|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Andrew react to his evening with the Rostovs in St. Petersburg?
(a) He enjoys himself, finds them charming, and Natasha's singing moves him nearly to tears.
(b) He is bored by them and has little in common with them.
(c) He enjoys himself very much but finds them to be too provincial.
(d) He is neither pleased nor displeased with them and pays the call merely out of courtesy.
2. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
(a) He is discussing Speranski and says that he has done more good for Russia than anyone else.
(b) He is discussing Kutuzov and that he has the interests of Russia foremost in his decisions.
(c) He is discussing Bagration and that he is extremely valuable in his position.
(d) He is discussing Speranski and how so much of what he did was not really useful.
3. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) They all want to get across to get their tea.
(b) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(c) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(d) The French are firing at them.
4. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
(a) He tells her that it is quite becoming.
(b) He pays no attention to it as he is not interested in such "feminine" things.
(c) He gets angry with her and tells her to leave his sight.
(d) He tells her in front of them that he does not approve of it and never to do it again.
5. Who does Dolokhov propose to?
(b) Helene Bezukhova.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
2. How does Count Rostov react when he hears about Nicholas' card game?
3. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
4. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
5. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)