|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
(a) It scares them.
(b) They are disappointed.
(c) They are indifferent to it.
(d) They are angry.
2. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
(a) One hundred.
3. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
(a) Attacking him.
(b) Ignoring him.
(c) Shooting at him.
(d) Pulling him into the pit.
4. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
(a) Astronomers United.
(b) The League of Astronomers.
(c) The National Association of Astronomers.
(d) The Astronomical Exchange.
5. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Lord Vasser.
(b) Lord William.
(c) Lord Hilton.
(d) Lord Harrington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
2. Why do the narrator and soldier decide to take a long route when leaving Woking?
3. What are the little boys doing to the cylinder the morning after it crashes?
4. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
5. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)