|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
(a) Tell the narrator to leave.
(b) Shoot into the pit.
2. What is a "sapper?"
(a) A member of the Navy.
(b) A skilled front-line soldier.
(c) A bar owner.
(d) A man who makes syrup.
3. Where does the narrator decide to take his wife when his chimney is cracked?
4. How often does the narrator say new cylinders are falling just before he meets the curate?
(a) Every other day.
(b) Every week.
(c) Every hour.
(d) Every day.
5. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
(a) A construction worker.
(b) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
2. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
3. How does the first man get into the pit?
4. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
5. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)