|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked, on the train ride to Auschwitz, Aaron compares Hitler to _________.
2. What is the name of the book Hitler wrote?
3. Where does Leslie get information about the concentration camps?
4. What is the name of the new director at Theresienstadt after Aaron becomes a Jewish official?
5. What is the name of the married man Madeline Henry is having an affair with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Our little earth contains traces of the primordial ash of creation, powerful in handful sizes to wipe us all out: and human nature contains traces of savagery, persisting in advanced society, which can use the stuff to wipe us out." Discuss what Wouk means by this statement in the last chapter.
Essay Topic 2
In this digital, high-tech age, would it be easier to round up and mistreat a large group of people? Are there modern day examples like the mass killings of the Jews in the 1940s? What does Wouk seem to give as the reason these atrocities can happen?
Essay Topic 3
How are both the flaws and the depths of relationships in the novel magnified during war?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)