|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
2. Why is the young boy yelling in the middle of town on the Friday evening after the cylinder crashes?
(a) He is alarmed about the Martians.
(b) He is selling newspapers.
(c) He is trying to cause trouble.
(d) He is just trying to get attention.
3. How is the soldier separated from his unit?
(a) He was discharged.
(b) He ran away.
(c) His horse fell.
(d) They abadoned him.
4. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
5. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(a) Someone banging on the walls.
(d) A faint stirring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
2. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
3. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
4. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
5. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)