|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disability does Henderson have?
(a) He has a speech impediment.
(b) He cannot move one of his arms.
(c) He cannot walk.
(d) He is deaf in one ear.
2. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
3. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
(a) Twenty yards.
(b) Ten yards.
(c) Thirty yards.
(d) Five yards.
4. What comes out of the pit after the Deputation signals the Martians?
(a) A Martian.
(b) Green smoke.
(d) A missle.
5. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can survive the heat ray?
2. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
3. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
4. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
5. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)