|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
(a) The Martians are coming.
(b) There is nothing to worry about.
(c) People are evacuating.
(d) They are trapped.
2. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
(a) A firing squad.
(b) A tank.
(c) A shell.
(d) A bomb.
3. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
(a) The gravity is too strong.
(b) There is not enough nitrogen in the air.
(c) The Martians cannot see very well.
(d) There is no food for them on Earth.
4. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
(a) He has to go to work.
(b) He does not want to go.
(c) He does not have a horse.
(d) The trains are not running.
5. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
(a) In the attic.
(b) Behind some shelves.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In a closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
2. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
3. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
4. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
5. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)