|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
(b) A Martian.
(c) A missle.
(d) Green smoke.
2. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He heads back to the crash site.
(b) He makes plans to leave town.
(c) He decides to hide.
(d) He panics.
3. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
(b) Shoot into the pit.
(c) Tell the narrator to leave.
4. Where does the Lieutenant tell the narrator and the soldier to go?
5. Who is Ogilvy?
(a) An astronomer.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A laborer.
(d) A philosopher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
2. What does the narrator see in the sky as he goes to town on his way back from the inn?
3. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
4. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
5. Where do the Martian disks first emerge according to the soldier?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)