|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
2. What kills the Martians?
(a) A bomb.
3. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
(a) A cart wheel.
(b) A chair.
(c) An axe.
(d) A meat chopper.
4. Where does the narrator find food in the ruined house after the curate dies?
(a) The scullery.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The basement.
5. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
(a) All day.
(b) He and the narrator sleep in shifts throughout the day.
(c) Very little.
(d) All night.
6. Where is the first house in which the curate and narrator take refuge?
7. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
(b) Planning his escape.
(d) Looking for food.
8. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
(a) 3:00 PM.
(b) 11:00 AM.
(d) 8:00 PM.
9. Where are the Martian's ears located?
(a) On their hands.
(b) Next to their mouths.
(c) On their foreheads.
(d) On the back of their heads.
10. Where do the curate and narrator first see other people?
11. What do the Martians bring with them in the cylinders?
(a) Small animals.
(d) Materials to build dwellings.
12. What are the men trying to do when they attack the two women in the cart?
(a) Kidnap the women.
(b) Kill the women.
(c) Take the cart.
(d) Take their valuables.
13. Where does the narrator hear a Martian crying out?
14. What does the Committee of Public Safety do when they meet the narrator's brother?
(a) Fight him.
(b) Give him food.
(c) Steal his horse.
(d) Give him money.
15. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Six days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
2. How much does the curate eat when he and the narrator are trapped in the ruined house?
3. As he watches from the ruined house, the narrator sees a Martian pick up a person from where?
4. How does the narrator feel when he first leaves the ruined house?
5. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)