|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
(a) He asks if they have seen any sign of the fog clearing, and they reply that it should clear in the morning.
(b) He asks if he may be attached to the first squadron and they ask if he is Count Ilya Rostov's son.
(c) He asks if he may go to the front and they deny his request saying that he is needed in reserve.
(d) He asks if they have seen any movement of the French and they ignore him.
2. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
(a) A border between one army and another.
(b) A line of stakes set in the ground behind which artillery is positioned.
(c) Soldiers set apart from a main army to guard them from surprise attack.
(d) A portion of a fence.
3. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
(a) Napoleon remembers him, so they put him on a stretcher, but steal his icon.
(b) Napoleon remembers him, admires his courage, and sends him to his own doctor to be tended.
(c) Napoleon sees him, remembers his carrying the Russian standard, and sends him to a hospital.
(d) They put him on the stretcher but then determine that he is dead and so leave him in the field.
4. How does Napoleon regard Moscow before he and his troops enter the city?
(a) He is struck by its strange beauty and unique architecture and wants to give its people a good government.
(b) He is amazed at how crude and unlike European cities it is and wants to raze it and make it like a European city.
(c) He looks upon it as a unique city but does not care if its barbaric architecture is saved or preserved.
(d) He regards it with deference but is determined to alter as many of its architectural flaws as possible.
5. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
(a) A cousin of the count's.
(d) A looting officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Nicholas decide to return home on leave?
2. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
3. What happens with Prince Andrew during the battle at Austerlitz?
4. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
5. Who is Ilagin?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)