|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
(a) It knocks down enemy vehicles.
(b) It works as a mounted gun on the tripods.
(c) It shoots fire.
(d) It emits toxic smoke.
2. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
(a) A piece of glass.
(b) A chair leg.
(c) A lump of coal.
(d) A doorknob.
3. Where does the narrator's brother live?
4. What does the narrator find out about his house when he returns to it?
(a) Someone was staying there.
(b) No one has been in it since he left.
(c) It has been destroyed.
(d) It has been robbed.
5. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
(a) The curate is annoying.
(b) The curate drinks the last of their supply.
(c) The curate threatens him.
(d) The curate is yelling at the Martians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the house near Kew when the narrator and curate take refuge there?
2. What does the soldier want to do in order to ensure his survival?
3. What does the narrator find to eat after he decides to leave the ruined house?
4. What is the name of the song that the narrator invents?
5. What does the narrator plan to do with the animal he hears outside of the house?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)