|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
(b) No one - he goes on it alone.
(c) Sonya, Natasha, and Petya.
(d) Natasha and Petya.
2. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
(a) Various disconnected thoughts as he struggles not to fall asleep.
(b) He is in a foul temper as he is cold, hungry, and is missing the comforts of home.
(c) He is terrified that he may be shot and wishes he had not been given this duty.
(d) He is excited about the prospect of being in combat and perhaps distinguishing himself for the Tsar.
3. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
(b) A looting officer.
(d) A cousin of the count's.
4. Where do the wounded soldiers go when everyone is leaving Moscow before the French arrive?
(a) Most go out of the city but a few go into the Rostovs' yard.
(b) They are all leaving Moscow as quickly as they can.
(c) They ask to rest in the yards of the people leaving Moscow.
(d) They go to a hospital.
5. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
(a) He goes to deliver it , hears the Tsar has been wounded, but later finds him alone in the middle of a field unhurt.
(b) He goes to deliver it, hears the Tsar has been killed, and rides back to find his squadron.
(c) He delivers it to the Tsar who recognizes him and asks Nicholas what the state of battle is.
(d) He hears that the Tsar has been killed so he goes to deliver it to Kutuzov.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
2. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
3. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
4. How does Napoleon regard Moscow before he and his troops enter the city?
5. What news does Pierre hear from Rostopchin and his adjutant when he arrives back in Moscow after Borodino?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)