|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator see outside on the first morning in the ruined house?
2. What is the name of the song that the narrator invents?
3. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
4. What does the Martian cry sound like?
5. How many Martians initially attack nearby the night after the narrator's brother is introduced?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What purposes does the narrator's brother serve as a character?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how War of the Worlds fits the traditional plot structure of a novel.
Essay Topic 3
Research all of the scientific claims the narrator makes in War of the Worlds. Analyze whether or not each of these claims could be accurate.
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)