|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Byron and Natalie go on their honeymoon?
2. Whom was Natalie chasing after when she met and married Byron?
3. Byron is sent to Marseilles as what for the military?
4. What was the name of the book Mose Sacerdote wanted Aaron to sign?
5. How many of Admiral Spurance's decisions does von Roon note as being stragetically important to the battle of Midway?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Selma Ascher catch the eye of Leslie Slote at a function in Bern?
2. What does the Commandant of Auschwitz note about the women prisoners as the techniques for killing the Jews is honed?
3. What was the Doolittle Raid and why was it pivotal in the outcome in the war?
4. Why does Aaron Jastrow decide he must go to America with Natalie?
5. Where is Byron Henry, Natalie's husband, at the beginning of War and Remembrance?
6. Why is Natalie advised not to leave France immediately with Byron?
7. What is the history between Byron and Natalie?
8. What are Pug's thoughts about Warren as they go into the battle of Midway?
9. What does Pam write in her letter to Pug during her stay in California?
10. Why does Byron decide not to trust Luke Babbage with information about Natalie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are both the flaws and the depths of relationships in the novel magnified during war?
Essay Topic 2
Why are the characters of Rhoda and Pam the antithesis of each other? What seems to motivate each woman's relationship with Pug?
Essay Topic 3
What is Wouk showing about human nature through the compliance of the Jews who are manipulated and intimidated by the SS soldiers?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)