|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
(a) Excitement and fear.
(b) Fear and anger.
(c) Fear and curiosity.
(d) Excitement and anger.
2. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
(a) The Martians have not been reported as a threat.
(b) He gets a letter from the narrator.
(c) His wife tells him not to worry.
(d) He does not believe that the Martians exist.
3. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
(a) His own story was getting boring.
(b) To show the evacuation of his brother's city.
(c) To show how brave his brother is.
(d) To show how much stronger he is than his brother.
4. What color are the gas jets?
5. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the Martian invasion begin?
2. What animal does the narrator hear on his fifteenth day in the ruined house?
3. How long do the curate and the narrator stay in the first house?
4. What disability does Henderson have?
5. How far is Mars from Earth?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)