|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leslie Slote explains to the Henrys that Aaron and Natalie are being __________ in France rather than detained.
2. Peters reveals to Pug in Chapter 80 that the Army is interested in the Navy's system of processing _________.
3. Berel Jastrow travels with forged papers as Reinhold Henkle, a German _____________.
(b) Construction worker.
4. What is the name of the SS officer who is in charge of uncovering the mass graves and burning the bodies?
5. Madame Rosen's orphanage is located outside of __________.
6. When does the Red Cross visit Theresienstadt?
(a) June 18, 1944.
(b) June 22, 1944.
(c) July 24, 1944.
(d) July 23, 1944.
7. What is Natalie told Louis died of?
8. What is the name of the submarine Byron commands?
9. Aaron sings and dances to a death song one night and as the performance ends Aaron recognizes _____.
10. After Moscow, Pug is sent to _______.
11. What is Germany running low on in the summer of 1944?
(a) Soldiers and workers.
(b) Ammunition and weapons.
(c) Fuel and ammunition.
(d) Fuel and food.
12. Where do Natalie and Aaron try to flee to when Beck shows up in Paris?
13. What is Sime Anderson working on for the government?
(a) Secret code.
(b) Japanese war strategy.
(c) German war strategy.
(d) The atomic bomb.
14. What is the Russian Army known as?
(a) Lenin's Army.
(b) The Red Army.
(c) Stalin's Army.
(d) The Black Army.
15. Who is the Jewish woman who helps Berel Jastrow when he is captured by the partisans?
(a) Griselda Bettleman.
(b) Tonta Harberg.
(c) Helga Tuttlebaum.
(d) Bronka Ginsberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leslie Slote tell Julius Wurtweiler is the only real way to help the Jews in Europe?
2. What officials will be visiting Theresienstadt, causing the German camp to undergo a beautification program?
3. Whom does Berel Jastrow give the secret films to in Prague?
4. What Russian city does Pug tour to see the damage from the war?
5. While Byron is in San Francisco for repairs to his submarine, he tests a new gadget for detecting what?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)