|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Martians initially attack nearby the night after the narrator's brother is introduced?
2. What do the soldier and the narrator bring with them when they decide to leave Woking?
(a) Food and the narrator's dog.
(b) Weapons and food.
(c) Food and whiskey.
(d) Food and water.
3. Where does the Lieutenant tell the narrator and the soldier to go?
4. Who does the narrator say he finds reassuring the morning before he is forced to flee?
(a) A reporter.
(b) His wife.
(c) The milkman.
(d) A policeman.
5. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
(a) Large black tubes.
(d) Sharp blades.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people gathering around the cylinder initially react to it?
2. Who owns the property on which the first cylinder crashes?
3. About what time does the Martian attack of Surrey start?
4. What is a "sapper?"
5. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)