|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
(b) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
(c) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
(d) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
2. What dance do Denisov and Natasha do at Iogel's ball?
(a) The waltz.
(b) The minuet.
(c) The twist.
(d) The mazurka.
3. What prevents Anatole from openly courting Natasha?
(a) Marya Dmitrievna dislikes the Kuragins and tells Natasha that she will not allow them in her home.
(b) Anatole is already married.
(c) Natasha's engagement to Prince Andrew.
(d) Count Rostov is very protective of his daughter.
4. Natasha receives a letter. What does it say and who is it from?
(a) It is from Prince Andrew saying that he is about to return to Russia, and he has decided to marry her as soon as he returns.
(b) It is from Anatole declaring his love for her and saying that he has two choices: to be loved by her or to die.
(c) It is from Anatole asking if Natasha will meet him secretly later in the evening.
(d) It is from Pierre warning her not to trust Anatole.
5. Who assists Anatole in his abduction of Natasha?
(a) Dolokhov and Helene.
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Count Rostov react when he hears about Nicholas' card game?
2. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
3. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
4. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
5. Andrew goes to Speranski's for dinner What does he think of him and his company?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)