|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disability does Henderson have?
(a) He is deaf in one ear.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) He has a speech impediment.
(d) He cannot move one of his arms.
2. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
(a) A lion.
(b) A bear.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
3. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
4. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
(a) Tell the narrator to leave.
(b) Shoot into the pit.
5. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
(a) Green smoke.
(c) A missle.
(d) A Martian.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
2. What does the word "canard" mean?
3. Where does the soldier hide until meeting the narrator?
4. How long has it been since the soldier has eaten when he first teams up with the narrator?
5. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)