|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
(a) About half.
(b) About one-quarter.
(c) About three-quarters.
(d) About twice as much.
2. In what year did the Martian invasion begin?
3. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
(a) The Astronomical Exchange.
(b) Astronomers United.
(c) The National Association of Astronomers.
(d) The League of Astronomers.
4. Where does the narrator's brother live?
5. How far does the narrator have to drive his wife in the cart?
(a) Ten miles.
(b) Twelve blocks.
(c) Twelve miles.
(d) Seven miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men trying to do when they attack the two women in the cart?
2. About how many soldiers does the military send in response to the first cylinder crash?
3. Where does the Lieutenant tell the narrator and the soldier to go?
4. Who does the narrator say he finds reassuring the morning before he is forced to flee?
5. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)