|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pug's commander?
(a) Admiral Nimitz.
(b) Admiral Spurance.
(c) Admiral McCain.
(d) Admiral Eisenhower.
2. What is the main title of the Von Roon document that Pug Henry translates?
(a) Walter Protocol.
(b) World Without End.
(c) A Jew's Story.
(d) World Holocaust.
3. What are the men called who are emaciated and close to dying?
4. What nationality is Rabinovitz?
5. Where does Byron meet Ursula?
Short Answer Questions
1. Selma Ascher reminds Leslie Slote of whom?
2. What is the name of Warren and Janice's son?
3. The Commandant is in no mood for the ______________ celebration going on in his home.
4. Whom did Pam spend the most time talking to at the party in Chapter 23?
5. Whom was Natalie attracted to on the Izmir?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two options for escape do Natalie and Aaron have left as Aaron faces pressure from Beck?
2. When does Aaron Jastrow finally come to the realization that Natalie was right to distrust Dr. Beck?
3. What happens when the Northampton get hit in a battle off the coast of Tulagi?
4. How does Pug view his sons, especially as he knows they will soon be in combat?
5. What concern does Rhoda Henry express about her daughter-in-law in a letter to her husband?
6. Why does the commander of Auschwitz change his uniform when he goes home for dinner?
7. Why do Aaron's efforts to get out of Italy suddenly seem more urgent in Chapter 29?
8. Where is Byron Henry, Natalie's husband, at the beginning of War and Remembrance?
9. What does Byron Henry later learn about the captain of the Devilfish after they are attacked?
10. What happens when Pamela Tudsbury goes with friends to meet her father at a club in Singapore?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)