|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
(a) About three-quarters.
(b) About twice as much.
(c) About half.
(d) About one-quarter.
2. What is a "sapper?"
(a) A skilled front-line soldier.
(b) A bar owner.
(c) A man who makes syrup.
(d) A member of the Navy.
3. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Lord Harrington.
(b) Lord Hilton.
(c) Lord Vasser.
(d) Lord William.
4. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(a) Someone banging on the walls.
(b) A faint stirring.
5. How far does the narrator have to drive his wife in the cart?
(a) Ten miles.
(b) Seven miles.
(c) Twelve miles.
(d) Twelve blocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
2. In what year did the Martian invasion begin?
3. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
4. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
5. Who is Ogilvy?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)