|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aaron think has caused the once-daring Natalie to be paralyzed with fear?
2. The Northampton and several other ships are off the coast of _________ when they take heavy torpedo fire.
3. What is the name of the man Byron is working for in Europe?
(a) Admiral Nimitz.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) Sam Jones.
(d) Breckinridge Long.
4. Who misinforms Byron that Natalie and the baby are on a boat headed to America?
5. What is the name of Pug's commander?
(a) Admiral Eisenhower.
(b) Admiral McCain.
(c) Admiral Spurance.
(d) Admiral Nimitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beck brings Natalie a letter from whom in Chapter 25?
2. What is the nickname of Pamela Tudsbury's father?
3. Who is the commanding officer of the Japanese fleet at the battle of Midway?
4. Byron is sent to Marseilles as what for the military?
5. Where does Byron meet Ursula?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Commandant of Auschwitz note about the women prisoners as the techniques for killing the Jews is honed?
2. Why does Byron decide not to trust Luke Babbage with information about Natalie?
3. Why does Aaron Jastrow decide he must go to America with Natalie?
4. What was the Doolittle Raid and why was it pivotal in the outcome in the war?
5. How does Pug view his sons, especially as he knows they will soon be in combat?
6. Why is Leslie Slote surprised to see Selma at the home of Britton Treville?
7. What concern about the Castelnuovo family does Natalie express to Rabinovitz?
8. How are Byron and Natalie finally reunited in Marseilles?
9. How does Dr. Beck respond when the SS official asks him about the Italian Jews?
10. What are Warren's final thoughts before his plane explodes in the Pacific Ocean?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)