|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
(a) Looking for food.
(d) Planning his escape.
2. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In a closet.
(c) Behind some shelves.
(d) In the basement.
3. Why does the curate go with the narrator after they leave the first house?
(a) He does not want to be alone.
(b) He does not want the narrator to be left alone.
(c) The narrator may be able to help him get home.
(d) He thinks that the narrator is a good leader.
4. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
(a) A piece of glass.
(b) A lump of coal.
(c) A chair leg.
(d) A doorknob.
5. Where does the narrator find food after he meets with the soldier for the second time?
(a) A house.
(b) A pub.
(c) A cart.
(d) The soldier has it.
6. How does the author risk his safety on his tenth day in the ruined house?
(a) He ventures outside to investigate the Martians.
(b) He tries to find the curate's body.
(c) He trys to signal for help.
(d) He pumps water.
7. What color is the weed that seems to be everywhere around the ruined house?
8. About how many dead Martians does the narrator see after he hears the Martian cry?
(a) One thousand.
(c) One hundred.
9. Who ultimately kills the men who are attacking the two women?
(a) The younger woman.
(b) The older woman.
(c) The narrator's brother.
(d) A passerby.
10. What do the Martians bring with them in the cylinders?
(a) Materials to build dwellings.
(b) Small animals.
11. How is the soldier described who travels with the narrator?
12. What are the men trying to do when they attack the two women in the cart?
(a) Take their valuables.
(b) Kill the women.
(c) Take the cart.
(d) Kidnap the women.
13. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
(a) 8:00 PM.
(c) 11:00 AM.
(d) 3:00 PM.
14. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
(a) A chair.
(b) A cart wheel.
(c) An axe.
(d) A meat chopper.
15. Where do the curate and narrator first see other people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
2. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
3. As he watches from the ruined house, the narrator sees a Martian pick up a person from where?
4. On what kind of transportation does the narrator's brother begin his escape?
5. What does the Martian cry sound like?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)