|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the young boy yelling in the middle of town on the Friday evening after the cylinder crashes?
(a) He is trying to cause trouble.
(b) He is alarmed about the Martians.
(c) He is just trying to get attention.
(d) He is selling newspapers.
2. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
(a) Ten yards.
(b) Five yards.
(c) Thirty yards.
(d) Twenty yards.
3. Who is Henderson?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An astronomer.
(d) A journalist.
4. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
(a) They become very alarmed.
(b) They become angry at the visitors.
(c) They think that the visitors must be crazy.
(d) They insist on calling the military for help.
5. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
(a) A construction worker.
(d) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most people react to the invasion on the first Friday after the cylinder lands?
2. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
3. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
4. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
5. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)