|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see in the sky as he goes to town on his way back from the inn?
(a) A military missile.
(b) A lunar eclipse.
(c) A third cylinder falling.
(d) A rocket.
2. Where does the narrator find food after he meets with the soldier for the second time?
(a) A pub.
(b) The soldier has it.
(c) A cart.
(d) A house.
3. Why do the narrator and soldier decide to take a long route when leaving Woking?
(a) The direct road is crowded with people.
(b) There may be food on the long route.
(c) The direct road has been blocked.
(d) The long route will be safer.
4. What is a curate?
(a) A judge.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A clergyman.
(d) A doctor.
5. How does the narrator attempt to keep the curate from using up their resources?
(a) He fights him.
(b) He hides most things from the curate.
(c) He promises to get more soon.
(d) He pleads with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator say he finds reassuring the morning before he is forced to flee?
2. What can survive the heat ray?
3. From the ruined house, the narrator sees that the Martian "tripods" actually have how many legs?
4. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
5. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)