|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
(a) Trying to open it.
(b) Throwing rocks at it.
(c) Daring each other to touch it.
(d) Yelling at it.
2. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
(a) Pulling him into the pit.
(b) Ignoring him.
(c) Shooting at him.
(d) Attacking him.
3. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
4. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
(a) Fear and anger.
(b) Excitement and anger.
(c) Fear and curiosity.
(d) Excitement and fear.
5. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are indifferent to it.
(c) They are disappointed.
(d) It scares them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
2. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
3. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
4. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
5. Why is the narrator eager to get back to Woking after taking his wife to the inn?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)