|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see in the sky as he goes to town on his way back from the inn?
(a) A rocket.
(b) A lunar eclipse.
(c) A third cylinder falling.
(d) A military missile.
2. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
3. Where does the narrator hide when he sees The Thing?
(a) In a shack.
(b) Under a piece of wood.
(c) In a ditch.
(d) Behind a tree.
4. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
(a) He fights with them.
(b) A soldier helps him get away.
(c) The Martians do not see him.
(d) He hides in the water.
5. How far is Mars from Earth?
(a) 15 million miles.
(b) 45 million miles.
(c) 35 million miles.
(d) 20 million miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
2. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
3. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
4. What color are the gas jets?
5. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)