|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
(a) A British flag.
(b) A heart.
(c) A peace sign.
(d) A white flag.
2. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
3. How much does the curate eat when he and the narrator are trapped in the ruined house?
(a) More than his share.
(c) Only a little food.
(d) About half of the food.
4. Where do the curate and narrator first see other people?
5. What does the narrator's brother here about London as he travels with the two women?
(a) The Martians have burned it to the ground.
(b) The Martians have taken it over.
(c) The military is on the way there.
(d) The military has killed the Martians there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can survive the heat ray?
2. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
3. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
4. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
5. What is the Thunder Child?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)