|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does William mistake Willy for a boy?
(a) She is wearing britches.
(b) He does not mistake her becaues he knows her.
(c) She is the only female in the fort.
(d) She has her hair tucked under a leather strip.
2. What word does Willy hear when she gets back to the horse?
3. Why does Willy think she should search Canvas Town?
(a) Someone saw a group of black women there.
(b) Some of the women who are homeless end up in Canvas Town.
(c) Mr. Fraunces suggests that she do so.
(d) She would be safe there.
4. When does Willy get off the wagon?
(a) Once they are on the ferry.
(b) When Horace pulls up to a boarding house and tells her to get out.
(c) When they arrive at Horace's destination.
(d) Once they are in New York.
5. Why is Horace uncomfortable?
(a) He just realized Willy is a girl.
(b) The cook teases him about a girl down the street.
(c) He is unsure how Mr. Fraunces will react to Willy.
(d) His mother admonishes him about bringing strangers home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Horace say is the key to telling lies?
2. How does Lucy get the cow?
3. Where is the woman that Willy talked to when she and Horace return to Canvas Town?
4. What does Willy do immediately after her visitor leaves?
5. What does Captain Ivers ask Willy when he first sees her?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)