|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
(a) A cousin of the count's.
(c) A looting officer.
2. What happens with Prince Andrew during the battle at Austerlitz?
(a) He sees Kutuzov has a head wound and takes him to be treated.
(b) He rides alongside the retreating army ordering them to turn back.
(c) He runs yelling "Forward, lads!", picks up the fallen standard, and is shot in the head.
(d) He sees the Tsar and requests him to leave the field of battle.
3. What sort of man is Rostopchin?
(a) He is a bit brutal with a close eye on how people perceive his actions.
(b) He is a dutiful servant of the Tsar's.
(c) He is a man who means well and is generally kind.
(d) He is a very cruel man who has no regard for anyone.
4. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
(a) All of the above.
(b) He doesn't want the other hounds to hear him call to his hound.
(c) He does not want the wolf to hear him calling.
(d) He doesn't want the other hunts men to hear.
5. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
(a) She is weary from hunting and falls asleep.
(b) At Ilagin's insistence, she reluctantly sings while he plays guitar.
(c) She is unhappy with the rustic nature of Ilagin's house and wants to go home.
(d) She loves his playing the guitar and dances for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the wounded soldiers go when everyone is leaving Moscow before the French arrive?
2. How does Nicholas handle his family's financial problems?
3. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
4. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
5. What news does Pierre hear from Rostopchin and his adjutant when he arrives back in Moscow after Borodino?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)