|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not die in the heat ray?
(d) A Martian.
2. How does the first man get into the pit?
(a) He slips on the edge.
(b) He jumps in.
(c) A Martian pulls him in.
(d) The crowd pushes him in.
3. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Lord William.
(b) Lord Vasser.
(c) Lord Harrington.
(d) Lord Hilton.
4. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
(a) Frantically evacuating.
(b) Calmly packing their things.
(c) Boarding up their houses.
(d) Standing in line for food.
5. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It is made of unknown materials.
(c) It is hidden.
(d) It is invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Deputation?
2. Where does the soldier hide until meeting the narrator?
3. What color is the first Martian's skin?
4. How far is Mars from Earth?
5. In what area of knowledge does the narrator say the Martians are clearly superior?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)