|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
(a) They are crushed.
(b) They are arrested.
(c) They are captured by Martians.
(d) They are shot.
2. Who does not die in the heat ray?
(d) A Martian.
3. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
4. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
(a) A group of soldiers.
(b) A tree trunk.
(c) A mound of sand.
(d) A metal shield.
5. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
(a) Throwing rocks at it.
(b) Trying to open it.
(c) Yelling at it.
(d) Daring each other to touch it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Astronomer Royal?
2. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
3. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
4. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
5. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)