|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
(b) A construction worker.
(c) A soldier.
2. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
3. What does the word "canard" mean?
(a) A false story.
(b) A distraction.
(c) A worthless object.
(d) A card game.
4. Who is Henderson?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A journalist.
(c) An astronomer.
(d) A blacksmith.
5. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
(a) A metal shield.
(b) A mound of sand.
(c) A group of soldiers.
(d) A tree trunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
2. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
3. Henderson sends news of the cylinder to his colleagues in what city?
4. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
5. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)