|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disability does Henderson have?
(a) He cannot move one of his arms.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) He is deaf in one ear.
(d) He has a speech impediment.
2. About how many soldiers does the military send in response to the first cylinder crash?
(a) One thousand.
(b) One hundred
(d) Four hundred.
3. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) His house.
(b) The train station.
(c) On the common.
(d) In a restaurant.
4. What can survive the heat ray?
5. Who is Henderson?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) An astronomer.
(d) A journalist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
2. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
3. How do most people react to the invasion on the first Friday after the cylinder lands?
4. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
5. Who does not die in the heat ray?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)