|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He gets into a fight.
(c) He runs into his wife.
(d) He steals a horse.
2. Who ultimately kills the men who are attacking the two women?
(a) A passerby.
(b) The older woman.
(c) The narrator's brother.
(d) The younger woman.
3. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
(a) 8:00 PM.
(b) 11:00 AM.
(c) 3:00 PM.
4. How far is Mars from Earth?
(a) 45 million miles.
(b) 20 million miles.
(c) 15 million miles.
(d) 35 million miles.
5. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
(a) They insist on calling the military for help.
(b) They think that the visitors must be crazy.
(c) They become angry at the visitors.
(d) They become very alarmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
2. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
3. How many houses around the pit catch fire on Friday night?
4. The soldier believes that the Martians have built a machine that can do what?
5. What does the Committee of Public Safety do when they meet the narrator's brother?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)