|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does von Roon write that Roosevelt agreed to fight the Germans in Chapter 43?
(b) French North Africa.
2. What means of transportation do the Jastrows and the Castelnuovos plan to use to escape Italy?
(a) Ore boats.
(b) U.S. freighter.
3. After the Northampton is hit at Midway, what is the one cruiser left unscathed?
4. Berel Jastow is living in the German prison camp under what name?
(a) Samuel Murpheal.
(b) Yuri Gorachov.
(c) Yuri Gorbachoff.
(d) Sammy Mutterperl.
5. The Commandant is in no mood for the ______________ celebration going on in his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Pug first translate the Von Roon document?
2. Where is the Henry family going to celebrate Warren and Janice's anniversary?
3. What do Aaron and Natalie serve for dinner when Dr. Beck is their guest in Italy?
4. What is the name of the Castelnuovos' young daughter?
5. Who is the German in charge of Mutterperl's work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pug end up headed back to Washington after losing the Northampton?
2. How does Pug view his sons, especially as he knows they will soon be in combat?
3. What does the Commandant of Auschwitz note about the women prisoners as the techniques for killing the Jews is honed?
4. What are Pug's thoughts about Warren as they go into the battle of Midway?
5. What happens when the Northampton get hit in a battle off the coast of Tulagi?
6. What is the history between Byron and Natalie?
7. Why does Slote's boss finally change his mind about the fate of the Jews?
8. How does Dr. Beck respond when the SS official asks him about the Italian Jews?
9. Where is Byron Henry, Natalie's husband, at the beginning of War and Remembrance?
10. What is Aaron Jastrow's reaction when Mose Sacerdote tells him it was Dr. Beck who arranged for him and Natalie to be detained in Italy?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)