|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andrew goes to Speranski's for dinner What does he think of him and his company?
(a) He is surprised at the conversation but he agrees.
(b) He is disappointed at the company's superficial conversation and criticism of everyone.
(c) He is angry at their criticism of people he admires so much.
(d) He is delighted to be in such interesting and illustrious company.
2. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
(a) Nicholas wins 43,000 rubles.
(b) Nicholas wins 4,300 rubles.
(c) Dolokhov wins 43,000 Rubles.
(d) Dolokhov wins 800,000 Rubles.
3. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
(b) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
(c) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
(d) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
4. Natasha goes to her first grand ball. How does it go for her?
(a) She is extremely excited and thrilled but is soon disappointed that no one asks her to dance.
(b) She is excited to see all the beautiful people but doesn't want to dance.
(c) She finds she does not really like such large gatherings.
(d) At first she doesn't dance but after Andrew asks her, she dances all night.
5. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
(a) He is discussing Speranski and says that he has done more good for Russia than anyone else.
(b) He is discussing Speranski and how so much of what he did was not really useful.
(c) He is discussing Bagration and that he is extremely valuable in his position.
(d) He is discussing Kutuzov and that he has the interests of Russia foremost in his decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
2. How does the old Prince Bolkonski react to Marya Dmitrievna's visit?
3. How does Count Rostov react when he hears about Nicholas' card game?
4. After his proposal to Vera, Berg comes to visit Count Rostov about Vera's dowry. What does the Count say to him?
5. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)