|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
2. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Lord Harrington.
(b) Lord Vasser.
(c) Lord William.
(d) Lord Hilton.
3. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
(a) The Post-Dispatch.
(b) The Woking Journal.
(c) News of the Day.
(d) The Daily Chronicle.
4. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
5. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
(a) They are angry.
(b) It scares them.
(c) They are disappointed.
(d) They are indifferent to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
2. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
3. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
4. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
5. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)