|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacerdote tells Aaron and Natalie that the doctor who has treated Louis is whom?
(a) His son-in-law.
(b) A fake.
(c) His son.
(d) A spy.
2. Where was the Second Front Now rally held?
(a) Venice Beach.
(b) Rodeo Drive.
(c) Hollywood Bowl.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
3. What is unusual about Aaron's manuscript after June 4, 1942?
(a) It's written by Natalie.
(b) It's in code.
(c) It's lost.
(d) It's published.
4. Where are Pug, his sons and Aster attending a party at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) The Moana.
(b) The Ala Moana.
(c) The Governor's house.
(d) The Royal Hawaiian.
5. What was the date for the beginning of the battle of Midway?
(a) July 4, 1943.
(b) June 2, 1942.
(c) June 4, 1942.
(d) December 7, 1942.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Warren and Janice's son?
2. What is the name of Warren's gunner during the battle of Midway?
3. Where does Byron meet Ursula?
4. Beck brings Natalie a letter from whom in Chapter 25?
5. After Aaron refuses Beck, he then tells Natalie to write a letter of acceptance to visit whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Leslie Slote surprised to see Selma at the home of Britton Treville?
2. How does Dr. Beck respond when the SS official asks him about the Italian Jews?
3. Why does Selma Ascher catch the eye of Leslie Slote at a function in Bern?
4. What point is von Roon making in the "Hitler Berserk" section of The Road to Midway?
5. What are Warren's final thoughts before his plane explodes in the Pacific Ocean?
6. Why is Natalie advised not to leave France immediately with Byron?
7. What two options for escape do Natalie and Aaron have left as Aaron faces pressure from Beck?
8. Why do Aaron's efforts to get out of Italy suddenly seem more urgent in Chapter 29?
9. Why does Slote's boss finally change his mind about the fate of the Jews?
10. How are Byron and Natalie finally reunited in Marseilles?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)