|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator find food in the ruined house after the curate dies?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) The backyard.
(c) The basement.
(d) The scullery.
2. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
(a) It works as a mounted gun on the tripods.
(b) It knocks down enemy vehicles.
(c) It shoots fire.
(d) It emits toxic smoke.
3. What are the men trying to do when they attack the two women in the cart?
(a) Kidnap the women.
(b) Take the cart.
(c) Take their valuables.
(d) Kill the women.
4. How does the narrator see outside on the first morning in the ruined house?
(a) There is an opening in the wall.
(b) He can't.
(c) There is a small window.
(d) He opens the door.
5. What do the Martians bring with them in the cylinders?
(a) Small animals.
(d) Materials to build dwellings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ultimately kills the men who are attacking the two women?
2. Where does the narrator hear a Martian crying out?
3. What kills the Martians?
4. How is the soldier described who travels with the narrator?
5. What does the narrator begin to believe right after he leaves the ruined house?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)