|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldier and the narrator bring with them when they decide to leave Woking?
(a) Food and water.
(b) Food and the narrator's dog.
(c) Weapons and food.
(d) Food and whiskey.
2. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
3. Where does the Lieutenant tell the narrator and the soldier to go?
4. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(a) Someone banging on the walls.
(d) A faint stirring.
5. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
(a) They are crushed.
(b) They are arrested.
(c) They are shot.
(d) They are captured by Martians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
2. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
3. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
4. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
5. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)