|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He tries to fight it.
(c) He yells for help.
(d) He stays where he is.
2. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
(a) To show how much stronger he is than his brother.
(b) To show the evacuation of his brother's city.
(c) To show how brave his brother is.
(d) His own story was getting boring.
3. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Open it.
(c) Dig it out.
(d) Study it.
4. What does the Committee of Public Safety do when they meet the narrator's brother?
(a) Fight him.
(b) Give him food.
(c) Steal his horse.
(d) Give him money.
5. Where do the Martian disks first emerge according to the soldier?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Under London.
(c) The common.
(d) A river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator's horse when he goes back to Woking?
2. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
3. How does the first man get into the pit?
4. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
5. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)