in the conservatory with his arm around Mlle. Bourienne.
(b) She goes to her room weeping in the knowledge that no one will ever want to marry such a plain young woman as she.
(c) She goes to talk with Lise, asking her what married life is like.
(d) She confides in Mlle. Bourienne that she thinks Anatole is handsome and hopes he will propose.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
2. How does Pierre approach the duel with Dolokhov?
3. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
4. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
5. After the duel, Helene goes to speak to Pierre. What does she say?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)