|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the submarine Byron commands?
2. Aaron treasures his time at Theresienstadt because he found what there?
3. Whom is Leslie Slote surprised to meet with while he is in Washington trying to get the American government to help with the plight of European Jews?
(a) Pug Henry.
(b) Pam Tudsbury.
(c) Sime Anderson.
(d) Selma Ascher.
4. Peters reveals to Pug in Chapter 80 that the Army is interested in the Navy's system of processing _________.
5. Madame Rosen's orphanage is located outside of __________.
6. What is Germany running low on in the summer of 1944?
(a) Ammunition and weapons.
(b) Fuel and food.
(c) Soldiers and workers.
(d) Fuel and ammunition.
7. What is Natalie told Louis died of?
8. In Chapter 53, according to Leslie Slote, where is Natalie?
9. What is the name of the married man Madeline Henry is having an affair with?
(a) Phillip Rule.
(b) Hugh Cleveland.
(c) Carter Aster.
(d) Sime Anderson.
10. What do the SS officers threaten to do at Theresienstadt to keep Natalie in line?
(a) Starve her.
(b) Kill Louis.
(c) Kill Aaron.
(d) Rape her.
11. What is the name of the Japanese fleet commander who faces Pug and Byron in battle?
12. Whom does Berel Jastrow give the secret films to in Prague?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A professor.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A contruction worker.
13. Whom does Leslie Slote write a letter to, resigning from his position in the Foreign Service?
(a) William Tuttle.
(b) Breckingridge Long.
(c) President Roosevelt.
(d) Harry Tomlin.
14. What is removed from Aaron before he is cremated?
(a) Gold watch.
(b) His passport.
(c) Gold teeth.
15. How many Jews are transported from Theresienstadt in an effort to alleviate the overcrowding before the Red Cross visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness is Aaron diagnosed as having while in German custody in France?
2. What is the name of Natalie's friend whose daughter often plays with Louis at Theresienstadt?
3. Where is the clipper Pug is traveling on to Russia diverted to?
4. What is the toy Louis Henry is playing with on the train that makes the German soldier laugh?
5. Pam and Pug are moving into a Washington apartment that formerly belong to whom?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)