|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since the soldier has eaten when he first teams up with the narrator?
(a) One week.
(b) Ten hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
2. What does the narrator plan to do with the animal he hears outside of the house?
(a) Bait the Martians with it.
(b) Save it as a present for his wife.
(c) Trap and eat it.
(d) Keep it for company.
3. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
(b) Evacuate Immediately.
(c) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
(d) Message Received From Mars.
4. What does the narrator start calling the tripods when he travels with the curate?
(a) Martian fighting machines.
(c) Death machines.
5. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(d) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
2. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
3. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
4. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
5. Who takes the narrator in after he walks toward the Martian?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)