|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Astronomer Royal?
2. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(d) One hundred.
3. What are the gas jets in the sky originally assumed to be?
4. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He heads back to the crash site.
(b) He panics.
(c) He decides to hide.
(d) He makes plans to leave town.
5. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
2. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
3. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
4. What disability does Henderson have?
5. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)