|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pug's contact who may have enough clout to help Natalie?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) Harry Hopkins.
(d) John Jay.
2. When asked, on the train ride to Auschwitz, Aaron compares Hitler to _________.
(a) American heroes.
(b) Fredrick the Great.
(d) The devil.
3. Where does Leslie get information about the concentration camps?
(a) University newspapers.
(b) Ladies magazines.
(c) Major newspapers.
(d) Theater pamphlets.
4. Who is the Jewish woman who helps Berel Jastrow when he is captured by the partisans?
(a) Bronka Ginsberg.
(b) Griselda Bettleman.
(c) Helga Tuttlebaum.
(d) Tonta Harberg.
5. As Pug tours Russia, he is shocked to hear that General Yevlenko's mother died from___________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Red Cross visit Theresienstadt?
2. Where does President Roosevelt send Pug in Chapter 50?
3. Who is trying to get Louis out of Theresienstadt?
4. How many Jews are transported from Theresienstadt in an effort to alleviate the overcrowding before the Red Cross visit?
5. When Aaron meets with SS officials during his time at Theresienstadt, what do they ask him to be the head of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pug's visit go with President Roosevelt when he returns to Washington after losing the Northampton?
2. What does the Red Cross representative who gave a glowing report of Theresienstadt later testify that he knew?
3. How are Slote's request to help the Jews received by the State Department?
4. What does Madeline reveal about their parents' marriage in the letter she writes to Byron?
5. How does Louis make the German soldier guarding them on the train laugh?
6. Why are the children at Madame Rosen's orphanage rounded up by the Nazis?
7. What act of kindness strikes Natalie as she is being transported in a cattle car from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz?
8. How does Aaron manage to get some better food on the train when he is being transported to Auschwitz from Theresienstadt?
9. What was Natalie's job while she was at Auschwitz?
10. What happens when Aaron and Natalie meet with Eichmann during their stay at Theresienstadt?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)