|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aaron notes that Sacerdote is Italian for what name?
2. Byron is sent to Marseilles as what for the military?
3. Whom was the leader of the Enterprise flight squadrons during the battle of Midway?
4. Pam tells Rhoda that the last time she saw Warren he seemed _____________.
5. After Aaron refuses Beck, he then tells Natalie to write a letter of acceptance to visit whom?
(a) The Sacerdotes.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) Dr. Castlenuovo.
(d) The archbishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Northampton and several other ships are off the coast of _________ when they take heavy torpedo fire.
2. Who is the high-ranking SS officer who is coming to inspect Auschwitz?
3. What was the name of the book Mose Sacerdote wanted Aaron to sign?
4. What is damaging the Commandant's reputation at Auschwitz?
5. What are the huts called that Berel is building at Auschwitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two options for escape do Natalie and Aaron have left as Aaron faces pressure from Beck?
2. What was the Doolittle Raid and why was it pivotal in the outcome in the war?
3. Describe the poignant scene at the end of Chapter 23.
4. Why does Aaron Jastrow decide he must go to America with Natalie?
5. What is Aaron Jastrow's reaction when Mose Sacerdote tells him it was Dr. Beck who arranged for him and Natalie to be detained in Italy?
6. Why is Leslie Slote surprised to see Selma at the home of Britton Treville?
7. Why is Natalie advised not to leave France immediately with Byron?
8. Why do Aaron's efforts to get out of Italy suddenly seem more urgent in Chapter 29?
9. What does Roon write that the battle of Midway indicated?
10. What are Warren's final thoughts before his plane explodes in the Pacific Ocean?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)