|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
2. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
(a) The Rocket.
(b) The Monster.
(d) The Thing.
3. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
(a) The Woking Journal.
(b) The Post-Dispatch.
(c) The Daily Chronicle.
(d) News of the Day.
4. What is a curate?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A clergyman.
(c) A judge.
(d) A lawyer.
5. What is a "sapper?"
(a) A man who makes syrup.
(b) A bar owner.
(c) A member of the Navy.
(d) A skilled front-line soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can survive the heat ray?
2. How long do the curate and the narrator stay in the first house?
3. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
4. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
5. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)