|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
(a) A border between one army and another.
(b) Soldiers set apart from a main army to guard them from surprise attack.
(c) A line of stakes set in the ground behind which artillery is positioned.
(d) A portion of a fence.
2. How does Nicholas handle his family's financial problems?
(a) He gets upset with his mother for begging him to come back to help when he knows nothing about such things.
(b) He goes to speak to the steward, gets very angry, and kicks him out the door.
(c) He gets upset with his father for mismanaging their estates.
(d) Though he comes home to offer support, he is unable to do anything.
3. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
(a) He asks if they have seen any sign of the fog clearing, and they reply that it should clear in the morning.
(b) He asks if they have seen any movement of the French and they ignore him.
(c) He asks if he may go to the front and they deny his request saying that he is needed in reserve.
(d) He asks if he may be attached to the first squadron and they ask if he is Count Ilya Rostov's son.
4. Where do the wounded soldiers go when everyone is leaving Moscow before the French arrive?
(a) They go to a hospital.
(b) They ask to rest in the yards of the people leaving Moscow.
(c) Most go out of the city but a few go into the Rostovs' yard.
(d) They are all leaving Moscow as quickly as they can.
5. What sort of man is Rostopchin?
(a) He is a dutiful servant of the Tsar's.
(b) He is a bit brutal with a close eye on how people perceive his actions.
(c) He is a man who means well and is generally kind.
(d) He is a very cruel man who has no regard for anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
2. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
3. What makes Nicholas decide to return home on leave?
4. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
5. Who is Ilagin?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)