|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disability does Henderson have?
(a) He is deaf in one ear.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) He has a speech impediment.
(d) He cannot move one of his arms.
2. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
3. What is Mars the god of in Roman mythology?
(d) The underworld.
4. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
(a) About one-quarter.
(b) About three-quarters.
(c) About half.
(d) About twice as much.
5. How does the first man get into the pit?
(a) The crowd pushes him in.
(b) He slips on the edge.
(c) A Martian pulls him in.
(d) He jumps in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
2. What is the name of the Astronomer Royal?
3. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
4. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
5. What must first be present in order for life to begin according to the narrator?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)