|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
(b) Message Received From Mars.
(c) Evacuate Immediately.
(d) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
2. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
3. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
4. How far does the narrator have to drive his wife in the cart?
(a) Twelve blocks.
(b) Twelve miles.
(c) Seven miles.
(d) Ten miles.
5. What disability does Henderson have?
(a) He is deaf in one ear.
(b) He has a speech impediment.
(c) He cannot move one of his arms.
(d) He cannot walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
2. What does the narrator see in the sky as he goes to town on his way back from the inn?
3. Who is Henderson?
4. How far is Mars from Earth?
5. What happens to the narrator's horse when he goes back to Woking?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)