|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 8-15 | Part 11, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
(a) A looting officer.
(d) A cousin of the count's.
2. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
(a) He is in a foul temper as he is cold, hungry, and is missing the comforts of home.
(b) He is excited about the prospect of being in combat and perhaps distinguishing himself for the Tsar.
(c) Various disconnected thoughts as he struggles not to fall asleep.
(d) He is terrified that he may be shot and wishes he had not been given this duty.
3. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
(a) Sonya, Natasha, and Petya.
(c) No one - he goes on it alone.
(d) Natasha and Petya.
4. What news does Pierre hear from Rostopchin and his adjutant when he arrives back in Moscow after Borodino?
(a) Anatole is dying and Helene has converted to Catholicism.
(b) Anatole has had his leg amputated and Helene is leaving Russia for Europe.
(c) Anatole and Andrew have been killed and Helene is planning to marry again.
(d) Andrew is mortally wounded, and Moscow is being deserted.
5. After the battle at Borodino, where does Pierre stay the night?
(a) He returns to Moscow that night.
(b) He sleeps in his carriage.
(c) He goes to one of his nearby estates.
(d) He sleeps in a field.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the wounded soldiers go when everyone is leaving Moscow before the French arrive?
2. How does Napoleon regard Moscow before he and his troops enter the city?
3. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
4. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
5. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)