|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
2. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He makes plans to leave town.
(b) He decides to hide.
(c) He heads back to the crash site.
(d) He panics.
3. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
(a) An animal.
(b) A man.
(c) A strange creature.
(d) A Martian invader.
4. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
5. Where does the Lieutenant tell the narrator and the soldier to go?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the curate go with the narrator after they leave the first house?
2. How much does the curate eat when he and the narrator are trapped in the ruined house?
3. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
4. How many Martians initially attack nearby the night after the narrator's brother is introduced?
5. Who does the narrator say he finds reassuring the morning before he is forced to flee?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)