|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must first be present in order for life to begin according to the narrator?
(c) Temperature cooling.
2. How does the first man get into the pit?
(a) He slips on the edge.
(b) The crowd pushes him in.
(c) A Martian pulls him in.
(d) He jumps in.
3. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
(c) One hundred.
4. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
(a) A bear.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A lion.
5. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It is hidden.
(c) It is invisible.
(d) It is made of unknown materials.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
2. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
3. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
4. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
5. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)