Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 10, In the Storm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator eager to get back to Woking after taking his wife to the inn?
(a) He wants to gather his possessions.
(b) He wants to see the Martians die.
(c) He wants to try to signal the Martians.
(d) He is afraid something will happen to his house.
2. What happens to the narrator's horse when he goes back to Woking?
(a) It runs away.
(b) Someone steals it.
(c) It falls and breaks its neck.
(d) It throws him off.
3. What does the narrator tell his wife about the Martians in order to reassure her?
(a) The Martians move very slowly.
(b) The Martians do not seem very dangerous.
(c) The Martians are very weak.
(d) The Martians are very small.
4. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
(a) A construction worker.
(c) The narrator.
5. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
(a) A bear.
(b) A dog.
(c) A lion.
(d) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
2. Who is Henderson?
3. Who does not die in the heat ray?
4. In what year did the Martian invasion begin?
5. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)