|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must first be present in order for life to begin according to the narrator?
(d) Temperature cooling.
2. What does the narrator tell his wife about the Martians in order to reassure her?
(a) The Martians are very weak.
(b) The Martians do not seem very dangerous.
(c) The Martians move very slowly.
(d) The Martians are very small.
3. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
(a) About three-quarters.
(b) About twice as much.
(c) About half.
(d) About one-quarter.
4. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
5. What does the Martian cry sound like?
(a) "Ack, ack."
(b) "Baru, baru."
(c) "Ulla, ulla."
(d) "Yip, yip."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
2. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
3. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
4. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
5. What does the soldier do who pairs up with the narrator?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)