|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the huts called that Berel is building at Auschwitz?
2. Selma Ascher is going to marry an _____________.
3. The Northampton and several other ships are off the coast of _________ when they take heavy torpedo fire.
4. Who comes aboard the Northampton to see Pug before he sails into battle?
5. What is the name of Pug's first officer on the Northampton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Pamela Tudsbury goes with friends to meet her father at a club in Singapore?
2. What is Aaron Jastrow's reaction when Mose Sacerdote tells him it was Dr. Beck who arranged for him and Natalie to be detained in Italy?
3. Describe the poignant scene at the end of Chapter 23.
4. Where is Natalie Henry as War and Remembrance opens?
5. How are Byron and Natalie finally reunited in Marseilles?
6. What are Pug's thoughts about Warren as they go into the battle of Midway?
7. What does Roon note in his document was the difference between the desires of the president and that of the American people?
8. What does Pam write in her letter to Pug during her stay in California?
9. What concern does Rhoda Henry express about her daughter-in-law in a letter to her husband?
10. What concern about the Castelnuovo family does Natalie express to Rabinovitz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Aaron and Natalie's train trip from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz is an allegorical journey showing how horrific the end was for the Jews sent to the death camps.
Essay Topic 2
Who is the true hero of War and Remembrance and why?
Essay Topic 3
What is Wouk showing about human nature through the compliance of the Jews who are manipulated and intimidated by the SS soldiers?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)