|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
(a) About three-quarters.
(b) About twice as much.
(c) About half.
(d) About one-quarter.
2. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A tank.
(c) A shell.
(d) A firing squad.
3. What color is the first Martian's skin?
4. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) The train station.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) His house.
(d) On the common.
5. Who is Ogilvy?
(a) A reporter.
(b) An astronomer.
(c) A laborer.
(d) A philosopher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
2. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
3. What can survive the heat ray?
4. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
5. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)