|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldier and the narrator bring with them when they decide to leave Woking?
(a) Food and the narrator's dog.
(b) Weapons and food.
(c) Food and whiskey.
(d) Food and water.
2. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(a) Someone banging on the walls.
(c) A faint stirring.
3. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) His house.
(b) The train station.
(c) On the common.
(d) In a restaurant.
4. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
(a) A mound of sand.
(b) A tree trunk.
(c) A metal shield.
(d) A group of soldiers.
5. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Lord William.
(b) Lord Harrington.
(c) Lord Vasser.
(d) Lord Hilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
2. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
3. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
4. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
5. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)