|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
(a) Five yards.
(b) Ten yards.
(c) Twenty yards.
(d) Thirty yards.
2. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Study it.
(b) Destroy it.
(c) Open it.
(d) Dig it out.
3. How far is Mars from Earth?
(a) 20 million miles.
(b) 15 million miles.
(c) 35 million miles.
(d) 45 million miles.
4. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He steals a horse.
(c) He gets into a fight.
(d) He runs into his wife.
5. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
(a) A cat.
(b) A lion.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
2. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
3. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
4. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
5. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)