|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
(a) He does not.
(b) He can repair it from inside.
(c) He kills everyone nearby and then repairs it.
(d) The other Martians protect him.
2. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Message Received From Mars.
(b) Government Says Not to be Alarmed.
(c) Invaders from Mars Discovered!
(d) Evacuate Immediately.
3. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
(a) A tree trunk.
(b) A mound of sand.
(c) A group of soldiers.
(d) A metal shield.
4. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
(a) A construction worker.
(b) A soldier.
5. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
(a) They are captured by Martians.
(b) They are shot.
(c) They are arrested.
(d) They are crushed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "sapper?"
2. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
3. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
4. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
5. Why do the narrator and soldier decide to take a long route when leaving Woking?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)