|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
(a) Throwing rocks at it.
(b) Trying to open it.
(c) Yelling at it.
(d) Daring each other to touch it.
2. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They are captured by Martians.
(c) They are crushed.
(d) They are arrested.
3. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
(a) Shooting at him.
(b) Attacking him.
(c) Pulling him into the pit.
(d) Ignoring him.
4. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Study it.
(b) Open it.
(c) Dig it out.
(d) Destroy it.
5. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
(a) He hides in the water.
(b) A soldier helps him get away.
(c) The Martians do not see him.
(d) He fights with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
2. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
3. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
4. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
5. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)