|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
2. What disability does Henderson have?
(a) He cannot move one of his arms.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) He has a speech impediment.
(d) He is deaf in one ear.
3. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
(a) A man.
(b) A strange creature.
(c) A Martian invader.
(d) An animal.
4. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
(a) A construction worker.
(d) The narrator.
5. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(b) A faint stirring.
(c) Someone banging on the walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can survive the heat ray?
2. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
3. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
5. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)