|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator hide when he sees The Thing?
(a) Under a piece of wood.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) In a shack.
(d) Behind a tree.
2. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(a) One hundred.
3. What is a Deputation?
(a) A group of police officers.
(b) A group of journalists.
(c) A group of soldiers.
(d) A group of delegates.
4. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
(b) The narrator.
(c) A construction worker.
5. Who does not die in the heat ray?
(d) A Martian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator see in the sky as he goes to town on his way back from the inn?
2. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
3. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
4. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
5. What do the soldier and the narrator bring with them when they decide to leave Woking?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)