|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
(b) A soldier.
(d) A construction worker.
2. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
(a) Boarding up their houses.
(b) Standing in line for food.
(c) Frantically evacuating.
(d) Calmly packing their things.
3. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
(a) They are disappointed.
(b) It scares them.
(c) They are indifferent to it.
(d) They are angry.
4. What are the gas jets in the sky originally assumed to be?
5. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Astronomer Royal?
2. What does the narrator's brother decide to do when he hears that food may be available if he waits?
3. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
4. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
5. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)