|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
(a) He does not have a horse.
(b) The trains are not running.
(c) He does not want to go.
(d) He has to go to work.
2. What does the narrator tell his wife about the Martians in order to reassure her?
(a) The Martians are very weak.
(b) The Martians do not seem very dangerous.
(c) The Martians move very slowly.
(d) The Martians are very small.
3. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
(a) They push him.
(b) They pry him for details.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They laugh at him.
4. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
5. Where does the narrator's brother live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
2. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
3. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
4. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
5. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)