|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
2. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
(a) They are captured by Martians.
(b) They are crushed.
(c) They are arrested.
(d) They are shot.
3. What is a "sapper?"
(a) A man who makes syrup.
(b) A skilled front-line soldier.
(c) A member of the Navy.
(d) A bar owner.
4. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
(a) He kills everyone nearby and then repairs it.
(b) He does not.
(c) The other Martians protect him.
(d) He can repair it from inside.
5. How does the Lieutenant respond to the soldier and narrator's story when meeting them?
(a) He says that he will protect them.
(b) He says that he saw the same things they did.
(c) He does not believe them.
(d) He accuses them of being insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
2. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
3. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
4. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
5. Who is Ogilvy?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)