|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
(a) Napoleon remembers him, admires his courage, and sends him to his own doctor to be tended.
(b) Napoleon remembers him, so they put him on a stretcher, but steal his icon.
(c) Napoleon sees him, remembers his carrying the Russian standard, and sends him to a hospital.
(d) They put him on the stretcher but then determine that he is dead and so leave him in the field.
2. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
(a) A cousin of the count's.
(d) A looting officer.
3. What makes Nicholas decide to return home on leave?
(a) His father writes to him saying that he is afraid Mitenka, their steward, is cheating him but does not know how to prove it.
(b) The countess begs him to come home to cheer up Natasha.
(c) His mother writes him a pleading letter.
(d) Sonya writes to him saying she is releasing him from his promise to marry her.
4. How does Nicholas handle his family's financial problems?
(a) He gets upset with his mother for begging him to come back to help when he knows nothing about such things.
(b) Though he comes home to offer support, he is unable to do anything.
(c) He gets upset with his father for mismanaging their estates.
(d) He goes to speak to the steward, gets very angry, and kicks him out the door.
5. Who is Ilagin?
(a) The Rostovs' uncle who lives near Otradnoe.
(b) A distant relative and neighbor of the Rostov's at Otradnoe.
(c) The Rostovs' steward who works at Otradnoe.
(d) A close family friend of the Rostov's who has a neighboring estate near Otradnoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
2. Where do the wounded soldiers go when everyone is leaving Moscow before the French arrive?
3. How does Napoleon regard Moscow before he and his troops enter the city?
4. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
5. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)