|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
2. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
3. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
(a) Excitement and anger.
(b) Fear and curiosity.
(c) Fear and anger.
(d) Excitement and fear.
4. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
5. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(d) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
2. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
3. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
4. What are the gas jets in the sky originally assumed to be?
5. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)