|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
(a) Astronomers United.
(b) The National Association of Astronomers.
(c) The League of Astronomers.
(d) The Astronomical Exchange.
2. How many Martians initially attack nearby the night after the narrator's brother is introduced?
3. How long has it been since the soldier has eaten when he first teams up with the narrator?
(a) One week.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
(d) Ten hours.
4. How do most people react to the invasion on the first Friday after the cylinder lands?
(a) They are keeping a close eye on the pit in shifts.
(b) They are very curious about what is happening.
(c) They are demanding action from the military.
(d) They have not taken much notice of it.
5. What is a "sapper?"
(a) A skilled front-line soldier.
(b) A man who makes syrup.
(c) A bar owner.
(d) A member of the Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many soldiers does the military send in response to the first cylinder crash?
2. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
3. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
4. What disability does Henderson have?
5. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)