|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-4 | Part 4, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pierre approach the duel with Dolokhov?
(a) He is so distressed at the whole thing that he hopes he's shot.
(b) He is indifferent because he is too drunk to understand the possible consequences.
(c) He has never shot a pistol before but refuses to apologize.
(d) He is very confident that he will win as he is in the right.
2. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
(b) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
(c) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
(d) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
3. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
(a) She is known for her horrible temper.
(b) She is known as a woman of wealth and rank.
(c) She is known as a woman of good sense and unadorned speech.
(d) She is known as a former great beauty.
4. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
(b) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(c) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
(d) He's been caught with the money.
5. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
(a) It is Oktoberfest.
(b) It is the old Count's birthday.
(c) It is Natasha's birthday.
(d) It is the name day of the Countess and her daughter, Natasha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
2. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
3. Nicholas goes home on leave. How does he react to Sonya?
4. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
5. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)