|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
(a) Another house.
(b) A squirrel's den.
(c) A shed.
(d) A garden.
2. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
(a) All day.
(b) He and the narrator sleep in shifts throughout the day.
(c) Very little.
(d) All night.
3. Why is the young boy yelling in the middle of town on the Friday evening after the cylinder crashes?
(a) He is selling newspapers.
(b) He is alarmed about the Martians.
(c) He is trying to cause trouble.
(d) He is just trying to get attention.
4. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
(a) He does not want to go.
(b) He does not have a horse.
(c) The trains are not running.
(d) He has to go to work.
5. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator drink when he gets back to his house for the first time?
2. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
3. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
4. Why does the curate go with the narrator after they leave the first house?
5. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)