|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assists Anatole in his abduction of Natasha?
(b) Dolokhov and Helene.
(c) No one.
2. How does Natasha react when Anatole tells her he is in love with her?
(a) She tells him not to say that; she is engaged and in love with another man.
(b) She is uncomfortable at his lack of propriety, and questions how he could be in love with someone he's only just met the day before.
(c) She is flattered and presses his hand.
(d) She is overcome with delight and says nothing except that she is already engaged.
3. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
(a) He is consumed with fear that he may die the next day.
(b) He is shocked at Kutuzov's inattention to it and resents the lack of opportunity to state his ideas.
(c) He wanted to contribute but couldn't. He hopes to act on his own and achieve the glory he longs for.
(d) He is bored by the discussion, wants to change the entire plan.
4. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
(b) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
(c) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
(d) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
5. After his proposal to Vera, Berg comes to visit Count Rostov about Vera's dowry. What does the Count say to him?
(a) He says he is glad Berg is direct and offers him 80,000 rubles in ready money.
(b) He offers him 30,000 rubles in cash and 50,000 rubles as a note of hand.
(c) He likes Berg being business-like about it and then he offers him 20,000 rubles in ready money and a note for 80,000 rubles.
(d) He brushes off the matter saying he must consult his steward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
2. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
3. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
4. How does Count Rostov react when he hears about Nicholas' card game?
5. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)