|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aaron tells Dr. Beck that he predicts the _______ will win the war.
2. After the Northampton is hit at Midway, what is the one cruiser left unscathed?
3. What is the name of the manuscript Aaron is working on?
(a) The Wannsee Protocol.
(b) The World Holocaust.
(c) A Jew's Journey.
(d) A Jew's Story.
4. What is being tested at Auschwitz in Chapter 46?
(c) Gas chambers.
(d) Mass graves.
5. Whom was Natalie attracted to on the Izmir?
(a) Dr. Beck.
(b) Dr. Castelnuovo.
(c) Leslie Slote.
(d) Avrim Rabinovitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Aaron's Italian villa located?
2. What is Carter Aster's nickname?
3. Selma Ascher is going to marry an _____________.
4. What does Dr. Beck request Aaron to do?
5. If Aaron agrees to do what Beck wants, where will he and Natalie be sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Aaron and Natalie meet with Eichmann during their stay at Theresienstadt?
2. How does Dr. Beck respond when the SS official asks him about the Italian Jews?
3. What concern about the Castelnuovo family does Natalie express to Rabinovitz?
4. What does Aster do during battle to show himself to be less than honorable?
5. What does Pug discover when he asks other Americans in Iran about Rhoda and Peters?
6. Why does Rhoda disagree with Pug about helping to get Natalie out of Europe?
7. What is Aaron Jastrow's reaction when Mose Sacerdote tells him it was Dr. Beck who arranged for him and Natalie to be detained in Italy?
8. What are Pug's thoughts about Warren as they go into the battle of Midway?
9. What does Roon write that the battle of Midway indicated?
10. How does Aaron get Natalie off the list of Jews to be moved out of Theresienstadt?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)