|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
(a) A white flag.
(b) A peace sign.
(c) A British flag.
(d) A heart.
2. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
(b) Green smoke.
(c) A missle.
(d) A Martian.
3. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Study it.
(b) Dig it out.
(c) Destroy it.
(d) Open it.
4. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
5. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
(a) A strange creature.
(b) A man.
(c) An animal.
(d) A Martian invader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator hear after the shopman goes into the pit?
2. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
3. What is Mars the god of in Roman mythology?
4. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
5. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)