1. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her great aunt.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her aunt.
2. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
(a) Prince Vasili.
(b) Prince Andrew.
(d) Anna's relative.
3. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
(a) She is afraid.
(b) She is happy and excited.
(c) She is annoyed.
(d) She is indifferent.
4. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
(a) Study etiquette and the social graces.
(b) Never marry.
(c) Marry a wealthy woman.
(d) Join the army.
5. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
(a) He likes to control the docile Pierre.
(b) Andrew knows they will drink too much and associate with badly behaved women.
(c) He is jealous of Pierre's friends and their fun.
(d) It is after one o'clock in the morning.
This section contains 10,451 words
(approx. 35 pages at 300 words per page)