|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
2. What direction do the Martians head after they attack Surrey?
3. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
(b) Sharp blades.
(d) Large black tubes.
4. What is a "sapper?"
(a) A skilled front-line soldier.
(b) A man who makes syrup.
(c) A member of the Navy.
(d) A bar owner.
5. Who is Marshall?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A tobacconist.
(c) A fisherman.
(d) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
2. What do the people near the cylinder hear coming from inside of it at the end of the first day after the cylinder crashes?
3. How does the narrator escape when the army first fights the Martians?
4. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
5. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)