|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
2. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(b) A faint stirring.
(d) Someone banging on the walls.
3. Who is Ogilvy?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A laborer.
(c) An astronomer.
(d) A philosopher.
4. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Message Received From Mars.
(b) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
(c) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
(d) Evacuate Immediately.
5. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
(a) The Daily Chronicle.
(b) The Woking Journal.
(c) The Post-Dispatch.
(d) News of the Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Henderson?
2. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
3. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
4. What disability does Henderson have?
5. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)