|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
(a) It is hidden.
(b) It is invisible.
(c) It does not exist.
(d) It is made of unknown materials.
2. How is the narrator's brother able to help the two women subdue their attackers?
(a) He shoots them.
(b) He is an expert boxer.
(c) He helps them ride away.
(d) He bribes them to leave the women alone.
3. Where do the narrator and curate sleep in the ruined house?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In a scullery.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the attic.
4. What do the Martians eat?
(a) Small animals.
(d) Rocks and other minerals.
5. What does the narrator tell his wife about the Martians in order to reassure her?
(a) The Martians are very weak.
(b) The Martians move very slowly.
(c) The Martians do not seem very dangerous.
(d) The Martians are very small.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
2. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
3. What is the curate doing when the narrator first meets him?
4. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
5. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)