|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
(a) He stays where he is.
(b) He tries to fight it.
(c) He yells for help.
(d) He runs away.
2. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(a) One hundred.
3. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
(a) Excitement and anger.
(b) Fear and anger.
(c) Fear and curiosity.
(d) Excitement and fear.
4. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
(a) Trying to open it.
(b) Daring each other to touch it.
(c) Throwing rocks at it.
(d) Yelling at it.
5. What is a Deputation?
(a) A group of police officers.
(b) A group of soldiers.
(c) A group of delegates.
(d) A group of journalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the first man get into the pit?
2. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
3. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
4. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
5. What does the narrator refer to as The Thing when he comes back to town after taking his wife away?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)