|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Thunder Child?
(a) A large gun.
(b) A tank.
(c) A warship.
(d) A horse.
2. What does the narrator's brother decide to do when he hears that food may be available if he waits?
(a) Keep going.
(b) Demand food from other evacuees.
(d) Go find food.
3. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
(a) Behind some shelves.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In a closet.
4. How long does the narrator stay in the house after he is found wandering the streets?
(a) One day.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Four days.
(d) One week.
5. How does the narrator attempt to keep the curate from using up their resources?
(a) He promises to get more soon.
(b) He fights him.
(c) He hides most things from the curate.
(d) He pleads with him.
6. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
(a) His own story was getting boring.
(b) To show how much stronger he is than his brother.
(c) To show how brave his brother is.
(d) To show the evacuation of his brother's city.
7. How much time does the narrator spend in the ruined house in total?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Fifteen days.
(d) Four days.
8. Where is the curate's body before the Martians take it?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The living room.
(d) The bedroom.
9. What are the men trying to do when they attack the two women in the cart?
(a) Kill the women.
(b) Take their valuables.
(c) Kidnap the women.
(d) Take the cart.
10. How does the narrator see outside on the first morning in the ruined house?
(a) There is an opening in the wall.
(b) He can't.
(c) He opens the door.
(d) There is a small window.
11. As he watches from the ruined house, the narrator sees a Martian pick up a person from where?
(a) A bush.
(b) A house.
(c) A cart.
(d) A cage.
12. From the ruined house, the narrator sees that the Martian "tripods" actually have how many legs?
13. How does the narrator get to Woking near the end of the conflict?
(a) He walks.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A train.
(d) A horse.
14. Who ultimately kills the men who are attacking the two women?
(a) A passerby.
(b) The narrator's brother.
(c) The older woman.
(d) The younger woman.
15. Who takes the narrator in after he walks toward the Martian?
(a) A convent.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A shopkeeper.
(d) A family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator find to eat after he decides to leave the ruined house?
2. Why does the curate go with the narrator after they leave the first house?
3. What does the soldier want to do in order to ensure his survival?
4. Where do the government officials go when the Martians attack London?
5. Why does the narrator walk towards it when he hears the Martian cry?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)