|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
(a) A piece of glass.
(b) A chair leg.
(c) A lump of coal.
(d) A doorknob.
2. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
(a) Yelling at it.
(b) Daring each other to touch it.
(c) Trying to open it.
(d) Throwing rocks at it.
3. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(b) One hundred.
4. Who ultimately kills the men who are attacking the two women?
(a) A passerby.
(b) The younger woman.
(c) The narrator's brother.
(d) The older woman.
5. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
(a) 160 million miles.
(b) 140,000 miles.
(c) 160,000 miles.
(d) 140 million miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
2. Why is the narrator eager to get back to Woking after taking his wife to the inn?
3. As he watches from the ruined house, the narrator sees a Martian pick up a person from where?
4. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
5. What is a curate?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)