Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aaron tells Dr. Beck that he predicts the _______ will win the war.
2. After the Northampton is hit at Midway, what is the one cruiser left unscathed?
3. What is the name of the manuscript Aaron is working on?
4. What is being tested at Auschwitz in Chapter 46?
5. Whom was Natalie attracted to on the Izmir?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Aaron and Natalie meet with Eichmann during their stay at Theresienstadt?
2. How does Dr. Beck respond when the SS official asks him about the Italian Jews?
3. What concern about the Castelnuovo family does Natalie express to Rabinovitz?
4. What does Aster do during battle to show himself to be less than honorable?
5. What does Pug discover when he asks other Americans in Iran about Rhoda and Peters?
6. Why does Rhoda disagree with Pug about helping to get Natalie out of Europe?
7. What is Aaron Jastrow's reaction when Mose Sacerdote tells him it was Dr. Beck who arranged for him and Natalie to be detained in Italy?
8. What are Pug's thoughts about Warren as they go into the battle of Midway?
9. What does Roon write that the battle of Midway indicated?
10. How does Aaron get Natalie off the list of Jews to be moved out of Theresienstadt?
What is Wouk showing about human nature through the compliance of the Jews who are manipulated and intimidated by the SS soldiers?
How does the character of Leslie Slote play the role as the collective conscience of Americans?
How does Pug show himself to be an honorable person in both his military career and his personal life? What aspect of the war and of the American persona of this time period is represented through the character of Pug Henry?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)