Short Answer Key
Book 1: Chapter 1, The Eve of War
1. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
140 million miles.
2. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
3. What must first be present in order for life to begin according to the narrator?
4. How far is Mars from Earth?
35 million miles.
5. In what area of knowledge does the narrator say the Martians are clearly superior?
6. In what year did the Martian invasion begin?
7. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
8. What is Mars the god of in Roman mythology?
9. Who is Ogilvy?
10. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
11. What are the...
This section contains 2,776 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)