|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he returns to Washington at the end of the war, Pug is offered what position?
(a) Naval Liason.
(b) Secretary of the Navy.
(c) Naval Aide.
(d) Russian Ambassador.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the three things Aaron tells Natalie a Jew must never do?
(a) Have forbidden sex.
(c) Worship false gods.
(d) Fight back.
3. Whom is Janice sleeping with after Warren's death?
(a) Phillip Rule.
(b) Carter Aster.
(c) Sime Anderson.
(d) Hugh Cleveland.
4. What does Rhoda serve to eat at her reunion with Pug in Washington in Chapter 50?
(c) Chocolate cake.
5. In Chapter 53, according to Leslie Slote, where is Natalie?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Byron is in San Francisco for repairs to his submarine, he tests a new gadget for detecting what?
2. What is the toy Louis Henry is playing with on the train that makes the German soldier laugh?
3. What is the name of Leslie Slote's friend in the State Department?
4. What does Aaron use to try to bribe the commander of Theresienstadt to save Natalie from being transported?
5. What is the name of Captain Aster's executive officer on the submarine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aaron manage to get some better food on the train when he is being transported to Auschwitz from Theresienstadt?
2. Why does Rhoda ask Pug for a divorce?
3. What act of kindness strikes Natalie as she is being transported in a cattle car from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz?
4. How does Mutterperl die, leaving Berel alone to escape?
5. What does Pug discover when he asks other Americans in Iran about Rhoda and Peters?
6. What happens when Aaron and Natalie meet with Eichmann during their stay at Theresienstadt?
7. How are Slote's request to help the Jews received by the State Department?
8. Why are the children at Madame Rosen's orphanage rounded up by the Nazis?
9. What is Theresienstadt and how does it allow the Germans to fool the rest of the world?
10. Why does a doctor Aaron meets compare Nazi Germany to the Ku Klux Klan?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)