|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marshall?
(a) A tobacconist.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A soldier.
2. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
(a) Very little.
(b) He and the narrator sleep in shifts throughout the day.
(c) All day.
(d) All night.
3. How is the narrator's brother able to help the two women subdue their attackers?
(a) He helps them ride away.
(b) He bribes them to leave the women alone.
(c) He is an expert boxer.
(d) He shoots them.
4. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
(a) Tell the narrator to leave.
(c) Shoot into the pit.
5. How far does the narrator have to drive his wife in the cart?
(a) Ten miles.
(b) Seven miles.
(c) Twelve miles.
(d) Twelve blocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
2. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
3. Where do the Martian disks first emerge according to the soldier?
4. Where does the narrator decide to take his wife when his chimney is cracked?
5. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)