|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Japanese fleet commander who faces Pug and Byron in battle?
2. Aaron treasures his time at Theresienstadt because he found what there?
3. What does a farmer toss into the train car that Natalie is riding to Auschwitz?
4. What is the name of Pug's contact who may have enough clout to help Natalie?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) John Jay.
(d) Harry Hopkins.
5. When asked, on the train ride to Auschwitz, Aaron compares Hitler to _________.
(a) The devil.
(b) Fredrick the Great.
(c) American heroes.
6. Leslie Slote explains to the Henrys that Aaron and Natalie are being __________ in France rather than detained.
7. Peters reveals to Pug in Chapter 80 that the Army is interested in the Navy's system of processing _________.
8. What is the name of Natalie's friend whose daughter often plays with Louis at Theresienstadt?
9. What does Aaron tell the new director that the music department at Theresienstadt needs?
10. General Yevlenko is a big proponent of what system in Russia?
(b) Land Lease.
11. When he returns to Washington at the end of the war, Pug is offered what position?
(a) Naval Aide.
(b) Naval Liason.
(c) Secretary of the Navy.
(d) Russian Ambassador.
12. Which of the following is NOT one of the three things Aaron tells Natalie a Jew must never do?
(b) Worship false gods.
(c) Fight back.
(d) Have forbidden sex.
13. Whom does Berel Jastrow give the secret films to in Prague?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A professor.
(c) A contruction worker.
(d) A doctor.
14. Who writes to tell Byron the truth about Pug and Rhoda's divorce?
15. At Auschwitz, Natalie was put to work in a factory disassembling what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aaron work in Theresienstadt?
2. What is the name of the Army officer who admires Rhoda?
3. As Aaron gets off the train at Auschwitz, he and the others are told to go where?
4. While unpacking Pug's things together at the new apartment, Rhoda and Pam hear of whose death?
5. When Aaron meets with SS officials during his time at Theresienstadt, what do they ask him to be the head of?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)