|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 53, according to Leslie Slote, where is Natalie?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the three things Aaron tells Natalie a Jew must never do?
3. The _______ Jews were the spotlight of the Red Cross visit to Theresienstadt.
4. What is Sime Anderson working on for the government?
5. Where does President Roosevelt send Pug in Chapter 50?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rhoda disagree with Pug about helping to get Natalie out of Europe?
2. How are Slote's request to help the Jews received by the State Department?
3. How does Pug's visit go with President Roosevelt when he returns to Washington after losing the Northampton?
4. Why are the children at Madame Rosen's orphanage rounded up by the Nazis?
5. How does Aaron manage to get some better food on the train when he is being transported to Auschwitz from Theresienstadt?
6. Why does Rhoda ask Pug for a divorce?
7. What does Pug discover when he asks other Americans in Iran about Rhoda and Peters?
8. What does Madeline reveal about their parents' marriage in the letter she writes to Byron?
9. What does General Yevlenko tell Pug about what has happened in Leningrad?
10. How does Mutterperl die, leaving Berel alone to escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the character of Leslie Slote play the role as the collective conscience of Americans?
Essay Topic 2
Why are the characters of Rhoda and Pam the antithesis of each other? What seems to motivate each woman's relationship with Pug?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the true hero of War and Remembrance and why?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)