|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
2. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
(a) The Martians have not been reported as a threat.
(b) He does not believe that the Martians exist.
(c) His wife tells him not to worry.
(d) He gets a letter from the narrator.
3. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He steals a horse.
(c) He gets into a fight.
(d) He runs into his wife.
4. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
(a) He does not want to go.
(b) He has to go to work.
(c) The trains are not running.
(d) He does not have a horse.
5. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
(a) A cart wheel.
(b) A chair.
(c) An axe.
(d) A meat chopper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
2. Where does the narrator's brother live?
3. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
4. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
5. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)