|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the battle at Borodino, where does Pierre stay the night?
(a) He sleeps in his carriage.
(b) He returns to Moscow that night.
(c) He goes to one of his nearby estates.
(d) He sleeps in a field.
2. What sort of man is Rostopchin?
(a) He is a bit brutal with a close eye on how people perceive his actions.
(b) He is a man who means well and is generally kind.
(c) He is a very cruel man who has no regard for anyone.
(d) He is a dutiful servant of the Tsar's.
3. What happens with Prince Andrew during the battle at Austerlitz?
(a) He sees Kutuzov has a head wound and takes him to be treated.
(b) He runs yelling "Forward, lads!", picks up the fallen standard, and is shot in the head.
(c) He sees the Tsar and requests him to leave the field of battle.
(d) He rides alongside the retreating army ordering them to turn back.
4. How does Napoleon regard Moscow before he and his troops enter the city?
(a) He is struck by its strange beauty and unique architecture and wants to give its people a good government.
(b) He looks upon it as a unique city but does not care if its barbaric architecture is saved or preserved.
(c) He is amazed at how crude and unlike European cities it is and wants to raze it and make it like a European city.
(d) He regards it with deference but is determined to alter as many of its architectural flaws as possible.
5. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
(b) A cousin of the count's.
(d) A looting officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
2. Where do the wounded soldiers go when everyone is leaving Moscow before the French arrive?
3. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
4. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
5. How does Nicholas handle his family's financial problems?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)