|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
(c) Looking for food.
(d) Planning his escape.
2. Who does not die in the heat ray?
(c) A Martian.
3. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
(a) All day.
(b) All night.
(c) Very little.
(d) He and the narrator sleep in shifts throughout the day.
4. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
(b) The narrator.
(d) A construction worker.
5. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
(a) The other Martians protect him.
(b) He kills everyone nearby and then repairs it.
(c) He can repair it from inside.
(d) He does not.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator start calling the tripods when he travels with the curate?
2. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
3. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
4. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
5. What can survive the heat ray?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)