|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator hear after the shopman goes into the pit?
(a) A confused noise.
(b) A scream.
(d) A cry for help.
2. What is a Deputation?
(a) A group of delegates.
(b) A group of journalists.
(c) A group of police officers.
(d) A group of soldiers.
3. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
(a) Green smoke.
(c) A missle.
(d) A Martian.
4. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
5. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(b) Someone banging on the walls.
(d) A faint stirring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
2. Who is Ogilvy?
3. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
4. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
5. What is Mars the god of in Roman mythology?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)