|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many soldiers does the military send in response to the first cylinder crash?
(b) One thousand.
(c) One hundred
(d) Four hundred.
2. Who does not die in the heat ray?
(b) A Martian.
3. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
(a) The Daily Chronicle.
(b) The Post-Dispatch.
(c) The Woking Journal.
(d) News of the Day.
4. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
(c) One hundred.
5. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
(a) Ten yards.
(b) Five yards.
(c) Twenty yards.
(d) Thirty yards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can survive the heat ray?
2. What disability does Henderson have?
3. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
4. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
5. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)