|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
(a) The Martians have not been reported as a threat.
(b) He gets a letter from the narrator.
(c) He does not believe that the Martians exist.
(d) His wife tells him not to worry.
2. What color is the weed that seems to be everywhere around the ruined house?
3. What does the Committee of Public Safety do when they meet the narrator's brother?
(a) Give him money.
(b) Give him food.
(c) Steal his horse.
(d) Fight him.
4. What does the narrator find out about his house when he returns to it?
(a) No one has been in it since he left.
(b) Someone was staying there.
(c) It has been destroyed.
(d) It has been robbed.
5. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
(a) He has to go to work.
(b) He does not have a horse.
(c) The trains are not running.
(d) He does not want to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the curate eat when he and the narrator are trapped in the ruined house?
2. How does the narrator attempt to keep the curate from using up their resources?
3. What happens to the house near Kew when the narrator and curate take refuge there?
4. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
5. Where does the narrator sleep when he gets to Putney Hill?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)