|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he returns to Washington at the end of the war, Pug is offered what position?
2. What is the name of the SS officer who is in charge of uncovering the mass graves and burning the bodies?
3. Where does President Roosevelt send Pug in Chapter 50?
4. What is the name of Pug's contact who may have enough clout to help Natalie?
5. What is Natalie told Louis died of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aster do during battle to show himself to be less than honorable?
2. What ordeal does Natalie go through before she learns that Louis is not dead?
3. How does Aaron get Natalie off the list of Jews to be moved out of Theresienstadt?
4. How are Slote's request to help the Jews received by the State Department?
5. What does General Yevlenko tell Pug about what has happened in Leningrad?
6. How does Louis make the German soldier guarding them on the train laugh?
7. What does Madeline reveal about their parents' marriage in the letter she writes to Byron?
8. How does Pug feel when he discovers the scrapbook Rhoda made of Warren's life?
9. How does Pug's visit go with President Roosevelt when he returns to Washington after losing the Northampton?
10. What is Theresienstadt and how does it allow the Germans to fool the rest of the world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was the reunion of Byron and Natalie satisfying to the reader? Why or why not? Why do you think Wouk depicted it this way?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the true hero of War and Remembrance and why?
Essay Topic 3
In this digital, high-tech age, would it be easier to round up and mistreat a large group of people? Are there modern day examples like the mass killings of the Jews in the 1940s? What does Wouk seem to give as the reason these atrocities can happen?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)