|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes to tell Byron the truth about Pug and Rhoda's divorce?
2. What officials will be visiting Theresienstadt, causing the German camp to undergo a beautification program?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) American government.
(c) French government.
3. How many Jews are transported from Theresienstadt in an effort to alleviate the overcrowding before the Red Cross visit?
4. Aaron sings and dances to a death song one night and as the performance ends Aaron recognizes _____.
5. What is the name of Pug's contact who may have enough clout to help Natalie?
(a) Leslie Slote.
(b) Harry Hopkins.
(c) President Roosevelt.
(d) John Jay.
6. What is the Russian Army known as?
(a) The Black Army.
(b) Lenin's Army.
(c) Stalin's Army.
(d) The Red Army.
7. Where does President Roosevelt send Pug in Chapter 50?
8. At Auschwitz, Natalie was put to work in a factory disassembling what?
9. What is the name of the married man Madeline Henry is having an affair with?
(a) Sime Anderson.
(b) Hugh Cleveland.
(c) Phillip Rule.
(d) Carter Aster.
10. What does Aaron tell the new director that the music department at Theresienstadt needs?
11. What does Aaron use to try to bribe the commander of Theresienstadt to save Natalie from being transported?
(c) Secret information.
(d) Gold watch.
12. When Aaron meets with SS officials during his time at Theresienstadt, what do they ask him to be the head of?
(a) Department of Valuable Possessions.
(b) Department of Education.
(c) Department of Cultural Affairs.
(d) Department of Defense.
13. Berel Jastrow travels with forged papers as Reinhold Henkle, a German _____________.
(b) Construction worker.
14. What Russian city does Pug tour to see the damage from the war?
15. Madame Rosen's orphanage is located outside of __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Captain Aster's executive officer on the submarine?
2. Where is the clipper Pug is traveling on to Russia diverted to?
3. What is the name of the Japanese fleet commander who faces Pug and Byron in battle?
4. Whom is Janice sleeping with after Warren's death?
5. Whom does Berel Jastrow give the secret films to in Prague?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)