|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Army officer who admires Rhoda?
2. What is the name of the book Hitler wrote?
3. Aaron sings and dances to a death song one night and as the performance ends Aaron recognizes _____.
4. How many Jews are transported from Theresienstadt in an effort to alleviate the overcrowding before the Red Cross visit?
5. What does Leslie Slote tell Julius Wurtweiler is the only real way to help the Jews in Europe?
Essay Topic 1
Why are the characters of Rhoda and Pam the antithesis of each other? What seems to motivate each woman's relationship with Pug?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how even in the midst of war, love affairs dominate the hearts and minds of many of the characters. Do books and movies excessively romanticize this time period or are the portrayals of love triangles and such probably accurate?
Essay Topic 3
What does the character of Byron, an American married to an Auschwitz survivor, represent in the novel? What does Louis represent as the son of these two?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)