|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
2. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
(a) A doorknob.
(b) A chair leg.
(c) A piece of glass.
(d) A lump of coal.
3. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
(a) A tank.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A shell.
(d) A firing squad.
4. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
(a) He thinks that the narrator is coming for him.
(b) He thinks that the narrator escaped.
(c) He thinks that the narrator is dead.
(d) He thinks that the narrator must be hiding.
5. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In a closet.
(d) Behind some shelves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
2. Where does the narrator's brother live?
3. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
4. The curate drinks the last bottle of what beverage?
5. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)