|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What officials will be visiting Theresienstadt, causing the German camp to undergo a beautification program?
(a) French government.
(c) American government.
(d) The Red Cross.
2. What is the name of the SS officer who is in charge of uncovering the mass graves and burning the bodies?
3. What does Aaron tell the new director that the music department at Theresienstadt needs?
4. Whom does Leslie Slote write a letter to, resigning from his position in the Foreign Service?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) William Tuttle.
(c) Harry Tomlin.
(d) Breckingridge Long.
5. Where is Madam Rosen told the German military needs to move the current orphanage building to?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A ski resort.
(c) A school.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Pug tours Russia, he is shocked to hear that General Yevlenko's mother died from___________________.
2. Madame Rosen's orphanage is located outside of __________.
3. What do the SS officers threaten to do at Theresienstadt to keep Natalie in line?
4. What is the name of the submarine Byron and Aster are on when Aster commands firing on the unarmed Japanese soldiers?
5. Leslie Slote explains to the Henrys that Aaron and Natalie are being __________ in France rather than detained.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Red Cross representative who gave a glowing report of Theresienstadt later testify that he knew?
2. Why does Rhoda ask Pug for a divorce?
3. How are Slote's request to help the Jews received by the State Department?
4. What is Theresienstadt and how does it allow the Germans to fool the rest of the world?
5. What does Madeline reveal about their parents' marriage in the letter she writes to Byron?
6. Why does a doctor Aaron meets compare Nazi Germany to the Ku Klux Klan?
7. What does Pug discover when he asks other Americans in Iran about Rhoda and Peters?
8. What act of kindness strikes Natalie as she is being transported in a cattle car from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz?
9. How does Aaron get Natalie off the list of Jews to be moved out of Theresienstadt?
10. How does Pug's visit go with President Roosevelt when he returns to Washington after losing the Northampton?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)