|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator eager to get back to Woking after taking his wife to the inn?
(a) He is afraid something will happen to his house.
(b) He wants to try to signal the Martians.
(c) He wants to gather his possessions.
(d) He wants to see the Martians die.
2. Where are the Martian's ears located?
(a) Next to their mouths.
(b) On the back of their heads.
(c) On their hands.
(d) On their foreheads.
3. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Lord Vasser.
(b) Lord William.
(c) Lord Harrington.
(d) Lord Hilton.
4. What is the curate doing when the narrator first meets him?
(b) Making a fire.
(c) Looking for money in the narrator's pockets.
(d) Trying to find food.
5. Where is the first house in which the curate and narrator take refuge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the government officials go when the Martians attack London?
2. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
3. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
4. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
5. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)