|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Study it.
(b) Open it.
(c) Dig it out.
(d) Destroy it.
2. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He panics.
(b) He decides to hide.
(c) He makes plans to leave town.
(d) He heads back to the crash site.
3. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(d) One hundred.
4. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
(c) A construction worker.
(d) The narrator.
5. Who is Henderson?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An astronomer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
2. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
3. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
4. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
5. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)