|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Martian's ears located?
2. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
3. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
4. What does the narrator find to eat after he decides to leave the ruined house?
5. What do the Martians bring with them in the cylinders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When was this novel written? Examine what major events occurred in England around this time, and how they may have influenced this book.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is War of the Worlds a social commentary?
Essay Topic 3
Based on the character of the curate, what do you think H.G. Wells is trying to say about religion in this novel?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)