|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Aaron wish he was on better terms with in Chapter 29?
2. What does Dr. Beck request Aaron to do?
3. What is the name of the Viscount that Pam plans to marry?
4. What is Mutterperl's job at Auschwitz?
5. Where does Natalie plan to go the night Byron appears suddenly in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pug's visit go with President Roosevelt when he returns to Washington after losing the Northampton?
2. What is the history between Byron and Natalie?
3. What was Natalie's job while she was at Auschwitz?
4. Where is Natalie Henry as War and Remembrance opens?
5. What does General Yevlenko tell Pug about what has happened in Leningrad?
6. Why does Selma Ascher catch the eye of Leslie Slote at a function in Bern?
7. How are Byron and Natalie finally reunited in Marseilles?
8. What does Roon write that the battle of Midway indicated?
9. Why does Byron decide not to trust Luke Babbage with information about Natalie?
10. Why are the children at Madame Rosen's orphanage rounded up by the Nazis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how World War II plays a central role in the story, more than just a backdrop or a mere setting, but rather as equally important as any character in the story.
Essay Topic 2
How are both the flaws and the depths of relationships in the novel magnified during war?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Aaron and Natalie's train trip from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz is an allegorical journey showing how horrific the end was for the Jews sent to the death camps.
This section contains 1,458 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)