|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see the Martians do from the ruined house?
(a) Force humans to fight with them.
(b) Build another weapon.
(c) Fight with each other.
(d) Kill a little boy.
2. What are the men trying to do when they attack the two women in the cart?
(a) Take their valuables.
(b) Kill the women.
(c) Take the cart.
(d) Kidnap the women.
3. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
(a) It knocks down enemy vehicles.
(b) It shoots fire.
(c) It works as a mounted gun on the tripods.
(d) It emits toxic smoke.
4. Where does the narrator find food after he meets with the soldier for the second time?
(a) The soldier has it.
(b) A cart.
(c) A house.
(d) A pub.
5. What do the Martians eat?
(a) Small animals.
(b) Rocks and other minerals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator's brother live?
2. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
3. Who ultimately kills the men who are attacking the two women?
4. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
5. What does the narrator plan to do with the animal he hears outside of the house?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)