|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
(a) Five yards.
(b) Twenty yards.
(c) Thirty yards.
(d) Ten yards.
2. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(d) One hundred.
3. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
4. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
(a) Astronomers United.
(b) The League of Astronomers.
(c) The Astronomical Exchange.
(d) The National Association of Astronomers.
5. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) His house.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) On the common.
(d) The train station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
2. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
3. What is Mars the god of in Roman mythology?
4. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
5. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)