|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-4 | Part 4, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
(b) She doesn't hear her.
(c) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
(d) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
2. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
(b) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
(c) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
(d) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
3. What does Pierre reflect upon after the duel with Dolokhov?
(a) That he is totally to blame and he prays that Helene will forgive him for his profound error.
(b) That he has, so he thinks, killed a man for a depraved woman whom he has never loved.
(c) That he hopes Helene still loves him and will have his child after all this.
(d) That he is unfortunate for having so foul a temper that he would challenge someone he considers to be a good man and friend to a duel.
4. Nicholas goes home on leave. How does he react to Sonya?
(a) He pays no attention to her whatsoever as he has decided that he has grown past their childhood romance.
(b) He is struck by how pretty she is but feels estranged from her.
(c) He is very happy to see her but is uncertain how she feels about him.
(d) He is angry that he ever told her he loved her.
5. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
(a) He does nothing until the following day when he attacks.
(b) He writes to Napoleon requesting advice.
(c) He offers a cease fire for three days so he can attack them all at once.
(d) He attacks them immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
2. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
3. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
4. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
5. Nicholas brings his friend Denisov with him and excitedly speaks as they approach. What is Denisov's reaction?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)