|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the toy Louis Henry is playing with on the train that makes the German soldier laugh?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A ball.
(d) A teddy bear.
2. Where is the clipper Pug is traveling on to Russia diverted to?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the three things Aaron tells Natalie a Jew must never do?
(a) Fight back.
(c) Worship false gods.
(d) Have forbidden sex.
4. Leslie Slote explains to the Henrys that Aaron and Natalie are being __________ in France rather than detained.
5. What is the name of the submarine Byron and Aster are on when Aster commands firing on the unarmed Japanese soldiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Pug's contact who may have enough clout to help Natalie?
2. Who is the Jewish woman who helps Berel Jastrow when he is captured by the partisans?
3. What Russian city does Pug tour to see the damage from the war?
4. What does Rhoda serve to eat at her reunion with Pug in Washington in Chapter 50?
5. Berel Jastrow travels with forged papers as Reinhold Henkle, a German _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pug discover when he asks other Americans in Iran about Rhoda and Peters?
2. What is Theresienstadt and how does it allow the Germans to fool the rest of the world?
3. How does Louis make the German soldier guarding them on the train laugh?
4. What does Aster do during battle to show himself to be less than honorable?
5. Why does Rhoda ask Pug for a divorce?
6. How does Aaron manage to get some better food on the train when he is being transported to Auschwitz from Theresienstadt?
7. What happens when Aaron and Natalie meet with Eichmann during their stay at Theresienstadt?
8. What was Natalie's job while she was at Auschwitz?
9. What act of kindness strikes Natalie as she is being transported in a cattle car from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz?
10. How does Berel Jastrow find the man he is supposed to give the secret documents to in Prague?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)