|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
(a) A piece of glass.
(b) A doorknob.
(c) A chair leg.
(d) A lump of coal.
2. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
(a) He does not believe that the Martians exist.
(b) His wife tells him not to worry.
(c) He gets a letter from the narrator.
(d) The Martians have not been reported as a threat.
3. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
4. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
(a) He does not want to go.
(b) He does not have a horse.
(c) He has to go to work.
(d) The trains are not running.
5. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
(a) In the attic.
(b) Behind some shelves.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In a closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
2. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
3. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
4. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
5. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)