|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the toy Louis Henry is playing with on the train that makes the German soldier laugh?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A ball.
(d) A teddy bear.
2. Whom is Leslie Slote surprised to meet with while he is in Washington trying to get the American government to help with the plight of European Jews?
(a) Selma Ascher.
(b) Sime Anderson.
(c) Pug Henry.
(d) Pam Tudsbury.
3. When Aaron meets with SS officials during his time at Theresienstadt, what do they ask him to be the head of?
(a) Department of Cultural Affairs.
(b) Department of Education.
(c) Department of Defense.
(d) Department of Valuable Possessions.
4. At Auschwitz, Natalie was put to work in a factory disassembling what?
5. Madame Rosen's orphanage is located outside of __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness is Aaron diagnosed as having while in German custody in France?
2. What is the name of the married man Madeline Henry is having an affair with?
3. What does Leslie Slote tell Julius Wurtweiler is the only real way to help the Jews in Europe?
4. Berel Jastrow travels with forged papers as Reinhold Henkle, a German _____________.
5. Where is Madam Rosen told the German military needs to move the current orphanage building to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Berel Jastrow find the man he is supposed to give the secret documents to in Prague?
2. Why does Rhoda ask Pug for a divorce?
3. How does Aaron get Natalie off the list of Jews to be moved out of Theresienstadt?
4. What does General Yevlenko tell Pug about what has happened in Leningrad?
5. What was Natalie's job while she was at Auschwitz?
6. What ordeal does Natalie go through before she learns that Louis is not dead?
7. How does Pug feel when he discovers the scrapbook Rhoda made of Warren's life?
8. What act of kindness strikes Natalie as she is being transported in a cattle car from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz?
9. What does the Red Cross representative who gave a glowing report of Theresienstadt later testify that he knew?
10. What does Aster do during battle to show himself to be less than honorable?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)