|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator decide to take his wife when his chimney is cracked?
2. Who is Marshall?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A tobacconist.
3. Why does the curate go with the narrator after they leave the first house?
(a) He thinks that the narrator is a good leader.
(b) The narrator may be able to help him get home.
(c) He does not want the narrator to be left alone.
(d) He does not want to be alone.
4. How does the first man get into the pit?
(a) A Martian pulls him in.
(b) He slips on the edge.
(c) The crowd pushes him in.
(d) He jumps in.
5. Where does the Lieutenant tell the narrator and the soldier to go?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is Mars from Earth?
2. What does the narrator see in the sky as he goes to town on his way back from the inn?
3. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
4. What is the Thunder Child?
5. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)