|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Commandant at Oswiecim?
(a) Major Rapportfurer.
(b) Major Krauthammer.
(c) Major Hoess.
(d) Major Himmler.
2. Who is the SS official who visits Beck, insisting Italian Jews be moved to German work camps?
(a) Major Hoell.
(b) Lieutenant Eichmann.
(c) Lieutenant Reihert.
3. What is the name of Pug's commander?
(a) Admiral Spurance.
(b) Admiral Nimitz.
(c) Admiral McCain.
(d) Admiral Eisenhower.
4. Which prisoners are a proving to be a disappointment to the Commandant at Oswiecim?
5. What is unusual about Aaron's manuscript after June 4, 1942?
(a) It's published.
(b) It's in code.
(c) It's written by Natalie.
(d) It's lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the manuscript Aaron is working on?
2. Aaron tells Dr. Beck that he predicts the _______ will win the war.
3. What small battle does von Roon say was a decisive moment for the war against Japan?
4. Who is the high-ranking SS officer who is coming to inspect Auschwitz?
5. Pam tells Rhoda that the last time she saw Warren he seemed _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Von Roon describe Hitler?
2. What two options for escape do Natalie and Aaron have left as Aaron faces pressure from Beck?
3. Where is Natalie Henry as War and Remembrance opens?
4. What effect does hearing Pam's voice included on a broadcast with Talky have on Pug?
5. Why do Aaron's efforts to get out of Italy suddenly seem more urgent in Chapter 29?
6. Why does Byron decide not to trust Luke Babbage with information about Natalie?
7. What does Roon note in his document was the difference between the desires of the president and that of the American people?
8. Why is Natalie advised not to leave France immediately with Byron?
9. Why does the commander of Auschwitz change his uniform when he goes home for dinner?
10. What does Byron Henry later learn about the captain of the Devilfish after they are attacked?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)