|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
(a) There is not enough nitrogen in the air.
(b) The gravity is too strong.
(c) The Martians cannot see very well.
(d) There is no food for them on Earth.
2. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
(a) A heart.
(b) A white flag.
(c) A British flag.
(d) A peace sign.
3. What must first be present in order for life to begin according to the narrator?
(b) Temperature cooling.
4. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
(a) A missle.
(b) A Martian.
(c) Green smoke.
5. Who is Henderson?
(a) A journalist.
(b) An astronomer.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
2. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
3. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
4. How does the first man get into the pit?
5. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)