|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness is Aaron diagnosed as having while in German custody in France?
2. Where do Berel and Mutterperl want to escape to?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the three things Aaron tells Natalie a Jew must never do?
(a) Fight back.
(b) Have forbidden sex.
(c) Worship false gods.
4. Berel Jastrow travels with forged papers as Reinhold Henkle, a German _____________.
(d) Construction worker.
5. What is the name of the married man Madeline Henry is having an affair with?
(a) Phillip Rule.
(b) Carter Aster.
(c) Hugh Cleveland.
(d) Sime Anderson.
6. What is the name of the submarine Byron commands?
7. What does Rhoda serve to eat at her reunion with Pug in Washington in Chapter 50?
(c) Chocolate cake.
8. What is the name of Leslie Slote's friend in the State Department?
(a) Douglas Weiss.
(b) Charles Schwartz.
(c) Foxy Davis.
(d) John Smith.
9. What is the name of the Army officer who admires Rhoda?
(a) Breckingridge Long.
(b) Sime Anderson.
(c) Julius Wurtweiler.
(d) Harrison Peters.
10. When does the Red Cross visit Theresienstadt?
(a) June 18, 1944.
(b) July 24, 1944.
(c) July 23, 1944.
(d) June 22, 1944.
11. What do the SS officers threaten to do at Theresienstadt to keep Natalie in line?
(a) Rape her.
(b) Kill Aaron.
(c) Starve her.
(d) Kill Louis.
12. What kind of program has Natalie been to when she returns to her room to discover new clothes for her meeting with Eichmann?
(a) A movie.
(b) A play.
(c) The opera.
(d) A puppet show.
13. What is the name of the submarine Byron and Aster are on when Aster commands firing on the unarmed Japanese soldiers?
14. What is the name of Pug's contact who may have enough clout to help Natalie?
(a) John Jay.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) Harry Hopkins.
(d) Leslie Slote.
15. Aaron sings and dances to a death song one night and as the performance ends Aaron recognizes _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aaron work in Theresienstadt?
2. While unpacking Pug's things together at the new apartment, Rhoda and Pam hear of whose death?
3. While Byron is in San Francisco for repairs to his submarine, he tests a new gadget for detecting what?
4. Who is the Jewish woman who helps Berel Jastrow when he is captured by the partisans?
5. Madame Rosen's orphanage is located outside of __________.
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)