|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
(a) A shell.
(b) A tank.
(c) A firing squad.
(d) A bomb.
2. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
(a) It knocks down enemy vehicles.
(b) It emits toxic smoke.
(c) It works as a mounted gun on the tripods.
(d) It shoots fire.
3. What does the narrator drink when he gets back to his house for the first time?
4. Where do the curate and narrator first see other people?
5. How many Martians initially attack nearby the night after the narrator's brother is introduced?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
2. Where does the narrator decide to take his wife when his chimney is cracked?
3. Who is Marshall?
4. What is a "sapper?"
5. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)