|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
(a) Yelling at it.
(b) Trying to open it.
(c) Throwing rocks at it.
(d) Daring each other to touch it.
2. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
(a) It is made of unknown materials.
(b) It is hidden.
(c) It does not exist.
(d) It is invisible.
3. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
(a) Thirty yards.
(b) Ten yards.
(c) Five yards.
(d) Twenty yards.
4. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He heads back to the crash site.
(b) He makes plans to leave town.
(c) He panics.
(d) He decides to hide.
5. About how many soldiers does the military send in response to the first cylinder crash?
(a) Four hundred.
(b) One hundred
(d) One thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the young boy yelling in the middle of town on the Friday evening after the cylinder crashes?
2. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
3. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
4. What can survive the heat ray?
5. How do most people react to the invasion on the first Friday after the cylinder lands?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)