|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not die in the heat ray?
(c) A Martian.
2. In what year did the Martian invasion begin?
3. What does the narrator hear after the shopman goes into the pit?
(a) A cry for help.
(b) A confused noise.
(d) A scream.
4. What does the word "canard" mean?
(a) A worthless object.
(b) A false story.
(c) A distraction.
(d) A card game.
5. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He tries to fight it.
(c) He yells for help.
(d) He stays where he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marshall?
2. What color are the gas jets?
3. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
4. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
5. What can survive the heat ray?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)