|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the SS officers threaten to do at Theresienstadt to keep Natalie in line?
(a) Kill Aaron.
(b) Starve her.
(c) Kill Louis.
(d) Rape her.
2. Whom does Berel Jastrow give the secret films to in Prague?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A contruction worker.
(c) A professor.
(d) A dentist.
3. Berel Jastrow travels with forged papers as Reinhold Henkle, a German _____________.
(c) Construction worker.
4. General Yevlenko is a big proponent of what system in Russia?
(a) Land Lease.
5. In Chapter 53, according to Leslie Slote, where is Natalie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What officials will be visiting Theresienstadt, causing the German camp to undergo a beautification program?
2. Aaron treasures his time at Theresienstadt because he found what there?
3. What does Rhoda serve to eat at her reunion with Pug in Washington in Chapter 50?
4. As Pug tours Russia, he is shocked to hear that General Yevlenko's mother died from___________________.
5. As Aaron gets off the train at Auschwitz, he and the others are told to go where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Theresienstadt and how does it allow the Germans to fool the rest of the world?
2. What happens when Aaron and Natalie meet with Eichmann during their stay at Theresienstadt?
3. Why does Rhoda disagree with Pug about helping to get Natalie out of Europe?
4. What does Madeline reveal about their parents' marriage in the letter she writes to Byron?
5. How does Pug feel when he discovers the scrapbook Rhoda made of Warren's life?
6. What does General Yevlenko tell Pug about what has happened in Leningrad?
7. How does Berel Jastrow find the man he is supposed to give the secret documents to in Prague?
8. What ordeal does Natalie go through before she learns that Louis is not dead?
9. How does Mutterperl die, leaving Berel alone to escape?
10. What does the Red Cross representative who gave a glowing report of Theresienstadt later testify that he knew?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)