|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the submarine Byron and Aster are on when Aster commands firing on the unarmed Japanese soldiers?
2. The _______ Jews were the spotlight of the Red Cross visit to Theresienstadt.
3. Aaron treasures his time at Theresienstadt because he found what there?
4. What is the name of the Army officer who admires Rhoda?
(a) Breckingridge Long.
(b) Harrison Peters.
(c) Julius Wurtweiler.
(d) Sime Anderson.
5. Whom is Leslie Slote surprised to meet with while he is in Washington trying to get the American government to help with the plight of European Jews?
(a) Sime Anderson.
(b) Pam Tudsbury.
(c) Pug Henry.
(d) Selma Ascher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aaron work in Theresienstadt?
2. What is the name of Natalie's friend whose daughter often plays with Louis at Theresienstadt?
3. When Aaron meets with SS officials during his time at Theresienstadt, what do they ask him to be the head of?
4. What kind of program has Natalie been to when she returns to her room to discover new clothes for her meeting with Eichmann?
5. Whom is Janice sleeping with after Warren's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Natalie's job while she was at Auschwitz?
2. What does the Red Cross representative who gave a glowing report of Theresienstadt later testify that he knew?
3. What does General Yevlenko tell Pug about what has happened in Leningrad?
4. Why does Rhoda ask Pug for a divorce?
5. How does Pug feel when he discovers the scrapbook Rhoda made of Warren's life?
6. How are Slote's request to help the Jews received by the State Department?
7. What is Theresienstadt and how does it allow the Germans to fool the rest of the world?
8. How does Aaron manage to get some better food on the train when he is being transported to Auschwitz from Theresienstadt?
9. What ordeal does Natalie go through before she learns that Louis is not dead?
10. Why does a doctor Aaron meets compare Nazi Germany to the Ku Klux Klan?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)