|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the gas jets?
2. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) His house.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) The train station.
(d) On the common.
3. What is the name of the Astronomer Royal?
4. In what area of knowledge does the narrator say the Martians are clearly superior?
5. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
(a) Twenty yards.
(b) Ten yards.
(c) Thirty yards.
(d) Five yards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
2. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
3. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
4. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
5. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)