|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
(a) The gravity is too strong.
(b) The Martians cannot see very well.
(c) There is not enough nitrogen in the air.
(d) There is no food for them on Earth.
2. What must first be present in order for life to begin according to the narrator?
(d) Temperature cooling.
3. Why do the narrator and soldier decide to take a long route when leaving Woking?
(a) The long route will be safer.
(b) The direct road has been blocked.
(c) There may be food on the long route.
(d) The direct road is crowded with people.
4. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
5. Where do the Martian disks first emerge according to the soldier?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Under London.
(c) The common.
(d) A river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marshall?
2. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
3. What do the soldier and the narrator bring with them when they decide to leave Woking?
4. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
5. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)