|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
(a) A group of soldiers.
(b) A mound of sand.
(c) A metal shield.
(d) A tree trunk.
2. Who is Marshall?
(a) A tobacconist.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A fisherman.
(d) A farmer.
3. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Message Received From Mars.
(b) Evacuate Immediately.
(c) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
(d) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
4. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
5. What is a "sapper?"
(a) A skilled front-line soldier.
(b) A bar owner.
(c) A member of the Navy.
(d) A man who makes syrup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
2. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
3. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
4. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
5. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)