|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Martians bring with them in the cylinders?
(b) Materials to build dwellings.
(c) Small animals.
2. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
(a) Planning his escape.
(b) Looking for food.
3. Where do the government officials go when the Martians attack London?
4. Where do the narrator and curate sleep in the ruined house?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In a scullery.
5. What kills the Martians?
(c) A bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first house in which the curate and narrator take refuge?
2. What does the narrator's brother decide to do when he hears that food may be available if he waits?
3. How is the narrator's brother able to help the two women subdue their attackers?
4. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
5. Why is the narrator's brother forced to abandon his first mode of transportation?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)