|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
(a) He goes to deliver it , hears the Tsar has been wounded, but later finds him alone in the middle of a field unhurt.
(b) He goes to deliver it, hears the Tsar has been killed, and rides back to find his squadron.
(c) He hears that the Tsar has been killed so he goes to deliver it to Kutuzov.
(d) He delivers it to the Tsar who recognizes him and asks Nicholas what the state of battle is.
2. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
(a) Various disconnected thoughts as he struggles not to fall asleep.
(b) He is in a foul temper as he is cold, hungry, and is missing the comforts of home.
(c) He is excited about the prospect of being in combat and perhaps distinguishing himself for the Tsar.
(d) He is terrified that he may be shot and wishes he had not been given this duty.
3. How does Napoleon regard Moscow before he and his troops enter the city?
(a) He looks upon it as a unique city but does not care if its barbaric architecture is saved or preserved.
(b) He is amazed at how crude and unlike European cities it is and wants to raze it and make it like a European city.
(c) He regards it with deference but is determined to alter as many of its architectural flaws as possible.
(d) He is struck by its strange beauty and unique architecture and wants to give its people a good government.
4. After the battle at Borodino, where does Pierre stay the night?
(a) He sleeps in his carriage.
(b) He goes to one of his nearby estates.
(c) He returns to Moscow that night.
(d) He sleeps in a field.
5. Who is Ilagin?
(a) The Rostovs' steward who works at Otradnoe.
(b) A close family friend of the Rostov's who has a neighboring estate near Otradnoe.
(c) The Rostovs' uncle who lives near Otradnoe.
(d) A distant relative and neighbor of the Rostov's at Otradnoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the wounded soldiers go when everyone is leaving Moscow before the French arrive?
2. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
3. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
4. What news does Pierre hear from Rostopchin and his adjutant when he arrives back in Moscow after Borodino?
5. What makes Nicholas decide to return home on leave?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)