|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
2. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(b) One hundred.
3. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
4. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
(a) A Martian invader.
(b) A strange creature.
(c) An animal.
(d) A man.
5. What color is the first Martian's skin?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the first man get into the pit?
2. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
3. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
4. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
5. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)