|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
(a) They insist on calling the military for help.
(b) They become angry at the visitors.
(c) They become very alarmed.
(d) They think that the visitors must be crazy.
2. How does the narrator attempt to keep the curate from using up their resources?
(a) He promises to get more soon.
(b) He hides most things from the curate.
(c) He fights him.
(d) He pleads with him.
3. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) The train station.
(b) His house.
(c) In a restaurant.
(d) On the common.
4. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
5. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Dig it out.
(b) Study it.
(c) Destroy it.
(d) Open it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disability does Henderson have?
2. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
3. Where does the soldier hide until meeting the narrator?
4. Who is Marshall?
5. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)