|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Leslie Slote write a letter to, resigning from his position in the Foreign Service?
(a) Breckingridge Long.
(b) William Tuttle.
(c) Harry Tomlin.
(d) President Roosevelt.
2. What is the Russian Army known as?
(a) The Red Army.
(b) Lenin's Army.
(c) The Black Army.
(d) Stalin's Army.
3. In Chapter 53, according to Leslie Slote, where is Natalie?
4. Who is the Jewish woman who helps Berel Jastrow when he is captured by the partisans?
(a) Griselda Bettleman.
(b) Helga Tuttlebaum.
(c) Bronka Ginsberg.
(d) Tonta Harberg.
5. What does Aaron use to try to bribe the commander of Theresienstadt to save Natalie from being transported?
(c) Secret information.
(d) Gold watch.
6. What is Sime Anderson working on for the government?
(a) The atomic bomb.
(b) Japanese war strategy.
(c) Secret code.
(d) German war strategy.
7. What is removed from Aaron before he is cremated?
(a) Gold watch.
(c) His passport.
(d) Gold teeth.
8. As Aaron gets off the train at Auschwitz, he and the others are told to go where?
(b) Meeting hall.
(c) Disinfecting showers.
9. What is Natalie told Louis died of?
10. Where do Natalie and Aaron try to flee to when Beck shows up in Paris?
11. What does Aaron tell the new director that the music department at Theresienstadt needs?
12. What is the name of Captain Aster's executive officer on the submarine?
(a) Pete Bettman.
(b) Walt Gaines.
(c) Bill Cornett.
(d) Brent Petrell.
13. Where do Berel and Mutterperl want to escape to?
14. What is the name of the married man Madeline Henry is having an affair with?
(a) Carter Aster.
(b) Phillip Rule.
(c) Sime Anderson.
(d) Hugh Cleveland.
15. What is the name of the book Hitler wrote?
(a) Wannsee Protocol.
(b) World Holocaust.
(c) Nazi Germany.
(d) Mein Kampf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leslie Slote tell Julius Wurtweiler is the only real way to help the Jews in Europe?
2. What does a farmer toss into the train car that Natalie is riding to Auschwitz?
3. What illness is Aaron diagnosed as having while in German custody in France?
4. Peters reveals to Pug in Chapter 80 that the Army is interested in the Navy's system of processing _________.
5. What is the name of Leslie Slote's friend in the State Department?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)