|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
(a) The Rocket.
(b) The Thing.
(d) The Monster.
2. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
(a) They become very alarmed.
(b) They insist on calling the military for help.
(c) They think that the visitors must be crazy.
(d) They become angry at the visitors.
3. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
(a) A metal shield.
(b) A mound of sand.
(c) A group of soldiers.
(d) A tree trunk.
4. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
(a) The National Association of Astronomers.
(b) Astronomers United.
(c) The Astronomical Exchange.
(d) The League of Astronomers.
5. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
(a) Five yards.
(b) Ten yards.
(c) Twenty yards.
(d) Thirty yards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
2. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
3. How many houses around the pit catch fire on Friday night?
4. Who does not die in the heat ray?
5. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)