|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the submarine Byron and Aster are on when Aster commands firing on the unarmed Japanese soldiers?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the three things Aaron tells Natalie a Jew must never do?
(a) Have forbidden sex.
(b) Fight back.
(c) Worship false gods.
3. While Byron is in San Francisco for repairs to his submarine, he tests a new gadget for detecting what?
(a) Mine fields.
4. Where do Berel and Mutterperl want to escape to?
5. Aaron treasures his time at Theresienstadt because he found what there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Leslie Slote write a letter to, resigning from his position in the Foreign Service?
2. As Pug tours Russia, he is shocked to hear that General Yevlenko's mother died from___________________.
3. Who is trying to get Louis out of Theresienstadt?
4. Where do Natalie and Aaron try to flee to when Beck shows up in Paris?
5. What kind of program has Natalie been to when she returns to her room to discover new clothes for her meeting with Eichmann?
Short Essay Questions
1. What act of kindness strikes Natalie as she is being transported in a cattle car from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz?
2. What ordeal does Natalie go through before she learns that Louis is not dead?
3. What does Madeline reveal about their parents' marriage in the letter she writes to Byron?
4. What does General Yevlenko tell Pug about what has happened in Leningrad?
5. What does the Red Cross representative who gave a glowing report of Theresienstadt later testify that he knew?
6. Why does Rhoda ask Pug for a divorce?
7. What was Natalie's job while she was at Auschwitz?
8. How does Aaron manage to get some better food on the train when he is being transported to Auschwitz from Theresienstadt?
9. How does Aaron get Natalie off the list of Jews to be moved out of Theresienstadt?
10. How does Louis make the German soldier guarding them on the train laugh?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)