Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 15, What Had Happened in Surrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the four tripods carrying when they join the initial Martian attack on Surrey?
(a) Large black tubes.
(d) Sharp blades.
2. How does the Martian repair his tripod during the Martian attack of Surrey?
(a) He can repair it from inside.
(b) He does not.
(c) He kills everyone nearby and then repairs it.
(d) The other Martians protect him.
3. What do the soldier and the narrator bring with them when they decide to leave Woking?
(a) Weapons and food.
(b) Food and whiskey.
(c) Food and the narrator's dog.
(d) Food and water.
4. What are the men trying to do to the cylinder the day after it crashes?
(a) Open it.
(b) Dig it out.
(c) Study it.
(d) Destroy it.
5. How many policemen are sent to the common after the heat ray?
Short Answer Questions
1. The crowd that gathers around the pit the morning after the cylinder crashes are from Woking and what other town?
2. Who asks the narrator to go to the landowner's estate with him?
3. What do the soldiers do when the narrator tells them about the heat ray?
4. What is the London newspaper's headline the day after the first cylinder crashes?
5. About how many people does the heat ray kill?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)