|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
(a) "Shall we play again tomorrow?"
(b) "Your luck is astounding."
(c) "Unlucky at cards, lucky in love."
(d) "You have won, but I have won something much more important!"
2. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
(a) He is happy to see him but is fearful about the coming action.
(b) He is unhappy that the Tsar has involved Russia in this war which does not concern them.
(c) He is struck by how young the Tsar is and wonders if he is up to his position.
(d) He is in awe of him and feels he would do anything for him.
3. Andrew goes to Speranski's for dinner What does he think of him and his company?
(a) He is angry at their criticism of people he admires so much.
(b) He is surprised at the conversation but he agrees.
(c) He is disappointed at the company's superficial conversation and criticism of everyone.
(d) He is delighted to be in such interesting and illustrious company.
4. What prevents Anatole from openly courting Natasha?
(a) Count Rostov is very protective of his daughter.
(b) Natasha's engagement to Prince Andrew.
(c) Marya Dmitrievna dislikes the Kuragins and tells Natasha that she will not allow them in her home.
(d) Anatole is already married.
5. What dance do Denisov and Natasha do at Iogel's ball?
(a) The mazurka.
(b) The minuet.
(c) The twist.
(d) The waltz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
2. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
3. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
4. Who assists Anatole in his abduction of Natasha?
5. Andrew goes to visit Pierre the night after the Bergs party. What does he discuss with him?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)