Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 9, Wreckage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator find food after he meets with the soldier for the second time?
(a) A pub.
(b) The soldier has it.
(c) A house.
(d) A cart.
2. About how many dead Martians does the narrator see after he hears the Martian cry?
(c) One thousand.
(d) One hundred.
3. How much does the curate eat when he and the narrator are trapped in the ruined house?
(a) Only a little food.
(c) More than his share.
(d) About half of the food.
4. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) On the common.
(b) The train station.
(c) His house.
(d) In a restaurant.
5. What is a curate?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A judge.
(c) A clergyman.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
2. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
3. Why is the narrator's brother forced to abandon his first mode of transportation?
4. How many nights in a row are the gas jets spotted before they stop?
5. How is the soldier separated from his unit?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)