|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
(a) Thirty yards.
(b) Five yards.
(c) Ten yards.
(d) Twenty yards.
2. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are disappointed.
(c) It scares them.
(d) They are indifferent to it.
3. How is the narrator's brother able to help the two women subdue their attackers?
(a) He bribes them to leave the women alone.
(b) He is an expert boxer.
(c) He helps them ride away.
(d) He shoots them.
4. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
(a) A tree trunk.
(b) A metal shield.
(c) A group of soldiers.
(d) A mound of sand.
5. What does the word "canard" mean?
(a) A card game.
(b) A distraction.
(c) A false story.
(d) A worthless object.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
2. What color is the first Martian's skin?
3. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
4. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
5. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)