|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
(a) Twenty yards.
(b) Ten yards.
(c) Thirty yards.
(d) Five yards.
2. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
(a) A white flag.
(b) A British flag.
(c) A peace sign.
(d) A heart.
3. What color are the gas jets?
4. What does the word "canard" mean?
(a) A distraction.
(b) A card game.
(c) A worthless object.
(d) A false story.
5. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not die in the heat ray?
2. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
3. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
4. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
5. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)