|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the first Martian's skin?
2. Where do the Martian disks first emerge according to the soldier?
(a) A river.
(b) The common.
(c) The ocean.
(d) Under London.
3. What does the narrator refer to as The Thing when he comes back to town after taking his wife away?
(a) A new Martian weapon.
(b) A dead Martian.
(c) The heat ray.
(d) A Martian tripod.
4. How does the first man get into the pit?
(a) He slips on the edge.
(b) He jumps in.
(c) A Martian pulls him in.
(d) The crowd pushes him in.
5. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
(a) Boarding up their houses.
(b) Frantically evacuating.
(c) Calmly packing their things.
(d) Standing in line for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
2. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
3. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
4. What disability does Henderson have?
5. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)