|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Pam spend the most time talking to at the party in Chapter 23?
2. What are the huts called that Berel is building at Auschwitz?
3. Whom does Sacerdote say has arranged for Aaron, Natalie and Louis to be detained in Italy?
(c) Dr. Beck.
4. What is the name of the ship in Naples harbor where Natalie Henry seeks safety?
(b) U.S.S. Northhampton.
(c) U.S.S. Intrepid.
5. In Chapter 29, Aaron says Japan's rising power is like what?
(a) An angry dragon.
(b) A sleeping giant.
(c) A genie in a bottle.
(d) A wisp of smoke.
6. Whom did Byron meet up with at the party in Chapter 23?
7. How many of Admiral Spurance's decisions does von Roon note as being stragetically important to the battle of Midway?
8. _________________ virtually demanded that the planes be sent out to search for Japanese ships during Midway.
(a) Captain Browning.
(b) Warren Henry.
(c) Admiral Spurance.
(d) Pug Henry.
9. What is the name of the family Natalie and Aaron stay with in Corte, France?
10. Selma Ascher is going to marry an _____________.
(a) Swiss millionaire.
(b) American Jew.
(c) English Lord.
(d) Italian Count.
11. Who is the German in charge of Mutterperl's work?
12. Sacerdote tells Aaron and Natalie that the doctor who has treated Louis is whom?
(a) His son.
(b) A spy.
(c) A fake.
(d) His son-in-law.
13. Aaron tells Beck he does not want to be like whom in Chapter 25?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) t.s. elliot.
(d) Ezra Pound.
14. What is the name of the Viscount that Pam plans to marry?
(a) Duncan Burne-Wilke.
(b) Leonard Spreregen.
(c) Harry Tomlin.
(d) Hugh Cleveland.
15. What is the name of the ship Victor "Pug" Henry prepares to take command of in the beginning of War and Remembrance?
(a) U.S.S. Northhampton.
(c) U.S.S. Intrepid.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Aaron refuses Beck, he then tells Natalie to write a letter of acceptance to visit whom?
2. What is the name of Pug's first officer on the Northampton?
3. Whom does Aaron write about suddenly treating him differently in Chapter 29?
4. Whom does Pug surprise with a visit in Chapter 48?
5. What is the name of Warren and Janice's son?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)