|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Natalie, Aaron and Louis are staying with a plumber named _____________ in Marseilles.
(a) Josiah Mettlebaum.
(b) Itzhak Mendelson.
(c) Adam Russeau.
(d) Abraham Rubin.
2. What is the name of the island that the Northampton attacks in Chapter 15?
(a) Midway island.
(c) Wotje Island.
3. Where is Byron attending submarine attack school?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) San Diego.
4. Aaron notes that Sacerdote is Italian for what name?
5. Who is the German in charge of Mutterperl's work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Chicago Tribune print in its entirety?
2. Leslie Slote is at a function in _____ when he meets Selma Ascher.
3. Whom was the leader of the Enterprise flight squadrons during the battle of Midway?
4. What is the name of Warren and Janice's son?
5. Where does von Roon write that Roosevelt agreed to fight the Germans in Chapter 43?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concern does Rhoda Henry express about her daughter-in-law in a letter to her husband?
2. How does Dr. Beck respond when the SS official asks him about the Italian Jews?
3. What are Warren's final thoughts before his plane explodes in the Pacific Ocean?
4. What point is von Roon making in the "Hitler Berserk" section of The Road to Midway?
5. Why does Selma Ascher catch the eye of Leslie Slote at a function in Bern?
6. What does Byron Henry later learn about the captain of the Devilfish after they are attacked?
7. What is the history between Byron and Natalie?
8. Why is Leslie Slote surprised to see Selma at the home of Britton Treville?
9. Why does the commander of Auschwitz change his uniform when he goes home for dinner?
10. Where is Byron Henry, Natalie's husband, at the beginning of War and Remembrance?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)