|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the narrator and curate sleep in the ruined house?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In a scullery.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the kitchen.
2. What do the Martians eat?
(b) Rocks and other minerals.
(d) Small animals.
3. How is the narrator's brother able to help the two women subdue their attackers?
(a) He bribes them to leave the women alone.
(b) He shoots them.
(c) He is an expert boxer.
(d) He helps them ride away.
4. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
(a) In the attic.
(b) Behind some shelves.
(c) In a closet.
(d) In the basement.
5. What does the narrator find to eat after he decides to leave the ruined house?
(b) A rodent.
6. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
7. What color is the weed that seems to be everywhere around the ruined house?
8. What does the narrator plan to do with the animal he hears outside of the house?
(a) Save it as a present for his wife.
(b) Bait the Martians with it.
(c) Keep it for company.
(d) Trap and eat it.
9. Why does the narrator walk towards it when he hears the Martian cry?
(a) He wants to see if it is still alive.
(b) He wants to kill himself.
(c) He wants to kill it.
(d) He wants to see it up close.
10. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
(a) He has to go to work.
(b) The trains are not running.
(c) He does not have a horse.
(d) He does not want to go.
11. How does the narrator feel when he first leaves the ruined house?
(a) Like he is under Martian control.
(b) Hopeful that he will find his wife.
(c) Lonely and hopeless.
(d) Upset about what happened with the curate.
12. Why does the curate go with the narrator after they leave the first house?
(a) The narrator may be able to help him get home.
(b) He does not want to be alone.
(c) He does not want the narrator to be left alone.
(d) He thinks that the narrator is a good leader.
13. On what kind of transportation does the narrator's brother begin his escape?
(a) A cart.
(b) A boat.
(c) A train.
(d) A bicycle.
14. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
(a) The curate threatens him.
(b) The curate drinks the last of their supply.
(c) The curate is annoying.
(d) The curate is yelling at the Martians.
15. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
(a) Planning his escape.
(d) Looking for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the narrator hear on his fifteenth day in the ruined house?
2. What does the narrator start calling the tripods when he travels with the curate?
3. Where do the government officials go when the Martians attack London?
4. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
5. What are the men trying to do when they attack the two women in the cart?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)