|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
2. How much time does the narrator spend in the ruined house in total?
3. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
4. From the ruined house, the narrator sees that the Martian "tripods" actually have how many legs?
5. Where do the government officials go when the Martians attack London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of using the flashback technique in general, and specifically in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is War of the Worlds a social commentary?
Essay Topic 3
How does this novel show that crisis reveals a person's true character?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)