|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the narrator's brother able to help the two women subdue their attackers?
(a) He shoots them.
(b) He is an expert boxer.
(c) He bribes them to leave the women alone.
(d) He helps them ride away.
2. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
(a) In the attic.
(b) Behind some shelves.
(c) In a closet.
(d) In the basement.
3. Why does the narrator walk towards it when he hears the Martian cry?
(a) He wants to see it up close.
(b) He wants to kill himself.
(c) He wants to kill it.
(d) He wants to see if it is still alive.
4. What does the narrator see the Martians do from the ruined house?
(a) Build another weapon.
(b) Fight with each other.
(c) Kill a little boy.
(d) Force humans to fight with them.
5. Where does the narrator's brother live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the narrator and curate sleep in the ruined house?
2. The soldier believes that the Martians have built a machine that can do what?
3. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
4. What is the soldier holding when the narrator finds him the second time?
5. What does the narrator plan to do with the animal he hears outside of the house?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)