|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Open it.
(c) Study it.
(d) Dig it out.
2. About how many people surround the pit the morning after the cylinder lands?
(d) One hundred.
3. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
(a) A construction worker.
(c) A soldier.
4. What does the new weapon do that the Martians reveal at Surrey?
(a) It works as a mounted gun on the tripods.
(b) It knocks down enemy vehicles.
(c) It shoots fire.
(d) It emits toxic smoke.
5. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It is made of unknown materials.
(c) It is hidden.
(d) It is invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the narrator and soldier decide to take a long route when leaving Woking?
2. What is the man selling near the pit shortly after the cylinder crashes?
3. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
4. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
5. Where does the Lieutenant tell the narrator and the soldier to go?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)