|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
(a) He gets into a fight.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He steals a horse.
(d) He runs into his wife.
2. Why is the young boy yelling in the middle of town on the Friday evening after the cylinder crashes?
(a) He is alarmed about the Martians.
(b) He is just trying to get attention.
(c) He is trying to cause trouble.
(d) He is selling newspapers.
3. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
4. What does the narrator hear after the shopman goes into the pit?
(a) A cry for help.
(b) A scream.
(c) A confused noise.
5. Where does the soldier hide until meeting the narrator?
(a) Under dead bodies.
(b) In a house.
(c) Under a pile of leaves.
(d) In the sewer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
2. How many houses around the pit catch fire on Friday night?
3. Where does the narrator hide when he sees The Thing?
4. What is a "sapper?"
5. Where do the Martian disks first emerge according to the soldier?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)