|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must first be present in order for life to begin according to the narrator?
(d) Temperature cooling.
2. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They pry him for details.
(c) They laugh at him.
(d) They push him.
3. Who is Henderson?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) An astronomer.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A doctor.
4. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
(a) A metal shield.
(b) A group of soldiers.
(c) A tree trunk.
(d) A mound of sand.
5. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
(a) He runs into his wife.
(b) He gets into a fight.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He steals a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
2. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
3. In what year did the Martian invasion begin?
4. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
5. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)