|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pug's contact who may have enough clout to help Natalie?
(a) John Jay.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) Harry Hopkins.
(d) President Roosevelt.
2. What illness is Aaron diagnosed as having while in German custody in France?
3. What is the name of Leslie Slote's friend in the State Department?
(a) Foxy Davis.
(b) Douglas Weiss.
(c) John Smith.
(d) Charles Schwartz.
4. When he returns to Washington at the end of the war, Pug is offered what position?
(a) Russian Ambassador.
(b) Naval Liason.
(c) Naval Aide.
(d) Secretary of the Navy.
5. What is removed from Aaron before he is cremated?
(b) Gold watch.
(c) Gold teeth.
(d) His passport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Natalie told Louis died of?
2. In Chapter 53, according to Leslie Slote, where is Natalie?
3. Madame Rosen's orphanage is located outside of __________.
4. Where do Natalie and Aaron try to flee to when Beck shows up in Paris?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the three things Aaron tells Natalie a Jew must never do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madeline reveal about their parents' marriage in the letter she writes to Byron?
2. Why are the children at Madame Rosen's orphanage rounded up by the Nazis?
3. How does Mutterperl die, leaving Berel alone to escape?
4. Why does Rhoda disagree with Pug about helping to get Natalie out of Europe?
5. Why does a doctor Aaron meets compare Nazi Germany to the Ku Klux Klan?
6. What happens when Aaron and Natalie meet with Eichmann during their stay at Theresienstadt?
7. How does Aaron get Natalie off the list of Jews to be moved out of Theresienstadt?
8. Why does Rhoda ask Pug for a divorce?
9. How does Pug feel when he discovers the scrapbook Rhoda made of Warren's life?
10. What does Pug discover when he asks other Americans in Iran about Rhoda and Peters?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)