|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cow represent to Lucy Freeman?
(c) Freedom and ownership.
2. What do the British do when Colonel Ledyard surrenders?
(a) Hangs him.
(b) Stabs him.
(c) Puts him in the stocks.
(d) Lets the Americans go after they drop their arms.
3. What is Mr. Fraunces' response to Willy's tale about her past?
(a) He says he does not believe her.
(b) He says she should go back to her family's farm.
(c) He offers her a job at the tavern.
(d) He says she should start wearing dresses.
4. What message do the British send to the fort?
(a) A demand for their British prisoners.
(b) An offer to let the women and children leave the fort.
(c) They do not send a note.
(d) A demand for their surrender.
5. What is in Baker's Cove?
(a) Some of the neighbors.
(b) A small group of American soldiers.
(c) Willy's aunt and uncle.
(d) Jordan's boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what village is the Fort located?
2. For whom does Willy say she works?
3. What does Willy say she wants to do when questioned by Betsy?
4. Who are Jordan and Lucy?
5. What do the two black men say about the Americans?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)