|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the gas jets in the sky originally assumed to be?
2. How much light does Mars receive from the Sun, compared to the light Earth receives?
(a) About twice as much.
(b) About three-quarters.
(c) About one-quarter.
(d) About half.
3. How many gas jets are spotted within the first twenty-four hours of the story?
4. What element are the gas jets that first streamed toward Earth primarily made from?
5. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) The train station.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) On the common.
(d) His house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
2. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
3. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
4. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
5. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)