|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the gas jets?
2. What does the narrator start calling the tripods when he travels with the curate?
(c) Death machines.
(d) Martian fighting machines.
3. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
(a) About half.
(b) About one-quarter.
(c) About three-quarters.
(d) About twice as much.
4. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
5. Why does the curate go with the narrator after they leave the first house?
(a) He thinks that the narrator is a good leader.
(b) The narrator may be able to help him get home.
(c) He does not want to be alone.
(d) He does not want the narrator to be left alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator's brother live?
2. What happens to the house near Kew when the narrator and curate take refuge there?
3. Where is the first house in which the curate and narrator take refuge?
4. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
5. Why is the young boy yelling in the middle of town on the Friday evening after the cylinder crashes?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)