|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the new director at Theresienstadt after Aaron becomes a Jewish official?
(a) Abraham Jonesburg.
(b) Karl Rahm.
(c) Daniel Ginsburg.
(d) Josiah Tuttlebaum.
2. As Pug tours Russia, he is shocked to hear that General Yevlenko's mother died from___________________.
3. While unpacking Pug's things together at the new apartment, Rhoda and Pam hear of whose death?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) Louis Henry.
(d) Aaron Jastrow.
4. What is the name of the submarine Byron and Aster are on when Aster commands firing on the unarmed Japanese soldiers?
5. What Russian city does Pug tour to see the damage from the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 53, according to Leslie Slote, where is Natalie?
2. Peters reveals to Pug in Chapter 80 that the Army is interested in the Navy's system of processing _________.
3. What kind of program has Natalie been to when she returns to her room to discover new clothes for her meeting with Eichmann?
4. What is the name of the book Hitler wrote?
5. When Aaron meets with SS officials during his time at Theresienstadt, what do they ask him to be the head of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What act of kindness strikes Natalie as she is being transported in a cattle car from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz?
2. How does Pug feel when he discovers the scrapbook Rhoda made of Warren's life?
3. How are Slote's request to help the Jews received by the State Department?
4. How does Mutterperl die, leaving Berel alone to escape?
5. What does the Red Cross representative who gave a glowing report of Theresienstadt later testify that he knew?
6. Why are the children at Madame Rosen's orphanage rounded up by the Nazis?
7. What is Theresienstadt and how does it allow the Germans to fool the rest of the world?
8. Why does Rhoda ask Pug for a divorce?
9. How does Berel Jastrow find the man he is supposed to give the secret documents to in Prague?
10. What was Natalie's job while she was at Auschwitz?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)