|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Byron and Natalie go on their honeymoon?
2. Where is Pam Tudsbury having dinner with Phillip Rule in London?
3. Byron is sent to Marseilles as what for the military?
4. What is the name of the club in Singapore that Elsa McMahon is not allowed to enter?
5. Whom did von Roon believe to be Germany's greatest foe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pug end up headed back to Washington after losing the Northampton?
2. Why do Aaron's efforts to get out of Italy suddenly seem more urgent in Chapter 29?
3. What information about the Devilfish does Pug learn during his conversation with Talky in a Honolulu hotel?
4. How does Dr. Beck respond when the SS official asks him about the Italian Jews?
5. Why does Byron decide not to trust Luke Babbage with information about Natalie?
6. Where is Byron Henry, Natalie's husband, at the beginning of War and Remembrance?
7. What was the Doolittle Raid and why was it pivotal in the outcome in the war?
8. Why does Selma Ascher catch the eye of Leslie Slote at a function in Bern?
9. What is the history between Byron and Natalie?
10. What does Pam tell Rhoda when they meet for breakfast in Hollywood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Wouk showing about human nature through the compliance of the Jews who are manipulated and intimidated by the SS soldiers?
Essay Topic 2
How does the character of Leslie Slote play the role as the collective conscience of Americans?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the final thoughts Wouk leaves the reader with after the long journey through World War II.
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)