|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pug tours Russia, he is shocked to hear that General Yevlenko's mother died from___________________.
2. While Byron is in San Francisco for repairs to his submarine, he tests a new gadget for detecting what?
(b) Mine fields.
3. What is the Russian Army known as?
(a) Stalin's Army.
(b) The Black Army.
(c) Lenin's Army.
(d) The Red Army.
4. Who is trying to get Louis out of Theresienstadt?
5. What kind of program has Natalie been to when she returns to her room to discover new clothes for her meeting with Eichmann?
(a) A play.
(b) A puppet show.
(c) The opera.
(d) A movie.
6. When Aaron meets with SS officials during his time at Theresienstadt, what do they ask him to be the head of?
(a) Department of Defense.
(b) Department of Education.
(c) Department of Valuable Possessions.
(d) Department of Cultural Affairs.
7. Peters reveals to Pug in Chapter 80 that the Army is interested in the Navy's system of processing _________.
8. What is the name of Pug's contact who may have enough clout to help Natalie?
(a) John Jay.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) Leslie Slote.
(d) Harry Hopkins.
9. General Yevlenko is a big proponent of what system in Russia?
(d) Land Lease.
10. What is the name of the submarine Byron commands?
11. What is the name of the Japanese fleet commander who faces Pug and Byron in battle?
12. Whom does Leslie Slote write a letter to, resigning from his position in the Foreign Service?
(a) Breckingridge Long.
(b) Harry Tomlin.
(c) William Tuttle.
(d) President Roosevelt.
13. What is removed from Aaron before he is cremated?
(a) Gold watch.
(b) Gold teeth.
(d) His passport.
14. What do the SS officers threaten to do at Theresienstadt to keep Natalie in line?
(a) Kill Aaron.
(b) Rape her.
(c) Kill Louis.
(d) Starve her.
15. Berel Jastrow travels with forged papers as Reinhold Henkle, a German _____________.
(a) Construction worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the SS officer who is in charge of uncovering the mass graves and burning the bodies?
2. What is Natalie told Louis died of?
3. When asked, on the train ride to Auschwitz, Aaron compares Hitler to _________.
4. When he returns to Washington at the end of the war, Pug is offered what position?
5. What is Germany running low on in the summer of 1944?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)