|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the young boy yelling in the middle of town on the Friday evening after the cylinder crashes?
(a) He is alarmed about the Martians.
(b) He is selling newspapers.
(c) He is trying to cause trouble.
(d) He is just trying to get attention.
2. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
(a) He fights with them.
(b) A soldier helps him get away.
(c) The Martians do not see him.
(d) He hides in the water.
3. How much does the curate sleep when he and the narrator are hiding in the ruined house?
(a) Very little.
(b) All day.
(c) He and the narrator sleep in shifts throughout the day.
(d) All night.
4. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
(a) A peace sign.
(b) A heart.
(c) A British flag.
(d) A white flag.
5. How is the soldier separated from his unit?
(a) He was discharged.
(b) He ran away.
(c) His horse fell.
(d) They abadoned him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Committee of Public Safety do when they meet the narrator's brother?
2. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
3. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
4. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
5. Where does the Lieutenant tell the narrator and the soldier to go?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)