|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the wounded soldiers go when everyone is leaving Moscow before the French arrive?
(a) Most go out of the city but a few go into the Rostovs' yard.
(b) They go to a hospital.
(c) They are all leaving Moscow as quickly as they can.
(d) They ask to rest in the yards of the people leaving Moscow.
2. After the battle at Borodino, where does Pierre stay the night?
(a) He goes to one of his nearby estates.
(b) He sleeps in his carriage.
(c) He sleeps in a field.
(d) He returns to Moscow that night.
3. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
(a) She is unhappy with the rustic nature of Ilagin's house and wants to go home.
(b) She is weary from hunting and falls asleep.
(c) At Ilagin's insistence, she reluctantly sings while he plays guitar.
(d) She loves his playing the guitar and dances for them.
4. What sort of man is Rostopchin?
(a) He is a very cruel man who has no regard for anyone.
(b) He is a man who means well and is generally kind.
(c) He is a bit brutal with a close eye on how people perceive his actions.
(d) He is a dutiful servant of the Tsar's.
5. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
(c) A looting officer.
(d) A cousin of the count's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
2. How does Napoleon regard Moscow before he and his troops enter the city?
3. Who is Ilagin?
4. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
5. What news does Pierre hear from Rostopchin and his adjutant when he arrives back in Moscow after Borodino?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)