|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
2. Who is Marshall?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A tobacconist.
3. About how many soldiers does the military send in response to the first cylinder crash?
(a) One thousand.
(b) One hundred
(d) Four hundred.
4. What color are the gas jets?
5. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
(a) He tries to fight it.
(b) He yells for help.
(c) He stays where he is.
(d) He runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
2. What color is the first Martian's skin?
3. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
4. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
5. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)