|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-4 | Part 4, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
(a) He tells her that it is quite becoming.
(b) He pays no attention to it as he is not interested in such "feminine" things.
(c) He gets angry with her and tells her to leave his sight.
(d) He tells her in front of them that he does not approve of it and never to do it again.
2. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
(a) She wants Boris to meet the Count.
(b) She hopes that Pierre's father is well enough to acknowledge Boris if only in his Will.
(c) She wants Boris personally to thank Prince Vasili, a close relative of Pierre's father, who is also there to see the Count.
(d) She wants to ask Pierre's father to lend her money.
3. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
(a) He pays virtually no attention to anything Andrew has to say, asking only irrelevant questions.
(b) He is happy to hear news of victory.
(c) He listens to what he says, is happy, but seems to be speaking according to a script.
(d) He is very upset about casualties in the Austrian army.
4. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
(b) He's been caught with the money.
(c) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
(d) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
5. How does Pierre approach the duel with Dolokhov?
(a) He is so distressed at the whole thing that he hopes he's shot.
(b) He has never shot a pistol before but refuses to apologize.
(c) He is very confident that he will win as he is in the right.
(d) He is indifferent because he is too drunk to understand the possible consequences.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
2. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
3. Nicholas goes home on leave. How does he react to Sonya?
4. At the club dinner, what is Pierre so preoccupied with that he doesn't hear what is being said to him?
5. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)