|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator hide when he sees The Thing?
(a) In a ditch.
(b) Behind a tree.
(c) In a shack.
(d) Under a piece of wood.
2. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Study it.
(b) Open it.
(c) Destroy it.
(d) Dig it out.
3. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
(a) Tell the narrator to leave.
(d) Shoot into the pit.
4. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
(b) One hundred.
5. Why do the narrator and soldier decide to take a long route when leaving Woking?
(a) The long route will be safer.
(b) The direct road is crowded with people.
(c) The direct road has been blocked.
(d) There may be food on the long route.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the gas jets in the sky originally assumed to be?
2. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
3. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
4. What does the word "canard" mean?
5. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)