|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Count Rostov react when he hears about Nicholas' card game?
(a) He is pleased that Nicholas has won so much money.
(b) He is excited as he had feared Nicholas would ask him for more money but with such a large win, Nicholas will not need it.
(c) He initially is agitated but regains his composure, says it will be difficult to raise the money, and leaves the room.
(d) He pays no attention; he is preoccupied with a problem with his steward.
2. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
(a) He is happy to see him but is fearful about the coming action.
(b) He is unhappy that the Tsar has involved Russia in this war which does not concern them.
(c) He is struck by how young the Tsar is and wonders if he is up to his position.
(d) He is in awe of him and feels he would do anything for him.
3. What dance do Denisov and Natasha do at Iogel's ball?
(a) The waltz.
(b) The minuet.
(c) The twist.
(d) The mazurka.
4. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
(a) He follows the man who stole it and beats him senseless for such outrageous behavior.
(b) He goes out and celebrates.
(c) He follows Denisov's command to do nothing about it.
(d) Nicholas goes to find the thief and catches him spending some of it.
5. Andrew goes to Speranski's for dinner What does he think of him and his company?
(a) He is disappointed at the company's superficial conversation and criticism of everyone.
(b) He is surprised at the conversation but he agrees.
(c) He is delighted to be in such interesting and illustrious company.
(d) He is angry at their criticism of people he admires so much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
2. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
3. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
4. What prevents Anatole from openly courting Natasha?
5. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)