|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Jewish woman who helps Berel Jastrow when he is captured by the partisans?
(a) Tonta Harberg.
(b) Bronka Ginsberg.
(c) Helga Tuttlebaum.
(d) Griselda Bettleman.
2. Peters reveals to Pug in Chapter 80 that the Army is interested in the Navy's system of processing _________.
3. While Byron is in San Francisco for repairs to his submarine, he tests a new gadget for detecting what?
(d) Mine fields.
4. What kind of program has Natalie been to when she returns to her room to discover new clothes for her meeting with Eichmann?
(a) A puppet show.
(b) The opera.
(c) A play.
(d) A movie.
5. What is the name of Natalie's friend whose daughter often plays with Louis at Theresienstadt?
6. What is removed from Aaron before he is cremated?
(a) Gold teeth.
(c) His passport.
(d) Gold watch.
7. When does the Red Cross visit Theresienstadt?
(a) June 18, 1944.
(b) June 22, 1944.
(c) July 23, 1944.
(d) July 24, 1944.
8. When he returns to Washington at the end of the war, Pug is offered what position?
(a) Naval Aide.
(b) Russian Ambassador.
(c) Naval Liason.
(d) Secretary of the Navy.
9. While unpacking Pug's things together at the new apartment, Rhoda and Pam hear of whose death?
(a) Leslie Slote.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) Louis Henry.
(d) Aaron Jastrow.
10. What is the name of the SS officer who is in charge of uncovering the mass graves and burning the bodies?
11. Leslie Slote explains to the Henrys that Aaron and Natalie are being __________ in France rather than detained.
12. What is the Russian Army known as?
(a) The Red Army.
(b) The Black Army.
(c) Stalin's Army.
(d) Lenin's Army.
13. Aaron treasures his time at Theresienstadt because he found what there?
14. Where does President Roosevelt send Pug in Chapter 50?
15. What does Leslie Slote tell Julius Wurtweiler is the only real way to help the Jews in Europe?
(a) Bomb Japan.
(b) Control Paris.
(c) Destroy Nazi Germany.
(d) Kill Hitler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pam and Pug are moving into a Washington apartment that formerly belong to whom?
2. What does a farmer toss into the train car that Natalie is riding to Auschwitz?
3. Madame Rosen's orphanage is located outside of __________.
4. After Moscow, Pug is sent to _______.
5. Where does Aaron work in Theresienstadt?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)