|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marshall?
(a) A fisherman.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A tobacconist.
(d) A farmer.
2. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
(d) One hundred.
3. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
4. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
(a) The Astronomical Exchange.
(b) The National Association of Astronomers.
(c) The League of Astronomers.
(d) Astronomers United.
5. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
(a) Standing in line for food.
(b) Frantically evacuating.
(c) Calmly packing their things.
(d) Boarding up their houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
2. What do the soldier and the narrator bring with them when they decide to leave Woking?
3. What is a "sapper?"
4. Who does the narrator say he finds reassuring the morning before he is forced to flee?
5. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)