|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disability does Henderson have?
(a) He is deaf in one ear.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) He cannot move one of his arms.
(d) He has a speech impediment.
2. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
(a) A Martian invader.
(b) A strange creature.
(c) An animal.
(d) A man.
3. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
4. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
5. In what year did the Martian invasion begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
2. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
3. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
4. How far is Mars from Earth?
5. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)