|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
(a) The other Martians protect him.
(b) He kills everyone nearby and then repairs it.
(c) He can repair it from inside.
(d) He does not.
2. Why is the young boy yelling in the middle of town on the Friday evening after the cylinder crashes?
(a) He is selling newspapers.
(b) He is just trying to get attention.
(c) He is trying to cause trouble.
(d) He is alarmed about the Martians.
3. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
(a) It is made of unknown materials.
(b) It does not exist.
(c) It is hidden.
(d) It is invisible.
4. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
(c) Shoot into the pit.
(d) Tell the narrator to leave.
5. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
(a) A Martian.
(c) Green smoke.
(d) A missle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
2. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
3. Where do the curate and narrator first see other people?
4. What is a "sapper?"
5. How does the Lieutenant respond to the soldier and narrator's story when meeting them?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)