|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the narrator's brother able to help the two women subdue their attackers?
2. How long does the narrator stay in the house after he is found wandering the streets?
3. What does the narrator begin to believe right after he leaves the ruined house?
4. Where does the narrator hear a Martian crying out?
5. What does the soldier want to do in order to ensure his survival?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's use of mythological and Biblical allusions in this novel, and explain what purpose they serve.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze how the author discusses discrimination in War of the Worlds.
Essay Topic 3
What purposes does the narrator's brother serve as a character?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)