|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator hear after the shopman goes into the pit?
(a) A confused noise.
(b) A cry for help.
(c) A scream.
2. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
(a) They become very alarmed.
(b) They insist on calling the military for help.
(c) They think that the visitors must be crazy.
(d) They become angry at the visitors.
3. What color are the gas jets?
4. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
5. Who is Henderson?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A journalist.
(d) An astronomer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
2. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
3. What is Mars the god of in Roman mythology?
4. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
5. Who is Ogilvy?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)