|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator walk towards it when he hears the Martian cry?
2. Where do the government officials go when the Martians attack London?
3. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
4. What does the narrator start calling the tripods when he travels with the curate?
5. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how War of the Worlds fits the traditional plot structure of a novel.
Essay Topic 2
Why do the humans think they are immune from a Martian attack? Be specific, and give at least five reasons.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think the author chooses not to give the narrator a name? What effect does this have on the story?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)