|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
(a) Various disconnected thoughts as he struggles not to fall asleep.
(b) He is excited about the prospect of being in combat and perhaps distinguishing himself for the Tsar.
(c) He is in a foul temper as he is cold, hungry, and is missing the comforts of home.
(d) He is terrified that he may be shot and wishes he had not been given this duty.
2. What happens with Prince Andrew during the battle at Austerlitz?
(a) He rides alongside the retreating army ordering them to turn back.
(b) He sees the Tsar and requests him to leave the field of battle.
(c) He runs yelling "Forward, lads!", picks up the fallen standard, and is shot in the head.
(d) He sees Kutuzov has a head wound and takes him to be treated.
3. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
(a) She is unhappy with the rustic nature of Ilagin's house and wants to go home.
(b) At Ilagin's insistence, she reluctantly sings while he plays guitar.
(c) She is weary from hunting and falls asleep.
(d) She loves his playing the guitar and dances for them.
4. What news does Pierre hear from Rostopchin and his adjutant when he arrives back in Moscow after Borodino?
(a) Andrew is mortally wounded, and Moscow is being deserted.
(b) Anatole is dying and Helene has converted to Catholicism.
(c) Anatole and Andrew have been killed and Helene is planning to marry again.
(d) Anatole has had his leg amputated and Helene is leaving Russia for Europe.
5. What sort of man is Rostopchin?
(a) He is a man who means well and is generally kind.
(b) He is a bit brutal with a close eye on how people perceive his actions.
(c) He is a dutiful servant of the Tsar's.
(d) He is a very cruel man who has no regard for anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
2. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
3. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
4. Who is Ilagin?
5. What makes Nicholas decide to return home on leave?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)