|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
2. What does the word "canard" mean?
(a) A worthless object.
(b) A false story.
(c) A distraction.
(d) A card game.
3. What is a "sapper?"
(a) A bar owner.
(b) A member of the Navy.
(c) A man who makes syrup.
(d) A skilled front-line soldier.
4. How does the narrator paddle across the river when he finds a small boat?
(a) He has paddles.
(b) He uses tools that he found.
(c) He uses his hands.
(d) He uses sticks.
5. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
(a) The gravity is too strong.
(b) The Martians cannot see very well.
(c) There is not enough nitrogen in the air.
(d) There is no food for them on Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disability does Henderson have?
2. Who does not die in the heat ray?
3. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
4. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
5. What does the soldier do who pairs up with the narrator?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)