|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
(a) Looking for food.
(c) Planning his escape.
2. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
(a) They are captured by Martians.
(b) They are arrested.
(c) They are shot.
(d) They are crushed.
3. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
(a) It shoots fire.
(b) It works as a mounted gun on the tripods.
(c) It knocks down enemy vehicles.
(d) It emits toxic smoke.
4. Where does the narrator's brother live?
5. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
(a) News of the Day.
(b) The Woking Journal.
(c) The Daily Chronicle.
(d) The Post-Dispatch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Martians bring with them in the cylinders?
2. What is Mars the god of in Roman mythology?
3. How does the first man get into the pit?
4. What does the soldier want to do in order to ensure his survival?
5. Where do the government officials go when the Martians attack London?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)