|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Aaron write about suddenly treating him differently in Chapter 29?
(a) Mose Sacerdote.
(b) Dr. Beck.
(c) The archbishop.
(d) Dr. Castelnuovo.
2. Who comes aboard the Northampton to see Pug before he sails into battle?
3. Who is the SS official who visits Beck, insisting Italian Jews be moved to German work camps?
(a) Lieutenant Reihert.
(b) Lieutenant Eichmann.
(d) Major Hoell.
4. What is the name of the man Byron is working for in Europe?
(a) Breckinridge Long.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) Sam Jones.
(d) Admiral Nimitz.
5. What is unusual about Aaron's manuscript after June 4, 1942?
(a) It's written by Natalie.
(b) It's in code.
(c) It's published.
(d) It's lost.
6. What are the men called who are emaciated and close to dying?
7. Natalie, Aaron and Louis are staying with a plumber named _____________ in Marseilles.
(a) Adam Russeau.
(b) Itzhak Mendelson.
(c) Abraham Rubin.
(d) Josiah Mettlebaum.
8. In what year does Pug first translate the Von Roon document?
9. Who is Leslie Slote surprised to see at the home of Treville Britton?
10. Where was the Second Front Now rally held?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) Rodeo Drive.
(c) Hollywood Bowl.
(d) Venice Beach.
11. Who is the German in charge of Mutterperl's work?
12. What means of transportation do the Jastrows and the Castelnuovos plan to use to escape Italy?
(c) Ore boats.
(d) U.S. freighter.
13. Where is Byron attending submarine attack school?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
14. Byron is sent to Marseilles as what for the military?
15. What does Dr. Beck request Aaron to do?
(a) Hide Natalie.
(b) Leave the country.
(c) Stay in Italy.
(d) A radio broadcast.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Aaron refuses Beck, he then tells Natalie to write a letter of acceptance to visit whom?
2. Who is the commanding officer of the Japanese fleet at the battle of Midway?
3. What is Carter Aster's nickname?
4. Berel Jastow is living in the German prison camp under what name?
5. Whom was the leader of the Enterprise flight squadrons during the battle of Midway?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)