|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
2. What does the narrator refer to as The Thing when he comes back to town after taking his wife away?
(a) The heat ray.
(b) A dead Martian.
(c) A new Martian weapon.
(d) A Martian tripod.
3. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He decides to hide.
(b) He makes plans to leave town.
(c) He heads back to the crash site.
(d) He panics.
4. Why is the narrator eager to get back to Woking after taking his wife to the inn?
(a) He wants to see the Martians die.
(b) He wants to try to signal the Martians.
(c) He is afraid something will happen to his house.
(d) He wants to gather his possessions.
5. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A firing squad.
(c) A tank.
(d) A shell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Deputation?
2. About how many soldiers does the military send in response to the first cylinder crash?
3. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
4. What happens to the narrator's horse when he goes back to Woking?
5. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)