|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the SS officer who is in charge of uncovering the mass graves and burning the bodies?
2. General Yevlenko is a big proponent of what system in Russia?
(a) Land Lease.
3. What does Aaron tell the new director that the music department at Theresienstadt needs?
4. What does a farmer toss into the train car that Natalie is riding to Auschwitz?
5. Where do Natalie and Aaron try to flee to when Beck shows up in Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. Aaron treasures his time at Theresienstadt because he found what there?
2. Leslie disagrees with the plans of _____________who believes the Jews can all be moved from Germany.
3. Berel Jastrow travels with forged papers as Reinhold Henkle, a German _____________.
4. At Auschwitz, Natalie was put to work in a factory disassembling what?
5. What is the name of the submarine Byron commands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aster do during battle to show himself to be less than honorable?
2. Why are the children at Madame Rosen's orphanage rounded up by the Nazis?
3. How does Aaron manage to get some better food on the train when he is being transported to Auschwitz from Theresienstadt?
4. What was Natalie's job while she was at Auschwitz?
5. What does Madeline reveal about their parents' marriage in the letter she writes to Byron?
6. What act of kindness strikes Natalie as she is being transported in a cattle car from Theresienstadt to Auschwitz?
7. What happens when Aaron and Natalie meet with Eichmann during their stay at Theresienstadt?
8. How does Louis make the German soldier guarding them on the train laugh?
9. How are Slote's request to help the Jews received by the State Department?
10. What does the Red Cross representative who gave a glowing report of Theresienstadt later testify that he knew?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)