|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
2. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He tries to fight it.
(c) He stays where he is.
(d) He yells for help.
3. How long has it been since the soldier has eaten when he first teams up with the narrator?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) Ten hours.
(d) Two days.
4. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
(a) A soldier helps him get away.
(b) He fights with them.
(c) He hides in the water.
(d) The Martians do not see him.
5. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
(a) A peace sign.
(b) A heart.
(c) A white flag.
(d) A British flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soldier do who pairs up with the narrator?
2. Where does the soldier hide until meeting the narrator?
3. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
4. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
5. Why is the young boy yelling in the middle of town on the Friday evening after the cylinder crashes?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)