|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the narrator in after he walks toward the Martian?
(a) A convent.
(b) A family.
(c) A shopkeeper.
(d) A soldier.
2. How does the narrator get into a yard near the ruined house?
(a) He goes around a wall.
(b) He knocks down a wall.
(c) He climbs the fence.
(d) He breaks into the house in front of it.
3. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
(a) A squirrel's den.
(b) A garden.
(c) A shed.
(d) Another house.
4. Why does the narrator walk towards it when he hears the Martian cry?
(a) He wants to kill himself.
(b) He wants to see if it is still alive.
(c) He wants to see it up close.
(d) He wants to kill it.
5. How does the narrator feel when he first leaves the ruined house?
(a) Hopeful that he will find his wife.
(b) Upset about what happened with the curate.
(c) Like he is under Martian control.
(d) Lonely and hopeless.
Short Answer Questions
1. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
2. How does the author risk his safety on his tenth day in the ruined house?
3. How long does the narrator stay in the house after he is found wandering the streets?
4. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
5. Why is the narrator's brother forced to abandon his first mode of transportation?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)