Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 6, The Work of Fifteen Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Six days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Seven days.
2. Where does the narrator search for food after leaving the ruined house?
(a) Another house.
(b) A squirrel's den.
(c) A garden.
(d) A shed.
3. Where do the government officials go when the Martians attack London?
4. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(a) Someone banging on the walls.
(c) A faint stirring.
5. Where do the Martian disks first emerge according to the soldier?
(a) A river.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The common.
(d) Under London.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
2. What is a Deputation?
3. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
4. How do the villagers react when the first visitors to the cylinder spread the news?
5. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)