|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time does the narrator spend in the ruined house in total?
(a) Four days.
(b) Fifteen days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
(a) News of the Day.
(b) The Post-Dispatch.
(c) The Daily Chronicle.
(d) The Woking Journal.
3. Where does the soldier hide until meeting the narrator?
(a) In the sewer.
(b) Under a pile of leaves.
(c) In a house.
(d) Under dead bodies.
4. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
(a) They are arrested.
(b) They are crushed.
(c) They are captured by Martians.
(d) They are shot.
5. How is the narrator's brother able to help the two women subdue their attackers?
(a) He is an expert boxer.
(b) He helps them ride away.
(c) He bribes them to leave the women alone.
(d) He shoots them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
2. What do the soldier and the narrator bring with them when they decide to leave Woking?
3. What does the Committee of Public Safety do when they meet the narrator's brother?
4. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
5. How do most people react to the invasion on the first Friday after the cylinder lands?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)