|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
(a) "Your luck is astounding."
(b) "You have won, but I have won something much more important!"
(c) "Shall we play again tomorrow?"
(d) "Unlucky at cards, lucky in love."
2. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
(a) Nicholas wins 4,300 rubles.
(b) Nicholas wins 43,000 rubles.
(c) Dolokhov wins 43,000 Rubles.
(d) Dolokhov wins 800,000 Rubles.
3. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
(b) He's been caught with the money.
(c) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
(d) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
4. Natasha receives a letter. What does it say and who is it from?
(a) It is from Anatole asking if Natasha will meet him secretly later in the evening.
(b) It is from Pierre warning her not to trust Anatole.
(c) It is from Anatole declaring his love for her and saying that he has two choices: to be loved by her or to die.
(d) It is from Prince Andrew saying that he is about to return to Russia, and he has decided to marry her as soon as he returns.
5. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
(a) He is more concerned with the birth of a son.
(b) He is overcome with love for her and their son.
(c) He is filled with overwhelming love for her and for their child but is still unable to express it.
(d) He is filled with remorse by the look on her face.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Natasha react when Anatole tells her he is in love with her?
2. Vera and Berg hold their first party. Who comes?
3. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
4. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
5. How does Count Rostov react when he hears about Nicholas' card game?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)