|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator decide to take his wife when his chimney is cracked?
2. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Open it.
(b) Study it.
(c) Dig it out.
(d) Destroy it.
3. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
(a) Shooting at him.
(b) Pulling him into the pit.
(c) Attacking him.
(d) Ignoring him.
4. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) The train station.
(c) On the common.
(d) His house.
5. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
2. What is a "sapper?"
3. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
4. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
5. Where does the Lieutenant tell the narrator and the soldier to go?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)