|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aaron work in Theresienstadt?
(a) The cafeteria.
(b) The infirmary.
(c) The school.
(d) The library.
2. What do the SS officers threaten to do at Theresienstadt to keep Natalie in line?
(a) Kill Louis.
(b) Starve her.
(c) Kill Aaron.
(d) Rape her.
3. How many Jews are transported from Theresienstadt in an effort to alleviate the overcrowding before the Red Cross visit?
4. What is Natalie told Louis died of?
5. What is the name of the married man Madeline Henry is having an affair with?
(a) Hugh Cleveland.
(b) Phillip Rule.
(c) Sime Anderson.
(d) Carter Aster.
6. What is the name of Pug's contact who may have enough clout to help Natalie?
(a) John Jay.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) President Roosevelt.
(d) Harry Hopkins.
7. What is the toy Louis Henry is playing with on the train that makes the German soldier laugh?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A ball.
(d) A teddy bear.
8. What is the name of the Japanese fleet commander who faces Pug and Byron in battle?
9. What is the name of the Army officer who admires Rhoda?
(a) Harrison Peters.
(b) Sime Anderson.
(c) Breckingridge Long.
(d) Julius Wurtweiler.
10. General Yevlenko is a big proponent of what system in Russia?
(a) Land Lease.
11. Whom does Berel Jastrow give the secret films to in Prague?
(a) A professor.
(b) A dentist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A contruction worker.
12. Leslie Slote explains to the Henrys that Aaron and Natalie are being __________ in France rather than detained.
13. Berel Jastrow travels with forged papers as Reinhold Henkle, a German _____________.
(a) Construction worker.
14. What is Germany running low on in the summer of 1944?
(a) Ammunition and weapons.
(b) Soldiers and workers.
(c) Fuel and food.
(d) Fuel and ammunition.
15. While Byron is in San Francisco for repairs to his submarine, he tests a new gadget for detecting what?
(b) Mine fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Aaron gets off the train at Auschwitz, he and the others are told to go where?
2. What does a farmer toss into the train car that Natalie is riding to Auschwitz?
3. Leslie disagrees with the plans of _____________who believes the Jews can all be moved from Germany.
4. Where does Leslie get information about the concentration camps?
5. What is the Russian Army known as?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)