|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aaron sings and dances to a death song one night and as the performance ends Aaron recognizes _____.
2. What is the name of the married man Madeline Henry is having an affair with?
(a) Carter Aster.
(b) Hugh Cleveland.
(c) Sime Anderson.
(d) Phillip Rule.
3. What does Rhoda serve to eat at her reunion with Pug in Washington in Chapter 50?
(c) Chocolate cake.
4. Who writes to tell Byron the truth about Pug and Rhoda's divorce?
5. After Moscow, Pug is sent to _______.
6. What is the name of the book Hitler wrote?
(a) Wannsee Protocol.
(b) World Holocaust.
(c) Nazi Germany.
(d) Mein Kampf.
7. What does a farmer toss into the train car that Natalie is riding to Auschwitz?
8. Where does Aaron work in Theresienstadt?
(a) The cafeteria.
(b) The school.
(c) The infirmary.
(d) The library.
9. Whom does Leslie Slote write a letter to, resigning from his position in the Foreign Service?
(a) Breckingridge Long.
(b) Harry Tomlin.
(c) William Tuttle.
(d) President Roosevelt.
10. Madame Rosen's orphanage is located outside of __________.
11. What is the name of the new director at Theresienstadt after Aaron becomes a Jewish official?
(a) Abraham Jonesburg.
(b) Daniel Ginsburg.
(c) Karl Rahm.
(d) Josiah Tuttlebaum.
12. What illness is Aaron diagnosed as having while in German custody in France?
13. While Byron is in San Francisco for repairs to his submarine, he tests a new gadget for detecting what?
(c) Mine fields.
14. Which of the following is NOT one of the three things Aaron tells Natalie a Jew must never do?
(b) Fight back.
(c) Have forbidden sex.
(d) Worship false gods.
15. What is removed from Aaron before he is cremated?
(b) Gold watch.
(c) Gold teeth.
(d) His passport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aaron tell the new director that the music department at Theresienstadt needs?
2. What does Aaron use to try to bribe the commander of Theresienstadt to save Natalie from being transported?
3. What is the name of the SS officer who is in charge of uncovering the mass graves and burning the bodies?
4. What is the name of Pug's contact who may have enough clout to help Natalie?
5. What is Germany running low on in the summer of 1944?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)