|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
2. What is a Deputation?
(a) A group of police officers.
(b) A group of journalists.
(c) A group of delegates.
(d) A group of soldiers.
3. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
(a) One hundred.
4. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
(a) Throwing rocks at it.
(b) Yelling at it.
(c) Daring each other to touch it.
(d) Trying to open it.
5. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
(a) He steals a horse.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He runs into his wife.
(d) He gets into a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
2. In what year did the Martian invasion begin?
3. What is a "sapper?"
4. In what area of knowledge does the narrator say the Martians are clearly superior?
5. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)