|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time does the narrator spend in the ruined house in total?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Four days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Fifteen days.
2. What does the narrator start calling the tripods when he travels with the curate?
(b) Death machines.
(d) Martian fighting machines.
3. How many Martians initially attack nearby the night after the narrator's brother is introduced?
4. Why is the narrator's brother forced to abandon his first mode of transportation?
(a) He loses it.
(b) He borrowed it and has to give it back.
(c) Someone demands that he give it to them.
(d) It breaks.
5. What does the narrator find out about his house when he returns to it?
(a) It has been destroyed.
(b) Someone was staying there.
(c) It has been robbed.
(d) No one has been in it since he left.
6. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
(a) He can repair it from inside.
(b) The other Martians protect him.
(c) He does not.
(d) He kills everyone nearby and then repairs it.
7. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
8. How does the narrator attempt to keep the curate from using up their resources?
(a) He pleads with him.
(b) He hides most things from the curate.
(c) He promises to get more soon.
(d) He fights him.
9. What does the soldier want to do in order to ensure his survival?
(a) Hide in a nearby house.
(b) Find other members of the military.
(c) Flee to Ireland.
(d) Build an underground colony.
10. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
(a) The Martians have not been reported as a threat.
(b) His wife tells him not to worry.
(c) He does not believe that the Martians exist.
(d) He gets a letter from the narrator.
11. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
12. Where is the first house in which the curate and narrator take refuge?
13. How long do the curate and the narrator stay in the first house?
(a) One day.
(b) Two days.
(c) One week.
(d) Seven hours.
14. As he watches from the ruined house, the narrator sees a Martian pick up a person from where?
(a) A bush.
(b) A cage.
(c) A house.
(d) A cart.
15. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
(a) A shed.
(b) A garden.
(c) A squirrel's den.
(d) Another house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the narrator stay in the house after he is found wandering the streets?
2. What does the narrator see the Martians do from the ruined house?
3. On what kind of transportation does the narrator's brother begin his escape?
4. What is the name of the song that the narrator invents?
5. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)