|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(d) One hundred.
2. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
3. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
(a) He stays where he is.
(b) He yells for help.
(c) He tries to fight it.
(d) He runs away.
4. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
(a) Yelling at it.
(b) Daring each other to touch it.
(c) Throwing rocks at it.
(d) Trying to open it.
5. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
2. Where does the narrator hide when he sees The Thing?
3. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
4. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
5. What color is the first Martian's skin?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)