|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many houses around the pit catch fire on Friday night?
2. Who is Henderson?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A journalist.
(c) An astronomer.
(d) A doctor.
3. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
4. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
(c) A construction worker.
(d) A soldier.
5. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not die in the heat ray?
2. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
3. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
4. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
5. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)