|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(a) One hundred.
2. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
(a) 140 million miles.
(b) 140,000 miles.
(c) 160 million miles.
(d) 160,000 miles.
3. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
4. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) His house.
(b) The train station.
(c) In a restaurant.
(d) On the common.
5. What color are the gas jets?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
2. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
3. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
4. What are the gas jets in the sky originally assumed to be?
5. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)