|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
(a) A garden.
(b) A squirrel's den.
(c) Another house.
(d) A shed.
2. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Six days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Three weeks.
3. What animal does the narrator hear on his fifteenth day in the ruined house?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A bird.
4. Why does the narrator walk towards it when he hears the Martian cry?
(a) He wants to kill himself.
(b) He wants to see it up close.
(c) He wants to see if it is still alive.
(d) He wants to kill it.
5. What does the narrator find out about his house when he returns to it?
(a) Someone was staying there.
(b) It has been robbed.
(c) No one has been in it since he left.
(d) It has been destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's brother decide to do when he hears that food may be available if he waits?
2. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
3. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
4. How does the narrator see outside on the first morning in the ruined house?
5. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)