|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the soldier hide until meeting the narrator?
(a) In the sewer.
(b) In a house.
(c) Under a pile of leaves.
(d) Under dead bodies.
2. What animal does the narrator hear on his fifteenth day in the ruined house?
(a) A cat.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bird.
3. What is the Thunder Child?
(a) A large gun.
(b) A horse.
(c) A tank.
(d) A warship.
4. What does the narrator tell his wife about the Martians in order to reassure her?
(a) The Martians are very small.
(b) The Martians are very weak.
(c) The Martians do not seem very dangerous.
(d) The Martians move very slowly.
5. Where does the Lieutenant tell the narrator and the soldier to go?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
2. Where is the first house in which the curate and narrator take refuge?
3. What kills the Martians?
4. How is the soldier described who travels with the narrator?
5. How long do the curate and the narrator stay in the first house?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)