|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the narrator and the curate decide to leave the riverbank?
(a) The Martians are getting closer.
(b) They want to find other people.
(c) Soldiers tell them to leave.
(d) They hear gunfire.
2. How is the soldier separated from his unit?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He was discharged.
(c) They abadoned him.
(d) His horse fell.
3. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
(a) A peace sign.
(b) A heart.
(c) A white flag.
(d) A British flag.
4. In what year did the Martian invasion begin?
5. What animal does the narrator hear on his fifteenth day in the ruined house?
(a) A bird.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
2. How does the narrator paddle across the river when he finds a small boat?
3. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
4. Where does the Lieutenant tell the narrator and the soldier to go?
5. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)