|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
(a) The other Martians protect him.
(b) He kills everyone nearby and then repairs it.
(c) He does not.
(d) He can repair it from inside.
2. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
3. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
(a) Thirty yards.
(b) Twenty yards.
(c) Five yards.
(d) Ten yards.
4. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
5. What does the narrator plan to do with the animal he hears outside of the house?
(a) Save it as a present for his wife.
(b) Trap and eat it.
(c) Keep it for company.
(d) Bait the Martians with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the narrator say new cylinders are falling just before he meets the curate?
2. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
3. Why does the narrator walk towards it when he hears the Martian cry?
4. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
5. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)