|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of man is Rostopchin?
(a) He is a man who means well and is generally kind.
(b) He is a bit brutal with a close eye on how people perceive his actions.
(c) He is a dutiful servant of the Tsar's.
(d) He is a very cruel man who has no regard for anyone.
2. Where do the wounded soldiers go when everyone is leaving Moscow before the French arrive?
(a) They are all leaving Moscow as quickly as they can.
(b) They go to a hospital.
(c) They ask to rest in the yards of the people leaving Moscow.
(d) Most go out of the city but a few go into the Rostovs' yard.
3. What makes Nicholas decide to return home on leave?
(a) His father writes to him saying that he is afraid Mitenka, their steward, is cheating him but does not know how to prove it.
(b) The countess begs him to come home to cheer up Natasha.
(c) His mother writes him a pleading letter.
(d) Sonya writes to him saying she is releasing him from his promise to marry her.
4. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
(a) A cousin of the count's.
(c) A looting officer.
5. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
(a) Natasha and Petya.
(c) No one - he goes on it alone.
(d) Sonya, Natasha, and Petya.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
2. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
3. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
4. How does Napoleon regard Moscow before he and his troops enter the city?
5. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)