|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Deputation?
(a) A group of police officers.
(b) A group of journalists.
(c) A group of soldiers.
(d) A group of delegates.
2. What disability does Henderson have?
(a) He cannot walk.
(b) He cannot move one of his arms.
(c) He has a speech impediment.
(d) He is deaf in one ear.
3. How is the soldier separated from his unit?
(a) His horse fell.
(b) He was discharged.
(c) They abadoned him.
(d) He ran away.
4. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(b) Someone banging on the walls.
(d) A faint stirring.
5. What can survive the heat ray?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "sapper?"
2. How far does the narrator have to drive his wife in the cart?
3. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
4. How many houses around the pit catch fire on Friday night?
5. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)