|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the narrator's horse when he goes back to Woking?
(a) It throws him off.
(b) Someone steals it.
(c) It falls and breaks its neck.
(d) It runs away.
2. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
(a) A construction worker.
(c) The narrator.
3. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
(a) They become angry at the visitors.
(b) They think that the visitors must be crazy.
(c) They become very alarmed.
(d) They insist on calling the military for help.
4. As he watches from the ruined house, the narrator sees a Martian pick up a person from where?
(a) A cage.
(b) A cart.
(c) A house.
(d) A bush.
5. What does the narrator's brother decide to do when he hears that food may be available if he waits?
(a) Keep going.
(b) Go find food.
(c) Demand food from other evacuees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
2. Where is the curate's body before the Martians take it?
3. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
4. What do the soldier and the narrator bring with them when they decide to leave Woking?
5. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)