|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Captain Aster's executive officer on the submarine?
(a) Walt Gaines.
(b) Pete Bettman.
(c) Bill Cornett.
(d) Brent Petrell.
2. The _______ Jews were the spotlight of the Red Cross visit to Theresienstadt.
3. What is Sime Anderson working on for the government?
(a) Secret code.
(b) Japanese war strategy.
(c) German war strategy.
(d) The atomic bomb.
4. What kind of program has Natalie been to when she returns to her room to discover new clothes for her meeting with Eichmann?
(a) A movie.
(b) A puppet show.
(c) A play.
(d) The opera.
5. What is the name of the SS officer who is in charge of uncovering the mass graves and burning the bodies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pam and Pug are moving into a Washington apartment that formerly belong to whom?
2. Madame Rosen's orphanage is located outside of __________.
3. What is the name of the new director at Theresienstadt after Aaron becomes a Jewish official?
4. Whom is Leslie Slote surprised to meet with while he is in Washington trying to get the American government to help with the plight of European Jews?
5. What is the Russian Army known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Red Cross representative who gave a glowing report of Theresienstadt later testify that he knew?
2. What does Pug discover when he asks other Americans in Iran about Rhoda and Peters?
3. What does General Yevlenko tell Pug about what has happened in Leningrad?
4. Why does Rhoda ask Pug for a divorce?
5. What is Theresienstadt and how does it allow the Germans to fool the rest of the world?
6. How does Pug feel when he discovers the scrapbook Rhoda made of Warren's life?
7. How does Louis make the German soldier guarding them on the train laugh?
8. Why does Rhoda disagree with Pug about helping to get Natalie out of Europe?
9. How does Aaron get Natalie off the list of Jews to be moved out of Theresienstadt?
10. What ordeal does Natalie go through before she learns that Louis is not dead?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)