|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Nicholas decide to return home on leave?
(a) His father writes to him saying that he is afraid Mitenka, their steward, is cheating him but does not know how to prove it.
(b) The countess begs him to come home to cheer up Natasha.
(c) Sonya writes to him saying she is releasing him from his promise to marry her.
(d) His mother writes him a pleading letter.
2. What happens with Prince Andrew during the battle at Austerlitz?
(a) He rides alongside the retreating army ordering them to turn back.
(b) He sees Kutuzov has a head wound and takes him to be treated.
(c) He runs yelling "Forward, lads!", picks up the fallen standard, and is shot in the head.
(d) He sees the Tsar and requests him to leave the field of battle.
3. How does Nicholas handle his family's financial problems?
(a) Though he comes home to offer support, he is unable to do anything.
(b) He gets upset with his mother for begging him to come back to help when he knows nothing about such things.
(c) He goes to speak to the steward, gets very angry, and kicks him out the door.
(d) He gets upset with his father for mismanaging their estates.
4. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
(a) No one - he goes on it alone.
(b) Sonya, Natasha, and Petya.
(d) Natasha and Petya.
5. Who is Ilagin?
(a) A close family friend of the Rostov's who has a neighboring estate near Otradnoe.
(b) The Rostovs' uncle who lives near Otradnoe.
(c) The Rostovs' steward who works at Otradnoe.
(d) A distant relative and neighbor of the Rostov's at Otradnoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
2. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
3. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
4. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
5. After the battle at Borodino, where does Pierre stay the night?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)