|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aaron treasures his time at Theresienstadt because he found what there?
2. What does Aaron use to try to bribe the commander of Theresienstadt to save Natalie from being transported?
(b) Secret information.
(d) Gold watch.
3. The _______ Jews were the spotlight of the Red Cross visit to Theresienstadt.
4. What is removed from Aaron before he is cremated?
(a) His passport.
(c) Gold watch.
(d) Gold teeth.
5. Who is trying to get Louis out of Theresienstadt?
6. What is the name of Leslie Slote's friend in the State Department?
(a) Charles Schwartz.
(b) Foxy Davis.
(c) Douglas Weiss.
(d) John Smith.
7. As Pug tours Russia, he is shocked to hear that General Yevlenko's mother died from___________________.
8. Where do Berel and Mutterperl want to escape to?
9. What is the name of the Assistant Secretary of State Slote meets with about helping Jews come to America?
(a) Harrison Peters.
(b) Sime Anderson.
(c) Breckingridge Long.
(d) Julius Wurtweiler.
10. What does a farmer toss into the train car that Natalie is riding to Auschwitz?
11. What is the name of the submarine Byron commands?
12. Which of the following is NOT one of the three things Aaron tells Natalie a Jew must never do?
(a) Fight back.
(c) Have forbidden sex.
(d) Worship false gods.
13. What is the toy Louis Henry is playing with on the train that makes the German soldier laugh?
(a) A ball.
(b) A monkey.
(d) A teddy bear.
14. Madame Rosen's orphanage is located outside of __________.
15. Pam and Pug are moving into a Washington apartment that formerly belong to whom?
(a) Harrison Peters.
(b) Alastair Tudsbury.
(c) Aaron Jastrow.
(d) Leslie Slote.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peters reveals to Pug in Chapter 80 that the Army is interested in the Navy's system of processing _________.
2. What Russian city does Pug tour to see the damage from the war?
3. Aaron sings and dances to a death song one night and as the performance ends Aaron recognizes _____.
4. Who writes to tell Byron the truth about Pug and Rhoda's divorce?
5. What is the name of the submarine Byron and Aster are on when Aster commands firing on the unarmed Japanese soldiers?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)