|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-4 | Part 4, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
(b) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
(c) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
(d) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
2. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
(b) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
(c) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
(d) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
3. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(b) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
(c) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
(d) He's been caught with the money.
4. Nicholas goes home on leave. How does he react to Sonya?
(a) He is struck by how pretty she is but feels estranged from her.
(b) He is angry that he ever told her he loved her.
(c) He pays no attention to her whatsoever as he has decided that he has grown past their childhood romance.
(d) He is very happy to see her but is uncertain how she feels about him.
5. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
(a) He begins to weep because they don't have it to spare.
(b) He gets furious and calls her a spendthrift.
(c) He asks their steward to bring 700 rubles.
(d) He ignores her and walks away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
2. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
3. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
4. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
5. At the club dinner, what is Pierre so preoccupied with that he doesn't hear what is being said to him?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)