|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
(b) A Martian.
(c) Green smoke.
(d) A missle.
2. Where does the soldier hide until meeting the narrator?
(a) In the sewer.
(b) In a house.
(c) Under dead bodies.
(d) Under a pile of leaves.
3. How does the first man get into the pit?
(a) The crowd pushes him in.
(b) He jumps in.
(c) He slips on the edge.
(d) A Martian pulls him in.
4. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
(b) The narrator.
(d) A construction worker.
5. What happens to the narrator's horse when he goes back to Woking?
(a) It falls and breaks its neck.
(b) Someone steals it.
(c) It runs away.
(d) It throws him off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
2. Where do the Martian disks first emerge according to the soldier?
3. What can survive the heat ray?
4. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
5. Who is Henderson?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)