|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Anatole from openly courting Natasha?
(a) Anatole is already married.
(b) Natasha's engagement to Prince Andrew.
(c) Count Rostov is very protective of his daughter.
(d) Marya Dmitrievna dislikes the Kuragins and tells Natasha that she will not allow them in her home.
2. Natasha receives a letter. What does it say and who is it from?
(a) It is from Prince Andrew saying that he is about to return to Russia, and he has decided to marry her as soon as he returns.
(b) It is from Pierre warning her not to trust Anatole.
(c) It is from Anatole declaring his love for her and saying that he has two choices: to be loved by her or to die.
(d) It is from Anatole asking if Natasha will meet him secretly later in the evening.
3. Vera and Berg hold their first party. Who comes?
(a) The Count and Countess Rostov, the Bezukhovs, Berg's colonel, and Boris.
(b) The Bezukhovs, Boris, some of Berg's military connections and the Rostovs.
(c) Pierre, the Rostovs, and Berg's superior officers.
(d) Pierre, the Rostovs, Boris, a general, a colonel, Andrew, and some others.
4. Who does Dolokhov propose to?
(a) Helene Bezukhova.
5. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
(b) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
(c) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
(d) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
2. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
3. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
4. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
5. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)