|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Aaron meets with SS officials during his time at Theresienstadt, what do they ask him to be the head of?
(a) Department of Cultural Affairs.
(b) Department of Valuable Possessions.
(c) Department of Education.
(d) Department of Defense.
2. What does a farmer toss into the train car that Natalie is riding to Auschwitz?
3. Peters reveals to Pug in Chapter 80 that the Army is interested in the Navy's system of processing _________.
4. When does the Red Cross visit Theresienstadt?
(a) June 18, 1944.
(b) June 22, 1944.
(c) July 23, 1944.
(d) July 24, 1944.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the three things Aaron tells Natalie a Jew must never do?
(a) Fight back.
(b) Worship false gods.
(c) Have forbidden sex.
6. Leslie Slote explains to the Henrys that Aaron and Natalie are being __________ in France rather than detained.
7. Whom is Leslie Slote surprised to meet with while he is in Washington trying to get the American government to help with the plight of European Jews?
(a) Pug Henry.
(b) Sime Anderson.
(c) Pam Tudsbury.
(d) Selma Ascher.
8. What is Natalie told Louis died of?
9. What is the name of the submarine Byron commands?
10. Whom does Berel Jastrow give the secret films to in Prague?
(a) A contruction worker.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A professor.
(d) A dentist.
11. What is removed from Aaron before he is cremated?
(b) Gold teeth.
(c) His passport.
(d) Gold watch.
12. What does Leslie Slote tell Julius Wurtweiler is the only real way to help the Jews in Europe?
(a) Bomb Japan.
(b) Kill Hitler.
(c) Control Paris.
(d) Destroy Nazi Germany.
13. Aaron sings and dances to a death song one night and as the performance ends Aaron recognizes _____.
14. What is the name of the SS officer who is in charge of uncovering the mass graves and burning the bodies?
15. What is Sime Anderson working on for the government?
(a) The atomic bomb.
(b) Secret code.
(c) Japanese war strategy.
(d) German war strategy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does President Roosevelt send Pug in Chapter 50?
2. The _______ Jews were the spotlight of the Red Cross visit to Theresienstadt.
3. What is the name of Leslie Slote's friend in the State Department?
4. When he returns to Washington at the end of the war, Pug is offered what position?
5. What does Aaron tell the new director that the music department at Theresienstadt needs?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)