|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
2. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
(a) 160 million miles.
(b) 140,000 miles.
(c) 140 million miles.
(d) 160,000 miles.
3. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
(a) Throwing rocks at it.
(b) Yelling at it.
(c) Daring each other to touch it.
(d) Trying to open it.
4. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
(a) To show how brave his brother is.
(b) To show the evacuation of his brother's city.
(c) His own story was getting boring.
(d) To show how much stronger he is than his brother.
5. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
(a) Excitement and fear.
(b) Fear and curiosity.
(c) Fear and anger.
(d) Excitement and anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's brother decide to do when he hears that food may be available if he waits?
2. What does the narrator begin to believe right after he leaves the ruined house?
3. Who takes the narrator in after he walks toward the Martian?
4. How far does the narrator have to drive his wife in the cart?
5. How do most people react to the invasion on the first Friday after the cylinder lands?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)