|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
(a) It knocks down enemy vehicles.
(b) It works as a mounted gun on the tripods.
(c) It emits toxic smoke.
(d) It shoots fire.
2. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
(a) Standing in line for food.
(b) Boarding up their houses.
(c) Calmly packing their things.
(d) Frantically evacuating.
3. Where does the narrator meet the man who owns the land where the cylinder crashes?
(a) The train station.
(b) On the common.
(c) His house.
(d) In a restaurant.
4. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
(a) It is invisible.
(b) It does not exist.
(c) It is hidden.
(d) It is made of unknown materials.
5. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Open it.
(b) Dig it out.
(c) Study it.
(d) Destroy it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
2. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
3. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
4. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
5. Why do the narrator and soldier decide to take a long route when leaving Woking?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)