|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many dead Martians does the narrator see after he hears the Martian cry?
(a) One thousand.
(b) One hundred.
2. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
3. Where do the curate and narrator first see other people?
4. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
(a) He can repair it from inside.
(b) He kills everyone nearby and then repairs it.
(c) He does not.
(d) The other Martians protect him.
5. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Lieutenant tell the narrator and the soldier to go?
2. Who is in front of the narrator's house when he returns to it?
3. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
4. Where does the narrator sleep when he gets to Putney Hill?
5. What is Mars the god of in Roman mythology?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)