|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
(a) Various disconnected thoughts as he struggles not to fall asleep.
(b) He is in a foul temper as he is cold, hungry, and is missing the comforts of home.
(c) He is terrified that he may be shot and wishes he had not been given this duty.
(d) He is excited about the prospect of being in combat and perhaps distinguishing himself for the Tsar.
2. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
(a) She is weary from hunting and falls asleep.
(b) She is unhappy with the rustic nature of Ilagin's house and wants to go home.
(c) At Ilagin's insistence, she reluctantly sings while he plays guitar.
(d) She loves his playing the guitar and dances for them.
3. What sort of man is Rostopchin?
(a) He is a bit brutal with a close eye on how people perceive his actions.
(b) He is a dutiful servant of the Tsar's.
(c) He is a very cruel man who has no regard for anyone.
(d) He is a man who means well and is generally kind.
4. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
(a) He delivers it to the Tsar who recognizes him and asks Nicholas what the state of battle is.
(b) He goes to deliver it , hears the Tsar has been wounded, but later finds him alone in the middle of a field unhurt.
(c) He hears that the Tsar has been killed so he goes to deliver it to Kutuzov.
(d) He goes to deliver it, hears the Tsar has been killed, and rides back to find his squadron.
5. Where do the wounded soldiers go when everyone is leaving Moscow before the French arrive?
(a) They ask to rest in the yards of the people leaving Moscow.
(b) They go to a hospital.
(c) They are all leaving Moscow as quickly as they can.
(d) Most go out of the city but a few go into the Rostovs' yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
2. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
3. What happens with Prince Andrew during the battle at Austerlitz?
4. Who is Ilagin?
5. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)