|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Lieutenant respond to the soldier and narrator's story when meeting them?
(a) He does not believe them.
(b) He says that he saw the same things they did.
(c) He accuses them of being insane.
(d) He says that he will protect them.
2. In what area of knowledge does the narrator say the Martians are clearly superior?
3. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
(a) They are angry.
(b) It scares them.
(c) They are disappointed.
(d) They are indifferent to it.
4. How far is Mars from Earth?
(a) 45 million miles.
(b) 35 million miles.
(c) 15 million miles.
(d) 20 million miles.
5. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
(a) Throwing rocks at it.
(b) Trying to open it.
(c) Daring each other to touch it.
(d) Yelling at it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
2. What can survive the heat ray?
3. What does the narrator tell his wife about the Martians in order to reassure her?
4. What is the curate doing when the narrator first meets him?
5. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)