|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
(a) The Martians are coming.
(b) There is nothing to worry about.
(c) They are trapped.
(d) People are evacuating.
2. What does the narrator's brother here about London as he travels with the two women?
(a) The Martians have taken it over.
(b) The military has killed the Martians there.
(c) The military is on the way there.
(d) The Martians have burned it to the ground.
3. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
(a) Very little.
(b) All day.
(c) All night.
(d) He and the narrator sleep in shifts throughout the day.
4. How long does the narrator stay in the house after he is found wandering the streets?
(a) Four days.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) Three weeks.
5. Where does the narrator sleep when he gets to Putney Hill?
(a) A wagon.
(b) An inn.
(c) An abadoned house.
(d) A tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
2. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
3. What do the Martians bring with them in the cylinders?
4. How much does the curate eat when he and the narrator are trapped in the ruined house?
5. What does the narrator plan to do with the animal he hears outside of the house?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)