|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the curate eat when he and the narrator are trapped in the ruined house?
2. Why does the curate go with the narrator after they leave the first house?
3. Where is the curate's body before the Martians take it?
4. What is the name of the song that the narrator invents?
5. What is the Thunder Child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1When was this novel written? Examine what major events occurred in England around this time, and how they may have influenced this book.
Essay Topic 2Explain how War of the Worlds fits the traditional plot structure of a novel.
Essay Topic 3In what ways is War of the Worlds a social commentary?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)