|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the house near Kew when the narrator and curate take refuge there?
(a) A cylinder falls next to it and destroys part of it.
(b) A Martian tripod destroys part of it.
(c) The curate knocks out some of the windows.
(d) It is so old that boards start to fall off of the walls.
2. How much does the curate eat when he and the narrator are trapped in the ruined house?
(a) Only a little food.
(b) More than his share.
(c) About half of the food.
3. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
(a) It works as a mounted gun on the tripods.
(b) It shoots fire.
(c) It knocks down enemy vehicles.
(d) It emits toxic smoke.
4. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
(a) He thinks that the narrator escaped.
(b) He thinks that the narrator is coming for him.
(c) He thinks that the narrator is dead.
(d) He thinks that the narrator must be hiding.
5. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
(a) The Martians are coming.
(b) There is nothing to worry about.
(c) People are evacuating.
(d) They are trapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator see outside on the first morning in the ruined house?
2. How long does the narrator stay in the house after he is found wandering the streets?
3. What does the narrator begin to believe right after he leaves the ruined house?
4. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
5. Who takes the narrator in after he walks toward the Martian?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)