|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
(a) The trains are not running.
(b) He does not want to go.
(c) He has to go to work.
(d) He does not have a horse.
2. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
3. How long does the narrator stay in the house after he is found wandering the streets?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) Four days.
(d) One week.
4. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
(a) To show how brave his brother is.
(b) To show how much stronger he is than his brother.
(c) His own story was getting boring.
(d) To show the evacuation of his brother's city.
5. Where do the narrator and curate sleep in the ruined house?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In a scullery.
(d) In the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
2. Where do the government officials go when the Martians attack London?
3. What do the Martians bring with them in the cylinders?
4. What must first be present in order for life to begin according to the narrator?
5. Why do the narrator and soldier decide to take a long route when leaving Woking?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)