|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 5, The Stillness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
(a) Throwing rocks at it.
(b) Daring each other to touch it.
(c) Trying to open it.
(d) Yelling at it.
2. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
(a) Calmly packing their things.
(b) Standing in line for food.
(c) Boarding up their houses.
(d) Frantically evacuating.
3. What is a "sapper?"
(a) A bar owner.
(b) A man who makes syrup.
(c) A member of the Navy.
(d) A skilled front-line soldier.
4. How does the narrator see outside on the first morning in the ruined house?
(a) There is a small window.
(b) There is an opening in the wall.
(c) He opens the door.
(d) He can't.
5. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(a) A faint stirring.
(d) Someone banging on the walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
2. What color are the gas jets?
3. Why is the narrator eager to get back to Woking after taking his wife to the inn?
4. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
5. What does the narrator see the Martians do from the ruined house?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)