|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
2. What does the narrator see the Martians do from the ruined house?
3. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
4. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
5. What are the men trying to do when they attack the two women in the cart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What purposes does the narrator's brother serve as a character?
Essay Topic 2
Why do the Martians choose Earth as a target for their invasion?
Essay Topic 3
Based on the character of the curate, what do you think H.G. Wells is trying to say about religion in this novel?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)