Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do the curate and the narrator stay in the first house?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Seven hours.
2. What is the name of the song that the narrator invents?
(a) The One Survivor.
(b) The Last One Standing.
(c) The Last Man Alive.
(d) The Invincible Man.
3. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
4. What does the narrator find out about his house when he returns to it?
(a) It has been destroyed.
(b) Someone was staying there.
(c) It has been robbed.
(d) No one has been in it since he left.
5. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
(a) Six days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
6. What does the narrator find to eat after he decides to leave the ruined house?
(a) A rodent.
7. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
(a) He thinks that the narrator must be hiding.
(b) He thinks that the narrator is dead.
(c) He thinks that the narrator is coming for him.
(d) He thinks that the narrator escaped.
8. How is the narrator's brother able to help the two women subdue their attackers?
(a) He bribes them to leave the women alone.
(b) He is an expert boxer.
(c) He helps them ride away.
(d) He shoots them.
9. What do the Martians eat?
(a) Small animals.
(d) Rocks and other minerals.
10. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
(b) Looking for food.
(d) Planning his escape.
11. Where is the first house in which the curate and narrator take refuge?
12. What does the narrator start calling the tripods when he travels with the curate?
(a) Death machines.
(d) Martian fighting machines.
13. What are the men trying to do when they attack the two women in the cart?
(a) Take their valuables.
(b) Take the cart.
(c) Kidnap the women.
(d) Kill the women.
14. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
15. How many Martians initially attack nearby the night after the narrator's brother is introduced?
Short Answer Questions
1. The soldier believes that the Martians have built a machine that can do what?
2. What does the soldier want to do in order to ensure his survival?
3. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
4. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
5. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)