|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
(a) He follows the man who stole it and beats him senseless for such outrageous behavior.
(b) He goes out and celebrates.
(c) He follows Denisov's command to do nothing about it.
(d) Nicholas goes to find the thief and catches him spending some of it.
2. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
(a) He tells her in front of them that he does not approve of it and never to do it again.
(b) He gets angry with her and tells her to leave his sight.
(c) He pays no attention to it as he is not interested in such "feminine" things.
(d) He tells her that it is quite becoming.
3. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
(b) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
(c) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
(d) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
4. Natasha receives a letter. What does it say and who is it from?
(a) It is from Prince Andrew saying that he is about to return to Russia, and he has decided to marry her as soon as he returns.
(b) It is from Pierre warning her not to trust Anatole.
(c) It is from Anatole declaring his love for her and saying that he has two choices: to be loved by her or to die.
(d) It is from Anatole asking if Natasha will meet him secretly later in the evening.
5. Andrew goes to Speranski's for dinner What does he think of him and his company?
(a) He is angry at their criticism of people he admires so much.
(b) He is disappointed at the company's superficial conversation and criticism of everyone.
(c) He is delighted to be in such interesting and illustrious company.
(d) He is surprised at the conversation but he agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
2. How does Natasha react when Anatole tells her he is in love with her?
3. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
4. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
5. Who does Dolokhov propose to?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)