|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
(b) A soldier.
(c) A construction worker.
2. What does the narrator see in the sky as he goes to town on his way back from the inn?
(a) A third cylinder falling.
(b) A lunar eclipse.
(c) A rocket.
(d) A military missile.
3. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
4. What color is the weed that seems to be everywhere around the ruined house?
5. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
(b) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
(c) Evacuate Immediately.
(d) Message Received From Mars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the narrator and the curate decide to leave the riverbank?
2. Who is in front of the narrator's house when he returns to it?
3. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
4. Who is Ogilvy?
5. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)