|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
(a) A mound of sand.
(b) A group of soldiers.
(c) A tree trunk.
(d) A metal shield.
2. What happens to the narrator's horse when he goes back to Woking?
(a) It throws him off.
(b) Someone steals it.
(c) It falls and breaks its neck.
(d) It runs away.
3. What does the narrator tell his wife about the Martians in order to reassure her?
(a) The Martians are very weak.
(b) The Martians are very small.
(c) The Martians move very slowly.
(d) The Martians do not seem very dangerous.
4. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
5. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
(a) He does not believe that the Martians exist.
(b) His wife tells him not to worry.
(c) He gets a letter from the narrator.
(d) The Martians have not been reported as a threat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
2. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
3. What is a curate?
4. Why is the young boy yelling in the middle of town on the Friday evening after the cylinder crashes?
5. What are the gas jets in the sky originally assumed to be?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)