|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
(a) 3:00 PM.
(b) 11:00 AM.
(c) 8:00 PM.
2. The soldier believes that the Martians have built a machine that can do what?
(a) Jump long distances.
(b) Capture humans.
(d) Plant food.
3. What does the narrator's brother here about London as he travels with the two women?
(a) The military has killed the Martians there.
(b) The Martians have burned it to the ground.
(c) The military is on the way there.
(d) The Martians have taken it over.
4. About how many dead Martians does the narrator see after he hears the Martian cry?
(a) One hundred.
(b) One thousand.
5. What is the soldier holding when the narrator finds him the second time?
(b) A machete.
(c) A spear.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the soldier described who travels with the narrator?
2. What does the soldier want to do in order to ensure his survival?
3. How is the narrator's brother able to help the two women subdue their attackers?
4. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
5. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)