|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the island that the Northampton attacks in Chapter 15?
(a) Midway island.
(b) Wotje Island.
2. Beck brings Natalie a letter from whom in Chapter 25?
3. What does Aaron think has caused the once-daring Natalie to be paralyzed with fear?
4. As Rhoda arrives in Hollywood, Madeline has been put in charge of a party at the home of whom?
(a) Hugh Cleveland.
(b) Duncan Burne-Wilke.
(c) Leonard Spreregen.
(d) Harry Tomlin.
5. What kind of ship does the Devilfish sink?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is damaging the Commandant's reputation at Auschwitz?
2. What is the name of the club in Singapore that Elsa McMahon is not allowed to enter?
3. What does each day start with at Auschwitz?
4. Whom did Byron meet up with at the party in Chapter 23?
5. The Northampton and several other ships are off the coast of _________ when they take heavy torpedo fire.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roon write that the battle of Midway indicated?
2. How does Pug view his sons, especially as he knows they will soon be in combat?
3. Describe the poignant scene at the end of Chapter 23.
4. What is the history between Byron and Natalie?
5. Why do Aaron's efforts to get out of Italy suddenly seem more urgent in Chapter 29?
6. What concern does Rhoda Henry express about her daughter-in-law in a letter to her husband?
7. What was the Doolittle Raid and why was it pivotal in the outcome in the war?
8. What does Pam write in her letter to Pug during her stay in California?
9. What are Pug's thoughts about Warren as they go into the battle of Midway?
10. Why does the commander of Auschwitz change his uniform when he goes home for dinner?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)