|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) His house.
(b) The train station.
(c) On the common.
(d) In a restaurant.
2. How is the soldier separated from his unit?
(a) He ran away.
(b) His horse fell.
(c) He was discharged.
(d) They abadoned him.
3. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
4. Who does not die in the heat ray?
(b) A Martian.
5. How long has it been since the soldier has eaten when he first teams up with the narrator?
(a) One day.
(b) Two days.
(c) Ten hours.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
2. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
3. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
4. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
5. How does the Lieutenant respond to the soldier and narrator's story when meeting them?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)