|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
(a) She confides in Mlle. Bourienne that she thinks Anatole is handsome and hopes he will propose.
(b) She goes to talk with Lise, asking her what married life is like.
(c) She discovers Anatole in the conservatory with his arm around Mlle. Bourienne.
(d) She goes to her room weeping in the knowledge that no one will ever want to marry such a plain young woman as she.
2. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
(a) Nicholas wins 43,000 rubles.
(b) Nicholas wins 4,300 rubles.
(c) Dolokhov wins 43,000 Rubles.
(d) Dolokhov wins 800,000 Rubles.
3. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
(a) He is struck by how young the Tsar is and wonders if he is up to his position.
(b) He is in awe of him and feels he would do anything for him.
(c) He is happy to see him but is fearful about the coming action.
(d) He is unhappy that the Tsar has involved Russia in this war which does not concern them.
4. Natasha receives a letter. What does it say and who is it from?
(a) It is from Pierre warning her not to trust Anatole.
(b) It is from Prince Andrew saying that he is about to return to Russia, and he has decided to marry her as soon as he returns.
(c) It is from Anatole asking if Natasha will meet him secretly later in the evening.
(d) It is from Anatole declaring his love for her and saying that he has two choices: to be loved by her or to die.
5. Who assists Anatole in his abduction of Natasha?
(b) Dolokhov and Helene.
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
2. After his proposal to Vera, Berg comes to visit Count Rostov about Vera's dowry. What does the Count say to him?
3. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
4. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
5. Natasha goes to her first grand ball. How does it go for her?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)