|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
2. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
3. What does the narrator's brother here about London as he travels with the two women?
4. What does the narrator see the Martians do from the ruined house?
5. How much time does the narrator spend in the ruined house in total?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do the humans think they are immune from a Martian attack? Be specific, and give at least five reasons.
Essay Topic 2
Why do the Martians choose Earth as a target for their invasion?
Essay Topic 3
What purposes does the narrator's brother serve as a character?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)