|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Russian Army known as?
(a) The Red Army.
(b) Stalin's Army.
(c) Lenin's Army.
(d) The Black Army.
2. Leslie disagrees with the plans of _____________who believes the Jews can all be moved from Germany.
(a) Julius Wurtweiler.
(b) Breckingridge Long.
(c) Harrison Peters.
(d) Sime Anderson.
3. What is the name of the SS officer who is in charge of uncovering the mass graves and burning the bodies?
4. Where do Berel and Mutterperl want to escape to?
5. What is the name of the married man Madeline Henry is having an affair with?
(a) Sime Anderson.
(b) Carter Aster.
(c) Hugh Cleveland.
(d) Phillip Rule.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Berel Jastrow give the secret films to in Prague?
2. The _______ Jews were the spotlight of the Red Cross visit to Theresienstadt.
3. Madame Rosen's orphanage is located outside of __________.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the three things Aaron tells Natalie a Jew must never do?
5. Aaron treasures his time at Theresienstadt because he found what there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ordeal does Natalie go through before she learns that Louis is not dead?
2. What does Aster do during battle to show himself to be less than honorable?
3. How does Aaron manage to get some better food on the train when he is being transported to Auschwitz from Theresienstadt?
4. Why does Rhoda disagree with Pug about helping to get Natalie out of Europe?
5. How does Mutterperl die, leaving Berel alone to escape?
6. How does Pug's visit go with President Roosevelt when he returns to Washington after losing the Northampton?
7. How are Slote's request to help the Jews received by the State Department?
8. What does General Yevlenko tell Pug about what has happened in Leningrad?
9. Why are the children at Madame Rosen's orphanage rounded up by the Nazis?
10. What does Pug discover when he asks other Americans in Iran about Rhoda and Peters?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)