|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is Janice sleeping with after Warren's death?
(a) Hugh Cleveland.
(b) Carter Aster.
(c) Sime Anderson.
(d) Phillip Rule.
2. What is the name of Natalie's friend whose daughter often plays with Louis at Theresienstadt?
3. What does Aaron use to try to bribe the commander of Theresienstadt to save Natalie from being transported?
(c) Secret information.
(d) Gold watch.
4. What Russian city does Pug tour to see the damage from the war?
5. What does Leslie Slote tell Julius Wurtweiler is the only real way to help the Jews in Europe?
(a) Destroy Nazi Germany.
(b) Bomb Japan.
(c) Control Paris.
(d) Kill Hitler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pam and Pug are moving into a Washington apartment that formerly belong to whom?
2. General Yevlenko is a big proponent of what system in Russia?
3. What is the toy Louis Henry is playing with on the train that makes the German soldier laugh?
4. What do the SS officers threaten to do at Theresienstadt to keep Natalie in line?
5. Berel Jastrow travels with forged papers as Reinhold Henkle, a German _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aaron get Natalie off the list of Jews to be moved out of Theresienstadt?
2. What happens when Aaron and Natalie meet with Eichmann during their stay at Theresienstadt?
3. What is Theresienstadt and how does it allow the Germans to fool the rest of the world?
4. What does Madeline reveal about their parents' marriage in the letter she writes to Byron?
5. What does General Yevlenko tell Pug about what has happened in Leningrad?
6. Why does Rhoda ask Pug for a divorce?
7. Why are the children at Madame Rosen's orphanage rounded up by the Nazis?
8. How does Pug's visit go with President Roosevelt when he returns to Washington after losing the Northampton?
9. How does Louis make the German soldier guarding them on the train laugh?
10. What was Natalie's job while she was at Auschwitz?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)