|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes to tell Byron the truth about Pug and Rhoda's divorce?
2. What is the name of the SS officer who is in charge of uncovering the mass graves and burning the bodies?
3. What is Natalie told Louis died of?
4. What is the Russian Army known as?
(a) The Black Army.
(b) The Red Army.
(c) Stalin's Army.
(d) Lenin's Army.
5. What does Rhoda serve to eat at her reunion with Pug in Washington in Chapter 50?
(c) Chocolate cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Aaron meets with SS officials during his time at Theresienstadt, what do they ask him to be the head of?
2. What is the toy Louis Henry is playing with on the train that makes the German soldier laugh?
3. Who is trying to get Louis out of Theresienstadt?
4. Whom does Berel Jastrow give the secret films to in Prague?
5. How many Jews are transported from Theresienstadt in an effort to alleviate the overcrowding before the Red Cross visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aster do during battle to show himself to be less than honorable?
2. How are Slote's request to help the Jews received by the State Department?
3. What does General Yevlenko tell Pug about what has happened in Leningrad?
4. What does Madeline reveal about their parents' marriage in the letter she writes to Byron?
5. Why does Rhoda disagree with Pug about helping to get Natalie out of Europe?
6. What was Natalie's job while she was at Auschwitz?
7. Why does a doctor Aaron meets compare Nazi Germany to the Ku Klux Klan?
8. What does Pug discover when he asks other Americans in Iran about Rhoda and Peters?
9. What does the Red Cross representative who gave a glowing report of Theresienstadt later testify that he knew?
10. How does Aaron get Natalie off the list of Jews to be moved out of Theresienstadt?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)