|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
(a) A peace sign.
(b) A white flag.
(c) A heart.
(d) A British flag.
2. Where does the Lieutenant tell the narrator and the soldier to go?
3. What color is the weed that seems to be everywhere around the ruined house?
4. What is a "sapper?"
(a) A man who makes syrup.
(b) A skilled front-line soldier.
(c) A bar owner.
(d) A member of the Navy.
5. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator feel when he first leaves the ruined house?
2. Why does the narrator say that he recounted the story of his brother?
3. What does the soldier do who pairs up with the narrator?
4. Who is Henderson?
5. How long has it been since the soldier has eaten when he first teams up with the narrator?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)