|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
(a) A chair leg.
(b) A doorknob.
(c) A piece of glass.
(d) A lump of coal.
2. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
3. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
(a) He thinks that the narrator is dead.
(b) He thinks that the narrator is coming for him.
(c) He thinks that the narrator must be hiding.
(d) He thinks that the narrator escaped.
4. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Six days.
5. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
(a) They push him.
(b) They pry him for details.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They laugh at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
2. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
3. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
4. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
5. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)