|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Martian disks first emerge according to the soldier?
(a) The common.
(b) A river.
(c) Under London.
(d) The ocean.
2. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
(a) The Woking Journal.
(b) News of the Day.
(c) The Post-Dispatch.
(d) The Daily Chronicle.
3. How does the Lieutenant respond to the soldier and narrator's story when meeting them?
(a) He says that he will protect them.
(b) He says that he saw the same things they did.
(c) He accuses them of being insane.
(d) He does not believe them.
4. What is a Deputation?
(a) A group of police officers.
(b) A group of soldiers.
(c) A group of journalists.
(d) A group of delegates.
5. What color are the gas jets?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator decide to take his wife when his chimney is cracked?
2. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
3. About how many soldiers does the military send in response to the first cylinder crash?
4. What is Mars the god of in Roman mythology?
5. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)