|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
(a) She loves his playing the guitar and dances for them.
(b) At Ilagin's insistence, she reluctantly sings while he plays guitar.
(c) She is weary from hunting and falls asleep.
(d) She is unhappy with the rustic nature of Ilagin's house and wants to go home.
2. Where do the wounded soldiers go when everyone is leaving Moscow before the French arrive?
(a) They ask to rest in the yards of the people leaving Moscow.
(b) They go to a hospital.
(c) Most go out of the city but a few go into the Rostovs' yard.
(d) They are all leaving Moscow as quickly as they can.
3. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
(a) He is excited about the prospect of being in combat and perhaps distinguishing himself for the Tsar.
(b) Various disconnected thoughts as he struggles not to fall asleep.
(c) He is in a foul temper as he is cold, hungry, and is missing the comforts of home.
(d) He is terrified that he may be shot and wishes he had not been given this duty.
4. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
(a) They put him on the stretcher but then determine that he is dead and so leave him in the field.
(b) Napoleon remembers him, admires his courage, and sends him to his own doctor to be tended.
(c) Napoleon remembers him, so they put him on a stretcher, but steal his icon.
(d) Napoleon sees him, remembers his carrying the Russian standard, and sends him to a hospital.
5. What makes Nicholas decide to return home on leave?
(a) Sonya writes to him saying she is releasing him from his promise to marry her.
(b) His father writes to him saying that he is afraid Mitenka, their steward, is cheating him but does not know how to prove it.
(c) His mother writes him a pleading letter.
(d) The countess begs him to come home to cheer up Natasha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
2. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
3. What news does Pierre hear from Rostopchin and his adjutant when he arrives back in Moscow after Borodino?
4. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
5. What sort of man is Rostopchin?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)