|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
2. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
(a) The curate is annoying.
(b) The curate is yelling at the Martians.
(c) The curate drinks the last of their supply.
(d) The curate threatens him.
3. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He runs into his wife.
(c) He steals a horse.
(d) He gets into a fight.
4. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
(a) He has to go to work.
(b) He does not have a horse.
(c) He does not want to go.
(d) The trains are not running.
5. Where does the narrator's brother live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
2. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
3. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
4. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
5. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)