|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas handle his family's financial problems?
(a) He gets upset with his mother for begging him to come back to help when he knows nothing about such things.
(b) Though he comes home to offer support, he is unable to do anything.
(c) He gets upset with his father for mismanaging their estates.
(d) He goes to speak to the steward, gets very angry, and kicks him out the door.
2. What happens with Prince Andrew during the battle at Austerlitz?
(a) He runs yelling "Forward, lads!", picks up the fallen standard, and is shot in the head.
(b) He sees the Tsar and requests him to leave the field of battle.
(c) He sees Kutuzov has a head wound and takes him to be treated.
(d) He rides alongside the retreating army ordering them to turn back.
3. What news does Pierre hear from Rostopchin and his adjutant when he arrives back in Moscow after Borodino?
(a) Anatole is dying and Helene has converted to Catholicism.
(b) Anatole and Andrew have been killed and Helene is planning to marry again.
(c) Andrew is mortally wounded, and Moscow is being deserted.
(d) Anatole has had his leg amputated and Helene is leaving Russia for Europe.
4. How does Napoleon regard Moscow before he and his troops enter the city?
(a) He is amazed at how crude and unlike European cities it is and wants to raze it and make it like a European city.
(b) He looks upon it as a unique city but does not care if its barbaric architecture is saved or preserved.
(c) He regards it with deference but is determined to alter as many of its architectural flaws as possible.
(d) He is struck by its strange beauty and unique architecture and wants to give its people a good government.
5. What sort of man is Rostopchin?
(a) He is a man who means well and is generally kind.
(b) He is a dutiful servant of the Tsar's.
(c) He is a bit brutal with a close eye on how people perceive his actions.
(d) He is a very cruel man who has no regard for anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
2. Who is Ilagin?
3. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
4. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
5. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)