|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-4 | Part 4, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
(a) He is in awe of him and feels he would do anything for him.
(b) He is unhappy that the Tsar has involved Russia in this war which does not concern them.
(c) He is happy to see him but is fearful about the coming action.
(d) He is struck by how young the Tsar is and wonders if he is up to his position.
2. After the duel, Helene goes to speak to Pierre. What does she say?
(a) Pierre is a fool as she thinks Dolokhov is tiresome.
(b) She is angry that she will have to hold her head despite being embarrassed.
(c) She was upset that he might have been killed.
(d) Pierre is a fool to believe that Dolokhov was her lover, she merely likes his company
3. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(b) The Emperor Francis.
(c) General Schmidt.
(d) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
4. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) Prince Bagration.
(b) General Mack.
(c) Napoleon Buonaparte.
(d) Emperor Francis
5. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(b) The French are firing at them.
(c) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(d) They all want to get across to get their tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
2. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
3. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
4. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
5. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)