|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-4 | Part 4, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
(a) She's waiting for Nicholas to follow Sonya so that she can see what they do.
(b) She isn't waiting; she is merely hiding from her friends.
(c) She waits for Boris to follow her.
(d) She's waiting for the guests to leave.
2. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
(a) He goes to find the French.
(b) He goes to Moscow.
(c) He returns home.
(d) He returns to Kutuzov.
3. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
(a) He is telling Kutuzov that he has lost to the French.
(b) He wants to ask Kutuzov for provisions.
(c) He wants to tell Kutuzov that the Russians aren't needed.
(d) He and Kutuzov are good friends and he wants to greet him.
4. How does Pierre approach the duel with Dolokhov?
(a) He is indifferent because he is too drunk to understand the possible consequences.
(b) He has never shot a pistol before but refuses to apologize.
(c) He is so distressed at the whole thing that he hopes he's shot.
(d) He is very confident that he will win as he is in the right.
5. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(b) Boris Drubetskoy.
(d) Captain Tushin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
2. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
3. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
4. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
5. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)