|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does the narrator hear on his fifteenth day in the ruined house?
(a) A bird.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
2. About how many dead Martians does the narrator see after he hears the Martian cry?
(c) One hundred.
(d) One thousand.
3. How does the narrator get to Woking near the end of the conflict?
(a) A train.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A horse.
(d) He walks.
4. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
(a) A shed.
(b) Another house.
(c) A garden.
(d) A squirrel's den.
5. How long do the curate and the narrator stay in the first house?
(a) Two days.
(b) One week.
(c) Seven hours.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what kind of transportation does the narrator's brother begin his escape?
2. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
3. From the ruined house, the narrator sees that the Martian "tripods" actually have how many legs?
4. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
5. Where does the narrator sleep when he gets to Putney Hill?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)