|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the new director at Theresienstadt after Aaron becomes a Jewish official?
(a) Josiah Tuttlebaum.
(b) Karl Rahm.
(c) Daniel Ginsburg.
(d) Abraham Jonesburg.
2. Where do Natalie and Aaron try to flee to when Beck shows up in Paris?
3. What do the SS officers threaten to do at Theresienstadt to keep Natalie in line?
(a) Kill Louis.
(b) Starve her.
(c) Rape her.
(d) Kill Aaron.
4. Pam and Pug are moving into a Washington apartment that formerly belong to whom?
(a) Alastair Tudsbury.
(b) Aaron Jastrow.
(c) Harrison Peters.
(d) Leslie Slote.
5. Aaron treasures his time at Theresienstadt because he found what there?
6. Whom does Berel Jastrow give the secret films to in Prague?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A professor.
(c) A dentist.
(d) A contruction worker.
7. What is the name of the submarine Byron and Aster are on when Aster commands firing on the unarmed Japanese soldiers?
8. Where is the clipper Pug is traveling on to Russia diverted to?
9. While unpacking Pug's things together at the new apartment, Rhoda and Pam hear of whose death?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) Aaron Jastrow.
(c) Leslie Slote.
(d) Louis Henry.
10. What does Rhoda serve to eat at her reunion with Pug in Washington in Chapter 50?
(a) Chocolate cake.
11. What is the name of Natalie's friend whose daughter often plays with Louis at Theresienstadt?
12. Whom is Leslie Slote surprised to meet with while he is in Washington trying to get the American government to help with the plight of European Jews?
(a) Pam Tudsbury.
(b) Pug Henry.
(c) Selma Ascher.
(d) Sime Anderson.
13. What is the name of the submarine Byron commands?
14. What does Aaron use to try to bribe the commander of Theresienstadt to save Natalie from being transported?
(b) Gold watch.
(d) Secret information.
15. Which of the following is NOT one of the three things Aaron tells Natalie a Jew must never do?
(a) Have forbidden sex.
(c) Worship false gods.
(d) Fight back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Natalie told Louis died of?
2. Who is the Jewish woman who helps Berel Jastrow when he is captured by the partisans?
3. Whom does Leslie Slote write a letter to, resigning from his position in the Foreign Service?
4. Where is Madam Rosen told the German military needs to move the current orphanage building to?
5. What is the name of the Army officer who admires Rhoda?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)