Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the clipper Pug is traveling on to Russia diverted to?
2. Pam and Pug are moving into a Washington apartment that formerly belong to whom?
3. What illness is Aaron diagnosed as having while in German custody in France?
4. Who writes to tell Byron the truth about Pug and Rhoda's divorce?
5. What does Aaron tell the new director that the music department at Theresienstadt needs?
Essay Topic 1
How are both the flaws and the depths of relationships in the novel magnified during war?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how even in the midst of war, love affairs dominate the hearts and minds of many of the characters. Do books and movies excessively romanticize this time period or are the portrayals of love triangles and such probably accurate?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Aaron and Natalie's train trip from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz is an allegorical journey showing how horrific the end was for the Jews sent to the death camps.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)