|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the curate's body before the Martians take it?
2. On what kind of transportation does the narrator's brother begin his escape?
3. How long do the curate and the narrator stay in the first house?
4. How many Martians initially attack nearby the night after the narrator's brother is introduced?
5. What do the Martians bring with them in the cylinders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do the humans think they are immune from a Martian attack? Be specific, and give at least five reasons.
Essay Topic 2
What purposes does the narrator's brother serve as a character?
Essay Topic 3
How does this novel show that crisis reveals a person's true character?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)