|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is Mars from Earth?
(a) 35 million miles.
(b) 15 million miles.
(c) 20 million miles.
(d) 45 million miles.
2. What color is the first Martian's skin?
3. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(a) Someone banging on the walls.
(b) A faint stirring.
4. In what year did the Martian invasion begin?
5. Who is Henderson?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An astronomer.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A journalist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
2. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
3. What does the narrator hear after the shopman goes into the pit?
4. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
5. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)