|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the three things Aaron tells Natalie a Jew must never do?
(a) Worship false gods.
(b) Fight back.
(d) Have forbidden sex.
2. What is the name of Pug's contact who may have enough clout to help Natalie?
(a) John Jay.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) Leslie Slote.
(d) Harry Hopkins.
3. When asked, on the train ride to Auschwitz, Aaron compares Hitler to _________.
(a) Fredrick the Great.
(b) American heroes.
(d) The devil.
4. What kind of program has Natalie been to when she returns to her room to discover new clothes for her meeting with Eichmann?
(a) A puppet show.
(b) A play.
(c) The opera.
(d) A movie.
5. What is the toy Louis Henry is playing with on the train that makes the German soldier laugh?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A monkey.
(d) A ball.
6. What is the name of the Army officer who admires Rhoda?
(a) Breckingridge Long.
(b) Sime Anderson.
(c) Harrison Peters.
(d) Julius Wurtweiler.
7. Whom is Leslie Slote surprised to meet with while he is in Washington trying to get the American government to help with the plight of European Jews?
(a) Pug Henry.
(b) Selma Ascher.
(c) Pam Tudsbury.
(d) Sime Anderson.
8. What is Natalie told Louis died of?
9. What does a farmer toss into the train car that Natalie is riding to Auschwitz?
10. How many Jews are transported from Theresienstadt in an effort to alleviate the overcrowding before the Red Cross visit?
11. General Yevlenko is a big proponent of what system in Russia?
(d) Land Lease.
12. What do the SS officers threaten to do at Theresienstadt to keep Natalie in line?
(a) Kill Aaron.
(b) Rape her.
(c) Starve her.
(d) Kill Louis.
13. As Pug tours Russia, he is shocked to hear that General Yevlenko's mother died from___________________.
14. What is the name of Natalie's friend whose daughter often plays with Louis at Theresienstadt?
15. When he returns to Washington at the end of the war, Pug is offered what position?
(a) Naval Liason.
(b) Naval Aide.
(c) Secretary of the Navy.
(d) Russian Ambassador.
Short Answer Questions
1. Berel Jastrow travels with forged papers as Reinhold Henkle, a German _____________.
2. When does the Red Cross visit Theresienstadt?
3. What is the name of the married man Madeline Henry is having an affair with?
4. Where does Aaron work in Theresienstadt?
5. What is the name of the SS officer who is in charge of uncovering the mass graves and burning the bodies?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)