Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-4 | Part 4, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the duel, Helene goes to speak to Pierre. What does she say?
(a) She is angry that she will have to hold her head despite being embarrassed.
(b) Pierre is a fool to believe that Dolokhov was her lover, she merely likes his company
(c) She was upset that he might have been killed.
(d) Pierre is a fool as she thinks Dolokhov is tiresome.
2. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
(a) She hopes that Pierre's father is well enough to acknowledge Boris if only in his Will.
(b) She wants Boris to meet the Count.
(c) She wants to ask Pierre's father to lend her money.
(d) She wants Boris personally to thank Prince Vasili, a close relative of Pierre's father, who is also there to see the Count.
3. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(b) Captain Tushin.
(d) Boris Drubetskoy.
4. Nicholas brings his friend Denisov with him and excitedly speaks as they approach. What is Denisov's reaction?
(a) He is asleep because he's had a lot of wine.
(b) He can't hear anything Nicholas says because of the wind.
(c) He is very excited to be meeting the family of his good friend.
(d) He says, "Yes, I am happy for you but I shall just be happy to get out of the cold, my dear fellow."
5. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
(b) He's been caught with the money.
(c) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(d) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the club dinner, what is Pierre so preoccupied with that he doesn't hear what is being said to him?
2. What does Pierre reflect upon after the duel with Dolokhov?
3. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
4. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
5. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)