|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
(a) The National Association of Astronomers.
(b) The Astronomical Exchange.
(c) Astronomers United.
(d) The League of Astronomers.
2. What are the gas jets in the sky originally assumed to be?
3. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
(a) They become angry at the visitors.
(b) They insist on calling the military for help.
(c) They think that the visitors must be crazy.
(d) They become very alarmed.
4. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
5. Who is Henderson?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) An astronomer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disability does Henderson have?
2. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
3. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
4. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
5. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)