|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soldier believes that the Martians have built a machine that can do what?
(b) Jump long distances.
(c) Plant food.
(d) Capture humans.
2. On what kind of transportation does the narrator's brother begin his escape?
(a) A cart.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A train.
(d) A boat.
3. Why does the curate go with the narrator after they leave the first house?
(a) He does not want to be alone.
(b) He thinks that the narrator is a good leader.
(c) He does not want the narrator to be left alone.
(d) The narrator may be able to help him get home.
4. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
(a) He and the narrator sleep in shifts throughout the day.
(b) Very little.
(c) All day.
(d) All night.
5. Where is the first house in which the curate and narrator take refuge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
2. What does the narrator plan to do with the animal he hears outside of the house?
3. How long do the curate and the narrator stay in the first house?
4. How much time does the narrator spend in the ruined house in total?
5. Where do the government officials go when the Martians attack London?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)