|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
(a) He yells for help.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He tries to fight it.
(d) He stays where he is.
2. What is the name of the Astronomer Royal?
3. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
4. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
5. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
(a) A Martian invader.
(b) A man.
(c) A strange creature.
(d) An animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
2. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
3. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
4. Who does not die in the heat ray?
5. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)