Part 1, Chapters 1-4 | Part 1, Chapters 5-8 | Part 1, Chapters 9-12
1. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her great aunt.
2. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
(a) Prince Andrew.
(b) Anna's relative.
(c) Prince Vasili.
3. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is happy and excited.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She is annoyed.
4. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
(a) Never marry.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Marry a wealthy woman.
(d) Study etiquette and the social graces.
5. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
(a) Andrew knows they will drink too much and associate with badly behaved women.
(b) He likes to control the docile Pierre.
(c) It is after one o'clock in the morning.
(d) He is jealous of Pierre's friends and their fun.
This section contains 10,451 words
(approx. 35 pages at 300 words per page)