|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
(a) A construction worker.
(c) A soldier.
2. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
3. How far is Mars from Earth?
(a) 15 million miles.
(b) 35 million miles.
(c) 45 million miles.
(d) 20 million miles.
4. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
(a) The Martians cannot see very well.
(b) There is not enough nitrogen in the air.
(c) There is no food for them on Earth.
(d) The gravity is too strong.
5. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
2. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
3. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
4. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
5. In what area of knowledge does the narrator say the Martians are clearly superior?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)