|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the soldier do who pairs up with the narrator?
(a) He is a sailor.
(b) He is a general.
(c) He is an artilleryman.
(d) He is a pilot.
2. About how many soldiers does the military send in response to the first cylinder crash?
(a) One thousand.
(b) One hundred
(c) Four hundred.
3. What does the narrator's brother decide to do when he hears that food may be available if he waits?
(a) Keep going.
(b) Demand food from other evacuees.
(d) Go find food.
4. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
(a) The Daily Chronicle.
(b) News of the Day.
(c) The Post-Dispatch.
(d) The Woking Journal.
5. Where does the narrator's brother live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator hear after the shopman goes into the pit?
2. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
3. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
4. Who is Marshall?
5. How often does the narrator say new cylinders are falling just before he meets the curate?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)