|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
(a) A heart.
(b) A peace sign.
(c) A British flag.
(d) A white flag.
2. Who is Marshall?
(a) A tobacconist.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A fisherman.
(d) A farmer.
3. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
4. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
(a) Thirty yards.
(b) Ten yards.
(c) Five yards.
(d) Twenty yards.
5. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area of knowledge does the narrator say the Martians are clearly superior?
2. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
3. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
4. In what year did the Martian invasion begin?
5. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)