|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leslie get information about the concentration camps?
(a) Ladies magazines.
(b) Theater pamphlets.
(c) University newspapers.
(d) Major newspapers.
2. The _______ Jews were the spotlight of the Red Cross visit to Theresienstadt.
3. Who writes to tell Byron the truth about Pug and Rhoda's divorce?
4. What is the name of the submarine Byron commands?
5. What kind of program has Natalie been to when she returns to her room to discover new clothes for her meeting with Eichmann?
(a) A play.
(b) A movie.
(c) A puppet show.
(d) The opera.
6. At Auschwitz, Natalie was put to work in a factory disassembling what?
7. When does the Red Cross visit Theresienstadt?
(a) June 18, 1944.
(b) July 24, 1944.
(c) June 22, 1944.
(d) July 23, 1944.
8. What does Aaron tell the new director that the music department at Theresienstadt needs?
9. What is the Russian Army known as?
(a) Stalin's Army.
(b) Lenin's Army.
(c) The Black Army.
(d) The Red Army.
10. What do the SS officers threaten to do at Theresienstadt to keep Natalie in line?
(a) Kill Louis.
(b) Rape her.
(c) Starve her.
(d) Kill Aaron.
11. As Pug tours Russia, he is shocked to hear that General Yevlenko's mother died from___________________.
12. Where is Madam Rosen told the German military needs to move the current orphanage building to?
(a) A school.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A ski resort.
(d) A hospital.
13. What does Aaron use to try to bribe the commander of Theresienstadt to save Natalie from being transported?
(a) Secret information.
(c) Gold watch.
14. Where do Berel and Mutterperl want to escape to?
15. Pam and Pug are moving into a Washington apartment that formerly belong to whom?
(a) Leslie Slote.
(b) Aaron Jastrow.
(c) Alastair Tudsbury.
(d) Harrison Peters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Pug's contact who may have enough clout to help Natalie?
2. In Chapter 53, according to Leslie Slote, where is Natalie?
3. Who is the Jewish woman who helps Berel Jastrow when he is captured by the partisans?
4. What is the name of the submarine Byron and Aster are on when Aster commands firing on the unarmed Japanese soldiers?
5. Where does Aaron work in Theresienstadt?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)