|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Berel Jastrow travels with forged papers as Reinhold Henkle, a German _____________.
(b) Construction worker.
2. Aaron sings and dances to a death song one night and as the performance ends Aaron recognizes _____.
3. What is the name of the submarine Byron and Aster are on when Aster commands firing on the unarmed Japanese soldiers?
4. What does Rhoda serve to eat at her reunion with Pug in Washington in Chapter 50?
(d) Chocolate cake.
5. What illness is Aaron diagnosed as having while in German custody in France?
6. Pam and Pug are moving into a Washington apartment that formerly belong to whom?
(a) Alastair Tudsbury.
(b) Harrison Peters.
(c) Aaron Jastrow.
(d) Leslie Slote.
7. Where do Natalie and Aaron try to flee to when Beck shows up in Paris?
8. What is the name of the married man Madeline Henry is having an affair with?
(a) Phillip Rule.
(b) Hugh Cleveland.
(c) Carter Aster.
(d) Sime Anderson.
9. What is Natalie told Louis died of?
10. Who is trying to get Louis out of Theresienstadt?
11. Whom does Leslie Slote write a letter to, resigning from his position in the Foreign Service?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) William Tuttle.
(c) Breckingridge Long.
(d) Harry Tomlin.
12. Peters reveals to Pug in Chapter 80 that the Army is interested in the Navy's system of processing _________.
13. What is Sime Anderson working on for the government?
(a) Secret code.
(b) Japanese war strategy.
(c) German war strategy.
(d) The atomic bomb.
14. What Russian city does Pug tour to see the damage from the war?
15. Where does Aaron work in Theresienstadt?
(a) The library.
(b) The school.
(c) The cafeteria.
(d) The infirmary.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Moscow, Pug is sent to _______.
2. Madame Rosen's orphanage is located outside of __________.
3. Where is Madam Rosen told the German military needs to move the current orphanage building to?
4. What is the name of Natalie's friend whose daughter often plays with Louis at Theresienstadt?
5. Where is the clipper Pug is traveling on to Russia diverted to?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)