Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 12, What I Saw of the Destruction of Weybridge and Shepperton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldier and the narrator bring with them when they decide to leave Woking?
(a) Food and the narrator's dog.
(b) Food and water.
(c) Food and whiskey.
(d) Weapons and food.
2. How does the Lieutenant respond to the soldier and narrator's story when meeting them?
(a) He says that he saw the same things they did.
(b) He says that he will protect them.
(c) He does not believe them.
(d) He accuses them of being insane.
3. Who does the narrator say he finds reassuring the morning before he is forced to flee?
(a) The milkman.
(b) A reporter.
(c) His wife.
(d) A policeman.
4. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
(a) A strange creature.
(b) A Martian invader.
(c) A man.
(d) An animal.
5. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
(a) Green smoke.
(b) A missle.
(d) A Martian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
2. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
3. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
4. In what year did the Martian invasion begin?
5. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)