|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
(a) He steals a horse.
(b) He runs into his wife.
(c) He gets into a fight.
(d) He passes out.
2. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
(a) A firing squad.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A tank.
(d) A shell.
3. How does the narrator say he feels on his way home from the heat ray incident?
4. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
(a) Behind some shelves.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In a closet.
(d) In the attic.
5. What does the narrator's brother study in college?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator hit the curate over the head?
2. Why is the narrator's brother not very concerned about the narrator at first?
3. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
4. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
5. What does the narrator tell his wife about the Martians in order to reassure her?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)