|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the curate and narrator first see other people?
2. What does the narrator find out about his house when he returns to it?
(a) It has been robbed.
(b) Someone was staying there.
(c) No one has been in it since he left.
(d) It has been destroyed.
3. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
(a) It emits toxic smoke.
(b) It shoots fire.
(c) It knocks down enemy vehicles.
(d) It works as a mounted gun on the tripods.
4. Who ultimately kills the men who are attacking the two women?
(a) The younger woman.
(b) A passerby.
(c) The older woman.
(d) The narrator's brother.
5. As he watches from the ruined house, the narrator sees a Martian pick up a person from where?
(a) A cage.
(b) A cart.
(c) A bush.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator see outside on the first morning in the ruined house?
2. Where does the narrator find food after he meets with the soldier for the second time?
3. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
4. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
5. How long do the curate and the narrator stay in the first house?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)