|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator attempt to keep the curate from using up their resources?
(a) He promises to get more soon.
(b) He pleads with him.
(c) He fights him.
(d) He hides most things from the curate.
2. How long do the curate and the narrator stay in the first house?
(a) Seven hours.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
3. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
(a) Fear and anger.
(b) Excitement and fear.
(c) Fear and curiosity.
(d) Excitement and anger.
4. Where is the first house in which the curate and narrator take refuge?
5. How many houses around the pit catch fire on Friday night?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
2. About how many soldiers does the military send in response to the first cylinder crash?
3. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
4. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
5. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)