|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the ruined house, the narrator sees that the Martian "tripods" actually have how many legs?
2. How much does the curate eat when he and the narrator are trapped in the ruined house?
3. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
4. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
5. How does the narrator feel when he first leaves the ruined house?
Essay Topic 1
Why do the Martians choose Earth as a target for their invasion?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the author's use of foreshadowing in War of the Worlds, and what role this technique plays in the narrative.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character of the artilleryman and what you think he is meant to represent.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)