|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Berel and Mutterperl want to escape to?
2. As Aaron gets off the train at Auschwitz, he and the others are told to go where?
(c) Meeting hall.
(d) Disinfecting showers.
3. What do the SS officers threaten to do at Theresienstadt to keep Natalie in line?
(a) Rape her.
(b) Kill Aaron.
(c) Kill Louis.
(d) Starve her.
4. What is the name of Natalie's friend whose daughter often plays with Louis at Theresienstadt?
5. What is the name of the submarine Byron and Aster are on when Aster commands firing on the unarmed Japanese soldiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Red Cross visit Theresienstadt?
2. What is the Russian Army known as?
3. While unpacking Pug's things together at the new apartment, Rhoda and Pam hear of whose death?
4. General Yevlenko is a big proponent of what system in Russia?
5. What is the name of Leslie Slote's friend in the State Department?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does General Yevlenko tell Pug about what has happened in Leningrad?
2. What was Natalie's job while she was at Auschwitz?
3. How does Pug feel when he discovers the scrapbook Rhoda made of Warren's life?
4. What does Aster do during battle to show himself to be less than honorable?
5. What does the Red Cross representative who gave a glowing report of Theresienstadt later testify that he knew?
6. What happens when Aaron and Natalie meet with Eichmann during their stay at Theresienstadt?
7. How does Pug's visit go with President Roosevelt when he returns to Washington after losing the Northampton?
8. What ordeal does Natalie go through before she learns that Louis is not dead?
9. What act of kindness strikes Natalie as she is being transported in a cattle car from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz?
10. How does Aaron manage to get some better food on the train when he is being transported to Auschwitz from Theresienstadt?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)