|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the soldier described who travels with the narrator?
2. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
3. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
4. How does the narrator feel when he first leaves the ruined house?
(a) Hopeful that he will find his wife.
(b) Like he is under Martian control.
(c) Lonely and hopeless.
(d) Upset about what happened with the curate.
5. What do the Martians eat?
(a) Rocks and other minerals.
(b) Small animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many dead Martians does the narrator see after he hears the Martian cry?
2. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
3. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
4. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
5. How does the narrator see outside on the first morning in the ruined house?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)