|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He steals a horse.
(c) He runs into his wife.
(d) He gets into a fight.
2. What color are the gas jets?
3. Where does the narrator hide when he sees The Thing?
(a) In a ditch.
(b) In a shack.
(c) Under a piece of wood.
(d) Behind a tree.
4. How does the first man get into the pit?
(a) He slips on the edge.
(b) A Martian pulls him in.
(c) He jumps in.
(d) The crowd pushes him in.
5. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They laugh at him.
(c) They pry him for details.
(d) They push him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the Martian invasion begin?
2. What do the soldier and the narrator bring with them when they decide to leave Woking?
3. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
4. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
5. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)