|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the curate and the narrator stay in the first house?
2. What is the name of the song that the narrator invents?
3. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
4. What does the narrator find out about his house when he returns to it?
5. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze how H.G. Wells uses symbolism in War of the Worlds.
Essay Topic 2
Research all of the scientific claims the narrator makes in War of the Worlds. Analyze whether or not each of these claims could be accurate.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the author's use of foreshadowing in War of the Worlds, and what role this technique plays in the narrative.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)