|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one option Willy thinks about but discards?
(a) Joining the American army pretending to be a boy.
(b) Staying and taking care of the farm.
(c) Traveling south with many other former slaves.
(d) Going to the Ledyard home.
2. What does Willy discover when she scouts the area?
(a) The bay is filled with British ships.
(b) There are only a few people left in the village.
(c) The horse has been stolen.
(d) Someone has buried her father.
3. What does Lucy beg Jordan not to do?
(a) Join the British army.
(b) Scout for the Americans.
(c) Take them off the farm and go South.
(d) Take Willy with him.
4. What does Colonel Ledyard do that is not required of him?
(a) Frees all his slaves.
(b) Joins the American forces.
(c) Frees the entire Freeman family.
(d) Works as a spy for the British.
5. How does Willy get into the fort?
(a) Through the back gate.
(b) By making the horse jump the small outer wall.
(c) She does not go to the fort.
(d) Holding onto a rope that her father pulls up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Betsy and Jack Arabus?
2. What does Captain Ivers say he needs Dan to do?
3. Where does Willy find her mother after leaving the fort?
4. What does Lucy tell two black men to take with them?
5. What do the two black men urge Lucy and Willy to do?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)