|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Study it.
(b) Destroy it.
(c) Dig it out.
(d) Open it.
2. What do the soldier and the narrator bring with them when they decide to leave Woking?
(a) Food and the narrator's dog.
(b) Food and whiskey.
(c) Food and water.
(d) Weapons and food.
3. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
(a) One hundred.
4. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
(a) Sharp blades.
(b) Large black tubes.
5. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
(a) Standing in line for food.
(b) Calmly packing their things.
(c) Boarding up their houses.
(d) Frantically evacuating.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Lieutenant respond to the soldier and narrator's story when meeting them?
2. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
3. How many Martians initially attack nearby the night after the narrator's brother is introduced?
4. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
5. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)