|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he watches from the ruined house, the narrator sees a Martian pick up a person from where?
2. What does the narrator find to eat after he decides to leave the ruined house?
3. About how many dead Martians does the narrator see after he hears the Martian cry?
4. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
5. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze how H.G. Wells uses symbolism in War of the Worlds.
Essay Topic 2
What advantages do the Martians have over the humans, and vice versa?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think the author chooses not to give the narrator a name? What effect does this have on the story?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)