|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
(a) In a closet.
(b) In the basement.
(c) Behind some shelves.
(d) In the attic.
2. How long do the curate and the narrator stay in the first house?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Seven hours.
3. Who does not die in the heat ray?
(d) A Martian.
4. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
(a) He fights with them.
(b) The Martians do not see him.
(c) A soldier helps him get away.
(d) He hides in the water.
5. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
(a) The Rocket.
(c) The Monster.
(d) The Thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the curate go with the narrator after they leave the first house?
2. Who does the narrator say he finds reassuring the morning before he is forced to flee?
3. Where does the soldier hide until meeting the narrator?
4. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
5. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)