|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
(a) Fear and curiosity.
(b) Excitement and fear.
(c) Fear and anger.
(d) Excitement and anger.
2. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
3. What can survive the heat ray?
4. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
5. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
(a) The National Association of Astronomers.
(b) Astronomers United.
(c) The Astronomical Exchange.
(d) The League of Astronomers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
2. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
3. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
4. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
5. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)