|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
(a) 140 million miles.
(b) 160 million miles.
(c) 140,000 miles.
(d) 160,000 miles.
2. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
3. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
4. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) His house.
(b) The train station.
(c) In a restaurant.
(d) On the common.
5. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
(a) The Woking Journal.
(b) The Post-Dispatch.
(c) News of the Day.
(d) The Daily Chronicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
2. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
3. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
4. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
5. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)