|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
(a) A British flag.
(b) A heart.
(c) A white flag.
(d) A peace sign.
2. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He panics.
(b) He decides to hide.
(c) He heads back to the crash site.
(d) He makes plans to leave town.
3. What is a "sapper?"
(a) A member of the Navy.
(b) A man who makes syrup.
(c) A skilled front-line soldier.
(d) A bar owner.
4. What does the narrator see the Martians do from the ruined house?
(a) Force humans to fight with them.
(b) Kill a little boy.
(c) Fight with each other.
(d) Build another weapon.
5. On what kind of transportation does the narrator's brother begin his escape?
(a) A cart.
(b) A boat.
(c) A train.
(d) A bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
2. Where does the narrator find food in the ruined house after the curate dies?
3. Who does not die in the heat ray?
4. Where do the Martian disks first emerge according to the soldier?
5. How does the first man get into the pit?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)