|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must first be present in order for life to begin according to the narrator?
(b) Temperature cooling.
2. Why is the narrator eager to get back to Woking after taking his wife to the inn?
(a) He wants to gather his possessions.
(b) He is afraid something will happen to his house.
(c) He wants to see the Martians die.
(d) He wants to try to signal the Martians.
3. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
4. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
5. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
(a) There is no food for them on Earth.
(b) The gravity is too strong.
(c) The Martians cannot see very well.
(d) There is not enough nitrogen in the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
2. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
3. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
4. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
5. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)