|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the clipper Pug is traveling on to Russia diverted to?
2. After Moscow, Pug is sent to _______.
3. Leslie Slote explains to the Henrys that Aaron and Natalie are being __________ in France rather than detained.
4. Where do Natalie and Aaron try to flee to when Beck shows up in Paris?
5. When he returns to Washington at the end of the war, Pug is offered what position?
(a) Russian Ambassador.
(b) Secretary of the Navy.
(c) Naval Aide.
(d) Naval Liason.
6. What is Natalie told Louis died of?
7. When Aaron meets with SS officials during his time at Theresienstadt, what do they ask him to be the head of?
(a) Department of Cultural Affairs.
(b) Department of Defense.
(c) Department of Valuable Possessions.
(d) Department of Education.
8. What is the name of the submarine Byron commands?
9. As Pug tours Russia, he is shocked to hear that General Yevlenko's mother died from___________________.
10. What is the name of the book Hitler wrote?
(a) World Holocaust.
(b) Nazi Germany.
(c) Wannsee Protocol.
(d) Mein Kampf.
11. In Chapter 53, according to Leslie Slote, where is Natalie?
12. While Byron is in San Francisco for repairs to his submarine, he tests a new gadget for detecting what?
(a) Mine fields.
13. What does a farmer toss into the train car that Natalie is riding to Auschwitz?
14. What does Aaron use to try to bribe the commander of Theresienstadt to save Natalie from being transported?
(b) Secret information.
(c) Gold watch.
15. Leslie disagrees with the plans of _____________who believes the Jews can all be moved from Germany.
(a) Sime Anderson.
(b) Harrison Peters.
(c) Julius Wurtweiler.
(d) Breckingridge Long.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the three things Aaron tells Natalie a Jew must never do?
2. What does Rhoda serve to eat at her reunion with Pug in Washington in Chapter 50?
3. What is the name of the submarine Byron and Aster are on when Aster commands firing on the unarmed Japanese soldiers?
4. What is the name of the Assistant Secretary of State Slote meets with about helping Jews come to America?
5. What does Leslie Slote tell Julius Wurtweiler is the only real way to help the Jews in Europe?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)