|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
(a) The Post-Dispatch.
(b) News of the Day.
(c) The Daily Chronicle.
(d) The Woking Journal.
2. What are the gas jets in the sky originally assumed to be?
3. How long do the curate and the narrator stay in the first house?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) Seven hours.
(d) One week.
4. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
(a) The Thing.
(b) The Monster.
(c) The Rocket.
5. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
(a) The narrator.
(b) A construction worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator say he finds reassuring the morning before he is forced to flee?
2. What are the men trying to do when they attack the two women in the cart?
3. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
4. Where does the narrator's brother live?
5. Who is Henderson?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)