|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas handle his family's financial problems?
(a) He gets upset with his father for mismanaging their estates.
(b) Though he comes home to offer support, he is unable to do anything.
(c) He gets upset with his mother for begging him to come back to help when he knows nothing about such things.
(d) He goes to speak to the steward, gets very angry, and kicks him out the door.
2. What sort of man is Rostopchin?
(a) He is a very cruel man who has no regard for anyone.
(b) He is a bit brutal with a close eye on how people perceive his actions.
(c) He is a dutiful servant of the Tsar's.
(d) He is a man who means well and is generally kind.
3. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
(a) She is weary from hunting and falls asleep.
(b) She is unhappy with the rustic nature of Ilagin's house and wants to go home.
(c) She loves his playing the guitar and dances for them.
(d) At Ilagin's insistence, she reluctantly sings while he plays guitar.
4. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
(a) Soldiers set apart from a main army to guard them from surprise attack.
(b) A border between one army and another.
(c) A portion of a fence.
(d) A line of stakes set in the ground behind which artillery is positioned.
5. After the battle at Borodino, where does Pierre stay the night?
(a) He sleeps in his carriage.
(b) He returns to Moscow that night.
(c) He sleeps in a field.
(d) He goes to one of his nearby estates.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Napoleon regard Moscow before he and his troops enter the city?
2. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
3. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
4. What happens with Prince Andrew during the battle at Austerlitz?
5. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)