|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator find out about his house when he returns to it?
(a) It has been destroyed.
(b) No one has been in it since he left.
(c) It has been robbed.
(d) Someone was staying there.
2. About how many dead Martians does the narrator see after he hears the Martian cry?
(a) One hundred.
(d) One thousand.
3. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
(a) He thinks that the narrator is coming for him.
(b) He thinks that the narrator must be hiding.
(c) He thinks that the narrator escaped.
(d) He thinks that the narrator is dead.
4. How much does the curate eat when he and the narrator are trapped in the ruined house?
(a) More than his share.
(c) About half of the food.
(d) Only a little food.
5. What does the narrator start calling the tripods when he travels with the curate?
(a) Martian fighting machines.
(c) Death machines.
6. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
(a) He has to go to work.
(b) He does not want to go.
(c) He does not have a horse.
(d) The trains are not running.
7. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
(a) He and the narrator sleep in shifts throughout the day.
(b) Very little.
(c) All day.
(d) All night.
8. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
(a) He does not believe that the Martians exist.
(b) He gets a letter from the narrator.
(c) The Martians have not been reported as a threat.
(d) His wife tells him not to worry.
9. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
(a) The curate is annoying.
(b) The curate drinks the last of their supply.
(c) The curate threatens him.
(d) The curate is yelling at the Martians.
10. How does the narrator get into a yard near the ruined house?
(a) He knocks down a wall.
(b) He climbs the fence.
(c) He breaks into the house in front of it.
(d) He goes around a wall.
11. What do the Martians bring with them in the cylinders?
(a) Materials to build dwellings.
(b) Small animals.
12. Where does the narrator hear a Martian crying out?
13. What animal does the narrator hear on his fifteenth day in the ruined house?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A bird.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
14. Where does the narrator sleep when he gets to Putney Hill?
(a) An inn.
(b) A tree.
(c) An abadoned house.
(d) A wagon.
15. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
(a) A squirrel's den.
(b) A shed.
(c) A garden.
(d) Another house.
Short Answer Questions
1. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
2. Where are the Martian's ears located?
3. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
4. How long does the narrator stay in the house after he is found wandering the streets?
5. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)