|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many houses around the pit catch fire on Friday night?
2. Where does the soldier hide until meeting the narrator?
(a) In a house.
(b) Under dead bodies.
(c) In the sewer.
(d) Under a pile of leaves.
3. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
(a) A metal shield.
(b) A tree trunk.
(c) A mound of sand.
(d) A group of soldiers.
4. What is the curate doing when the narrator first meets him?
(a) Looking for money in the narrator's pockets.
(c) Making a fire.
(d) Trying to find food.
5. What happens to the narrator's horse when he goes back to Woking?
(a) It falls and breaks its neck.
(b) It runs away.
(c) It throws him off.
(d) Someone steals it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator see in the sky as he goes to town on his way back from the inn?
2. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
3. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
4. Where does the narrator find food after he meets with the soldier for the second time?
5. How is the soldier described who travels with the narrator?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)