|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the soldier described who travels with the narrator?
2. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
(a) The curate is yelling at the Martians.
(b) The curate drinks the last of their supply.
(c) The curate threatens him.
(d) The curate is annoying.
3. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
4. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
(a) A heart.
(b) A peace sign.
(c) A white flag.
(d) A British flag.
5. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
(a) A soldier helps him get away.
(b) He hides in the water.
(c) The Martians do not see him.
(d) He fights with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator when he reaches the other bank in the small boat?
2. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
3. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
4. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
5. What can survive the heat ray?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)