|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
(a) They laugh at him.
(b) They push him.
(c) They pry him for details.
(d) They ignore him.
2. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
(a) A strange creature.
(b) An animal.
(c) A Martian invader.
(d) A man.
3. What is Mars the god of in Roman mythology?
(d) The underworld.
4. What does the narrator tell his wife about the Martians in order to reassure her?
(a) The Martians are very small.
(b) The Martians are very weak.
(c) The Martians move very slowly.
(d) The Martians do not seem very dangerous.
5. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
2. What color is the first Martian's skin?
3. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
4. How does the first man get into the pit?
5. Who is Marshall?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)