|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Committee of Public Safety do when they meet the narrator's brother?
(a) Fight him.
(b) Give him food.
(c) Steal his horse.
(d) Give him money.
2. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Message Received From Mars.
(b) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
(c) Evacuate Immediately.
(d) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
3. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A lion.
(d) A bear.
4. What color are the gas jets?
5. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
(a) He hides in the water.
(b) The Martians do not see him.
(c) He fights with them.
(d) A soldier helps him get away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
2. Who is Henderson?
3. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
4. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
5. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)