|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Six days.
2. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In a closet.
(c) Behind some shelves.
(d) In the attic.
3. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
(a) The Martians have not been reported as a threat.
(b) He does not believe that the Martians exist.
(c) His wife tells him not to worry.
(d) He gets a letter from the narrator.
4. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
(a) He thinks that the narrator is dead.
(b) He thinks that the narrator must be hiding.
(c) He thinks that the narrator is coming for him.
(d) He thinks that the narrator escaped.
5. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
2. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
3. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
4. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
5. Where does the narrator's brother live?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)