|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
(a) The Martians cannot see very well.
(b) There is not enough nitrogen in the air.
(c) There is no food for them on Earth.
(d) The gravity is too strong.
2. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
3. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
(a) He does not want to go.
(b) He does not have a horse.
(c) The trains are not running.
(d) He has to go to work.
4. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
(a) He thinks that the narrator is coming for him.
(b) He thinks that the narrator must be hiding.
(c) He thinks that the narrator is dead.
(d) He thinks that the narrator escaped.
5. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
(a) They laugh at him.
(b) They pry him for details.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They push him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
2. What does the narrator tell his wife about the Martians in order to reassure her?
3. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
4. Where does the narrator's brother live?
5. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)