|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-4 | Part 4, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
(a) He wants to tell Kutuzov that the Russians aren't needed.
(b) He wants to ask Kutuzov for provisions.
(c) He is telling Kutuzov that he has lost to the French.
(d) He and Kutuzov are good friends and he wants to greet him.
2. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
(a) He wanted to contribute but couldn't. He hopes to act on his own and achieve the glory he longs for.
(b) He is shocked at Kutuzov's inattention to it and resents the lack of opportunity to state his ideas.
(c) He is bored by the discussion, wants to change the entire plan.
(d) He is consumed with fear that he may die the next day.
3. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
(a) He does not want Prince Vasili or Anatole there.
(b) He basically ignores them as they have interfered with his strict routine.
(c) He is jealous of the attention they pay to his daughter and daughter-in-law.
(d) He is delighted to see them and pleased to see what a brilliant young man Anatole is.
4. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) They all want to get across to get their tea.
(b) The French are firing at them.
(c) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(d) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
5. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
(a) He returns home.
(b) He goes to find the French.
(c) He goes to Moscow.
(d) He returns to Kutuzov.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
2. Nicholas goes home on leave. How does he react to Sonya?
3. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
4. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
5. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)