|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Andrew react to his evening with the Rostovs in St. Petersburg?
(a) He enjoys himself very much but finds them to be too provincial.
(b) He is bored by them and has little in common with them.
(c) He enjoys himself, finds them charming, and Natasha's singing moves him nearly to tears.
(d) He is neither pleased nor displeased with them and pays the call merely out of courtesy.
2. Andrew goes to visit Pierre the night after the Bergs party. What does he discuss with him?
(a) He is considering going abroad to take a cure and wants to know if Pierre thinks it's a good idea.
(b) His love for Natasha.
(c) His distress that the reforms he is drawing up are slow in materializing.
(d) He had noticed Pierre's overall melancholy and wants to help him.
3. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
(a) He is more concerned with the birth of a son.
(b) He is filled with remorse by the look on her face.
(c) He is filled with overwhelming love for her and for their child but is still unable to express it.
(d) He is overcome with love for her and their son.
4. How does the old Prince Bolkonski react to Marya Dmitrievna's visit?
(a) He is unexpectedly very pleasant, but tells her he will not change his mind about Andrew's wedding.
(b) He shouts at her.
(c) He loudly refuses to see her.
(d) He is out discussing political reform at the time.
5. After his proposal to Vera, Berg comes to visit Count Rostov about Vera's dowry. What does the Count say to him?
(a) He likes Berg being business-like about it and then he offers him 20,000 rubles in ready money and a note for 80,000 rubles.
(b) He brushes off the matter saying he must consult his steward.
(c) He says he is glad Berg is direct and offers him 80,000 rubles in ready money.
(d) He offers him 30,000 rubles in cash and 50,000 rubles as a note of hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
2. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
3. Vera and Berg hold their first party. Who comes?
4. What dance do Denisov and Natasha do at Iogel's ball?
5. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)