|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aaron sings and dances to a death song one night and as the performance ends Aaron recognizes _____.
2. What is the name of Captain Aster's executive officer on the submarine?
(a) Brent Petrell.
(b) Pete Bettman.
(c) Walt Gaines.
(d) Bill Cornett.
3. What does Aaron tell the new director that the music department at Theresienstadt needs?
4. Leslie Slote explains to the Henrys that Aaron and Natalie are being __________ in France rather than detained.
5. When he returns to Washington at the end of the war, Pug is offered what position?
(a) Russian Ambassador.
(b) Naval Liason.
(c) Naval Aide.
(d) Secretary of the Navy.
6. Who is the Jewish woman who helps Berel Jastrow when he is captured by the partisans?
(a) Tonta Harberg.
(b) Griselda Bettleman.
(c) Bronka Ginsberg.
(d) Helga Tuttlebaum.
7. What is the name of the new director at Theresienstadt after Aaron becomes a Jewish official?
(a) Karl Rahm.
(b) Abraham Jonesburg.
(c) Daniel Ginsburg.
(d) Josiah Tuttlebaum.
8. Where is Madam Rosen told the German military needs to move the current orphanage building to?
(a) A ski resort.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A school.
(d) A hotel.
9. What is the toy Louis Henry is playing with on the train that makes the German soldier laugh?
(a) A ball.
(b) A teddy bear.
(c) A monkey.
10. What is Germany running low on in the summer of 1944?
(a) Ammunition and weapons.
(b) Fuel and ammunition.
(c) Soldiers and workers.
(d) Fuel and food.
11. As Aaron gets off the train at Auschwitz, he and the others are told to go where?
(b) Disinfecting showers.
(d) Meeting hall.
12. Who writes to tell Byron the truth about Pug and Rhoda's divorce?
13. Where do Berel and Mutterperl want to escape to?
14. What is the name of Pug's contact who may have enough clout to help Natalie?
(a) John Jay.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) Harry Hopkins.
(d) President Roosevelt.
15. When asked, on the train ride to Auschwitz, Aaron compares Hitler to _________.
(a) The devil.
(b) Fredrick the Great.
(c) American heroes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Japanese fleet commander who faces Pug and Byron in battle?
2. At Auschwitz, Natalie was put to work in a factory disassembling what?
3. Where is the clipper Pug is traveling on to Russia diverted to?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the three things Aaron tells Natalie a Jew must never do?
5. Berel Jastrow travels with forged papers as Reinhold Henkle, a German _____________.
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)