|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Study it.
(b) Destroy it.
(c) Open it.
(d) Dig it out.
2. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
(a) They pry him for details.
(b) They push him.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They laugh at him.
3. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
4. What is a Deputation?
(a) A group of soldiers.
(b) A group of delegates.
(c) A group of journalists.
(d) A group of police officers.
5. Who is Henderson?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An astronomer.
(d) A journalist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
2. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
3. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
4. In what area of knowledge does the narrator say the Martians are clearly superior?
5. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)