|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pug's contact who may have enough clout to help Natalie?
(a) Harry Hopkins.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) President Roosevelt.
(d) John Jay.
2. As Pug tours Russia, he is shocked to hear that General Yevlenko's mother died from___________________.
3. What is the name of Captain Aster's executive officer on the submarine?
(a) Walt Gaines.
(b) Bill Cornett.
(c) Pete Bettman.
(d) Brent Petrell.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the three things Aaron tells Natalie a Jew must never do?
(a) Have forbidden sex.
(c) Fight back.
(d) Worship false gods.
5. At Auschwitz, Natalie was put to work in a factory disassembling what?
6. What is the name of the SS officer who is in charge of uncovering the mass graves and burning the bodies?
7. Leslie disagrees with the plans of _____________who believes the Jews can all be moved from Germany.
(a) Sime Anderson.
(b) Breckingridge Long.
(c) Harrison Peters.
(d) Julius Wurtweiler.
8. Where is Madam Rosen told the German military needs to move the current orphanage building to?
(a) A ski resort.
(b) A school.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A hotel.
9. What kind of program has Natalie been to when she returns to her room to discover new clothes for her meeting with Eichmann?
(a) A play.
(b) A movie.
(c) The opera.
(d) A puppet show.
10. What is the name of the Assistant Secretary of State Slote meets with about helping Jews come to America?
(a) Harrison Peters.
(b) Breckingridge Long.
(c) Julius Wurtweiler.
(d) Sime Anderson.
11. General Yevlenko is a big proponent of what system in Russia?
(a) Land Lease.
12. What is the name of Leslie Slote's friend in the State Department?
(a) John Smith.
(b) Douglas Weiss.
(c) Foxy Davis.
(d) Charles Schwartz.
13. Aaron sings and dances to a death song one night and as the performance ends Aaron recognizes _____.
14. What do the SS officers threaten to do at Theresienstadt to keep Natalie in line?
(a) Starve her.
(b) Rape her.
(c) Kill Louis.
(d) Kill Aaron.
15. What is the name of the submarine Byron commands?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Jews are transported from Theresienstadt in an effort to alleviate the overcrowding before the Red Cross visit?
2. What is the name of the Japanese fleet commander who faces Pug and Byron in battle?
3. As Aaron gets off the train at Auschwitz, he and the others are told to go where?
4. While Byron is in San Francisco for repairs to his submarine, he tests a new gadget for detecting what?
5. What is Germany running low on in the summer of 1944?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)