|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Berel Jastow is living in the German prison camp under what name?
2. What is the name of the ship Victor "Pug" Henry prepares to take command of in the beginning of War and Remembrance?
3. Whom did Byron meet up with at the party in Chapter 23?
4. Where is Byron attending submarine attack school?
5. What is Carter Aster's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the history between Byron and Natalie?
2. Why does Byron decide not to trust Luke Babbage with information about Natalie?
3. How does Berel Jastrow find the man he is supposed to give the secret documents to in Prague?
4. What does Pam write in her letter to Pug during her stay in California?
5. What does Madeline reveal about their parents' marriage in the letter she writes to Byron?
6. What information about the Devilfish does Pug learn during his conversation with Talky in a Honolulu hotel?
7. What was the Doolittle Raid and why was it pivotal in the outcome in the war?
8. Why is Leslie Slote surprised to see Selma at the home of Britton Treville?
9. What effect does hearing Pam's voice included on a broadcast with Talky have on Pug?
10. How does Pug feel when he discovers the scrapbook Rhoda made of Warren's life?
Essay Topic 1
What is Wouk showing about human nature through the compliance of the Jews who are manipulated and intimidated by the SS soldiers?
Essay Topic 2
How are both the flaws and the depths of relationships in the novel magnified during war?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Wouk fuses fact with fiction throughout the novel. How does Wouk blend the military and historical details to enhance and deepen the impact of the story?
This section contains 1,509 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)