|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator find food after he meets with the soldier for the second time?
2. The soldier believes that the Martians have built a machine that can do what?
3. How much does the curate eat when he and the narrator are trapped in the ruined house?
4. What animal does the narrator hear on his fifteenth day in the ruined house?
5. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What purposes does the narrator's brother serve as a character?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is War of the Worlds a social commentary?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Martians in detail, and explain why they are so different from humans.
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)