|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He gets into a fight.
(c) He steals a horse.
(d) He runs into his wife.
2. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
(a) A Martian.
(c) A missle.
(d) Green smoke.
3. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
4. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
(c) One hundred.
5. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
(a) Shoot into the pit.
(b) Tell the narrator to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
2. How does the first man get into the pit?
3. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
4. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
5. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)