|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
(a) 3:00 PM.
(c) 8:00 PM.
(d) 11:00 AM.
2. What does the narrator find to eat after he decides to leave the ruined house?
(c) A rodent.
3. What are the gas jets in the sky originally assumed to be?
4. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
(a) He does not have a horse.
(b) The trains are not running.
(c) He does not want to go.
(d) He has to go to work.
5. What do the Martians eat?
(a) Rocks and other minerals.
(b) Small animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
2. Where does the soldier hide until meeting the narrator?
3. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
4. Who is Henderson?
5. Where is the first house in which the curate and narrator take refuge?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)