|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the commanding officer of the Japanese fleet at the battle of Midway?
(a) Vice Admiral Nagumo.
(b) Vice Admiral Hirokaki.
(c) Admiral Yakamoto.
(d) Admiral Kurito.
2. Whom was the leader of the Enterprise flight squadrons during the battle of Midway?
3. Where was the Second Front Now rally held?
(a) Venice Beach.
(b) Hollywood Bowl.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) Rodeo Drive.
4. What is Carter Aster's nickname?
5. Whom does Rhoda meet on the train in Chicago after breaking off her relationship with Kirby Palmer?
(a) Colonel Harrison Peters.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) Admiral Spurance.
(d) Carter Aster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the high-ranking SS officer who is coming to inspect Auschwitz?
2. Whom is the Hollywood screenwriter who is the Second Front Now rally chairman?
3. Whom does Byron first encounter in Marseilles who makes remarks against Aaron's writing?
4. _________________ virtually demanded that the planes be sent out to search for Japanese ships during Midway.
5. Whom was Natalie chasing after when she met and married Byron?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the history between Byron and Natalie?
2. What are Pug's thoughts about Warren as they go into the battle of Midway?
3. Why does Aaron Jastrow decide he must go to America with Natalie?
4. Why does Selma Ascher catch the eye of Leslie Slote at a function in Bern?
5. What is Aaron Jastrow's reaction when Mose Sacerdote tells him it was Dr. Beck who arranged for him and Natalie to be detained in Italy?
6. Why is Natalie advised not to leave France immediately with Byron?
7. Why does Slote's boss finally change his mind about the fate of the Jews?
8. How does Dr. Beck respond when the SS official asks him about the Italian Jews?
9. How does Von Roon describe Hitler?
10. What are Warren's final thoughts before his plane explodes in the Pacific Ocean?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)