|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator hide when he sees The Thing?
(a) Behind a tree.
(b) Under a piece of wood.
(c) In a ditch.
(d) In a shack.
2. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(a) Someone banging on the walls.
(c) A faint stirring.
3. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
4. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They are arrested.
(c) They are captured by Martians.
(d) They are crushed.
5. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
2. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
3. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
4. In what area of knowledge does the narrator say the Martians are clearly superior?
5. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)