|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator find to eat after he decides to leave the ruined house?
(b) A rodent.
2. Where does the narrator find food in the ruined house after the curate dies?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) The basement.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The scullery.
3. Why is the narrator's brother forced to abandon his first mode of transportation?
(a) He borrowed it and has to give it back.
(b) It breaks.
(c) Someone demands that he give it to them.
(d) He loses it.
4. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
(a) The Martians are coming.
(b) They are trapped.
(c) There is nothing to worry about.
(d) People are evacuating.
5. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
(a) A shed.
(b) A garden.
(c) A squirrel's den.
(d) Another house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator's brother live?
2. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
3. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
4. Where does the narrator find the soldier who he is traveling with earlier in the story?
5. Why does the narrator walk towards it when he hears the Martian cry?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)