|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
2. What happens to the narrator's horse when he goes back to Woking?
(a) It throws him off.
(b) Someone steals it.
(c) It runs away.
(d) It falls and breaks its neck.
3. Where does the soldier hide until meeting the narrator?
(a) Under a pile of leaves.
(b) In a house.
(c) In the sewer.
(d) Under dead bodies.
4. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
(a) They push him.
(b) They pry him for details.
(c) They laugh at him.
(d) They ignore him.
5. What color is the first Martian's skin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the narrator and soldier decide to take a long route when leaving Woking?
2. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
3. What is a Deputation?
4. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
5. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)