|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see in the sky as he goes to town on his way back from the inn?
(a) A rocket.
(b) A lunar eclipse.
(c) A military missile.
(d) A third cylinder falling.
2. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
(a) They become angry at the visitors.
(b) They think that the visitors must be crazy.
(c) They insist on calling the military for help.
(d) They become very alarmed.
3. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
4. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Lord Vasser.
(b) Lord Hilton.
(c) Lord Harrington.
(d) Lord William.
5. How far is Mars from Earth?
(a) 15 million miles.
(b) 35 million miles.
(c) 20 million miles.
(d) 45 million miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "sapper?"
2. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
3. What color are the gas jets?
4. Why is the narrator eager to get back to Woking after taking his wife to the inn?
5. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)