|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Lieutenant tell the narrator and the soldier to go?
2. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
(a) To show how brave his brother is.
(b) To show how much stronger he is than his brother.
(c) His own story was getting boring.
(d) To show the evacuation of his brother's city.
3. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
4. Who does not die in the heat ray?
(b) A Martian.
5. Where is the first house in which the curate and narrator take refuge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator say he finds reassuring the morning before he is forced to flee?
2. How is the narrator's brother able to help the two women subdue their attackers?
3. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
4. How does the narrator paddle across the river when he finds a small boat?
5. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)