|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator hear after the shopman goes into the pit?
(a) A scream.
(b) A confused noise.
(c) A cry for help.
2. Where do the narrator and curate sleep in the ruined house?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In a scullery.
(d) In the kitchen.
3. What color are the gas jets?
4. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
(a) He can repair it from inside.
(b) He kills everyone nearby and then repairs it.
(c) He does not.
(d) The other Martians protect him.
5. What does the narrator's brother here about London as he travels with the two women?
(a) The military is on the way there.
(b) The military has killed the Martians there.
(c) The Martians have burned it to the ground.
(d) The Martians have taken it over.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
2. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
3. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
4. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
5. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)