|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the gas jets?
2. What are the gas jets in the sky originally assumed to be?
3. What disability does Henderson have?
(a) He cannot move one of his arms.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) He is deaf in one ear.
(d) He has a speech impediment.
4. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
(a) The Rocket.
(c) The Thing.
(d) The Monster.
5. How far is Mars from Earth?
(a) 45 million miles.
(b) 15 million miles.
(c) 35 million miles.
(d) 20 million miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mars the god of in Roman mythology?
2. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
3. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
4. What must first be present in order for life to begin according to the narrator?
5. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)