|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rhoda serve to eat at her reunion with Pug in Washington in Chapter 50?
(d) Chocolate cake.
2. What is the name of the Japanese fleet commander who faces Pug and Byron in battle?
3. As Aaron gets off the train at Auschwitz, he and the others are told to go where?
(a) Meeting hall.
(b) Disinfecting showers.
4. Madame Rosen's orphanage is located outside of __________.
5. What is the name of the married man Madeline Henry is having an affair with?
(a) Hugh Cleveland.
(b) Sime Anderson.
(c) Phillip Rule.
(d) Carter Aster.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Moscow, Pug is sent to _______.
2. What is the toy Louis Henry is playing with on the train that makes the German soldier laugh?
3. What is the name of the submarine Byron and Aster are on when Aster commands firing on the unarmed Japanese soldiers?
4. At Auschwitz, Natalie was put to work in a factory disassembling what?
5. What Russian city does Pug tour to see the damage from the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does General Yevlenko tell Pug about what has happened in Leningrad?
2. What act of kindness strikes Natalie as she is being transported in a cattle car from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz?
3. What happens when Aaron and Natalie meet with Eichmann during their stay at Theresienstadt?
4. What does the Red Cross representative who gave a glowing report of Theresienstadt later testify that he knew?
5. How does Mutterperl die, leaving Berel alone to escape?
6. How does Pug feel when he discovers the scrapbook Rhoda made of Warren's life?
7. What ordeal does Natalie go through before she learns that Louis is not dead?
8. How does Louis make the German soldier guarding them on the train laugh?
9. Why does Rhoda ask Pug for a divorce?
10. What does Aster do during battle to show himself to be less than honorable?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)