1. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her great aunt.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
2. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
(a) Prince Andrew.
(b) Anna's relative.
(c) Prince Vasili.
3. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
(a) She is happy and excited.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She is annoyed.
4. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
(a) Study etiquette and the social graces.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Marry a wealthy woman.
(d) Never marry.
5. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
(a) He is jealous of Pierre's friends and their fun.
(b) It is after one o'clock in the morning.
(c) Andrew knows they will drink too much and associate with badly behaved women.
(d) He likes to control the docile Pierre.
This section contains 10,451 words
(approx. 35 pages at 300 words per page)