|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author risk his safety on his tenth day in the ruined house?
2. Who ultimately kills the men who are attacking the two women?
3. What does the narrator find to eat after he decides to leave the ruined house?
4. What are the men trying to do when they attack the two women in the cart?
5. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does this novel show that crisis reveals a person's true character?
Essay Topic 2
Research all of the scientific claims the narrator makes in War of the Worlds. Analyze whether or not each of these claims could be accurate.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze how the author discusses discrimination in War of the Worlds.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)