|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What officials will be visiting Theresienstadt, causing the German camp to undergo a beautification program?
(a) French government.
(b) The Red Cross.
(d) American government.
2. What is the name of the submarine Byron commands?
3. Madame Rosen's orphanage is located outside of __________.
4. Whom is Janice sleeping with after Warren's death?
(a) Hugh Cleveland.
(b) Phillip Rule.
(c) Carter Aster.
(d) Sime Anderson.
5. Who is the Jewish woman who helps Berel Jastrow when he is captured by the partisans?
(a) Tonta Harberg.
(b) Helga Tuttlebaum.
(c) Griselda Bettleman.
(d) Bronka Ginsberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Pug's contact who may have enough clout to help Natalie?
2. What is the name of the Assistant Secretary of State Slote meets with about helping Jews come to America?
3. What kind of program has Natalie been to when she returns to her room to discover new clothes for her meeting with Eichmann?
4. What is the name of the Army officer who admires Rhoda?
5. What does Aaron tell the new director that the music department at Theresienstadt needs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Natalie's job while she was at Auschwitz?
2. How does Louis make the German soldier guarding them on the train laugh?
3. What happens when Aaron and Natalie meet with Eichmann during their stay at Theresienstadt?
4. How does Pug feel when he discovers the scrapbook Rhoda made of Warren's life?
5. What does Aster do during battle to show himself to be less than honorable?
6. What act of kindness strikes Natalie as she is being transported in a cattle car from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz?
7. Why does Rhoda disagree with Pug about helping to get Natalie out of Europe?
8. What ordeal does Natalie go through before she learns that Louis is not dead?
9. Why does a doctor Aaron meets compare Nazi Germany to the Ku Klux Klan?
10. How does Mutterperl die, leaving Berel alone to escape?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)