|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
(a) He thinks that the narrator escaped.
(b) He thinks that the narrator is coming for him.
(c) He thinks that the narrator must be hiding.
(d) He thinks that the narrator is dead.
2. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
(a) All night.
(b) He and the narrator sleep in shifts throughout the day.
(c) All day.
(d) Very little.
3. Why does the curate go with the narrator after they leave the first house?
(a) The narrator may be able to help him get home.
(b) He does not want the narrator to be left alone.
(c) He does not want to be alone.
(d) He thinks that the narrator is a good leader.
4. What does the narrator find out about his house when he returns to it?
(a) It has been destroyed.
(b) No one has been in it since he left.
(c) Someone was staying there.
(d) It has been robbed.
5. What happens to the house near Kew when the narrator and curate take refuge there?
(a) The curate knocks out some of the windows.
(b) A cylinder falls next to it and destroys part of it.
(c) It is so old that boards start to fall off of the walls.
(d) A Martian tripod destroys part of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the curate eat when he and the narrator are trapped in the ruined house?
2. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
3. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
4. Where is the first house in which the curate and narrator take refuge?
5. Where does the narrator find the soldier who he is traveling with earlier in the story?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)