|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the narrator's horse when he goes back to Woking?
(a) Someone steals it.
(b) It falls and breaks its neck.
(c) It throws him off.
(d) It runs away.
2. Why is the narrator eager to get back to Woking after taking his wife to the inn?
(a) He wants to see the Martians die.
(b) He wants to gather his possessions.
(c) He wants to try to signal the Martians.
(d) He is afraid something will happen to his house.
3. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
(a) The Martians do not see him.
(b) He fights with them.
(c) A soldier helps him get away.
(d) He hides in the water.
4. Why does the curate go with the narrator after they leave the first house?
(a) The narrator may be able to help him get home.
(b) He thinks that the narrator is a good leader.
(c) He does not want to be alone.
(d) He does not want the narrator to be left alone.
5. How many Martians initially attack nearby the night after the narrator's brother is introduced?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
2. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
3. What is a Deputation?
4. What is the name of the Astronomer Royal?
5. What can survive the heat ray?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)