|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
(a) A chair leg.
(b) A doorknob.
(c) A piece of glass.
(d) A lump of coal.
2. How does the narrator attempt to keep the curate from using up their resources?
(a) He promises to get more soon.
(b) He hides most things from the curate.
(c) He fights him.
(d) He pleads with him.
3. What is the name of the song that the narrator invents?
(a) The Last One Standing.
(b) The Last Man Alive.
(c) The Invincible Man.
(d) The One Survivor.
4. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
(a) People are evacuating.
(b) They are trapped.
(c) There is nothing to worry about.
(d) The Martians are coming.
5. What does the narrator plan to do with the animal he hears outside of the house?
(a) Keep it for company.
(b) Bait the Martians with it.
(c) Save it as a present for his wife.
(d) Trap and eat it.
6. What is the soldier holding when the narrator finds him the second time?
(b) A machete.
(c) A spear.
(d) A gun.
7. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
(a) It works as a mounted gun on the tripods.
(b) It shoots fire.
(c) It knocks down enemy vehicles.
(d) It emits toxic smoke.
8. What does the narrator see the Martians do from the ruined house?
(a) Force humans to fight with them.
(b) Kill a little boy.
(c) Build another weapon.
(d) Fight with each other.
9. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Six days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Three weeks.
10. What does the narrator begin to believe right after he leaves the ruined house?
(a) He should try to bargain with the Martians.
(b) He is the only living person in the area.
(c) The military will find him soon.
(d) He will find his wife somewhere.
11. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
12. How much time does the narrator spend in the ruined house in total?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Fifteen days.
13. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
(a) A shed.
(b) A garden.
(c) A squirrel's den.
(d) Another house.
14. How is the soldier described who travels with the narrator?
15. Where do the narrator and curate sleep in the ruined house?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In a scullery.
(d) In the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Thunder Child?
2. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
3. Where is the curate's body before the Martians take it?
4. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
5. How does the author risk his safety on his tenth day in the ruined house?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)