|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the first Martian's skin?
2. How does the first man get into the pit?
(a) He slips on the edge.
(b) The crowd pushes him in.
(c) He jumps in.
(d) A Martian pulls him in.
3. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
(a) It is made of unknown materials.
(b) It is invisible.
(c) It does not exist.
(d) It is hidden.
4. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
(b) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
(c) Message Received From Mars.
(d) Evacuate Immediately.
5. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
(a) A Martian.
(b) A missle.
(c) Green smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
2. How far is Mars from Earth?
3. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
4. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
5. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)