|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first house in which the curate and narrator take refuge?
2. What does the narrator see the Martians do from the ruined house?
(a) Kill a little boy.
(b) Build another weapon.
(c) Fight with each other.
(d) Force humans to fight with them.
3. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
(a) A squirrel's den.
(b) Another house.
(c) A shed.
(d) A garden.
4. Why does the curate go with the narrator after they leave the first house?
(a) He thinks that the narrator is a good leader.
(b) He does not want to be alone.
(c) He does not want the narrator to be left alone.
(d) The narrator may be able to help him get home.
5. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
(a) He thinks that the narrator escaped.
(b) He thinks that the narrator must be hiding.
(c) He thinks that the narrator is coming for him.
(d) He thinks that the narrator is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the narrator stay in the house after he is found wandering the streets?
2. Where does the narrator find food after he meets with the soldier for the second time?
3. From the ruined house, the narrator sees that the Martian "tripods" actually have how many legs?
4. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
5. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)