|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4, The Death of the Curate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Martian tentacle reach into the ruined house and take?
(a) A doorknob.
(b) A chair leg.
(c) A lump of coal.
(d) A piece of glass.
2. What does the narrator use to hit the curate in the head?
(a) A meat chopper.
(b) An axe.
(c) A chair.
(d) A cart wheel.
3. What are the people coming back from the south of London saying?
(a) The Martians are coming.
(b) People are evacuating.
(c) They are trapped.
(d) There is nothing to worry about.
4. How do the villagers react to the narrator's story when he runs into the village after the heat ray?
(a) They laugh at him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They pry him for details.
(d) They push him.
5. How long do the curate and the narrator hide in the house before the narrator hits the curate?
(a) Six days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Seven days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say could kill all of the Martians, as he tries to reassure his wife?
2. Why does Ogilvy think it is impossible for the Martians to become established on Earth?
3. Why does the narrator's brother fail to travel to the narrator's home?
4. What happens to the narrator as he runs home after the heat ray?
5. Where does the narrator hide after he hits the curate?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)