|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the married man Madeline Henry is having an affair with?
(a) Phillip Rule.
(b) Hugh Cleveland.
(c) Sime Anderson.
(d) Carter Aster.
2. What do the SS officers threaten to do at Theresienstadt to keep Natalie in line?
(a) Kill Aaron.
(b) Kill Louis.
(c) Rape her.
(d) Starve her.
3. What is the name of the SS officer who is in charge of uncovering the mass graves and burning the bodies?
4. What is the name of the Assistant Secretary of State Slote meets with about helping Jews come to America?
(a) Breckingridge Long.
(b) Julius Wurtweiler.
(c) Harrison Peters.
(d) Sime Anderson.
5. Whom is Leslie Slote surprised to meet with while he is in Washington trying to get the American government to help with the plight of European Jews?
(a) Selma Ascher.
(b) Sime Anderson.
(c) Pam Tudsbury.
(d) Pug Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Janice sleeping with after Warren's death?
2. At Auschwitz, Natalie was put to work in a factory disassembling what?
3. What is the name of the submarine Byron commands?
4. What does Aaron tell the new director that the music department at Theresienstadt needs?
5. After Moscow, Pug is sent to _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Slote's request to help the Jews received by the State Department?
2. What ordeal does Natalie go through before she learns that Louis is not dead?
3. Why does a doctor Aaron meets compare Nazi Germany to the Ku Klux Klan?
4. What is Theresienstadt and how does it allow the Germans to fool the rest of the world?
5. How does Aaron get Natalie off the list of Jews to be moved out of Theresienstadt?
6. What does Aster do during battle to show himself to be less than honorable?
7. How does Aaron manage to get some better food on the train when he is being transported to Auschwitz from Theresienstadt?
8. What was Natalie's job while she was at Auschwitz?
9. How does Mutterperl die, leaving Berel alone to escape?
10. What does General Yevlenko tell Pug about what has happened in Leningrad?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)