|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They are crushed.
(c) They are arrested.
(d) They are captured by Martians.
2. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
(a) He stays where he is.
(b) He tries to fight it.
(c) He yells for help.
(d) He runs away.
3. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
(a) They become very alarmed.
(b) They become angry at the visitors.
(c) They think that the visitors must be crazy.
(d) They insist on calling the military for help.
4. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
(a) The Astronomical Exchange.
(b) Astronomers United.
(c) The League of Astronomers.
(d) The National Association of Astronomers.
5. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
(c) A soldier.
(d) A construction worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
2. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
4. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
5. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)