|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time does the narrator spend in the ruined house in total?
2. Who takes the narrator in after he walks toward the Martian?
3. What is the Thunder Child?
4. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
5. The soldier believes that the Martians have built a machine that can do what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze how the author discusses discrimination in War of the Worlds.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how War of the Worlds fits the traditional plot structure of a novel.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's use of mythological and Biblical allusions in this novel, and explain what purpose they serve.
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)