|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What officials will be visiting Theresienstadt, causing the German camp to undergo a beautification program?
(b) American government.
(c) French government.
(d) The Red Cross.
2. What kind of program has Natalie been to when she returns to her room to discover new clothes for her meeting with Eichmann?
(a) A movie.
(b) The opera.
(c) A play.
(d) A puppet show.
3. Leslie Slote explains to the Henrys that Aaron and Natalie are being __________ in France rather than detained.
4. Where is Madam Rosen told the German military needs to move the current orphanage building to?
(a) A ski resort.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A school.
(d) A hotel.
5. What is the name of the submarine Byron commands?
6. General Yevlenko is a big proponent of what system in Russia?
(a) Land Lease.
7. After Moscow, Pug is sent to _______.
8. Where does Aaron work in Theresienstadt?
(a) The cafeteria.
(b) The school.
(c) The infirmary.
(d) The library.
9. Where does President Roosevelt send Pug in Chapter 50?
10. Whom is Leslie Slote surprised to meet with while he is in Washington trying to get the American government to help with the plight of European Jews?
(a) Selma Ascher.
(b) Sime Anderson.
(c) Pam Tudsbury.
(d) Pug Henry.
11. What is removed from Aaron before he is cremated?
(b) His passport.
(c) Gold watch.
(d) Gold teeth.
12. Where do Natalie and Aaron try to flee to when Beck shows up in Paris?
13. As Pug tours Russia, he is shocked to hear that General Yevlenko's mother died from___________________.
14. What does Aaron tell the new director that the music department at Theresienstadt needs?
15. What is the name of Natalie's friend whose daughter often plays with Louis at Theresienstadt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Natalie told Louis died of?
2. What does a farmer toss into the train car that Natalie is riding to Auschwitz?
3. What is the toy Louis Henry is playing with on the train that makes the German soldier laugh?
4. What is the name of the Assistant Secretary of State Slote meets with about helping Jews come to America?
5. Leslie disagrees with the plans of _____________who believes the Jews can all be moved from Germany.
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)