|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom was the leader of the Enterprise flight squadrons during the battle of Midway?
2. Whom did von Roon believe to be Germany's greatest foe?
3. What does Dr. Beck request Aaron to do?
4. Who comes aboard the Northampton to see Pug before he sails into battle?
5. Pam tells Rhoda that the last time she saw Warren he seemed _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pam write in her letter to Pug during her stay in California?
2. How does Dr. Beck respond when the SS official asks him about the Italian Jews?
3. What does Roon write that the battle of Midway indicated?
4. When does Aaron Jastrow finally come to the realization that Natalie was right to distrust Dr. Beck?
5. What does Pam tell Rhoda when they meet for breakfast in Hollywood?
6. What does Roon note in his document was the difference between the desires of the president and that of the American people?
7. What happens when the Northampton get hit in a battle off the coast of Tulagi?
8. What effect does hearing Pam's voice included on a broadcast with Talky have on Pug?
9. Why does Byron decide not to trust Luke Babbage with information about Natalie?
10. How are Byron and Natalie finally reunited in Marseilles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Pug show himself to be an honorable person in both his military career and his personal life? What aspect of the war and of the American persona of this time period is represented through the character of Pug Henry?
Essay Topic 2
How are both the flaws and the depths of relationships in the novel magnified during war?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the true hero of War and Remembrance and why?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)