|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator start calling the tripods when he travels with the curate?
(c) Martian fighting machines.
(d) Death machines.
2. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
3. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They are captured by Martians.
(c) They are arrested.
(d) They are crushed.
4. As he watches from the ruined house, the narrator sees a Martian pick up a person from where?
(a) A cage.
(b) A bush.
(c) A cart.
(d) A house.
5. Why is the narrator's brother forced to abandon his first mode of transportation?
(a) He borrowed it and has to give it back.
(b) He loses it.
(c) Someone demands that he give it to them.
(d) It breaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the first man get into the pit?
2. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
3. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
4. Why is the narrator eager to get back to Woking after taking his wife to the inn?
5. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)