|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
(a) All day.
(b) Very little.
(c) He and the narrator sleep in shifts throughout the day.
(d) All night.
2. What color is the weed that seems to be everywhere around the ruined house?
3. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
(a) There is nothing to worry about.
(b) People are evacuating.
(c) They are trapped.
(d) The Martians are coming.
4. What kills the Martians?
(c) A bomb.
5. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
(a) 8:00 PM.
(b) 11:00 AM.
(c) 3:00 PM.
6. What animal does the narrator hear on his fifteenth day in the ruined house?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bird.
(d) A mouse.
7. About how many dead Martians does the narrator see after he hears the Martian cry?
(a) One hundred.
(c) One thousand.
8. From the ruined house, the narrator sees that the Martian "tripods" actually have how many legs?
9. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
(a) Looking for food.
(b) Planning his escape.
10. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
(a) He gets a letter from the narrator.
(b) He does not believe that the Martians exist.
(c) His wife tells him not to worry.
(d) The Martians have not been reported as a threat.
11. Where do the narrator and curate sleep in the ruined house?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In a scullery.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the basement.
12. What does the narrator plan to do with the animal he hears outside of the house?
(a) Trap and eat it.
(b) Bait the Martians with it.
(c) Save it as a present for his wife.
(d) Keep it for company.
13. Where does the narrator sleep when he gets to Putney Hill?
(a) An abadoned house.
(b) A tree.
(c) A wagon.
(d) An inn.
14. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
(a) He thinks that the narrator is coming for him.
(b) He thinks that the narrator must be hiding.
(c) He thinks that the narrator escaped.
(d) He thinks that the narrator is dead.
15. How is the soldier described who travels with the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator start calling the tripods when he travels with the curate?
2. How does the narrator feel when he first leaves the ruined house?
3. What is the name of the song that the narrator invents?
4. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
5. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)