|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "canard" mean?
(a) A card game.
(b) A distraction.
(c) A false story.
(d) A worthless object.
2. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
(a) Fear and curiosity.
(b) Fear and anger.
(c) Excitement and fear.
(d) Excitement and anger.
3. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(a) A faint stirring.
(c) Someone banging on the walls.
4. What color are the gas jets?
5. Who is Henderson?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An astronomer.
(d) A blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
2. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
3. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
4. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
5. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)