|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
2. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
(c) Tell the narrator to leave.
(d) Shoot into the pit.
3. What does the narrator refer to as The Thing when he comes back to town after taking his wife away?
(a) The heat ray.
(b) A Martian tripod.
(c) A dead Martian.
(d) A new Martian weapon.
4. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
5. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) On the common.
(b) His house.
(c) The train station.
(d) In a restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
2. In what area of knowledge does the narrator say the Martians are clearly superior?
3. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
4. Where does the narrator decide to take his wife when his chimney is cracked?
5. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)