|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
2. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
3. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
(a) He runs into his wife.
(b) He steals a horse.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He gets into a fight.
4. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
5. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
(a) The Martians have not been reported as a threat.
(b) He gets a letter from the narrator.
(c) He does not believe that the Martians exist.
(d) His wife tells him not to worry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
2. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
3. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
4. What does the narrator tell his wife about the Martians in order to reassure her?
5. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)