|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
2. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
3. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
(a) News of the Day.
(b) The Daily Chronicle.
(c) The Post-Dispatch.
(d) The Woking Journal.
4. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
(a) A Martian.
(b) A missle.
(c) Green smoke.
5. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
2. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
3. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
4. Who is Marshall?
5. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)