|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-4 | Part 4, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
(a) She is known for her horrible temper.
(b) She is known as a woman of wealth and rank.
(c) She is known as a former great beauty.
(d) She is known as a woman of good sense and unadorned speech.
2. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
(a) He pays no attention to it as he is not interested in such "feminine" things.
(b) He tells her in front of them that he does not approve of it and never to do it again.
(c) He gets angry with her and tells her to leave his sight.
(d) He tells her that it is quite becoming.
3. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
(a) She wants to ask Pierre's father to lend her money.
(b) She hopes that Pierre's father is well enough to acknowledge Boris if only in his Will.
(c) She wants Boris to meet the Count.
(d) She wants Boris personally to thank Prince Vasili, a close relative of Pierre's father, who is also there to see the Count.
4. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
(a) He wants to ask Kutuzov for provisions.
(b) He wants to tell Kutuzov that the Russians aren't needed.
(c) He and Kutuzov are good friends and he wants to greet him.
(d) He is telling Kutuzov that he has lost to the French.
5. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
(a) He follows Denisov's command to do nothing about it.
(b) Nicholas goes to find the thief and catches him spending some of it.
(c) He goes out and celebrates.
(d) He follows the man who stole it and beats him senseless for such outrageous behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
2. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
3. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
4. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
5. At the club dinner, what is Pierre so preoccupied with that he doesn't hear what is being said to him?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)