|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mars the god of in Roman mythology?
(a) The underworld.
2. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He tries to fight it.
(c) He stays where he is.
(d) He yells for help.
3. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
4. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
(a) The Monster.
(b) The Rocket.
(d) The Thing.
5. What does the narrator hear after the shopman goes into the pit?
(b) A confused noise.
(c) A cry for help.
(d) A scream.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
2. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What color is the first Martian's skin?
4. Who is Henderson?
5. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)