|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mutterperl do for a living before he was sent to Auschwitz?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A contractor.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A doctor.
2. What is the name of the family Natalie and Aaron stay with in Corte, France?
3. _________________ virtually demanded that the planes be sent out to search for Japanese ships during Midway.
(a) Warren Henry.
(b) Admiral Spurance.
(c) Pug Henry.
(d) Captain Browning.
4. Who is Leslie Slote surprised to see at the home of Treville Britton?
5. What are Mutterperl and Berel carrying to give to members of the resistance?
(c) Rolls of undeveloped film.
(d) Coded documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Byron meet up with at the party in Chapter 23?
2. What could Pug see out the window of Talky's hotel in Chapter 24?
3. Where was Aaron's Italian villa located?
4. Whom is the Hollywood screenwriter who is the Second Front Now rally chairman?
5. What did von Roon say was the key to the Axis upset victory in "The Japanese Surge" section of World Holocaust?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Byron Henry later learn about the captain of the Devilfish after they are attacked?
2. What happens when Pamela Tudsbury goes with friends to meet her father at a club in Singapore?
3. What does Roon write that the battle of Midway indicated?
4. Why do Aaron's efforts to get out of Italy suddenly seem more urgent in Chapter 29?
5. What was the Doolittle Raid and why was it pivotal in the outcome in the war?
6. Why is Leslie Slote surprised to see Selma at the home of Britton Treville?
7. Why does the commander of Auschwitz change his uniform when he goes home for dinner?
8. Why does Byron decide not to trust Luke Babbage with information about Natalie?
9. What information about the Devilfish does Pug learn during his conversation with Talky in a Honolulu hotel?
10. Describe the poignant scene at the end of Chapter 23.
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)