|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the government officials go when the Martians attack London?
2. From the ruined house, the narrator sees that the Martian "tripods" actually have how many legs?
3. Where does the narrator find food in the ruined house after the curate dies?
(a) The basement.
(b) The scullery.
(c) The backyard.
(d) He doesn't.
4. About how many dead Martians does the narrator see after he hears the Martian cry?
(a) One thousand.
(b) One hundred.
5. What does the narrator see the Martians do from the ruined house?
(a) Build another weapon.
(b) Kill a little boy.
(c) Force humans to fight with them.
(d) Fight with each other.
6. What does the narrator start calling the tripods when he travels with the curate?
(a) Death machines.
(b) Martian fighting machines.
7. How does the narrator see outside on the first morning in the ruined house?
(a) There is an opening in the wall.
(b) He opens the door.
(c) There is a small window.
(d) He can't.
8. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
(a) Sharp blades.
(b) Large black tubes.
9. Where does the narrator hear a Martian crying out?
10. The soldier believes that the Martians have built a machine that can do what?
(a) Capture humans.
(b) Plant food.
(d) Jump long distances.
11. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
(a) He gets a letter from the narrator.
(b) The Martians have not been reported as a threat.
(c) He does not believe that the Martians exist.
(d) His wife tells him not to worry.
12. What do the Martians bring with them in the cylinders?
(a) Small animals.
(b) Materials to build dwellings.
13. What is the soldier holding when the narrator finds him the second time?
(a) A machete.
(b) A gun.
(c) A spear.
14. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
15. What animal does the narrator hear on his fifteenth day in the ruined house?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A cat.
(c) A bird.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author risk his safety on his tenth day in the ruined house?
2. What does the soldier want to do in order to ensure his survival?
3. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
4. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
5. Where is the first house in which the curate and narrator take refuge?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)