|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the Martian's ears located?
(a) On the back of their heads.
(b) Next to their mouths.
(c) On their foreheads.
(d) On their hands.
2. How is the soldier described who travels with the narrator?
3. What does the Committee of Public Safety do when they meet the narrator's brother?
(a) Steal his horse.
(b) Give him money.
(c) Give him food.
(d) Fight him.
4. On what kind of transportation does the narrator's brother begin his escape?
(a) A train.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A cart.
(d) A boat.
5. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
(a) A chair leg.
(b) A doorknob.
(c) A lump of coal.
(d) A piece of glass.
6. Who ultimately kills the men who are attacking the two women?
(a) The narrator's brother.
(b) The younger woman.
(c) The older woman.
(d) A passerby.
7. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
8. What does the narrator plan to do with the animal he hears outside of the house?
(a) Bait the Martians with it.
(b) Save it as a present for his wife.
(c) Keep it for company.
(d) Trap and eat it.
9. What does the narrator see the Martians do from the ruined house?
(a) Fight with each other.
(b) Force humans to fight with them.
(c) Kill a little boy.
(d) Build another weapon.
10. How does the narrator feel when he first leaves the ruined house?
(a) Upset about what happened with the curate.
(b) Lonely and hopeless.
(c) Like he is under Martian control.
(d) Hopeful that he will find his wife.
11. Where do the narrator and curate sleep in the ruined house?
(a) In a scullery.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the basement.
12. Why is the narrator's brother forced to abandon his first mode of transportation?
(a) He loses it.
(b) Someone demands that he give it to them.
(c) It breaks.
(d) He borrowed it and has to give it back.
13. What does the narrator begin to believe right after he leaves the ruined house?
(a) He is the only living person in the area.
(b) He will find his wife somewhere.
(c) He should try to bargain with the Martians.
(d) The military will find him soon.
14. How is the narrator's brother able to help the two women subdue their attackers?
(a) He bribes them to leave the women alone.
(b) He shoots them.
(c) He is an expert boxer.
(d) He helps them ride away.
15. Where does the narrator find food in the ruined house after the curate dies?
(a) The scullery.
(b) The backyard.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) The basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kills the Martians?
2. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
3. What does the narrator find to eat after he decides to leave the ruined house?
4. What happens to the house near Kew when the narrator and curate take refuge there?
5. What does the Martian cry sound like?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)