|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
(a) A tank.
(b) A firing squad.
(c) A shell.
(d) A bomb.
2. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
(a) He thinks that the narrator escaped.
(b) He thinks that the narrator must be hiding.
(c) He thinks that the narrator is dead.
(d) He thinks that the narrator is coming for him.
3. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
(a) He steals a horse.
(b) He runs into his wife.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He gets into a fight.
4. What does the narrator tell his wife about the Martians in order to reassure her?
(a) The Martians are very weak.
(b) The Martians do not seem very dangerous.
(c) The Martians move very slowly.
(d) The Martians are very small.
5. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
(a) The curate threatens him.
(b) The curate is annoying.
(c) The curate is yelling at the Martians.
(d) The curate drinks the last of their supply.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
2. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
3. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
4. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
5. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)