|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He gets into a fight.
(c) He steals a horse.
(d) He runs into his wife.
2. What does the narrator tell his wife about the Martians in order to reassure her?
(a) The Martians are very weak.
(b) The Martians do not seem very dangerous.
(c) The Martians are very small.
(d) The Martians move very slowly.
3. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
(a) The gravity is too strong.
(b) There is no food for them on Earth.
(c) The Martians cannot see very well.
(d) There is not enough nitrogen in the air.
4. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A firing squad.
(c) A shell.
(d) A tank.
5. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
(a) In the attic.
(b) Behind some shelves.
(c) In a closet.
(d) In the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
2. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
3. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
4. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
5. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)