|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the narrator's horse when he goes back to Woking?
(a) It runs away.
(b) It falls and breaks its neck.
(c) It throws him off.
(d) Someone steals it.
2. How is the narrator's brother able to help the two women subdue their attackers?
(a) He bribes them to leave the women alone.
(b) He helps them ride away.
(c) He is an expert boxer.
(d) He shoots them.
3. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
(b) Tell the narrator to leave.
(c) Shoot into the pit.
4. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Open it.
(c) Study it.
(d) Dig it out.
5. Where is the first house in which the curate and narrator take refuge?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
2. What does the soldier do who pairs up with the narrator?
3. What disability does Henderson have?
4. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
5. Where do the curate and narrator first see other people?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)