|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Auschwitz, Natalie was put to work in a factory disassembling what?
2. Where does President Roosevelt send Pug in Chapter 50?
3. General Yevlenko is a big proponent of what system in Russia?
(a) Land Lease.
4. What kind of program has Natalie been to when she returns to her room to discover new clothes for her meeting with Eichmann?
(a) A play.
(b) A movie.
(c) The opera.
(d) A puppet show.
5. Where do Natalie and Aaron try to flee to when Beck shows up in Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the SS officer who is in charge of uncovering the mass graves and burning the bodies?
2. Where does Aaron work in Theresienstadt?
3. What is the name of the submarine Byron commands?
4. The _______ Jews were the spotlight of the Red Cross visit to Theresienstadt.
5. What is the name of Leslie Slote's friend in the State Department?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Slote's request to help the Jews received by the State Department?
2. How does Berel Jastrow find the man he is supposed to give the secret documents to in Prague?
3. What is Theresienstadt and how does it allow the Germans to fool the rest of the world?
4. How does Mutterperl die, leaving Berel alone to escape?
5. What does Madeline reveal about their parents' marriage in the letter she writes to Byron?
6. How does Pug's visit go with President Roosevelt when he returns to Washington after losing the Northampton?
7. What act of kindness strikes Natalie as she is being transported in a cattle car from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz?
8. How does Louis make the German soldier guarding them on the train laugh?
9. What does General Yevlenko tell Pug about what has happened in Leningrad?
10. What does Aster do during battle to show himself to be less than honorable?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)