|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
(b) A construction worker.
(d) A soldier.
2. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
(b) 8:00 PM.
(c) 3:00 PM.
(d) 11:00 AM.
3. What does the Committee of Public Safety do when they meet the narrator's brother?
(a) Give him money.
(b) Steal his horse.
(c) Fight him.
(d) Give him food.
4. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
(a) All day.
(b) All night.
(c) Very little.
(d) He and the narrator sleep in shifts throughout the day.
5. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He decides to hide.
(b) He makes plans to leave town.
(c) He heads back to the crash site.
(d) He panics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
2. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
3. What does the narrator's brother here about London as he travels with the two women?
4. Why do the narrator and soldier decide to take a long route when leaving Woking?
5. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)