|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
(a) Yelling at it.
(b) Trying to open it.
(c) Throwing rocks at it.
(d) Daring each other to touch it.
2. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
(a) He hides in the water.
(b) He fights with them.
(c) A soldier helps him get away.
(d) The Martians do not see him.
3. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Lord Vasser.
(b) Lord Harrington.
(c) Lord Hilton.
(d) Lord William.
4. Where does the narrator decide to take his wife when his chimney is cracked?
5. Where does the Lieutenant tell the narrator and the soldier to go?
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
2. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
3. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
4. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
5. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)