|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
(a) Excitement and fear.
(b) Fear and curiosity.
(c) Excitement and anger.
(d) Fear and anger.
2. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They push him.
(c) They laugh at him.
(d) They pry him for details.
3. What does the narrator hear after the shopman goes into the pit?
(a) A cry for help.
(c) A scream.
(d) A confused noise.
4. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
(a) Daring each other to touch it.
(b) Yelling at it.
(c) Throwing rocks at it.
(d) Trying to open it.
5. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
2. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
3. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
4. Who is Ogilvy?
5. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)