Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12, Chapters 1-8 | Part 12, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Andrew react when he sees Natasha after they leave Moscow?
(a) He is angry that she has intruded on him.
(b) He had just awoken when he sees her and is irritated and confused.
(c) He is very happy to see her.
(d) He is indifferent to her appearance.
2. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
(a) He and Kutuzov are good friends and he wants to greet him.
(b) He is telling Kutuzov that he has lost to the French.
(c) He wants to tell Kutuzov that the Russians aren't needed.
(d) He wants to ask Kutuzov for provisions.
3. Who is the first to see the French at Ostrovna?
(a) The regimental doctor.
(d) None of these.
4. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
(a) He does not want Prince Vasili or Anatole there.
(b) He basically ignores them as they have interfered with his strict routine.
(c) He is delighted to see them and pleased to see what a brilliant young man Anatole is.
(d) He is jealous of the attention they pay to his daughter and daughter-in-law.
5. Nicholas goes to Tilsit to request a pardon for Denisov. To whom does he initially appeal and how is he received?
(a) He first approaches his general who says he will do all he can to help.
(b) He goes to his general who tells him that Denisov is clearly guilty and must face the consequences.
(c) At first he asks Boris to help him through Boris' general and Boris tells him it would be better for him to apply for the pardon through his commander of the corps.
(d) He first approaches Boris who is happy to help Denisov because of Denisov's connections.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rostopchin allow the mob in front of his house to kill?
2. What does Pierre do when he goes out into the streets of Moscow to find Napoleon?
3. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
4. When Pierre has difficulty getting on a horse to ride with a general, how does the staff react to the sight of him?
5. How has Pierre's huge inheritance changed him financially?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)