|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator get to Woking near the end of the conflict?
2. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
3. What does the narrator begin to believe right after he leaves the ruined house?
4. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
5. What does the narrator start calling the tripods when he travels with the curate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research all of the scientific claims the narrator makes in War of the Worlds. Analyze whether or not each of these claims could be accurate.
Essay Topic 2
How does this novel show that crisis reveals a person's true character?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is War of the Worlds a social commentary?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)