|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mars the god of in Roman mythology?
(d) The underworld.
2. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
(a) Ten yards.
(b) Twenty yards.
(c) Five yards.
(d) Thirty yards.
3. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
(a) A peace sign.
(b) A British flag.
(c) A heart.
(d) A white flag.
4. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
(a) 140 million miles.
(b) 160,000 miles.
(c) 140,000 miles.
(d) 160 million miles.
5. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Evacuate Immediately.
(b) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
(c) Message Received From Mars.
(d) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the first Martian's skin?
2. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
3. What does the narrator tell his wife about the Martians in order to reassure her?
4. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
5. Who does not die in the heat ray?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)