|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
(a) Shooting at him.
(b) Attacking him.
(c) Ignoring him.
(d) Pulling him into the pit.
2. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
(b) Large black tubes.
(d) Sharp blades.
3. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
4. How does the narrator paddle across the river when he finds a small boat?
(a) He has paddles.
(b) He uses his hands.
(c) He uses tools that he found.
(d) He uses sticks.
5. What disability does Henderson have?
(a) He is deaf in one ear.
(b) He has a speech impediment.
(c) He cannot walk.
(d) He cannot move one of his arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
2. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
3. How often does the narrator say new cylinders are falling just before he meets the curate?
4. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
5. What does the narrator drink when he gets back to his house for the first time?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)