|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
(a) A border between one army and another.
(b) A portion of a fence.
(c) Soldiers set apart from a main army to guard them from surprise attack.
(d) A line of stakes set in the ground behind which artillery is positioned.
2. After the battle at Borodino, where does Pierre stay the night?
(a) He goes to one of his nearby estates.
(b) He returns to Moscow that night.
(c) He sleeps in a field.
(d) He sleeps in his carriage.
3. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
(a) He asks if they have seen any sign of the fog clearing, and they reply that it should clear in the morning.
(b) He asks if they have seen any movement of the French and they ignore him.
(c) He asks if he may go to the front and they deny his request saying that he is needed in reserve.
(d) He asks if he may be attached to the first squadron and they ask if he is Count Ilya Rostov's son.
4. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
(a) A cousin of the count's.
(c) A looting officer.
5. What makes Nicholas decide to return home on leave?
(a) His mother writes him a pleading letter.
(b) The countess begs him to come home to cheer up Natasha.
(c) Sonya writes to him saying she is releasing him from his promise to marry her.
(d) His father writes to him saying that he is afraid Mitenka, their steward, is cheating him but does not know how to prove it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
2. What happens with Prince Andrew during the battle at Austerlitz?
3. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
4. How does Nicholas handle his family's financial problems?
5. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)