|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Byron meet up with at the party in Chapter 23?
2. The Northampton and several other ships are off the coast of _________ when they take heavy torpedo fire.
3. As Rhoda arrives in Hollywood, Madeline has been put in charge of a party at the home of whom?
(a) Harry Tomlin.
(b) Hugh Cleveland.
(c) Leonard Spreregen.
(d) Duncan Burne-Wilke.
4. Whom does Leslie Slote discover is killed by a truck on his way over to meet with Leslie?
(a) Joshua Ascher.
(b) Treville Britton.
(c) Dr. Beck.
(d) Father Martin.
5. What are Mutterperl and Berel carrying to give to members of the resistance?
(b) Coded documents.
(d) Rolls of undeveloped film.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Tudsbury want Pug to invite to the anniversary party so he can talk to him?
2. Natalie, Aaron and Louis are staying with a plumber named _____________ in Marseilles.
3. Whom at the Jewish agency tells Byron he should see Jim Gaither about finding Natalie?
4. The Commandant is in no mood for the ______________ celebration going on in his home.
5. Which prisoners are a proving to be a disappointment to the Commandant at Oswiecim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information about the Devilfish does Pug learn during his conversation with Talky in a Honolulu hotel?
2. When does Aaron Jastrow finally come to the realization that Natalie was right to distrust Dr. Beck?
3. What concern about the Castelnuovo family does Natalie express to Rabinovitz?
4. What does the Commandant of Auschwitz note about the women prisoners as the techniques for killing the Jews is honed?
5. Why is Leslie Slote surprised to see Selma at the home of Britton Treville?
6. What are Pug's thoughts about Warren as they go into the battle of Midway?
7. What effect does hearing Pam's voice included on a broadcast with Talky have on Pug?
8. What point is von Roon making in the "Hitler Berserk" section of The Road to Midway?
9. What does Pam write in her letter to Pug during her stay in California?
10. Why does Selma Ascher catch the eye of Leslie Slote at a function in Bern?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)