|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
(a) He and the narrator sleep in shifts throughout the day.
(b) Very little.
(c) All day.
(d) All night.
2. What animal does the narrator hear on his fifteenth day in the ruined house?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A bird.
3. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) On the common.
(b) The train station.
(c) In a restaurant.
(d) His house.
4. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
(a) The National Association of Astronomers.
(b) Astronomers United.
(c) The Astronomical Exchange.
(d) The League of Astronomers.
5. What does the narrator see in the sky as he goes to town on his way back from the inn?
(a) A lunar eclipse.
(b) A third cylinder falling.
(c) A military missile.
(d) A rocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator find the soldier who he is traveling with earlier in the story?
2. Where are the Martian's ears located?
3. From the ruined house, the narrator sees that the Martian "tripods" actually have how many legs?
4. How is the soldier separated from his unit?
5. Why do the narrator and soldier decide to take a long route when leaving Woking?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)