|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aaron sings and dances to a death song one night and as the performance ends Aaron recognizes _____.
2. While Byron is in San Francisco for repairs to his submarine, he tests a new gadget for detecting what?
(d) Mine fields.
3. Peters reveals to Pug in Chapter 80 that the Army is interested in the Navy's system of processing _________.
4. At Auschwitz, Natalie was put to work in a factory disassembling what?
5. What is removed from Aaron before he is cremated?
(a) Gold teeth.
(b) Gold watch.
(c) His passport.
6. What is Natalie told Louis died of?
7. Aaron treasures his time at Theresienstadt because he found what there?
8. When asked, on the train ride to Auschwitz, Aaron compares Hitler to _________.
(a) Fredrick the Great.
(b) The devil.
(c) American heroes.
9. What is the name of the SS officer who is in charge of uncovering the mass graves and burning the bodies?
10. What is the name of the married man Madeline Henry is having an affair with?
(a) Phillip Rule.
(b) Carter Aster.
(c) Sime Anderson.
(d) Hugh Cleveland.
11. What is the name of Leslie Slote's friend in the State Department?
(a) Douglas Weiss.
(b) John Smith.
(c) Foxy Davis.
(d) Charles Schwartz.
12. What officials will be visiting Theresienstadt, causing the German camp to undergo a beautification program?
(a) French government.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) American government.
13. The _______ Jews were the spotlight of the Red Cross visit to Theresienstadt.
14. Where is Madam Rosen told the German military needs to move the current orphanage building to?
(a) A ski resort.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A school.
15. What is the name of the new director at Theresienstadt after Aaron becomes a Jewish official?
(a) Daniel Ginsburg.
(b) Abraham Jonesburg.
(c) Karl Rahm.
(d) Josiah Tuttlebaum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Japanese fleet commander who faces Pug and Byron in battle?
2. Where do Berel and Mutterperl want to escape to?
3. What illness is Aaron diagnosed as having while in German custody in France?
4. What is Sime Anderson working on for the government?
5. What does a farmer toss into the train car that Natalie is riding to Auschwitz?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)