|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
2. What must first be present in order for life to begin according to the narrator?
(d) Temperature cooling.
3. What color is the first Martian's skin?
4. What color are the gas jets?
5. What are the gas jets in the sky originally assumed to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
2. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
3. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
4. In what area of knowledge does the narrator say the Martians are clearly superior?
5. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)