|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could Pug see out the window of Talky's hotel in Chapter 24?
(b) The Arizona.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) Diamond Head.
2. Where does Byron meet Ursula?
3. Whom was Natalie attracted to on the Izmir?
(a) Avrim Rabinovitz.
(b) Dr. Beck.
(c) Leslie Slote.
(d) Dr. Castelnuovo.
4. In Chapter 29, Aaron says Japan's rising power is like what?
(a) An angry dragon.
(b) A genie in a bottle.
(c) A wisp of smoke.
(d) A sleeping giant.
5. What is the name of the ship in Naples harbor where Natalie Henry seeks safety?
(b) U.S.S. Intrepid.
(c) U.S.S. Northhampton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom was the leader of the Enterprise flight squadrons during the battle of Midway?
2. Whom was Talky's last story about?
3. What does Dr. Beck request Aaron to do?
4. Whom does Pug surprise with a visit in Chapter 48?
5. What is the main title of the Von Roon document that Pug Henry translates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Doolittle Raid and why was it pivotal in the outcome in the war?
2. How does Pug end up headed back to Washington after losing the Northampton?
3. What does Pam tell Rhoda when they meet for breakfast in Hollywood?
4. What does Pam write in her letter to Pug during her stay in California?
5. Why does Selma Ascher catch the eye of Leslie Slote at a function in Bern?
6. What happens when Pamela Tudsbury goes with friends to meet her father at a club in Singapore?
7. What point is von Roon making in the "Hitler Berserk" section of The Road to Midway?
8. What does Byron Henry later learn about the captain of the Devilfish after they are attacked?
9. How does Pug view his sons, especially as he knows they will soon be in combat?
10. How does Dr. Beck respond when the SS official asks him about the Italian Jews?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)