|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Lord Vasser.
(b) Lord Hilton.
(c) Lord William.
(d) Lord Harrington.
2. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
(a) Excitement and fear.
(b) Fear and curiosity.
(c) Excitement and anger.
(d) Fear and anger.
3. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
(a) A heart.
(b) A peace sign.
(c) A white flag.
(d) A British flag.
4. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
(a) Yelling at it.
(b) Trying to open it.
(c) Daring each other to touch it.
(d) Throwing rocks at it.
5. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
2. What color is the first Martian's skin?
3. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
4. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
5. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)