|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom was the leader of the Enterprise flight squadrons during the battle of Midway?
2. What is the name of Pug's first officer on the Northampton?
(a) Carter Aster.
(b) Jim Griggs.
(c) Byron Henry.
(d) Sime Anderson.
3. Selma Ascher reminds Leslie Slote of whom?
4. What is the name of the manuscript Aaron is working on?
(a) A Jew's Journey.
(b) The Wannsee Protocol.
(c) A Jew's Story.
(d) The World Holocaust.
5. What are the huts called that Berel is building at Auschwitz?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being tested at Auschwitz in Chapter 46?
2. What was the date for the beginning of the battle of Midway?
3. Aaron notes that Sacerdote is Italian for what name?
4. Whom did Byron meet up with at the party in Chapter 23?
5. Whom does Aaron write about suddenly treating him differently in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Byron Henry, Natalie's husband, at the beginning of War and Remembrance?
2. What concern does Rhoda Henry express about her daughter-in-law in a letter to her husband?
3. What two options for escape do Natalie and Aaron have left as Aaron faces pressure from Beck?
4. Why does Slote's boss finally change his mind about the fate of the Jews?
5. What is the history between Byron and Natalie?
6. How does Pug end up headed back to Washington after losing the Northampton?
7. What does Byron Henry later learn about the captain of the Devilfish after they are attacked?
8. What is Aaron Jastrow's reaction when Mose Sacerdote tells him it was Dr. Beck who arranged for him and Natalie to be detained in Italy?
9. How does Dr. Beck respond when the SS official asks him about the Italian Jews?
10. When does Aaron Jastrow finally come to the realization that Natalie was right to distrust Dr. Beck?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)