|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "sapper?"
(a) A bar owner.
(b) A member of the Navy.
(c) A skilled front-line soldier.
(d) A man who makes syrup.
2. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
3. What do the soldier and the narrator bring with them when they decide to leave Woking?
(a) Weapons and food.
(b) Food and water.
(c) Food and whiskey.
(d) Food and the narrator's dog.
4. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Dig it out.
(b) Open it.
(c) Study it.
(d) Destroy it.
5. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
(a) It shoots fire.
(b) It emits toxic smoke.
(c) It works as a mounted gun on the tripods.
(d) It knocks down enemy vehicles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
2. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
3. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
4. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
5. Who does the narrator say he finds reassuring the morning before he is forced to flee?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)