|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
2. Where does the narrator decide to take his wife when his chimney is cracked?
3. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
4. What is the curate doing when the narrator first meets him?
(a) Making a fire.
(b) Trying to find food.
(d) Looking for money in the narrator's pockets.
5. What animal does the narrator hear on his fifteenth day in the ruined house?
(a) A bird.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the narrator's brother able to help the two women subdue their attackers?
2. Why is the narrator eager to get back to Woking after taking his wife to the inn?
3. What does the narrator's brother decide to do when he hears that food may be available if he waits?
4. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
5. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)