|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kills the Martians?
(c) A bomb.
2. How is the narrator's brother able to help the two women subdue their attackers?
(a) He bribes them to leave the women alone.
(b) He is an expert boxer.
(c) He shoots them.
(d) He helps them ride away.
3. Why does the narrator walk towards it when he hears the Martian cry?
(a) He wants to kill it.
(b) He wants to see it up close.
(c) He wants to see if it is still alive.
(d) He wants to kill himself.
4. How much time does the narrator spend in the ruined house in total?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two weeks.
5. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
(a) He and the narrator sleep in shifts throughout the day.
(b) Very little.
(c) All day.
(d) All night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author risk his safety on his tenth day in the ruined house?
2. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
3. Where does the narrator's brother live?
4. From the ruined house, the narrator sees that the Martian "tripods" actually have how many legs?
5. On what kind of transportation does the narrator's brother begin his escape?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)