|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the narrator's horse when he goes back to Woking?
(a) It falls and breaks its neck.
(b) Someone steals it.
(c) It throws him off.
(d) It runs away.
2. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He panics.
(b) He decides to hide.
(c) He heads back to the crash site.
(d) He makes plans to leave town.
3. Who does the narrator say he finds reassuring the morning before he is forced to flee?
(a) The milkman.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A policeman.
(d) His wife.
4. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(a) Someone banging on the walls.
(b) A faint stirring.
5. Where does the narrator's brother live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ultimately kills the men who are attacking the two women?
2. What does the narrator's brother decide to do when he hears that food may be available if he waits?
3. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
4. How does the narrator paddle across the river when he finds a small boat?
5. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)