|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 7, How I Reached Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
(a) Astronomers United.
(b) The National Association of Astronomers.
(c) The League of Astronomers.
(d) The Astronomical Exchange.
2. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Open it.
(c) Study it.
(d) Dig it out.
3. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are disappointed.
(c) They are indifferent to it.
(d) It scares them.
4. In what year did the Martian invasion begin?
5. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
(a) The Rocket.
(c) The Thing.
(d) The Monster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the gas jets in the sky originally assumed to be?
2. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
3. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
4. What color are the gas jets?
5. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)