|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see in the sky as he goes to town on his way back from the inn?
(a) A lunar eclipse.
(b) A third cylinder falling.
(c) A rocket.
(d) A military missile.
2. What does the soldier do who pairs up with the narrator?
(a) He is a sailor.
(b) He is a general.
(c) He is an artilleryman.
(d) He is a pilot.
3. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
4. How does the first man get into the pit?
(a) He jumps in.
(b) The crowd pushes him in.
(c) He slips on the edge.
(d) A Martian pulls him in.
5. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
(a) Fear and curiosity.
(b) Excitement and fear.
(c) Excitement and anger.
(d) Fear and anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
2. What does the narrator drink when he gets back to his house for the first time?
3. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
4. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
5. Who is Marshall?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)