|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
(a) An animal.
(b) A man.
(c) A strange creature.
(d) A Martian invader.
2. Who is Ogilvy?
(a) A laborer.
(b) An astronomer.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) A reporter.
3. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(d) One hundred.
4. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
(a) It is hidden.
(b) It does not exist.
(c) It is invisible.
(d) It is made of unknown materials.
5. How far is Mars from Earth?
(a) 15 million miles.
(b) 45 million miles.
(c) 35 million miles.
(d) 20 million miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
2. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
3. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
4. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
5. How does the first man get into the pit?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)