|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Natasha receives a letter. What does it say and who is it from?
(a) It is from Prince Andrew saying that he is about to return to Russia, and he has decided to marry her as soon as he returns.
(b) It is from Anatole declaring his love for her and saying that he has two choices: to be loved by her or to die.
(c) It is from Pierre warning her not to trust Anatole.
(d) It is from Anatole asking if Natasha will meet him secretly later in the evening.
2. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) He's been caught with the money.
(b) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
(c) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(d) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
3. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
(b) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
(c) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
(d) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
4. Natasha goes to her first grand ball. How does it go for her?
(a) She finds she does not really like such large gatherings.
(b) She is excited to see all the beautiful people but doesn't want to dance.
(c) At first she doesn't dance but after Andrew asks her, she dances all night.
(d) She is extremely excited and thrilled but is soon disappointed that no one asks her to dance.
5. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
(a) He is discussing Speranski and how so much of what he did was not really useful.
(b) He is discussing Speranski and says that he has done more good for Russia than anyone else.
(c) He is discussing Kutuzov and that he has the interests of Russia foremost in his decisions.
(d) He is discussing Bagration and that he is extremely valuable in his position.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
2. Who does Dolokhov propose to?
3. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
4. Andrew goes to Speranski's for dinner What does he think of him and his company?
5. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)