|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not die in the heat ray?
(d) A Martian.
2. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
(a) It is made of unknown materials.
(b) It is invisible.
(c) It does not exist.
(d) It is hidden.
3. What does the narrator hear after the shopman goes into the pit?
(a) A cry for help.
(c) A confused noise.
(d) A scream.
4. What color are the gas jets?
5. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
2. What must first be present in order for life to begin according to the narrator?
3. How far is Mars from Earth?
4. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
5. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)