|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's brother decide to do when he hears that food may be available if he waits?
(b) Keep going.
(c) Go find food.
(d) Demand food from other evacuees.
2. The soldier believes that the Martians have built a machine that can do what?
(b) Plant food.
(c) Jump long distances.
(d) Capture humans.
3. What does the narrator see the Martians do from the ruined house?
(a) Build another weapon.
(b) Fight with each other.
(c) Kill a little boy.
(d) Force humans to fight with them.
4. What happens to the house near Kew when the narrator and curate take refuge there?
(a) A cylinder falls next to it and destroys part of it.
(b) The curate knocks out some of the windows.
(c) It is so old that boards start to fall off of the walls.
(d) A Martian tripod destroys part of it.
5. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
6. What animal does the narrator hear on his fifteenth day in the ruined house?
(a) A bird.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A mouse.
7. How does the narrator attempt to keep the curate from using up their resources?
(a) He fights him.
(b) He pleads with him.
(c) He promises to get more soon.
(d) He hides most things from the curate.
8. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
(a) There is nothing to worry about.
(b) People are evacuating.
(c) The Martians are coming.
(d) They are trapped.
9. What are the men trying to do when they attack the two women in the cart?
(a) Kidnap the women.
(b) Take the cart.
(c) Take their valuables.
(d) Kill the women.
10. Why does the curate go with the narrator after they leave the first house?
(a) He does not want to be alone.
(b) He does not want the narrator to be left alone.
(c) He thinks that the narrator is a good leader.
(d) The narrator may be able to help him get home.
11. As he watches from the ruined house, the narrator sees a Martian pick up a person from where?
(a) A bush.
(b) A cage.
(c) A cart.
(d) A house.
12. How much time does the narrator spend in the ruined house in total?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two weeks.
13. Where do the curate and narrator first see other people?
14. Where does the narrator sleep when he gets to Putney Hill?
(a) A wagon.
(b) An abadoned house.
(c) An inn.
(d) A tree.
15. What does the Committee of Public Safety do when they meet the narrator's brother?
(a) Give him money.
(b) Steal his horse.
(c) Give him food.
(d) Fight him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Martians bring with them in the cylinders?
2. Where does the narrator's brother live?
3. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
4. How does the author risk his safety on his tenth day in the ruined house?
5. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)