|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Byron first encounter in Marseilles who makes remarks against Aaron's writing?
(a) Luke Babbage.
(b) Sime Anderson.
(c) Joe Swartz.
(d) Jim Gaither.
2. What do Aaron and Natalie serve for dinner when Dr. Beck is their guest in Italy?
(c) Filet mignon.
3. What is Mutterperl's job at Auschwitz?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A contractor.
4. Leslie Slote is slipped top secret documents by whom?
(a) Father Martin.
(b) Selma Ascher.
(c) Joshua Ascher.
(d) Carter Aster.
5. What is the name of the Commandant at Oswiecim?
(a) Major Hoess.
(b) Major Rapportfurer.
(c) Major Krauthammer.
(d) Major Himmler.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Northampton and several other ships are off the coast of _________ when they take heavy torpedo fire.
2. As Rhoda arrives in Hollywood, Madeline has been put in charge of a party at the home of whom?
3. Whom was the leader of the Enterprise flight squadrons during the battle of Midway?
4. What does each day start with at Auschwitz?
5. Von Roon writes that the Allies met the Japanese at Guadalcanal where ____of the eleven Japanese ships sank.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rhoda disagree with Pug about helping to get Natalie out of Europe?
2. Why does Rhoda ask Pug for a divorce?
3. Why is Natalie advised not to leave France immediately with Byron?
4. How does Pug's visit go with President Roosevelt when he returns to Washington after losing the Northampton?
5. Why are the children at Madame Rosen's orphanage rounded up by the Nazis?
6. How does Pug end up headed back to Washington after losing the Northampton?
7. What does Pam tell Rhoda when they meet for breakfast in Hollywood?
8. Why does Slote's boss finally change his mind about the fate of the Jews?
9. How does Mutterperl die, leaving Berel alone to escape?
10. What does Roon write that the battle of Midway indicated?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)