|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
(a) He does not believe that the Martians exist.
(b) His wife tells him not to worry.
(c) The Martians have not been reported as a threat.
(d) He gets a letter from the narrator.
2. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
(a) The curate threatens him.
(b) The curate is yelling at the Martians.
(c) The curate is annoying.
(d) The curate drinks the last of their supply.
3. Who takes the narrator in after he walks toward the Martian?
(a) A shopkeeper.
(b) A family.
(c) A convent.
(d) A soldier.
4. Where does the narrator find food in the ruined house after the curate dies?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) The backyard.
(c) The scullery.
(d) The basement.
5. What is the name of the song that the narrator invents?
(a) The Last One Standing.
(b) The Invincible Man.
(c) The One Survivor.
(d) The Last Man Alive.
6. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
(a) 3:00 PM.
(b) 11:00 AM.
(c) 8:00 PM.
7. What is the soldier holding when the narrator finds him the second time?
(a) A machete.
(c) A gun.
(d) A spear.
8. The soldier believes that the Martians have built a machine that can do what?
(a) Capture humans.
(b) Plant food.
(d) Jump long distances.
9. How does the narrator attempt to keep the curate from using up their resources?
(a) He hides most things from the curate.
(b) He promises to get more soon.
(c) He fights him.
(d) He pleads with him.
10. What does the Committee of Public Safety do when they meet the narrator's brother?
(a) Fight him.
(b) Give him money.
(c) Steal his horse.
(d) Give him food.
11. How is the narrator's brother able to help the two women subdue their attackers?
(a) He helps them ride away.
(b) He is an expert boxer.
(c) He bribes them to leave the women alone.
(d) He shoots them.
12. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
(b) Sharp blades.
(c) Large black tubes.
13. What does the narrator's brother here about London as he travels with the two women?
(a) The Martians have taken it over.
(b) The Martians have burned it to the ground.
(c) The military has killed the Martians there.
(d) The military is on the way there.
14. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
(a) A chair.
(b) A meat chopper.
(c) A cart wheel.
(d) An axe.
15. Where does the narrator find food after he meets with the soldier for the second time?
(a) The soldier has it.
(b) A pub.
(c) A cart.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
2. Where do the narrator and curate sleep in the ruined house?
3. About how many dead Martians does the narrator see after he hears the Martian cry?
4. Who is in front of the narrator's house when he returns to it?
5. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)