|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kills the Martians?
(b) A bomb.
2. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
3. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
(a) A firing squad.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A shell.
(d) A tank.
4. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
(a) Excitement and fear.
(b) Fear and anger.
(c) Fear and curiosity.
(d) Excitement and anger.
5. What is a curate?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A clergyman.
(d) A judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator paddle across the river when he finds a small boat?
2. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
3. Where does the narrator hear a Martian crying out?
4. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
5. Where is the first house in which the curate and narrator take refuge?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)