|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the gas jets?
2. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
(a) An animal.
(b) A strange creature.
(c) A man.
(d) A Martian invader.
3. What disability does Henderson have?
(a) He has a speech impediment.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) He cannot move one of his arms.
(d) He is deaf in one ear.
4. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
(a) They become angry at the visitors.
(b) They become very alarmed.
(c) They think that the visitors must be crazy.
(d) They insist on calling the military for help.
5. What is Mars the god of in Roman mythology?
(a) The underworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
2. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
3. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
4. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
5. What color is the first Martian's skin?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)