|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Pam spend the most time talking to at the party in Chapter 23?
2. Aaron tells Dr. Beck that he predicts the _______ will win the war.
3. Where does von Roon write that Roosevelt agreed to fight the Germans in Chapter 43?
(a) French North Africa.
4. What are the huts called that Berel is building at Auschwitz?
5. Whom does Byron first encounter in Marseilles who makes remarks against Aaron's writing?
(a) Sime Anderson.
(b) Joe Swartz.
(c) Jim Gaither.
(d) Luke Babbage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Byron meet up with at the party in Chapter 23?
2. What are Mutterperl and Berel carrying to give to members of the resistance?
3. What is damaging the Commandant's reputation at Auschwitz?
4. In what year does Pug first translate the Von Roon document?
5. Which prisoners at Oswiecim prove to be the hardest workers, according to the Commandant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concern does Rhoda Henry express about her daughter-in-law in a letter to her husband?
2. Where is Byron Henry, Natalie's husband, at the beginning of War and Remembrance?
3. What are Warren's final thoughts before his plane explodes in the Pacific Ocean?
4. What point is von Roon making in the "Hitler Berserk" section of The Road to Midway?
5. Why does Byron decide not to trust Luke Babbage with information about Natalie?
6. Why does Selma Ascher catch the eye of Leslie Slote at a function in Bern?
7. What does Byron Henry later learn about the captain of the Devilfish after they are attacked?
8. Describe the poignant scene at the end of Chapter 23.
9. How does Pug end up headed back to Washington after losing the Northampton?
10. What does Roon write that the battle of Midway indicated?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)