|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 1, Under Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator decide to take his wife when his chimney is cracked?
2. What does the narrator hear after the shopman goes into the pit?
(a) A confused noise.
(c) A cry for help.
(d) A scream.
3. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
4. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
(a) Twenty yards.
(b) Five yards.
(c) Thirty yards.
(d) Ten yards.
5. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He decides to hide.
(b) He panics.
(c) He makes plans to leave town.
(d) He heads back to the crash site.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
2. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
3. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
4. How far is Mars from Earth?
5. What does the narrator see in the sky as he goes to town on his way back from the inn?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)