|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Viscount that Pam plans to marry?
2. What is the name of the family Natalie and Aaron stay with in Corte, France?
3. Selma Ascher reminds Leslie Slote of whom?
4. Where does Byron meet Ursula?
5. Selma Ascher is going to marry an _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Byron and Natalie finally reunited in Marseilles?
2. Where is Byron Henry, Natalie's husband, at the beginning of War and Remembrance?
3. How does Dr. Beck respond when the SS official asks him about the Italian Jews?
4. How does Pug end up headed back to Washington after losing the Northampton?
5. What happens when Pamela Tudsbury goes with friends to meet her father at a club in Singapore?
6. What happens when the Northampton get hit in a battle off the coast of Tulagi?
7. Where is Natalie Henry as War and Remembrance opens?
8. Why is Natalie advised not to leave France immediately with Byron?
9. Why does Byron decide not to trust Luke Babbage with information about Natalie?
10. What is the history between Byron and Natalie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was the "Wannsee Protocol" used to convey the horror of what happened in the German death camps from the dual vantage point of being in the thick of the war and the wisdom of hindsight?
Essay Topic 2
How does the character of Leslie Slote play the role as the collective conscience of Americans?
Essay Topic 3
How does Pug show himself to be an honorable person in both his military career and his personal life? What aspect of the war and of the American persona of this time period is represented through the character of Pug Henry?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)