|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Martians initially attack nearby the night after the narrator's brother is introduced?
2. What do the soldier and the narrator bring with them when they decide to leave Woking?
(a) Food and water.
(b) Food and the narrator's dog.
(c) Weapons and food.
(d) Food and whiskey.
3. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
4. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Open it.
(b) Destroy it.
(c) Dig it out.
(d) Study it.
5. What is a "sapper?"
(a) A skilled front-line soldier.
(b) A member of the Navy.
(c) A bar owner.
(d) A man who makes syrup.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator decide to take his wife when his chimney is cracked?
2. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
3. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
4. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
5. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)