|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
(a) It is hidden.
(b) It does not exist.
(c) It is made of unknown materials.
(d) It is invisible.
2. What does the narrator first call the cylinder?
(b) The Rocket.
(c) The Thing.
(d) The Monster.
3. What does the word "canard" mean?
(a) A worthless object.
(b) A card game.
(c) A false story.
(d) A distraction.
4. How large in diameter is the first cylinder?
(a) Twenty yards.
(b) Five yards.
(c) Ten yards.
(d) Thirty yards.
5. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Dig it out.
(b) Destroy it.
(c) Study it.
(d) Open it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what town is the gas jet first spotted?
2. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
3. What do the first visitors to the cylinder think is inside it at first?
4. What disability does Henderson have?
5. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)