|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
(a) They are crushed.
(b) They are captured by Martians.
(c) They are shot.
(d) They are arrested.
2. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
(a) The Woking Journal.
(b) The Post-Dispatch.
(c) News of the Day.
(d) The Daily Chronicle.
3. About how many soldiers does the military send in response to the first cylinder crash?
(b) Four hundred.
(c) One thousand.
(d) One hundred
4. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
(a) A white flag.
(b) A peace sign.
(c) A heart.
(d) A British flag.
5. What is a "sapper?"
(a) A skilled front-line soldier.
(b) A bar owner.
(c) A man who makes syrup.
(d) A member of the Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most people react to the invasion on the first Friday after the cylinder lands?
2. Where does the Lieutenant tell the narrator and the soldier to go?
3. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
4. What color are the gas jets?
5. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)