|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator attempt to keep the curate from using up their resources?
(a) He hides most things from the curate.
(b) He fights him.
(c) He pleads with him.
(d) He promises to get more soon.
2. How does the Lieutenant respond to the soldier and narrator's story when meeting them?
(a) He says that he will protect them.
(b) He accuses them of being insane.
(c) He does not believe them.
(d) He says that he saw the same things they did.
3. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
(b) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
(c) Evacuate Immediately.
(d) Message Received From Mars.
4. What is the name of the Astronomer Royal?
5. What do the Martians bring with them in the cylinders?
(b) Small animals.
(d) Materials to build dwellings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
2. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
3. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
4. What color is the first Martian's skin?
5. What color are the gas jets?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)