|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
(a) "You have won, but I have won something much more important!"
(b) "Your luck is astounding."
(c) "Unlucky at cards, lucky in love."
(d) "Shall we play again tomorrow?"
2. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
(a) He follows Denisov's command to do nothing about it.
(b) He follows the man who stole it and beats him senseless for such outrageous behavior.
(c) Nicholas goes to find the thief and catches him spending some of it.
(d) He goes out and celebrates.
3. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
(a) He tells her that it is quite becoming.
(b) He gets angry with her and tells her to leave his sight.
(c) He pays no attention to it as he is not interested in such "feminine" things.
(d) He tells her in front of them that he does not approve of it and never to do it again.
4. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
(b) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(c) He's been caught with the money.
(d) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
5. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(b) They all want to get across to get their tea.
(c) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(d) The French are firing at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andrew goes to visit Pierre the night after the Bergs party. What does he discuss with him?
2. Vera and Berg hold their first party. Who comes?
3. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
4. How does the old Prince Bolkonski react to Marya Dmitrievna's visit?
5. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)