|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Auschwitz, Natalie was put to work in a factory disassembling what?
2. As Aaron gets off the train at Auschwitz, he and the others are told to go where?
(b) Disinfecting showers.
(c) Meeting hall.
3. In Chapter 53, according to Leslie Slote, where is Natalie?
4. After Moscow, Pug is sent to _______.
5. Who writes to tell Byron the truth about Pug and Rhoda's divorce?
Short Answer Questions
1. What officials will be visiting Theresienstadt, causing the German camp to undergo a beautification program?
2. Whom does Berel Jastrow give the secret films to in Prague?
3. Where does Leslie get information about the concentration camps?
4. What is Germany running low on in the summer of 1944?
5. What does a farmer toss into the train car that Natalie is riding to Auschwitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Aaron and Natalie meet with Eichmann during their stay at Theresienstadt?
2. Why does a doctor Aaron meets compare Nazi Germany to the Ku Klux Klan?
3. What is Theresienstadt and how does it allow the Germans to fool the rest of the world?
4. What does Madeline reveal about their parents' marriage in the letter she writes to Byron?
5. How does Aaron manage to get some better food on the train when he is being transported to Auschwitz from Theresienstadt?
6. How does Louis make the German soldier guarding them on the train laugh?
7. How does Mutterperl die, leaving Berel alone to escape?
8. What was Natalie's job while she was at Auschwitz?
9. What act of kindness strikes Natalie as she is being transported in a cattle car from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz?
10. What ordeal does Natalie go through before she learns that Louis is not dead?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)