|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the narrator and soldier decide to take a long route when leaving Woking?
(a) There may be food on the long route.
(b) The direct road has been blocked.
(c) The direct road is crowded with people.
(d) The long route will be safer.
2. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Lord William.
(b) Lord Vasser.
(c) Lord Hilton.
(d) Lord Harrington.
3. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
(a) 11:00 AM.
(b) 8:00 PM.
(c) 3:00 PM.
4. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
(a) It scares them.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are indifferent to it.
(d) They are disappointed.
5. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
(a) A mound of sand.
(b) A metal shield.
(c) A group of soldiers.
(d) A tree trunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
2. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
3. Who does the narrator say he finds reassuring the morning before he is forced to flee?
4. Where does the narrator decide to take his wife when his chimney is cracked?
5. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)