|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
(a) He does not want the wolf to hear him calling.
(b) He doesn't want the other hunts men to hear.
(c) He doesn't want the other hounds to hear him call to his hound.
(d) All of the above.
2. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
(a) He is excited about the prospect of being in combat and perhaps distinguishing himself for the Tsar.
(b) He is in a foul temper as he is cold, hungry, and is missing the comforts of home.
(c) He is terrified that he may be shot and wishes he had not been given this duty.
(d) Various disconnected thoughts as he struggles not to fall asleep.
3. After the battle at Borodino, where does Pierre stay the night?
(a) He sleeps in his carriage.
(b) He returns to Moscow that night.
(c) He sleeps in a field.
(d) He goes to one of his nearby estates.
4. How does Nicholas handle his family's financial problems?
(a) He gets upset with his mother for begging him to come back to help when he knows nothing about such things.
(b) Though he comes home to offer support, he is unable to do anything.
(c) He goes to speak to the steward, gets very angry, and kicks him out the door.
(d) He gets upset with his father for mismanaging their estates.
5. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
(a) She loves his playing the guitar and dances for them.
(b) She is unhappy with the rustic nature of Ilagin's house and wants to go home.
(c) At Ilagin's insistence, she reluctantly sings while he plays guitar.
(d) She is weary from hunting and falls asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
2. What happens with Prince Andrew during the battle at Austerlitz?
3. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
4. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
5. Where do the wounded soldiers go when everyone is leaving Moscow before the French arrive?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)