Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 4, The Cylinder Opens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator describes the Martians as being about the size of what animal?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bear.
(c) A dog.
(d) A lion.
2. How does the narrator react when the first Martian falls out of the cylinder?
(a) He yells for help.
(b) He tries to fight it.
(c) He stays where he is.
(d) He runs away.
3. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Dig it out.
(b) Open it.
(c) Destroy it.
(d) Study it.
4. What is Mars the god of in Roman mythology?
(b) The underworld.
5. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
(a) They insist on calling the military for help.
(b) They become angry at the visitors.
(c) They think that the visitors must be crazy.
(d) They become very alarmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the gas jets?
2. What are the gas jets in the sky originally assumed to be?
3. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
4. What must first be present in order for life to begin according to the narrator?
5. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)