|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator's brother live?
2. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
(a) The curate threatens him.
(b) The curate is yelling at the Martians.
(c) The curate drinks the last of their supply.
(d) The curate is annoying.
3. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
(a) A piece of glass.
(b) A lump of coal.
(c) A chair leg.
(d) A doorknob.
4. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
(a) A meat chopper.
(b) A cart wheel.
(c) A chair.
(d) An axe.
5. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
(a) They push him.
(b) They pry him for details.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They laugh at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
2. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
3. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
4. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
5. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)