|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Aaron refuses Beck, he then tells Natalie to write a letter of acceptance to visit whom?
(a) Dr. Castlenuovo.
(b) The archbishop.
(c) Leslie Slote.
(d) The Sacerdotes.
2. The Commandant is in no mood for the ______________ celebration going on in his home.
3. What is the name of Pug's first officer on the Northampton?
(a) Carter Aster.
(b) Byron Henry.
(c) Jim Griggs.
(d) Sime Anderson.
4. Selma Ascher is going to marry an _____________.
(a) English Lord.
(b) Italian Count.
(c) Swiss millionaire.
(d) American Jew.
5. What is the main title of the Von Roon document that Pug Henry translates?
(a) World Holocaust.
(b) A Jew's Story.
(c) World Without End.
(d) Walter Protocol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sacerdote tells Aaron and Natalie that the doctor who has treated Louis is whom?
2. In Chapter 29, Aaron says Japan's rising power is like what?
3. What is the name of the submarine Byron Henry is assigned to, for a final mission, before he is stationed closer to his family?
4. Where was the Second Front Now rally held?
5. What is Mutterperl's job at Auschwitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Commandant of Auschwitz note about the women prisoners as the techniques for killing the Jews is honed?
2. What does Byron Henry later learn about the captain of the Devilfish after they are attacked?
3. What does Pam write in her letter to Pug during her stay in California?
4. What happens when the Northampton get hit in a battle off the coast of Tulagi?
5. What point is von Roon making in the "Hitler Berserk" section of The Road to Midway?
6. Why do Aaron's efforts to get out of Italy suddenly seem more urgent in Chapter 29?
7. Why does Selma Ascher catch the eye of Leslie Slote at a function in Bern?
8. What are Pug's thoughts about Warren as they go into the battle of Midway?
9. What does Pam tell Rhoda when they meet for breakfast in Hollywood?
10. How are Byron and Natalie finally reunited in Marseilles?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)