|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator's brother live?
2. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
(a) The Martians are coming.
(b) There is nothing to worry about.
(c) They are trapped.
(d) People are evacuating.
3. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
(a) The Martians cannot see very well.
(b) There is not enough nitrogen in the air.
(c) There is no food for them on Earth.
(d) The gravity is too strong.
4. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
(a) He has to go to work.
(b) He does not want to go.
(c) He does not have a horse.
(d) The trains are not running.
5. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
(a) His wife tells him not to worry.
(b) The Martians have not been reported as a threat.
(c) He does not believe that the Martians exist.
(d) He gets a letter from the narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
2. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
3. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
4. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
5. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)