|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
2. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
(a) It is invisible.
(b) It does not exist.
(c) It is hidden.
(d) It is made of unknown materials.
3. What do the Martians eat?
(c) Small animals.
(d) Rocks and other minerals.
4. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
(a) A garden.
(b) Another house.
(c) A squirrel's den.
(d) A shed.
5. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Open it.
(b) Destroy it.
(c) Study it.
(d) Dig it out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
2. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
3. How does the narrator get to Woking near the end of the conflict?
4. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
5. Why is the young boy yelling in the middle of town on the Friday evening after the cylinder crashes?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)