|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
(a) The Thing.
(b) The Rocket.
(d) The Monster.
2. Where does the narrator find food in the ruined house after the curate dies?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) The basement.
(c) The scullery.
(d) The backyard.
3. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
4. What does the narrator find to eat after he decides to leave the ruined house?
(b) A rodent.
5. What is the name of the Astronomer Royal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the soldier hide until meeting the narrator?
2. About how many soldiers does the military send in response to the first cylinder crash?
3. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
4. How does the first man get into the pit?
5. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)