|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
(b) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
(c) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
(d) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
2. Who assists Anatole in his abduction of Natasha?
(c) Dolokhov and Helene.
(d) No one.
3. How does Andrew react to his evening with the Rostovs in St. Petersburg?
(a) He is neither pleased nor displeased with them and pays the call merely out of courtesy.
(b) He enjoys himself, finds them charming, and Natasha's singing moves him nearly to tears.
(c) He enjoys himself very much but finds them to be too provincial.
(d) He is bored by them and has little in common with them.
4. Natasha receives a letter. What does it say and who is it from?
(a) It is from Pierre warning her not to trust Anatole.
(b) It is from Anatole asking if Natasha will meet him secretly later in the evening.
(c) It is from Anatole declaring his love for her and saying that he has two choices: to be loved by her or to die.
(d) It is from Prince Andrew saying that he is about to return to Russia, and he has decided to marry her as soon as he returns.
5. Andrew goes to Speranski's for dinner What does he think of him and his company?
(a) He is disappointed at the company's superficial conversation and criticism of everyone.
(b) He is angry at their criticism of people he admires so much.
(c) He is surprised at the conversation but he agrees.
(d) He is delighted to be in such interesting and illustrious company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Natasha goes to her first grand ball. How does it go for her?
2. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
3. What prevents Anatole from openly courting Natasha?
4. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
5. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)