|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapters 13-17 | Part 8, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
(a) He is discussing Speranski and says that he has done more good for Russia than anyone else.
(b) He is discussing Speranski and how so much of what he did was not really useful.
(c) He is discussing Kutuzov and that he has the interests of Russia foremost in his decisions.
(d) He is discussing Bagration and that he is extremely valuable in his position.
2. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
(a) He needs an adjutant.
(b) He wants Andrew to keep command of the troops as he (Kutuzov) is elderly.
(c) He knew Andrew's father and knows Andrew to be a good soldier.
(d) He wants to keep an eye on him.
3. How does Count Rostov react when he hears about Nicholas' card game?
(a) He pays no attention; he is preoccupied with a problem with his steward.
(b) He is pleased that Nicholas has won so much money.
(c) He is excited as he had feared Nicholas would ask him for more money but with such a large win, Nicholas will not need it.
(d) He initially is agitated but regains his composure, says it will be difficult to raise the money, and leaves the room.
4. How does the old Prince Bolkonski react to Marya Dmitrievna's visit?
(a) He loudly refuses to see her.
(b) He shouts at her.
(c) He is out discussing political reform at the time.
(d) He is unexpectedly very pleasant, but tells her he will not change his mind about Andrew's wedding.
5. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
(a) He is in awe of him and feels he would do anything for him.
(b) He is unhappy that the Tsar has involved Russia in this war which does not concern them.
(c) He is happy to see him but is fearful about the coming action.
(d) He is struck by how young the Tsar is and wonders if he is up to his position.
Short Answer Questions
1. Natasha receives a letter. What does it say and who is it from?
2. Who assists Anatole in his abduction of Natasha?
3. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
4. Andrew goes to Speranski's for dinner What does he think of him and his company?
5. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)