|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Russian city does Pug tour to see the damage from the war?
2. What is the Russian Army known as?
(a) Stalin's Army.
(b) The Black Army.
(c) The Red Army.
(d) Lenin's Army.
3. As Pug tours Russia, he is shocked to hear that General Yevlenko's mother died from___________________.
4. What is the name of the new director at Theresienstadt after Aaron becomes a Jewish official?
(a) Karl Rahm.
(b) Abraham Jonesburg.
(c) Josiah Tuttlebaum.
(d) Daniel Ginsburg.
5. While Byron is in San Francisco for repairs to his submarine, he tests a new gadget for detecting what?
(c) Mine fields.
6. Where is Madam Rosen told the German military needs to move the current orphanage building to?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A ski resort.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A school.
7. Berel Jastrow travels with forged papers as Reinhold Henkle, a German _____________.
(a) Construction worker.
8. Who is the Jewish woman who helps Berel Jastrow when he is captured by the partisans?
(a) Bronka Ginsberg.
(b) Tonta Harberg.
(c) Griselda Bettleman.
(d) Helga Tuttlebaum.
9. General Yevlenko is a big proponent of what system in Russia?
(a) Land Lease.
10. How many Jews are transported from Theresienstadt in an effort to alleviate the overcrowding before the Red Cross visit?
11. What is the toy Louis Henry is playing with on the train that makes the German soldier laugh?
(b) A monkey.
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) A ball.
12. What is the name of the Army officer who admires Rhoda?
(a) Harrison Peters.
(b) Sime Anderson.
(c) Julius Wurtweiler.
(d) Breckingridge Long.
13. What is the name of Pug's contact who may have enough clout to help Natalie?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) John Jay.
(c) Harry Hopkins.
(d) Leslie Slote.
14. What does Leslie Slote tell Julius Wurtweiler is the only real way to help the Jews in Europe?
(a) Destroy Nazi Germany.
(b) Control Paris.
(c) Kill Hitler.
(d) Bomb Japan.
15. When Aaron meets with SS officials during his time at Theresienstadt, what do they ask him to be the head of?
(a) Department of Valuable Possessions.
(b) Department of Defense.
(c) Department of Cultural Affairs.
(d) Department of Education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book Hitler wrote?
2. Whom does Berel Jastrow give the secret films to in Prague?
3. What is the name of Captain Aster's executive officer on the submarine?
4. What is the name of the Assistant Secretary of State Slote meets with about helping Jews come to America?
5. What does Aaron use to try to bribe the commander of Theresienstadt to save Natalie from being transported?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)