|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the narrator and the curate decide to leave the riverbank?
(a) The Martians are getting closer.
(b) They hear gunfire.
(c) They want to find other people.
(d) Soldiers tell them to leave.
2. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
(a) A Martian invader.
(b) A strange creature.
(c) A man.
(d) An animal.
3. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
4. How much does the curate eat when he and the narrator are trapped in the ruined house?
(a) About half of the food.
(b) Only a little food.
(d) More than his share.
5. What is a curate?
(a) A clergyman.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Martians eat?
2. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
3. What happens to the narrator's horse when he goes back to Woking?
4. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
5. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)