|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
2. Where does the narrator sleep when he gets to Putney Hill?
(a) An inn.
(b) An abadoned house.
(c) A tree.
(d) A wagon.
3. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
(b) Planning his escape.
(d) Looking for food.
4. How long does the narrator stay in the house after he is found wandering the streets?
(a) One day.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Four days.
(d) One week.
5. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
(a) He does not believe that the Martians exist.
(b) His wife tells him not to worry.
(c) The Martians have not been reported as a threat.
(d) He gets a letter from the narrator.
6. What does the narrator find to eat after he decides to leave the ruined house?
(c) A rodent.
7. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
8. What does the narrator's brother here about London as he travels with the two women?
(a) The military has killed the Martians there.
(b) The Martians have taken it over.
(c) The military is on the way there.
(d) The Martians have burned it to the ground.
9. What does the Committee of Public Safety do when they meet the narrator's brother?
(a) Fight him.
(b) Give him food.
(c) Give him money.
(d) Steal his horse.
10. Where do the narrator and curate sleep in the ruined house?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In a scullery.
(d) In the attic.
11. Where does the narrator find food after he meets with the soldier for the second time?
(a) A cart.
(b) A pub.
(c) A house.
(d) The soldier has it.
12. What does the narrator start calling the tripods when he travels with the curate?
(a) Death machines.
(c) Martian fighting machines.
13. What does the narrator plan to do with the animal he hears outside of the house?
(a) Trap and eat it.
(b) Keep it for company.
(c) Bait the Martians with it.
(d) Save it as a present for his wife.
14. Where do the curate and narrator first see other people?
15. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what kind of transportation does the narrator's brother begin his escape?
2. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
3. What is the Thunder Child?
4. Where are the Martian's ears located?
5. How does the narrator see outside on the first morning in the ruined house?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)