|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
(a) The curate is yelling at the Martians.
(b) The curate threatens him.
(c) The curate drinks the last of their supply.
(d) The curate is annoying.
2. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They pry him for details.
(c) They laugh at him.
(d) They push him.
3. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
(a) They are trapped.
(b) People are evacuating.
(c) There is nothing to worry about.
(d) The Martians are coming.
4. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
(a) He has to go to work.
(b) The trains are not running.
(c) He does not have a horse.
(d) He does not want to go.
5. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
(a) His wife tells him not to worry.
(b) He gets a letter from the narrator.
(c) He does not believe that the Martians exist.
(d) The Martians have not been reported as a threat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator's brother live?
2. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
3. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
4. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
5. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)