|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
2. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
(b) A construction worker.
(d) A soldier.
3. What does the narrator hear after the shopman goes into the pit?
(b) A scream.
(c) A cry for help.
(d) A confused noise.
4. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(d) One hundred.
5. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
(a) A man.
(b) An animal.
(c) A strange creature.
(d) A Martian invader.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
2. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
3. What color is the first Martian's skin?
4. How does the first man get into the pit?
5. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)