|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
(b) A construction worker.
(c) A soldier.
2. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
3. How far is Mars from the sun according to the narrator?
(a) 140,000 miles.
(b) 140 million miles.
(c) 160,000 miles.
(d) 160 million miles.
4. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Dig it out.
(c) Open it.
(d) Study it.
5. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
2. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
3. What color is the first Martian's skin?
4. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
5. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)