|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
(a) Yelling at it.
(b) Throwing rocks at it.
(c) Daring each other to touch it.
(d) Trying to open it.
2. What can survive the heat ray?
3. Who does not die in the heat ray?
(c) A Martian.
4. What is a Deputation?
(a) A group of delegates.
(b) A group of police officers.
(c) A group of soldiers.
(d) A group of journalists.
5. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
(a) The Daily Chronicle.
(b) The Post-Dispatch.
(c) The Woking Journal.
(d) News of the Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
2. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
3. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
4. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
5. What does the word "canard" mean?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)