|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator begin to believe right after he leaves the ruined house?
(a) He is the only living person in the area.
(b) He will find his wife somewhere.
(c) He should try to bargain with the Martians.
(d) The military will find him soon.
2. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
(a) The Monster.
(b) The Rocket.
(c) The Thing.
3. How does the narrator feel when he first leaves the ruined house?
(a) Upset about what happened with the curate.
(b) Lonely and hopeless.
(c) Hopeful that he will find his wife.
(d) Like he is under Martian control.
4. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(c) One hundred.
5. What does the narrator find to eat after he decides to leave the ruined house?
(b) A rodent.
Short Answer Questions
1. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
2. What color is the weed that seems to be everywhere around the ruined house?
3. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
4. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
5. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)