|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Lord Hilton.
(b) Lord William.
(c) Lord Harrington.
(d) Lord Vasser.
2. What can survive the heat ray?
3. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
(b) The narrator.
(c) A construction worker.
4. What does the narrator hear after the shopman goes into the pit?
(a) A confused noise.
(b) A scream.
(d) A cry for help.
5. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
(a) Fear and curiosity.
(b) Excitement and anger.
(c) Excitement and fear.
(d) Fear and anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
2. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
3. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
4. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
5. What color is the first Martian's skin?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)