|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
2. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(a) Someone banging on the walls.
(b) A faint stirring.
3. In what year did the Martian invasion begin?
4. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) His house.
(b) The train station.
(c) On the common.
(d) In a restaurant.
5. Who is Ogilvy?
(a) A philosopher.
(b) An astronomer.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A laborer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
2. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
3. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
4. In what area of knowledge does the narrator say the Martians are clearly superior?
5. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)