|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
(a) A piece of glass.
(b) A chair leg.
(c) A doorknob.
(d) A lump of coal.
2. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
(a) They are crushed.
(b) They are captured by Martians.
(c) They are shot.
(d) They are arrested.
3. How often does the narrator say new cylinders are falling just before he meets the curate?
(a) Every day.
(b) Every week.
(c) Every hour.
(d) Every other day.
4. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) On the common.
(b) The train station.
(c) His house.
(d) In a restaurant.
5. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
(a) Frantically evacuating.
(b) Calmly packing their things.
(c) Standing in line for food.
(d) Boarding up their houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
2. How much time does the narrator spend in the ruined house in total?
3. How does the author risk his safety on his tenth day in the ruined house?
4. Where is the curate's body before the Martians take it?
5. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)