|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the curate eat when he and the narrator are trapped in the ruined house?
2. Why does the narrator walk towards it when he hears the Martian cry?
3. Where does the narrator sleep when he gets to Putney Hill?
4. How does the narrator see outside on the first morning in the ruined house?
5. Where are the Martian's ears located?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does this novel show that crisis reveals a person's true character?
Essay Topic 2
What advantages do the Martians have over the humans, and vice versa?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character of the artilleryman and what you think he is meant to represent.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)