Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 8, Friday Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the young boy yelling in the middle of town on the Friday evening after the cylinder crashes?
(a) He is selling newspapers.
(b) He is alarmed about the Martians.
(c) He is just trying to get attention.
(d) He is trying to cause trouble.
2. What do people hear coming from the pit a few nights after the cylinder crashes?
3. Who does not die in the heat ray?
(c) A Martian.
4. Who is Henderson?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) An astronomer.
5. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Lord William.
(b) Lord Vasser.
(c) Lord Harrington.
(d) Lord Hilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
2. What is the name of the narrator's local newspaper?
3. What two emotions does the narrator experience after the first Martian appears?
4. Who is the first person to see the cylinder when it crashes?
5. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)