|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The soldier believes that the Martians have built a machine that can do what?
2. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
3. Who is in front of the narrator's house when he returns to it?
4. Why does the narrator walk towards it when he hears the Martian cry?
5. How is the soldier described who travels with the narrator?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the author's use of foreshadowing in War of the Worlds, and what role this technique plays in the narrative.
Essay Topic 2
Why do the Martians choose Earth as a target for their invasion?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of using the flashback technique in general, and specifically in this novel.
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)