|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
2. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
3. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
(a) He does not want to go.
(b) The trains are not running.
(c) He does not have a horse.
(d) He has to go to work.
4. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In a closet.
(d) Behind some shelves.
5. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
2. Where does the narrator's brother live?
3. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
4. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
5. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)