|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marshall?
(a) A fisherman.
(b) A tobacconist.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A soldier.
2. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
(b) A faint stirring.
(c) Someone banging on the walls.
3. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
(a) It is invisible.
(b) It is made of unknown materials.
(c) It does not exist.
(d) It is hidden.
4. How many Martians initially attack nearby the night after the narrator's brother is introduced?
5. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
(b) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
(c) Message Received From Mars.
(d) Evacuate Immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
2. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
3. Who does the narrator say he finds reassuring the morning before he is forced to flee?
4. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
5. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)