|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
2. What happens to the house near Kew when the narrator and curate take refuge there?
(a) The curate knocks out some of the windows.
(b) A cylinder falls next to it and destroys part of it.
(c) It is so old that boards start to fall off of the walls.
(d) A Martian tripod destroys part of it.
3. How do most people react to the invasion on the first Friday after the cylinder lands?
(a) They are demanding action from the military.
(b) They are very curious about what is happening.
(c) They are keeping a close eye on the pit in shifts.
(d) They have not taken much notice of it.
4. How much does the curate eat when he and the narrator are trapped in the ruined house?
(b) Only a little food.
(c) More than his share.
(d) About half of the food.
5. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
(a) A doorknob.
(b) A chair leg.
(c) A lump of coal.
(d) A piece of glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
2. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
3. What does the narrator begin to believe right after he leaves the ruined house?
4. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
5. Where does the narrator decide to take his wife when his chimney is cracked?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)