|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He makes plans to leave town.
(b) He heads back to the crash site.
(c) He panics.
(d) He decides to hide.
2. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
(a) They are arrested.
(b) They are captured by Martians.
(c) They are crushed.
(d) They are shot.
3. How do most people react to the invasion on the first Friday after the cylinder lands?
(a) They have not taken much notice of it.
(b) They are keeping a close eye on the pit in shifts.
(c) They are very curious about what is happening.
(d) They are demanding action from the military.
4. Why is the young boy yelling in the middle of town on the Friday evening after the cylinder crashes?
(a) He is just trying to get attention.
(b) He is alarmed about the Martians.
(c) He is trying to cause trouble.
(d) He is selling newspapers.
5. What can survive the heat ray?
Short Answer Questions
1. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
2. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
3. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
4. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
5. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)