|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness is Aaron diagnosed as having while in German custody in France?
2. Peters reveals to Pug in Chapter 80 that the Army is interested in the Navy's system of processing _________.
3. What is the name of the submarine Byron and Aster are on when Aster commands firing on the unarmed Japanese soldiers?
4. Where does Leslie get information about the concentration camps?
(a) Theater pamphlets.
(b) Major newspapers.
(c) University newspapers.
(d) Ladies magazines.
5. What Russian city does Pug tour to see the damage from the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Berel Jastrow give the secret films to in Prague?
2. Where is the clipper Pug is traveling on to Russia diverted to?
3. What does a farmer toss into the train car that Natalie is riding to Auschwitz?
4. Where does President Roosevelt send Pug in Chapter 50?
5. Where do Berel and Mutterperl want to escape to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madeline reveal about their parents' marriage in the letter she writes to Byron?
2. Why does Rhoda ask Pug for a divorce?
3. What does General Yevlenko tell Pug about what has happened in Leningrad?
4. What act of kindness strikes Natalie as she is being transported in a cattle car from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz?
5. How does Aaron manage to get some better food on the train when he is being transported to Auschwitz from Theresienstadt?
6. How does Louis make the German soldier guarding them on the train laugh?
7. How are Slote's request to help the Jews received by the State Department?
8. How does Aaron get Natalie off the list of Jews to be moved out of Theresienstadt?
9. What does Pug discover when he asks other Americans in Iran about Rhoda and Peters?
10. What is Theresienstadt and how does it allow the Germans to fool the rest of the world?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)