|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Lieutenant respond to the soldier and narrator's story when meeting them?
(a) He says that he saw the same things they did.
(b) He does not believe them.
(c) He says that he will protect them.
(d) He accuses them of being insane.
2. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
(a) Sharp blades.
(c) Large black tubes.
3. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
(a) Lord William.
(b) Lord Vasser.
(c) Lord Harrington.
(d) Lord Hilton.
4. A soldier tells the narrator that when a man waved a flag on a long pole at the Martians, the Martians responded by:
(a) Ignoring him.
(b) Pulling him into the pit.
(c) Attacking him.
(d) Shooting at him.
5. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
2. Who is Marshall?
3. In the days immediately following the first heat ray, the only people that know about it live in what town?
4. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
5. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)