|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do the curate and the narrator stay in the first house?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) Seven hours.
(d) Two days.
2. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
(a) A piece of glass.
(b) A lump of coal.
(c) A chair leg.
(d) A doorknob.
3. How does the first man get into the pit?
(a) The crowd pushes him in.
(b) He jumps in.
(c) He slips on the edge.
(d) A Martian pulls him in.
4. What does the narrator drink when he gets back to his house for the first time?
5. What color are the gas jets?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator see the Martians do from the ruined house?
2. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
3. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
4. How does the narrator see outside on the first morning in the ruined house?
5. Where is the curate's body before the Martians take it?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)