|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
2. How does the narrator get to Woking near the end of the conflict?
3. What happens to the house near Kew when the narrator and curate take refuge there?
4. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
5. What does the Martian cry sound like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What advantages do the Martians have over the humans, and vice versa?
Essay Topic 2
Why do the humans think they are immune from a Martian attack? Be specific, and give at least five reasons.
Essay Topic 3
How does this novel show that crisis reveals a person's true character?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)