|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
(a) It knocks down enemy vehicles.
(b) It emits toxic smoke.
(c) It shoots fire.
(d) It works as a mounted gun on the tripods.
2. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
3. How is the soldier separated from his unit?
(a) His horse fell.
(b) He was discharged.
(c) They abadoned him.
(d) He ran away.
4. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
(a) The Martians are coming.
(b) They are trapped.
(c) People are evacuating.
(d) There is nothing to worry about.
5. How long do the curate and the narrator stay in the first house?
(a) One week.
(b) Seven hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
2. How does the narrator get into a yard near the ruined house?
3. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
4. What does the soldier do who pairs up with the narrator?
5. How many Martians initially attack nearby the night after the narrator's brother is introduced?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)