|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
(a) A dog.
(b) A lion.
(c) A bear.
(d) A cat.
2. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
(a) The Monster.
(b) The Rocket.
(d) The Thing.
3. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
(a) The Martians cannot see very well.
(b) The gravity is too strong.
(c) There is no food for them on Earth.
(d) There is not enough nitrogen in the air.
4. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
(a) A group of soldiers.
(b) A tree trunk.
(c) A mound of sand.
(d) A metal shield.
5. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
(a) Excitement and anger.
(b) Fear and curiosity.
(c) Excitement and fear.
(d) Fear and anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
2. What is a Deputation?
3. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
4. Who is Marshall?
5. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)