|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator find food after he meets with the soldier for the second time?
(a) A house.
(b) A cart.
(c) A pub.
(d) The soldier has it.
2. Who is in front of the narrator's house when he returns to it?
(a) The soldier.
(c) His brother.
(d) His wife.
3. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Three weeks.
4. What does the narrator begin to believe right after he leaves the ruined house?
(a) He will find his wife somewhere.
(b) He is the only living person in the area.
(c) He should try to bargain with the Martians.
(d) The military will find him soon.
5. What happens to the house near Kew when the narrator and curate take refuge there?
(a) A Martian tripod destroys part of it.
(b) It is so old that boards start to fall off of the walls.
(c) A cylinder falls next to it and destroys part of it.
(d) The curate knocks out some of the windows.
6. What does the narrator's brother here about London as he travels with the two women?
(a) The military is on the way there.
(b) The Martians have taken it over.
(c) The military has killed the Martians there.
(d) The Martians have burned it to the ground.
7. What color is the weed that seems to be everywhere around the ruined house?
8. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
(a) He does not have a horse.
(b) He has to go to work.
(c) The trains are not running.
(d) He does not want to go.
9. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
(a) All night.
(b) He and the narrator sleep in shifts throughout the day.
(c) All day.
(d) Very little.
10. On what kind of transportation does the narrator's brother begin his escape?
(a) A cart.
(b) A boat.
(c) A train.
(d) A bicycle.
11. Where does the narrator find food in the ruined house after the curate dies?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) The scullery.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The basement.
12. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
(a) Planning his escape.
(c) Looking for food.
13. The soldier believes that the Martians have built a machine that can do what?
(a) Jump long distances.
(b) Capture humans.
(d) Plant food.
14. What does the narrator start calling the tripods when he travels with the curate?
(c) Martian fighting machines.
(d) Death machines.
15. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
(a) A shed.
(b) A squirrel's den.
(c) Another house.
(d) A garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator's brother live?
2. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
3. Why does the narrator walk towards it when he hears the Martian cry?
4. Where does the narrator sleep when he gets to Putney Hill?
5. What animal does the narrator hear on his fifteenth day in the ruined house?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)