|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do most people react to the invasion on the first Friday after the cylinder lands?
(a) They are very curious about what is happening.
(b) They have not taken much notice of it.
(c) They are demanding action from the military.
(d) They are keeping a close eye on the pit in shifts.
2. What does the Committee of Public Safety do when they meet the narrator's brother?
(a) Steal his horse.
(b) Fight him.
(c) Give him food.
(d) Give him money.
3. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(c) One hundred.
4. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
5. Who ultimately kills the men who are attacking the two women?
(a) A passerby.
(b) The narrator's brother.
(c) The older woman.
(d) The younger woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
2. What does the soldier do who pairs up with the narrator?
3. Why do the narrator and soldier decide to take a long route when leaving Woking?
4. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
5. Why does the curate go with the narrator after they leave the first house?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)