|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
(a) It emits toxic smoke.
(b) It knocks down enemy vehicles.
(c) It works as a mounted gun on the tripods.
(d) It shoots fire.
2. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
(a) Attacking him.
(b) Shooting at him.
(c) Ignoring him.
(d) Pulling him into the pit.
3. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
(a) A strange creature.
(b) A Martian invader.
(c) A man.
(d) An animal.
4. What does the narrator hear after the shopman goes into the pit?
(a) A scream.
(b) A confused noise.
(c) A cry for help.
5. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
(a) A construction worker.
(b) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
2. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
3. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
4. What is Mars the god of in Roman mythology?
5. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)