|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
(a) The Martians have not been reported as a threat.
(b) He gets a letter from the narrator.
(c) His wife tells him not to worry.
(d) He does not believe that the Martians exist.
2. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
(a) There is no food for them on Earth.
(b) There is not enough nitrogen in the air.
(c) The Martians cannot see very well.
(d) The gravity is too strong.
3. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
(a) In the attic.
(b) Behind some shelves.
(c) In a closet.
(d) In the basement.
4. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
(a) He does not want to go.
(b) He does not have a horse.
(c) He has to go to work.
(d) The trains are not running.
5. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
2. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
3. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
4. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
5. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)