|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the locals doing when the soldier and the narrator go to check in with the soldiers?
(a) Standing in line for food.
(b) Frantically evacuating.
(c) Calmly packing their things.
(d) Boarding up their houses.
2. Who does the narrator say he finds reassuring the morning before he is forced to flee?
(a) A policeman.
(b) The milkman.
(c) A reporter.
(d) His wife.
3. Why do the humans not know what the heat ray is?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It is made of unknown materials.
(c) It is invisible.
(d) It is hidden.
4. Where does the Lieutenant tell the narrator and the soldier to go?
5. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
(a) Shoot into the pit.
(d) Tell the narrator to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the professional organization for astronomers?
2. What saves some people from the first heat ray?
3. What happens to a few people when the crowd is escaping from the heat ray?
4. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
5. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)