|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
(a) He does not have a horse.
(b) He has to go to work.
(c) He does not want to go.
(d) The trains are not running.
2. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) On the common.
(b) His house.
(c) The train station.
(d) In a restaurant.
3. What does the narrator's brother here about London as he travels with the two women?
(a) The Martians have taken it over.
(b) The military has killed the Martians there.
(c) The military is on the way there.
(d) The Martians have burned it to the ground.
4. What color is the first Martian's skin?
5. In what area of knowledge does the narrator say the Martians are clearly superior?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Martian disks first emerge according to the soldier?
2. What does the narrator start calling the tripods when he travels with the curate?
3. What does the narrator drink when he gets back to his house for the first time?
4. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
5. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)