|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname of Pamela Tudsbury's father?
2. Where is Byron attending submarine attack school?
(a) San Diego.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
3. What could Pug see out the window of Talky's hotel in Chapter 24?
(a) The Arizona.
(b) Diamond Head.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
4. What is Carter Aster's nickname?
5. What are the men called who are emaciated and close to dying?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mutterperl do for a living before he was sent to Auschwitz?
2. _________________ virtually demanded that the planes be sent out to search for Japanese ships during Midway.
3. Aaron tells Beck he does not want to be like whom in Chapter 25?
4. What is the name of the submarine Byron Henry is assigned to, for a final mission, before he is stationed closer to his family?
5. What is the name of Pug's first officer on the Northampton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Natalie advised not to leave France immediately with Byron?
2. Why does the commander of Auschwitz change his uniform when he goes home for dinner?
3. What happens when Pamela Tudsbury goes with friends to meet her father at a club in Singapore?
4. Describe the poignant scene at the end of Chapter 23.
5. Why does Slote's boss finally change his mind about the fate of the Jews?
6. When does Aaron Jastrow finally come to the realization that Natalie was right to distrust Dr. Beck?
7. What does Byron Henry later learn about the captain of the Devilfish after they are attacked?
8. Why do Aaron's efforts to get out of Italy suddenly seem more urgent in Chapter 29?
9. What does Roon write that the battle of Midway indicated?
10. How does Pug end up headed back to Washington after losing the Northampton?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)