|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
2. What color is the first Martian's skin?
3. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(b) A faint stirring.
(c) Someone banging on the walls.
4. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
(b) Evacuate Immediately.
(c) Message Received From Mars.
(d) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
5. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Lord William.
(b) Lord Hilton.
(c) Lord Harrington.
(d) Lord Vasser.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ogilvy?
2. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
3. What color are the gas jets?
4. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
5. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)