|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the submarine Byron commands?
2. What is the name of the Assistant Secretary of State Slote meets with about helping Jews come to America?
(a) Harrison Peters.
(b) Sime Anderson.
(c) Breckingridge Long.
(d) Julius Wurtweiler.
3. What is the name of Pug's contact who may have enough clout to help Natalie?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) Harry Hopkins.
(d) John Jay.
4. When Aaron meets with SS officials during his time at Theresienstadt, what do they ask him to be the head of?
(a) Department of Valuable Possessions.
(b) Department of Defense.
(c) Department of Education.
(d) Department of Cultural Affairs.
5. Who is the Jewish woman who helps Berel Jastrow when he is captured by the partisans?
(a) Bronka Ginsberg.
(b) Tonta Harberg.
(c) Griselda Bettleman.
(d) Helga Tuttlebaum.
6. What is the name of the book Hitler wrote?
(a) World Holocaust.
(b) Mein Kampf.
(c) Nazi Germany.
(d) Wannsee Protocol.
7. What is the toy Louis Henry is playing with on the train that makes the German soldier laugh?
(b) A ball.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A teddy bear.
8. Whom does Berel Jastrow give the secret films to in Prague?
(a) A professor.
(b) A dentist.
(c) A contruction worker.
(d) A doctor.
9. While unpacking Pug's things together at the new apartment, Rhoda and Pam hear of whose death?
(a) Aaron Jastrow.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) Louis Henry.
(d) Leslie Slote.
10. What is the Russian Army known as?
(a) Lenin's Army.
(b) Stalin's Army.
(c) The Black Army.
(d) The Red Army.
11. What does Aaron tell the new director that the music department at Theresienstadt needs?
12. Where does Leslie get information about the concentration camps?
(a) Major newspapers.
(b) Theater pamphlets.
(c) Ladies magazines.
(d) University newspapers.
13. Leslie Slote explains to the Henrys that Aaron and Natalie are being __________ in France rather than detained.
14. What is removed from Aaron before he is cremated?
(a) His passport.
(c) Gold teeth.
(d) Gold watch.
15. As Aaron gets off the train at Auschwitz, he and the others are told to go where?
(b) Meeting hall.
(d) Disinfecting showers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Red Cross visit Theresienstadt?
2. What does a farmer toss into the train car that Natalie is riding to Auschwitz?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the three things Aaron tells Natalie a Jew must never do?
4. What is the name of the new director at Theresienstadt after Aaron becomes a Jewish official?
5. As Pug tours Russia, he is shocked to hear that General Yevlenko's mother died from___________________.
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)