|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the curate and the narrator stay in the first house?
2. What is the name of the song that the narrator invents?
3. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
4. What does the narrator find out about his house when he returns to it?
5. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
Essay Topic 1
Why do the Martians choose Earth as a target for their invasion?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how War of the Worlds fits the traditional plot structure of a novel.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's use of mythological and Biblical allusions in this novel, and explain what purpose they serve.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)