|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
(a) He knew Andrew's father and knows Andrew to be a good soldier.
(b) He wants Andrew to keep command of the troops as he (Kutuzov) is elderly.
(c) He wants to keep an eye on him.
(d) He needs an adjutant.
2. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
(a) He does not want Prince Vasili or Anatole there.
(b) He is delighted to see them and pleased to see what a brilliant young man Anatole is.
(c) He is jealous of the attention they pay to his daughter and daughter-in-law.
(d) He basically ignores them as they have interfered with his strict routine.
3. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
(a) He is discussing Speranski and says that he has done more good for Russia than anyone else.
(b) He is discussing Kutuzov and that he has the interests of Russia foremost in his decisions.
(c) He is discussing Speranski and how so much of what he did was not really useful.
(d) He is discussing Bagration and that he is extremely valuable in his position.
4. Who does Dolokhov propose to?
(d) Helene Bezukhova.
5. What prevents Anatole from openly courting Natasha?
(a) Count Rostov is very protective of his daughter.
(b) Marya Dmitrievna dislikes the Kuragins and tells Natasha that she will not allow them in her home.
(c) Natasha's engagement to Prince Andrew.
(d) Anatole is already married.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
2. Natasha goes to her first grand ball. How does it go for her?
3. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
4. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
5. How does Natasha react when Anatole tells her he is in love with her?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)