|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-4 | Part 4, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
(a) He is unhappy that the Tsar has involved Russia in this war which does not concern them.
(b) He is happy to see him but is fearful about the coming action.
(c) He is struck by how young the Tsar is and wonders if he is up to his position.
(d) He is in awe of him and feels he would do anything for him.
2. Nicholas brings his friend Denisov with him and excitedly speaks as they approach. What is Denisov's reaction?
(a) He says, "Yes, I am happy for you but I shall just be happy to get out of the cold, my dear fellow."
(b) He is asleep because he's had a lot of wine.
(c) He can't hear anything Nicholas says because of the wind.
(d) He is very excited to be meeting the family of his good friend.
3. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
(a) She isn't waiting; she is merely hiding from her friends.
(b) She's waiting for the guests to leave.
(c) She waits for Boris to follow her.
(d) She's waiting for Nicholas to follow Sonya so that she can see what they do.
4. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
(a) She confides in Mlle. Bourienne that she thinks Anatole is handsome and hopes he will propose.
(b) She goes to talk with Lise, asking her what married life is like.
(c) She discovers Anatole in the conservatory with his arm around Mlle. Bourienne.
(d) She goes to her room weeping in the knowledge that no one will ever want to marry such a plain young woman as she.
5. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
(a) He gets angry with her and tells her to leave his sight.
(b) He pays no attention to it as he is not interested in such "feminine" things.
(c) He tells her in front of them that he does not approve of it and never to do it again.
(d) He tells her that it is quite becoming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
2. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
3. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
4. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
5. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)