|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
(b) A missle.
(c) Green smoke.
(d) A Martian.
2. Who is Ogilvy?
(a) A philosopher.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A laborer.
(d) An astronomer.
3. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Message Received From Mars.
(b) Evacuate Immediately.
(c) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
(d) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
4. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
(a) The Thing.
(c) The Rocket.
(d) The Monster.
5. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
2. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
3. Who does not die in the heat ray?
4. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
5. What is Mars the god of in Roman mythology?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)