|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does the narrator say new cylinders are falling just before he meets the curate?
(a) Every day.
(b) Every hour.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Every week.
2. What does the narrator see the Martians do from the ruined house?
(a) Kill a little boy.
(b) Force humans to fight with them.
(c) Build another weapon.
(d) Fight with each other.
3. Where is the first house in which the curate and narrator take refuge?
4. Where does the narrator's brother live?
5. What does the Committee of Public Safety do when they meet the narrator's brother?
(a) Give him food.
(b) Steal his horse.
(c) Give him money.
(d) Fight him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
2. How far is Mars from Earth?
3. What does the narrator refer to as The Thing when he comes back to town after taking his wife away?
4. Who is Henderson?
5. Who is Marshall?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)