|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
(a) Behind some shelves.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In a closet.
(d) In the attic.
2. Where does the narrator's brother live?
3. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
(a) He thinks that the narrator must be hiding.
(b) He thinks that the narrator escaped.
(c) He thinks that the narrator is dead.
(d) He thinks that the narrator is coming for him.
4. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
5. What does the narrator tell his wife about the Martians in order to reassure her?
(a) The Martians do not seem very dangerous.
(b) The Martians are very weak.
(c) The Martians move very slowly.
(d) The Martians are very small.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
2. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
3. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
4. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
5. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)