|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
(a) A squirrel's den.
(b) A shed.
(c) A garden.
(d) Another house.
2. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
(a) An axe.
(b) A cart wheel.
(c) A chair.
(d) A meat chopper.
3. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
(a) The curate is annoying.
(b) The curate is yelling at the Martians.
(c) The curate threatens him.
(d) The curate drinks the last of their supply.
4. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
(a) He thinks that the narrator must be hiding.
(b) He thinks that the narrator escaped.
(c) He thinks that the narrator is coming for him.
(d) He thinks that the narrator is dead.
5. What animal does the narrator hear on his fifteenth day in the ruined house?
(a) A bird.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the narrator stay in the house after he is found wandering the streets?
2. What is the name of the song that the narrator invents?
3. What happens to the house near Kew when the narrator and curate take refuge there?
4. Where is the curate's body before the Martians take it?
5. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)