|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Pierre hear from Rostopchin and his adjutant when he arrives back in Moscow after Borodino?
(a) Andrew is mortally wounded, and Moscow is being deserted.
(b) Anatole and Andrew have been killed and Helene is planning to marry again.
(c) Anatole has had his leg amputated and Helene is leaving Russia for Europe.
(d) Anatole is dying and Helene has converted to Catholicism.
2. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
(b) Natasha and Petya.
(c) Sonya, Natasha, and Petya.
(d) No one - he goes on it alone.
3. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
(a) He asks if they have seen any movement of the French and they ignore him.
(b) He asks if he may be attached to the first squadron and they ask if he is Count Ilya Rostov's son.
(c) He asks if he may go to the front and they deny his request saying that he is needed in reserve.
(d) He asks if they have seen any sign of the fog clearing, and they reply that it should clear in the morning.
4. What makes Nicholas decide to return home on leave?
(a) The countess begs him to come home to cheer up Natasha.
(b) His father writes to him saying that he is afraid Mitenka, their steward, is cheating him but does not know how to prove it.
(c) His mother writes him a pleading letter.
(d) Sonya writes to him saying she is releasing him from his promise to marry her.
5. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
(a) All of the above.
(b) He doesn't want the other hounds to hear him call to his hound.
(c) He doesn't want the other hunts men to hear.
(d) He does not want the wolf to hear him calling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
2. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
3. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
4. How does Nicholas handle his family's financial problems?
5. After the battle at Borodino, where does Pierre stay the night?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)