|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
2. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
3. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He stays where he is.
(c) He tries to fight it.
(d) He yells for help.
4. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Lord Hilton.
(b) Lord Vasser.
(c) Lord William.
(d) Lord Harrington.
5. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
(b) The Rocket.
(c) The Thing.
(d) The Monster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the gas jets?
2. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
3. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
4. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
5. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)