|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
(a) The Thing.
(c) The Monster.
(d) The Rocket.
2. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
(a) The other Martians protect him.
(b) He does not.
(c) He can repair it from inside.
(d) He kills everyone nearby and then repairs it.
3. How is the soldier separated from his unit?
(a) He was discharged.
(b) His horse fell.
(c) They abadoned him.
(d) He ran away.
4. As he watches from the ruined house, the narrator sees a Martian pick up a person from where?
(a) A house.
(b) A cage.
(c) A cart.
(d) A bush.
5. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) His house.
(b) The train station.
(c) On the common.
(d) In a restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
2. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
3. How do most people react to the invasion on the first Friday after the cylinder lands?
4. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
5. What do the soldier and the narrator bring with them when they decide to leave Woking?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)