|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(a) Someone banging on the walls.
(c) A faint stirring.
2. What disability does Henderson have?
(a) He is deaf in one ear.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) He cannot move one of his arms.
(d) He has a speech impediment.
3. What is the Thunder Child?
(a) A horse.
(b) A tank.
(c) A large gun.
(d) A warship.
4. What does the curate spend most days doing just after the house is ruined?
(a) Looking for food.
(d) Planning his escape.
5. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
(a) Shoot into the pit.
(b) Tell the narrator to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
2. Why is the young boy yelling in the middle of town on the Friday evening after the cylinder crashes?
3. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
4. How long has it been since the soldier has eaten when he first teams up with the narrator?
5. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)