|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
(a) He doesn't want the other hounds to hear him call to his hound.
(b) He does not want the wolf to hear him calling.
(c) All of the above.
(d) He doesn't want the other hunts men to hear.
2. What news does Pierre hear from Rostopchin and his adjutant when he arrives back in Moscow after Borodino?
(a) Andrew is mortally wounded, and Moscow is being deserted.
(b) Anatole is dying and Helene has converted to Catholicism.
(c) Anatole has had his leg amputated and Helene is leaving Russia for Europe.
(d) Anatole and Andrew have been killed and Helene is planning to marry again.
3. How does Nicholas handle his family's financial problems?
(a) He goes to speak to the steward, gets very angry, and kicks him out the door.
(b) He gets upset with his father for mismanaging their estates.
(c) Though he comes home to offer support, he is unable to do anything.
(d) He gets upset with his mother for begging him to come back to help when he knows nothing about such things.
4. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
(a) Napoleon remembers him, so they put him on a stretcher, but steal his icon.
(b) Napoleon sees him, remembers his carrying the Russian standard, and sends him to a hospital.
(c) Napoleon remembers him, admires his courage, and sends him to his own doctor to be tended.
(d) They put him on the stretcher but then determine that he is dead and so leave him in the field.
5. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
(a) He goes to deliver it, hears the Tsar has been killed, and rides back to find his squadron.
(b) He delivers it to the Tsar who recognizes him and asks Nicholas what the state of battle is.
(c) He goes to deliver it , hears the Tsar has been wounded, but later finds him alone in the middle of a field unhurt.
(d) He hears that the Tsar has been killed so he goes to deliver it to Kutuzov.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the wounded soldiers go when everyone is leaving Moscow before the French arrive?
2. How does Napoleon regard Moscow before he and his troops enter the city?
3. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
4. After the battle at Borodino, where does Pierre stay the night?
5. Who is Ilagin?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)