|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the manuscript Aaron is working on?
(a) The World Holocaust.
(b) The Wannsee Protocol.
(c) A Jew's Story.
(d) A Jew's Journey.
2. Which movie star is Rhoda going to get to meet while she is visiting Madeline?
(a) Greta Garbo.
(b) James Stewart.
(c) Betty Davis.
(d) Humphrey Bogart.
3. Aaron notes that Sacerdote is Italian for what name?
4. What is the name of Pug's first officer on the Northampton?
(a) Carter Aster.
(b) Byron Henry.
(c) Sime Anderson.
(d) Jim Griggs.
5. Who is the commanding officer of the Japanese fleet at the battle of Midway?
(a) Vice Admiral Hirokaki.
(b) Admiral Yakamoto.
(c) Admiral Kurito.
(d) Vice Admiral Nagumo.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Northampton is hit at Midway, what is the one cruiser left unscathed?
2. What is unusual about Aaron's manuscript after June 4, 1942?
3. Aaron tells Dr. Beck that he predicts the _______ will win the war.
4. Who misinforms Byron that Natalie and the baby are on a boat headed to America?
5. What did the Chicago Tribune print in its entirety?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roon note in his document was the difference between the desires of the president and that of the American people?
2. What does Pam write in her letter to Pug during her stay in California?
3. What effect does hearing Pam's voice included on a broadcast with Talky have on Pug?
4. What does Byron Henry later learn about the captain of the Devilfish after they are attacked?
5. Describe the poignant scene at the end of Chapter 23.
6. When does Aaron Jastrow finally come to the realization that Natalie was right to distrust Dr. Beck?
7. What are Warren's final thoughts before his plane explodes in the Pacific Ocean?
8. Why is Leslie Slote surprised to see Selma at the home of Britton Treville?
9. How does Pug view his sons, especially as he knows they will soon be in combat?
10. What are Pug's thoughts about Warren as they go into the battle of Midway?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)