|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
2. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
(b) Evacuate Immediately.
(c) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
(d) Message Received From Mars.
3. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
(a) The Rocket.
(b) The Thing.
(d) The Monster.
4. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Lord Harrington.
(b) Lord Vasser.
(c) Lord Hilton.
(d) Lord William.
5. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
2. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
3. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
4. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
5. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)