|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
(a) The League of Astronomers.
(b) The Astronomical Exchange.
(c) The National Association of Astronomers.
(d) Astronomers United.
2. What is the name of the Astronomer Royal?
3. What disability does Henderson have?
(a) He cannot move one of his arms.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) He is deaf in one ear.
(d) He has a speech impediment.
4. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He panics.
(b) He makes plans to leave town.
(c) He heads back to the crash site.
(d) He decides to hide.
5. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
(a) A soldier.
(d) A construction worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
2. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
3. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
4. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
5. In what year did the Martian invasion begin?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)