|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the wounded soldiers go when everyone is leaving Moscow before the French arrive?
(a) They go to a hospital.
(b) They are all leaving Moscow as quickly as they can.
(c) Most go out of the city but a few go into the Rostovs' yard.
(d) They ask to rest in the yards of the people leaving Moscow.
2. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
(a) He asks if he may go to the front and they deny his request saying that he is needed in reserve.
(b) He asks if he may be attached to the first squadron and they ask if he is Count Ilya Rostov's son.
(c) He asks if they have seen any sign of the fog clearing, and they reply that it should clear in the morning.
(d) He asks if they have seen any movement of the French and they ignore him.
3. After the battle at Borodino, where does Pierre stay the night?
(a) He sleeps in a field.
(b) He returns to Moscow that night.
(c) He goes to one of his nearby estates.
(d) He sleeps in his carriage.
4. What happens with Prince Andrew during the battle at Austerlitz?
(a) He sees Kutuzov has a head wound and takes him to be treated.
(b) He runs yelling "Forward, lads!", picks up the fallen standard, and is shot in the head.
(c) He rides alongside the retreating army ordering them to turn back.
(d) He sees the Tsar and requests him to leave the field of battle.
5. What news does Pierre hear from Rostopchin and his adjutant when he arrives back in Moscow after Borodino?
(a) Anatole has had his leg amputated and Helene is leaving Russia for Europe.
(b) Anatole and Andrew have been killed and Helene is planning to marry again.
(c) Andrew is mortally wounded, and Moscow is being deserted.
(d) Anatole is dying and Helene has converted to Catholicism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of man is Rostopchin?
2. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
3. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
4. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
5. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)