|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
(a) They insist on calling the military for help.
(b) They become very alarmed.
(c) They think that the visitors must be crazy.
(d) They become angry at the visitors.
2. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
(b) One hundred.
3. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
(a) Excitement and anger.
(b) Excitement and fear.
(c) Fear and anger.
(d) Fear and curiosity.
4. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
(b) Message Received From Mars.
(c) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
(d) Evacuate Immediately.
5. Who is Henderson?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An astronomer.
(d) A journalist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Deputation?
2. About how many soldiers does the military send in response to the first cylinder crash?
3. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
4. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
5. Who does not die in the heat ray?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)