|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
(a) Excitement and fear.
(b) Fear and curiosity.
(c) Excitement and anger.
(d) Fear and anger.
2. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Message Received From Mars.
(b) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
(c) Evacuate Immediately.
(d) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
3. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
(a) A white flag.
(b) A heart.
(c) A peace sign.
(d) A British flag.
4. What can survive the heat ray?
5. What are the gas jets in the sky originally assumed to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
2. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
3. How far is Mars from Earth?
4. How does the first man get into the pit?
5. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)