|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author risk his safety on his tenth day in the ruined house?
(a) He ventures outside to investigate the Martians.
(b) He pumps water.
(c) He trys to signal for help.
(d) He tries to find the curate's body.
2. Where do the curate and narrator first see other people?
3. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
(a) He thinks that the narrator is coming for him.
(b) He thinks that the narrator is dead.
(c) He thinks that the narrator escaped.
(d) He thinks that the narrator must be hiding.
4. Where are the Martian's ears located?
(a) Next to their mouths.
(b) On their foreheads.
(c) On their hands.
(d) On the back of their heads.
5. Where does the narrator find food in the ruined house after the curate dies?
(a) The basement.
(b) The backyard.
(c) The scullery.
(d) He doesn't.
6. As he watches from the ruined house, the narrator sees a Martian pick up a person from where?
(a) A cart.
(b) A cage.
(c) A house.
(d) A bush.
7. Why is the narrator's brother forced to abandon his first mode of transportation?
(a) Someone demands that he give it to them.
(b) He loses it.
(c) He borrowed it and has to give it back.
(d) It breaks.
8. What kills the Martians?
(d) A bomb.
9. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
(a) A chair.
(b) A cart wheel.
(c) An axe.
(d) A meat chopper.
10. What does the narrator plan to do with the animal he hears outside of the house?
(a) Bait the Martians with it.
(b) Save it as a present for his wife.
(c) Trap and eat it.
(d) Keep it for company.
11. On what kind of transportation does the narrator's brother begin his escape?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A train.
(c) A cart.
(d) A boat.
12. Where is the curate's body before the Martians take it?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The living room.
(d) The bedroom.
13. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
14. How is the narrator's brother able to help the two women subdue their attackers?
(a) He bribes them to leave the women alone.
(b) He shoots them.
(c) He helps them ride away.
(d) He is an expert boxer.
15. Who takes the narrator in after he walks toward the Martian?
(a) A family.
(b) A shopkeeper.
(c) A convent.
(d) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator find the soldier who he is traveling with earlier in the story?
2. How much time does the narrator spend in the ruined house in total?
3. How long do the curate and the narrator stay in the first house?
4. What is the soldier holding when the narrator finds him the second time?
5. What animal does the narrator hear on his fifteenth day in the ruined house?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)