|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
2. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
(a) He fights with them.
(b) The Martians do not see him.
(c) He hides in the water.
(d) A soldier helps him get away.
3. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
(a) 11:00 AM.
(b) 3:00 PM.
(c) 8:00 PM.
4. Where is the curate's body before the Martians take it?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
5. What does the narrator refer to as The Thing when he comes back to town after taking his wife away?
(a) A new Martian weapon.
(b) A Martian tripod.
(c) A dead Martian.
(d) The heat ray.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator decide to take his wife when his chimney is cracked?
2. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
3. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
4. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
5. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)