|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
(a) They pry him for details.
(b) They push him.
(c) They laugh at him.
(d) They ignore him.
2. In what year did the Martian invasion begin?
3. Why is the narrator eager to get back to Woking after taking his wife to the inn?
(a) He wants to see the Martians die.
(b) He wants to try to signal the Martians.
(c) He is afraid something will happen to his house.
(d) He wants to gather his possessions.
4. What does the word "canard" mean?
(a) A card game.
(b) A false story.
(c) A distraction.
(d) A worthless object.
5. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
(a) A tree trunk.
(b) A group of soldiers.
(c) A mound of sand.
(d) A metal shield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
2. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
3. What disability does Henderson have?
4. What is a Deputation?
5. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)