|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
(a) Pulling him into the pit.
(b) Shooting at him.
(c) Ignoring him.
(d) Attacking him.
2. Who does the narrator say he finds reassuring the morning before he is forced to flee?
(a) His wife.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A policeman.
(d) The milkman.
3. What does the narrator see in the sky as he goes to town on his way back from the inn?
(a) A rocket.
(b) A military missile.
(c) A lunar eclipse.
(d) A third cylinder falling.
4. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
(a) The National Association of Astronomers.
(b) Astronomers United.
(c) The Astronomical Exchange.
(d) The League of Astronomers.
5. What does the narrator refer to as The Thing when he comes back to town after taking his wife away?
(a) The heat ray.
(b) A new Martian weapon.
(c) A dead Martian.
(d) A Martian tripod.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
2. Where does the Lieutenant tell the narrator and the soldier to go?
3. What does the soldier do who pairs up with the narrator?
4. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
5. How do most people react to the invasion on the first Friday after the cylinder lands?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)