|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men trying to do when they attack the two women in the cart?
(a) Kidnap the women.
(b) Kill the women.
(c) Take the cart.
(d) Take their valuables.
2. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
(a) A shed.
(b) A garden.
(c) Another house.
(d) A squirrel's den.
3. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
4. As he watches from the ruined house, the narrator sees a Martian pick up a person from where?
(a) A cart.
(b) A bush.
(c) A cage.
(d) A house.
5. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
(a) He does not.
(b) The other Martians protect him.
(c) He kills everyone nearby and then repairs it.
(d) He can repair it from inside.
6. What do the Martians eat?
(a) Rocks and other minerals.
(b) Small animals.
7. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
(a) There is nothing to worry about.
(b) People are evacuating.
(c) They are trapped.
(d) The Martians are coming.
8. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
(a) He thinks that the narrator is dead.
(b) He thinks that the narrator must be hiding.
(c) He thinks that the narrator is coming for him.
(d) He thinks that the narrator escaped.
9. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
(a) A meat chopper.
(b) An axe.
(c) A chair.
(d) A cart wheel.
10. Why does the curate go with the narrator after they leave the first house?
(a) He thinks that the narrator is a good leader.
(b) He does not want the narrator to be left alone.
(c) He does not want to be alone.
(d) The narrator may be able to help him get home.
11. What is the name of the song that the narrator invents?
(a) The One Survivor.
(b) The Last One Standing.
(c) The Last Man Alive.
(d) The Invincible Man.
12. What animal does the narrator hear on his fifteenth day in the ruined house?
(a) A bird.
(b) A cat.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A dog.
13. Where do the government officials go when the Martians attack London?
14. Why does the narrator walk towards it when he hears the Martian cry?
(a) He wants to kill himself.
(b) He wants to see if it is still alive.
(c) He wants to see it up close.
(d) He wants to kill it.
15. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
(a) In a closet.
(b) In the basement.
(c) Behind some shelves.
(d) In the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time does the narrator spend in the ruined house in total?
2. Who takes the narrator in after he walks toward the Martian?
3. Where does the narrator find the soldier who he is traveling with earlier in the story?
4. What is the Thunder Child?
5. What does the Martian cry sound like?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)