|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
2. Why is the young boy yelling in the middle of town on the Friday evening after the cylinder crashes?
(a) He is trying to cause trouble.
(b) He is just trying to get attention.
(c) He is selling newspapers.
(d) He is alarmed about the Martians.
3. What disability does Henderson have?
(a) He is deaf in one ear.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) He cannot move one of his arms.
(d) He has a speech impediment.
4. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Evacuate Immediately.
(b) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
(c) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
(d) Message Received From Mars.
5. How does the first man get into the pit?
(a) He jumps in.
(b) The crowd pushes him in.
(c) A Martian pulls him in.
(d) He slips on the edge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
2. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
3. What must first be present in order for life to begin according to the narrator?
4. What does the narrator hear after the shopman goes into the pit?
5. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)