|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Open it.
(b) Destroy it.
(c) Study it.
(d) Dig it out.
2. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
(a) A group of soldiers.
(b) A mound of sand.
(c) A tree trunk.
(d) A metal shield.
3. How many Martians initially attack nearby the night after the narrator's brother is introduced?
4. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(a) One hundred.
5. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
(c) A soldier.
(d) A construction worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator decide to take his wife when his chimney is cracked?
2. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
3. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
4. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
5. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)