|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
(a) He and Kutuzov are good friends and he wants to greet him.
(b) He wants to ask Kutuzov for provisions.
(c) He is telling Kutuzov that he has lost to the French.
(d) He wants to tell Kutuzov that the Russians aren't needed.
2. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
(a) He is more concerned with the birth of a son.
(b) He is overcome with love for her and their son.
(c) He is filled with overwhelming love for her and for their child but is still unable to express it.
(d) He is filled with remorse by the look on her face.
3. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
(a) He tells her that it is quite becoming.
(b) He gets angry with her and tells her to leave his sight.
(c) He pays no attention to it as he is not interested in such "feminine" things.
(d) He tells her in front of them that he does not approve of it and never to do it again.
4. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
(a) She discovers Anatole in the conservatory with his arm around Mlle. Bourienne.
(b) She confides in Mlle. Bourienne that she thinks Anatole is handsome and hopes he will propose.
(c) She goes to talk with Lise, asking her what married life is like.
(d) She goes to her room weeping in the knowledge that no one will ever want to marry such a plain young woman as she.
5. Natasha goes to her first grand ball. How does it go for her?
(a) At first she doesn't dance but after Andrew asks her, she dances all night.
(b) She finds she does not really like such large gatherings.
(c) She is excited to see all the beautiful people but doesn't want to dance.
(d) She is extremely excited and thrilled but is soon disappointed that no one asks her to dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
2. Natasha receives a letter. What does it say and who is it from?
3. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
4. Andrew goes to visit Pierre the night after the Bergs party. What does he discuss with him?
5. What dance do Denisov and Natasha do at Iogel's ball?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)