|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
2. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
(a) A missle.
(b) A Martian.
(d) Green smoke.
3. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
(a) A peace sign.
(b) A British flag.
(c) A white flag.
(d) A heart.
4. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(a) A faint stirring.
(d) Someone banging on the walls.
5. What disability does Henderson have?
(a) He cannot move one of his arms.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) He is deaf in one ear.
(d) He has a speech impediment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
2. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
3. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
4. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
5. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)