|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of man is Rostopchin?
(a) He is a very cruel man who has no regard for anyone.
(b) He is a bit brutal with a close eye on how people perceive his actions.
(c) He is a man who means well and is generally kind.
(d) He is a dutiful servant of the Tsar's.
2. What news does Pierre hear from Rostopchin and his adjutant when he arrives back in Moscow after Borodino?
(a) Anatole has had his leg amputated and Helene is leaving Russia for Europe.
(b) Anatole and Andrew have been killed and Helene is planning to marry again.
(c) Anatole is dying and Helene has converted to Catholicism.
(d) Andrew is mortally wounded, and Moscow is being deserted.
3. After the battle at Borodino, where does Pierre stay the night?
(a) He returns to Moscow that night.
(b) He goes to one of his nearby estates.
(c) He sleeps in his carriage.
(d) He sleeps in a field.
4. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
(a) He does not want the wolf to hear him calling.
(b) He doesn't want the other hounds to hear him call to his hound.
(c) He doesn't want the other hunts men to hear.
(d) All of the above.
5. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
(a) A portion of a fence.
(b) A border between one army and another.
(c) Soldiers set apart from a main army to guard them from surprise attack.
(d) A line of stakes set in the ground behind which artillery is positioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas handle his family's financial problems?
2. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
3. What happens with Prince Andrew during the battle at Austerlitz?
4. What makes Nicholas decide to return home on leave?
5. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)