|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
(a) A mound of sand.
(b) A tree trunk.
(c) A metal shield.
(d) A group of soldiers.
2. About how many soldiers does the military send in response to the first cylinder crash?
(a) One hundred
(b) Four hundred.
(c) One thousand.
3. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
(b) Evacuate Immediately.
(c) Message Received From Mars.
(d) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
4. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
(a) The narrator.
(c) A construction worker.
5. What does the word "canard" mean?
(a) A worthless object.
(b) A false story.
(c) A distraction.
(d) A card game.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
2. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
3. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
4. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
5. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)