|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
2. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
(a) The Thing.
(b) The Monster.
(c) The Rocket.
3. What does the narrator hear after the shopman goes into the pit?
(a) A cry for help.
(b) A confused noise.
(d) A scream.
4. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(d) One hundred.
5. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
(a) They think that the visitors must be crazy.
(b) They become very alarmed.
(c) They insist on calling the military for help.
(d) They become angry at the visitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
2. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
3. Who is Henderson?
4. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
5. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)