|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
(a) A shed.
(b) Another house.
(c) A garden.
(d) A squirrel's den.
2. Where do the government officials go when the Martians attack London?
3. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
(a) Six days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Five weeks.
4. What does the narrator see the Martians do from the ruined house?
(a) Force humans to fight with them.
(b) Build another weapon.
(c) Kill a little boy.
(d) Fight with each other.
5. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
2. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
3. What disability does Henderson have?
4. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
5. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)