Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the clipper Pug is traveling on to Russia diverted to?
2. Pam and Pug are moving into a Washington apartment that formerly belong to whom?
3. What illness is Aaron diagnosed as having while in German custody in France?
4. Who writes to tell Byron the truth about Pug and Rhoda's divorce?
5. What does Aaron tell the new director that the music department at Theresienstadt needs?
Essay Topic 1
What does the character of Byron, an American married to an Auschwitz survivor, represent in the novel? What does Louis represent as the son of these two?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the novel depicts the way many Americans, even those overseas, failed to understand the impact World War II was soon to have on everyone's lives.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how even in the midst of war, love affairs dominate the hearts and minds of many of the characters. Do books and movies excessively romanticize this time period or are the portrayals of love triangles and such probably accurate?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)