|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Committee of Public Safety do when they meet the narrator's brother?
(a) Give him money.
(b) Give him food.
(c) Fight him.
(d) Steal his horse.
2. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
(a) In a closet.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the basement.
(d) Behind some shelves.
3. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
(a) Looking for food.
(c) Planning his escape.
4. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
(a) 8:00 PM.
(c) 11:00 AM.
(d) 3:00 PM.
5. Who is in front of the narrator's house when he returns to it?
(a) His wife.
(c) His brother.
(d) The soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the ruined house, the narrator sees that the Martian "tripods" actually have how many legs?
2. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
3. What does the narrator's brother decide to do when he hears that food may be available if he waits?
4. Who ultimately kills the men who are attacking the two women?
5. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)