|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
(a) Six days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Seven days.
2. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In a closet.
(c) In the attic.
(d) Behind some shelves.
3. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
4. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
(a) A cart wheel.
(b) An axe.
(c) A meat chopper.
(d) A chair.
5. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
(a) The Martians have not been reported as a threat.
(b) He gets a letter from the narrator.
(c) His wife tells him not to worry.
(d) He does not believe that the Martians exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's brother think happens to the narrator after news reports of the Martians reach town?
2. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
3. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
4. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
5. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)