|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Berel Jastrow travels with forged papers as Reinhold Henkle, a German _____________.
(c) Construction worker.
2. What is the name of the Army officer who admires Rhoda?
(a) Breckingridge Long.
(b) Sime Anderson.
(c) Harrison Peters.
(d) Julius Wurtweiler.
3. Where do Natalie and Aaron try to flee to when Beck shows up in Paris?
4. When asked, on the train ride to Auschwitz, Aaron compares Hitler to _________.
(a) American heroes.
(c) Fredrick the Great.
(d) The devil.
5. What is the name of the submarine Byron and Aster are on when Aster commands firing on the unarmed Japanese soldiers?
6. What is removed from Aaron before he is cremated?
(a) Gold watch.
(c) His passport.
(d) Gold teeth.
7. Madame Rosen's orphanage is located outside of __________.
8. Leslie disagrees with the plans of _____________who believes the Jews can all be moved from Germany.
(a) Harrison Peters.
(b) Sime Anderson.
(c) Julius Wurtweiler.
(d) Breckingridge Long.
9. Who is the Jewish woman who helps Berel Jastrow when he is captured by the partisans?
(a) Bronka Ginsberg.
(b) Tonta Harberg.
(c) Helga Tuttlebaum.
(d) Griselda Bettleman.
10. What kind of program has Natalie been to when she returns to her room to discover new clothes for her meeting with Eichmann?
(a) A puppet show.
(b) A play.
(c) A movie.
(d) The opera.
11. What is the name of the submarine Byron commands?
12. What Russian city does Pug tour to see the damage from the war?
13. What does a farmer toss into the train car that Natalie is riding to Auschwitz?
14. What does Rhoda serve to eat at her reunion with Pug in Washington in Chapter 50?
(b) Chocolate cake.
15. Whom does Berel Jastrow give the secret films to in Prague?
(a) A contruction worker.
(b) A dentist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leslie Slote tell Julius Wurtweiler is the only real way to help the Jews in Europe?
2. Where is Madam Rosen told the German military needs to move the current orphanage building to?
3. What does Aaron tell the new director that the music department at Theresienstadt needs?
4. Where does Aaron work in Theresienstadt?
5. At Auschwitz, Natalie was put to work in a factory disassembling what?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)