|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
(a) He is filled with remorse by the look on her face.
(b) He is filled with overwhelming love for her and for their child but is still unable to express it.
(c) He is overcome with love for her and their son.
(d) He is more concerned with the birth of a son.
2. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(b) The French are firing at them.
(c) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(d) They all want to get across to get their tea.
3. Andrew goes to Speranski's for dinner What does he think of him and his company?
(a) He is delighted to be in such interesting and illustrious company.
(b) He is disappointed at the company's superficial conversation and criticism of everyone.
(c) He is surprised at the conversation but he agrees.
(d) He is angry at their criticism of people he admires so much.
4. How does Andrew react to his evening with the Rostovs in St. Petersburg?
(a) He enjoys himself very much but finds them to be too provincial.
(b) He is neither pleased nor displeased with them and pays the call merely out of courtesy.
(c) He enjoys himself, finds them charming, and Natasha's singing moves him nearly to tears.
(d) He is bored by them and has little in common with them.
5. What dance do Denisov and Natasha do at Iogel's ball?
(a) The minuet.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The mazurka.
(d) The twist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
2. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
3. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
4. What prevents Anatole from openly courting Natasha?
5. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)