|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
(a) The narrator.
(d) A construction worker.
2. What can survive the heat ray?
3. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
4. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He heads back to the crash site.
(b) He panics.
(c) He decides to hide.
(d) He makes plans to leave town.
5. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) The train station.
(c) On the common.
(d) His house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
2. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
3. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
4. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
5. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)