|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator's brother live?
2. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
(a) He thinks that the narrator is coming for him.
(b) He thinks that the narrator must be hiding.
(c) He thinks that the narrator escaped.
(d) He thinks that the narrator is dead.
3. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
(a) To show how brave his brother is.
(b) To show the evacuation of his brother's city.
(c) To show how much stronger he is than his brother.
(d) His own story was getting boring.
4. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
5. From the ruined house, the narrator sees that the Martian "tripods" actually have how many legs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's brother decide to do when he hears that food may be available if he waits?
2. About how many dead Martians does the narrator see after he hears the Martian cry?
3. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
4. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
5. What is the soldier holding when the narrator finds him the second time?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)