|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
(b) Tell the narrator to leave.
(c) Shoot into the pit.
2. Who does not die in the heat ray?
(c) A Martian.
3. What are the gas jets in the sky originally assumed to be?
4. What is a Deputation?
(a) A group of journalists.
(b) A group of police officers.
(c) A group of delegates.
(d) A group of soldiers.
5. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
(a) It is made of unknown materials.
(b) It is hidden.
(c) It is invisible.
(d) It does not exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
2. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
3. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
4. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
5. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)