|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
(a) They are arrested.
(b) They are shot.
(c) They are captured by Martians.
(d) They are crushed.
2. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
(a) They push him.
(b) They laugh at him.
(c) They pry him for details.
(d) They ignore him.
3. What does the narrator refer to as The Thing when he comes back to town after taking his wife away?
(a) A Martian tripod.
(b) The heat ray.
(c) A new Martian weapon.
(d) A dead Martian.
4. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
(c) The narrator.
(d) A construction worker.
5. How far is Mars from Earth?
(a) 20 million miles.
(b) 15 million miles.
(c) 45 million miles.
(d) 35 million miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
2. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
3. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
4. Who is Ogilvy?
5. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)