|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
(a) The curate is yelling at the Martians.
(b) The curate is annoying.
(c) The curate threatens him.
(d) The curate drinks the last of their supply.
2. Where does the narrator's brother live?
3. Why does the curate go with the narrator after they leave the first house?
(a) He does not want to be alone.
(b) He thinks that the narrator is a good leader.
(c) He does not want the narrator to be left alone.
(d) The narrator may be able to help him get home.
4. How many Martians initially attack nearby the night after the narrator's brother is introduced?
5. What does the narrator plan to do with the animal he hears outside of the house?
(a) Save it as a present for his wife.
(b) Keep it for company.
(c) Trap and eat it.
(d) Bait the Martians with it.
6. How does the narrator attempt to keep the curate from using up their resources?
(a) He pleads with him.
(b) He hides most things from the curate.
(c) He promises to get more soon.
(d) He fights him.
7. As he watches from the ruined house, the narrator sees a Martian pick up a person from where?
(a) A cart.
(b) A cage.
(c) A house.
(d) A bush.
8. What are the men trying to do when they attack the two women in the cart?
(a) Kidnap the women.
(b) Take their valuables.
(c) Kill the women.
(d) Take the cart.
9. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
10. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Six days.
(d) Five weeks.
11. What does the Committee of Public Safety do when they meet the narrator's brother?
(a) Give him food.
(b) Steal his horse.
(c) Give him money.
(d) Fight him.
12. How does the author risk his safety on his tenth day in the ruined house?
(a) He trys to signal for help.
(b) He pumps water.
(c) He ventures outside to investigate the Martians.
(d) He tries to find the curate's body.
13. Why does the narrator walk towards it when he hears the Martian cry?
(a) He wants to see if it is still alive.
(b) He wants to kill himself.
(c) He wants to see it up close.
(d) He wants to kill it.
14. Where does the narrator sleep when he gets to Putney Hill?
(a) An abadoned house.
(b) A tree.
(c) A wagon.
(d) An inn.
15. Where are the Martian's ears located?
(a) On their foreheads.
(b) On their hands.
(c) Next to their mouths.
(d) On the back of their heads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the government officials go when the Martians attack London?
2. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
3. What does the narrator find out about his house when he returns to it?
4. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
5. How does the narrator feel when he first leaves the ruined house?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)