|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many houses around the pit catch fire on Friday night?
2. What does the Committee of Public Safety do when they meet the narrator's brother?
(a) Steal his horse.
(b) Give him money.
(c) Give him food.
(d) Fight him.
3. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
(a) A tree trunk.
(b) A group of soldiers.
(c) A mound of sand.
(d) A metal shield.
4. What can survive the heat ray?
5. What does the narrator begin to believe right after he leaves the ruined house?
(a) He is the only living person in the area.
(b) He will find his wife somewhere.
(c) He should try to bargain with the Martians.
(d) The military will find him soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's brother here about London as he travels with the two women?
2. What is a Deputation?
3. Where do the curate and narrator first see other people?
4. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
5. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)