|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
(b) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
(c) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
(d) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
2. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
(b) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
(c) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
(d) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
3. How does Count Rostov react when he hears about Nicholas' card game?
(a) He is excited as he had feared Nicholas would ask him for more money but with such a large win, Nicholas will not need it.
(b) He pays no attention; he is preoccupied with a problem with his steward.
(c) He initially is agitated but regains his composure, says it will be difficult to raise the money, and leaves the room.
(d) He is pleased that Nicholas has won so much money.
4. How does the old Prince Bolkonski react to Marya Dmitrievna's visit?
(a) He is unexpectedly very pleasant, but tells her he will not change his mind about Andrew's wedding.
(b) He is out discussing political reform at the time.
(c) He loudly refuses to see her.
(d) He shouts at her.
5. Vera and Berg hold their first party. Who comes?
(a) Pierre, the Rostovs, and Berg's superior officers.
(b) The Bezukhovs, Boris, some of Berg's military connections and the Rostovs.
(c) The Count and Countess Rostov, the Bezukhovs, Berg's colonel, and Boris.
(d) Pierre, the Rostovs, Boris, a general, a colonel, Andrew, and some others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Natasha receives a letter. What does it say and who is it from?
2. How does Natasha react when Anatole tells her he is in love with her?
3. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
4. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
5. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)