|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
(a) Throwing rocks at it.
(b) Trying to open it.
(c) Yelling at it.
(d) Daring each other to touch it.
2. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
(a) Pulling him into the pit.
(b) Ignoring him.
(c) Shooting at him.
(d) Attacking him.
3. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
(a) He runs into his wife.
(b) He gets into a fight.
(c) He steals a horse.
(d) He passes out.
4. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
(c) A soldier.
(d) A construction worker.
5. About how many soldiers does the military send in response to the first cylinder crash?
(a) One thousand.
(c) One hundred
(d) Four hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
2. What does the narrator refer to as The Thing when he comes back to town after taking his wife away?
3. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
4. How do most people react to the invasion on the first Friday after the cylinder lands?
5. How does the Lieutenant respond to the soldier and narrator's story when meeting them?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)