|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(c) Someone banging on the walls.
(d) A faint stirring.
2. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
(a) They are indifferent to it.
(b) They are disappointed.
(c) They are angry.
(d) It scares them.
3. How does the narrator react when he reads an article about the cylinder at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He panics.
(b) He decides to hide.
(c) He makes plans to leave town.
(d) He heads back to the crash site.
4. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(b) One hundred.
5. Who is Henderson?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) An astronomer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
2. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
3. What does the word "canard" mean?
4. What disability does Henderson have?
5. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)