|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
2. What color are the gas jets?
3. What does the Deputation use as a signal to the Martians?
(a) A British flag.
(b) A peace sign.
(c) A white flag.
(d) A heart.
4. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
(a) They are indifferent to it.
(b) It scares them.
(c) They are disappointed.
(d) They are angry.
5. What can survive the heat ray?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
2. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
3. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
4. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
5. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)