|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
(a) They are crushed.
(b) They are shot.
(c) They are arrested.
(d) They are captured by Martians.
2. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
3. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
(a) A construction worker.
(c) A soldier.
4. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
(a) A tree trunk.
(b) A metal shield.
(c) A mound of sand.
(d) A group of soldiers.
5. How does the Lieutenant respond to the soldier and narrator's story when meeting them?
(a) He says that he saw the same things they did.
(b) He says that he will protect them.
(c) He accuses them of being insane.
(d) He does not believe them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
2. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
3. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
4. How many Martians initially attack nearby the night after the narrator's brother is introduced?
5. What is a "sapper?"
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)