|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
2. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
3. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
(a) A construction worker.
(c) The narrator.
4. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(a) A faint stirring.
(d) Someone banging on the walls.
5. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
(a) Trying to open it.
(b) Throwing rocks at it.
(c) Daring each other to touch it.
(d) Yelling at it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the curate eat when he and the narrator are trapped in the ruined house?
2. How does the narrator say many people were acting towards each other during the Martian invasion?
3. What does the narrator start calling the tripods when he travels with the curate?
4. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
5. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)