|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator sleep when he gets to Putney Hill?
(a) An abadoned house.
(b) An inn.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A tree.
2. How long does the narrator stay in the house after he is found wandering the streets?
(a) One week.
(b) Four days.
(c) One day.
(d) Three weeks.
3. Why does the narrator walk towards it when he hears the Martian cry?
(a) He wants to kill it.
(b) He wants to see it up close.
(c) He wants to see if it is still alive.
(d) He wants to kill himself.
4. What does the narrator find out about his house when he returns to it?
(a) Someone was staying there.
(b) It has been destroyed.
(c) No one has been in it since he left.
(d) It has been robbed.
5. Where does the narrator find food in the ruined house after the curate dies?
(a) The basement.
(b) The backyard.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) The scullery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
2. How does the narrator get into a yard near the ruined house?
3. What does the narrator plan to do with the animal he hears outside of the house?
4. What is the name of the song that the narrator invents?
5. How does the author risk his safety on his tenth day in the ruined house?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)