|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
(a) No one - he goes on it alone.
(c) Sonya, Natasha, and Petya.
(d) Natasha and Petya.
2. Where do the wounded soldiers go when everyone is leaving Moscow before the French arrive?
(a) They ask to rest in the yards of the people leaving Moscow.
(b) They are all leaving Moscow as quickly as they can.
(c) Most go out of the city but a few go into the Rostovs' yard.
(d) They go to a hospital.
3. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
(a) He asks if they have seen any movement of the French and they ignore him.
(b) He asks if he may be attached to the first squadron and they ask if he is Count Ilya Rostov's son.
(c) He asks if he may go to the front and they deny his request saying that he is needed in reserve.
(d) He asks if they have seen any sign of the fog clearing, and they reply that it should clear in the morning.
4. How does Nicholas handle his family's financial problems?
(a) He gets upset with his mother for begging him to come back to help when he knows nothing about such things.
(b) Though he comes home to offer support, he is unable to do anything.
(c) He gets upset with his father for mismanaging their estates.
(d) He goes to speak to the steward, gets very angry, and kicks him out the door.
5. How does Napoleon regard Moscow before he and his troops enter the city?
(a) He is struck by its strange beauty and unique architecture and wants to give its people a good government.
(b) He regards it with deference but is determined to alter as many of its architectural flaws as possible.
(c) He is amazed at how crude and unlike European cities it is and wants to raze it and make it like a European city.
(d) He looks upon it as a unique city but does not care if its barbaric architecture is saved or preserved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Pierre hear from Rostopchin and his adjutant when he arrives back in Moscow after Borodino?
2. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
3. What sort of man is Rostopchin?
4. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
5. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)