|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
(a) They are disappointed.
(b) It scares them.
(c) They are indifferent to it.
(d) They are angry.
2. Why do the narrator and soldier decide to take a long route when leaving Woking?
(a) The direct road is crowded with people.
(b) The direct road has been blocked.
(c) The long route will be safer.
(d) There may be food on the long route.
3. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
(a) Sharp blades.
(c) Large black tubes.
4. Who is Marshall?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A fisherman.
(d) A tobacconist.
5. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
Short Answer Questions
1. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
2. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
3. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
4. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
5. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)