|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Berel Jastrow give the secret films to in Prague?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A contruction worker.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A professor.
2. Leslie disagrees with the plans of _____________who believes the Jews can all be moved from Germany.
(a) Julius Wurtweiler.
(b) Sime Anderson.
(c) Breckingridge Long.
(d) Harrison Peters.
3. Whom is Janice sleeping with after Warren's death?
(a) Hugh Cleveland.
(b) Carter Aster.
(c) Phillip Rule.
(d) Sime Anderson.
4. When he returns to Washington at the end of the war, Pug is offered what position?
(a) Secretary of the Navy.
(b) Russian Ambassador.
(c) Naval Liason.
(d) Naval Aide.
5. Where do Natalie and Aaron try to flee to when Beck shows up in Paris?
6. What is Natalie told Louis died of?
7. How many Jews are transported from Theresienstadt in an effort to alleviate the overcrowding before the Red Cross visit?
8. What does a farmer toss into the train car that Natalie is riding to Auschwitz?
9. In Chapter 53, according to Leslie Slote, where is Natalie?
10. Peters reveals to Pug in Chapter 80 that the Army is interested in the Navy's system of processing _________.
11. Who is the Jewish woman who helps Berel Jastrow when he is captured by the partisans?
(a) Bronka Ginsberg.
(b) Tonta Harberg.
(c) Griselda Bettleman.
(d) Helga Tuttlebaum.
12. What is the name of Pug's contact who may have enough clout to help Natalie?
(a) Leslie Slote.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) Harry Hopkins.
(d) John Jay.
13. Where does Leslie get information about the concentration camps?
(a) Ladies magazines.
(b) Major newspapers.
(c) Theater pamphlets.
(d) University newspapers.
14. What is the name of Captain Aster's executive officer on the submarine?
(a) Walt Gaines.
(b) Brent Petrell.
(c) Bill Cornett.
(d) Pete Bettman.
15. Where is Madam Rosen told the German military needs to move the current orphanage building to?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A ski resort.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aaron use to try to bribe the commander of Theresienstadt to save Natalie from being transported?
2. Leslie Slote explains to the Henrys that Aaron and Natalie are being __________ in France rather than detained.
3. Whom is Leslie Slote surprised to meet with while he is in Washington trying to get the American government to help with the plight of European Jews?
4. What is the name of the submarine Byron and Aster are on when Aster commands firing on the unarmed Japanese soldiers?
5. What does Rhoda serve to eat at her reunion with Pug in Washington in Chapter 50?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)