Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aaron tells Dr. Beck that he predicts the _______ will win the war.
2. After the Northampton is hit at Midway, what is the one cruiser left unscathed?
3. What is the name of the manuscript Aaron is working on?
4. What is being tested at Auschwitz in Chapter 46?
5. Whom was Natalie attracted to on the Izmir?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Aaron and Natalie meet with Eichmann during their stay at Theresienstadt?
2. How does Dr. Beck respond when the SS official asks him about the Italian Jews?
3. What concern about the Castelnuovo family does Natalie express to Rabinovitz?
4. What does Aster do during battle to show himself to be less than honorable?
5. What does Pug discover when he asks other Americans in Iran about Rhoda and Peters?
6. Why does Rhoda disagree with Pug about helping to get Natalie out of Europe?
7. What is Aaron Jastrow's reaction when Mose Sacerdote tells him it was Dr. Beck who arranged for him and Natalie to be detained in Italy?
8. What are Pug's thoughts about Warren as they go into the battle of Midway?
9. What does Roon write that the battle of Midway indicated?
10. How does Aaron get Natalie off the list of Jews to be moved out of Theresienstadt?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the final thoughts Wouk leaves the reader with after the long journey through World War II.
Essay Topic 2
Was the reunion of Byron and Natalie satisfying to the reader? Why or why not? Why do you think Wouk depicted it this way?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Aaron and Natalie's train trip from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz is an allegorical journey showing how horrific the end was for the Jews sent to the death camps.
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)