|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the first man get into the pit?
(a) He slips on the edge.
(b) The crowd pushes him in.
(c) A Martian pulls him in.
(d) He jumps in.
2. Who is Henderson?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An astronomer.
3. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Lord Vasser.
(b) Lord William.
(c) Lord Harrington.
(d) Lord Hilton.
4. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
5. What does the narrator hear after the shopman goes into the pit?
(a) A confused noise.
(b) A scream.
(c) A cry for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ogilvy?
2. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
3. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
4. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
5. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)