|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Canvas Town?
(a) A town about forty miles north of New York City.
(b) An area where the British soldiers are housed.
(c) A town about twenty miles south of New York City.
(d) A burned area in New York City.
2. Why is Jordan happy about his horse?
(a) The horse is no longer lame.
(b) The horse is pregnant.
(c) The black men did not find it.
(d) The horse is over a bout of colic.
3. When does Willy get off the wagon?
(a) When Horace pulls up to a boarding house and tells her to get out.
(b) Once they are in New York.
(c) Once they are on the ferry.
(d) When they arrive at Horace's destination.
4. What does Willy encounter as she is sailing toward New York?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) An American raiding party.
(c) Rough water.
(d) A British raiding party.
5. What are in abundance at Canvas Town?
(b) Injured soldiers.
(c) Drunks and poor people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willy's real name?
2. For whom does Horace work?
3. Why does Jordan want Willy to go with him to the woods near the fort?
4. To whom does Willy know she should write?
5. What word does Willy hear when she gets back to the horse?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)