|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator hide when he sees The Thing?
(a) In a ditch.
(b) Behind a tree.
(c) In a shack.
(d) Under a piece of wood.
2. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
(b) Message Received From Mars.
(c) Evacuate Immediately.
(d) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
3. How is the soldier separated from his unit?
(a) They abadoned him.
(b) His horse fell.
(c) He was discharged.
(d) He ran away.
4. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
(a) A metal shield.
(b) A mound of sand.
(c) A group of soldiers.
(d) A tree trunk.
5. Who does the narrator say he finds reassuring the morning before he is forced to flee?
(a) The milkman.
(b) His wife.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the gas jets?
2. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
3. How far does the narrator have to drive his wife in the cart?
4. What happens to the narrator when he reaches the other bank in the small boat?
5. Who ultimately kills the men who are attacking the two women?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)