|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
(a) A shell.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A tank.
(d) A firing squad.
2. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Six days.
(d) Seven days.
3. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
4. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
(a) In a closet.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the basement.
(d) Behind some shelves.
5. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
(a) There is no food for them on Earth.
(b) The gravity is too strong.
(c) There is not enough nitrogen in the air.
(d) The Martians cannot see very well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
2. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
3. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
4. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
5. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)