|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andrew goes to visit Pierre the night after the Bergs party. What does he discuss with him?
(a) He is considering going abroad to take a cure and wants to know if Pierre thinks it's a good idea.
(b) His love for Natasha.
(c) His distress that the reforms he is drawing up are slow in materializing.
(d) He had noticed Pierre's overall melancholy and wants to help him.
2. What dance do Denisov and Natasha do at Iogel's ball?
(a) The waltz.
(b) The mazurka.
(c) The twist.
(d) The minuet.
3. Who does Dolokhov propose to?
(c) Helene Bezukhova.
4. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
(a) "Unlucky at cards, lucky in love."
(b) "Your luck is astounding."
(c) "You have won, but I have won something much more important!"
(d) "Shall we play again tomorrow?"
5. Andrew goes to Speranski's for dinner What does he think of him and his company?
(a) He is angry at their criticism of people he admires so much.
(b) He is disappointed at the company's superficial conversation and criticism of everyone.
(c) He is delighted to be in such interesting and illustrious company.
(d) He is surprised at the conversation but he agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his proposal to Vera, Berg comes to visit Count Rostov about Vera's dowry. What does the Count say to him?
2. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
3. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
4. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
5. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)