|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the gas jets?
2. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
(a) The Martians cannot see very well.
(b) There is no food for them on Earth.
(c) The gravity is too strong.
(d) There is not enough nitrogen in the air.
3. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
(a) Green smoke.
(b) A missle.
(d) A Martian.
4. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
(a) They are indifferent to it.
(b) They are angry.
(c) It scares them.
(d) They are disappointed.
5. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
(a) A white flag.
(b) A heart.
(c) A peace sign.
(d) A British flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
2. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
3. What is the name of the Astronomer Royal?
4. What disability does Henderson have?
5. Who is Henderson?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)