|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator attempt to keep the curate from using up their resources?
(a) He pleads with him.
(b) He promises to get more soon.
(c) He fights him.
(d) He hides most things from the curate.
2. Where does the narrator decide to take his wife when his chimney is cracked?
3. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
(a) A man.
(b) A Martian invader.
(c) An animal.
(d) A strange creature.
4. Where do the curate and narrator first see other people?
5. How long do the curate and the narrator stay in the first house?
(a) One week.
(b) Seven hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area of knowledge does the narrator say the Martians are clearly superior?
2. Who is in front of the narrator's house when he returns to it?
3. How does the narrator see outside on the first morning in the ruined house?
4. How does the narrator paddle across the river when he finds a small boat?
5. Where is the curate's body before the Martians take it?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)