|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Evacuate Immediately.
(b) Message Received From Mars.
(c) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
(d) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
2. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
3. What color are the gas jets?
4. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) On the common.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) The train station.
(d) His house.
5. What disability does Henderson have?
(a) He is deaf in one ear.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) He has a speech impediment.
(d) He cannot move one of his arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mars the god of in Roman mythology?
2. How far is Mars from Earth?
3. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
4. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
5. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)