|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator walk towards it when he hears the Martian cry?
2. Where does the narrator sleep when he gets to Putney Hill?
3. Where does the narrator's brother live?
4. Where is the curate's body before the Martians take it?
5. Where is the first house in which the curate and narrator take refuge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think the ending of War of Worlds iseffective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think the author chooses not to give the narrator a name? What effect does this have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze how the author discusses discrimination in War of the Worlds.
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)