|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator's brother live?
2. What does the narrator tell his wife about the Martians in order to reassure her?
(a) The Martians do not seem very dangerous.
(b) The Martians are very weak.
(c) The Martians move very slowly.
(d) The Martians are very small.
3. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
(a) He thinks that the narrator escaped.
(b) He thinks that the narrator is dead.
(c) He thinks that the narrator is coming for him.
(d) He thinks that the narrator must be hiding.
4. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
(a) He gets a letter from the narrator.
(b) His wife tells him not to worry.
(c) The Martians have not been reported as a threat.
(d) He does not believe that the Martians exist.
5. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
(a) A cart wheel.
(b) An axe.
(c) A chair.
(d) A meat chopper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
2. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
3. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
4. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
5. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)