|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leslie Slote tell Julius Wurtweiler is the only real way to help the Jews in Europe?
(a) Kill Hitler.
(b) Destroy Nazi Germany.
(c) Control Paris.
(d) Bomb Japan.
2. What is the name of the submarine Byron commands?
3. While Byron is in San Francisco for repairs to his submarine, he tests a new gadget for detecting what?
(b) Mine fields.
4. Where do Natalie and Aaron try to flee to when Beck shows up in Paris?
5. What do the SS officers threaten to do at Theresienstadt to keep Natalie in line?
(a) Kill Louis.
(b) Starve her.
(c) Kill Aaron.
(d) Rape her.
Short Answer Questions
1. General Yevlenko is a big proponent of what system in Russia?
2. What is the name of the Japanese fleet commander who faces Pug and Byron in battle?
3. When he returns to Washington at the end of the war, Pug is offered what position?
4. Where does President Roosevelt send Pug in Chapter 50?
5. When does the Red Cross visit Theresienstadt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louis make the German soldier guarding them on the train laugh?
2. How does Aaron manage to get some better food on the train when he is being transported to Auschwitz from Theresienstadt?
3. What does Aster do during battle to show himself to be less than honorable?
4. How does Berel Jastrow find the man he is supposed to give the secret documents to in Prague?
5. What does Madeline reveal about their parents' marriage in the letter she writes to Byron?
6. How are Slote's request to help the Jews received by the State Department?
7. How does Pug's visit go with President Roosevelt when he returns to Washington after losing the Northampton?
8. What does General Yevlenko tell Pug about what has happened in Leningrad?
9. What does the Red Cross representative who gave a glowing report of Theresienstadt later testify that he knew?
10. What act of kindness strikes Natalie as she is being transported in a cattle car from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)