|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see in the sky as he goes to town on his way back from the inn?
(a) A third cylinder falling.
(b) A rocket.
(c) A military missile.
(d) A lunar eclipse.
2. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
(a) A construction worker.
(b) A soldier.
3. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
(a) He runs into his wife.
(b) He gets into a fight.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He steals a horse.
4. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
(a) The narrator.
(d) A construction worker.
5. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
2. How often does the narrator say new cylinders are falling just before he meets the curate?
3. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
4. Where do the Martian disks first emerge according to the soldier?
5. Who does the narrator say he finds reassuring the morning before he is forced to flee?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)