|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ilagin?
(a) The Rostovs' uncle who lives near Otradnoe.
(b) A close family friend of the Rostov's who has a neighboring estate near Otradnoe.
(c) The Rostovs' steward who works at Otradnoe.
(d) A distant relative and neighbor of the Rostov's at Otradnoe.
2. How does Nicholas handle his family's financial problems?
(a) He goes to speak to the steward, gets very angry, and kicks him out the door.
(b) Though he comes home to offer support, he is unable to do anything.
(c) He gets upset with his mother for begging him to come back to help when he knows nothing about such things.
(d) He gets upset with his father for mismanaging their estates.
3. What sort of man is Rostopchin?
(a) He is a man who means well and is generally kind.
(b) He is a very cruel man who has no regard for anyone.
(c) He is a bit brutal with a close eye on how people perceive his actions.
(d) He is a dutiful servant of the Tsar's.
4. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
(a) He is terrified that he may be shot and wishes he had not been given this duty.
(b) He is in a foul temper as he is cold, hungry, and is missing the comforts of home.
(c) He is excited about the prospect of being in combat and perhaps distinguishing himself for the Tsar.
(d) Various disconnected thoughts as he struggles not to fall asleep.
5. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
(a) At Ilagin's insistence, she reluctantly sings while he plays guitar.
(b) She is unhappy with the rustic nature of Ilagin's house and wants to go home.
(c) She is weary from hunting and falls asleep.
(d) She loves his playing the guitar and dances for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Nicholas decide to return home on leave?
2. After the battle at Borodino, where does Pierre stay the night?
3. What news does Pierre hear from Rostopchin and his adjutant when he arrives back in Moscow after Borodino?
4. How does Napoleon regard Moscow before he and his troops enter the city?
5. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)