|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He makes plans to leave town.
(b) He decides to hide.
(c) He panics.
(d) He heads back to the crash site.
2. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
(b) A Martian.
(c) Green smoke.
(d) A missle.
3. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
(a) They laugh at him.
(b) They push him.
(c) They pry him for details.
(d) They ignore him.
4. What is a "sapper?"
(a) A skilled front-line soldier.
(b) A member of the Navy.
(c) A bar owner.
(d) A man who makes syrup.
5. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
(a) The Astronomical Exchange.
(b) The League of Astronomers.
(c) Astronomers United.
(d) The National Association of Astronomers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the young boy yelling in the middle of town on the Friday evening after the cylinder crashes?
2. Where does the narrator hide when he sees The Thing?
3. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
4. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
5. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)