|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Admiral Spurance's decisions does von Roon note as being stragetically important to the battle of Midway?
2. Who points out the flaws of Byron's plan to take Natalie and Louis with him out of France?
3. What means of transportation do the Jastrows and the Castelnuovos plan to use to escape Italy?
(c) U.S. freighter.
(d) Ore boats.
4. Which prisoners at Oswiecim prove to be the hardest workers, according to the Commandant?
(a) German prisoners.
(b) Soviet prisoners.
(c) Polish prisoners.
(d) French prisoners.
5. Who is the commanding officer of the Japanese fleet at the battle of Midway?
(a) Vice Admiral Nagumo.
(b) Admiral Kurito.
(c) Vice Admiral Hirokaki.
(d) Admiral Yakamoto.
6. Whom did Pam spend the most time talking to at the party in Chapter 23?
7. What did the Chicago Tribune print in its entirety?
(a) The Los Alamos papers.
(b) The Rainbow Five war program.
(c) The MacArthur Treaty.
(d) The Wannsee Protocol.
8. Which prisoners are a proving to be a disappointment to the Commandant at Oswiecim?
9. What is the name of Pug's first officer on the Northampton?
(a) Carter Aster.
(b) Jim Griggs.
(c) Sime Anderson.
(d) Byron Henry.
10. Whom does Leslie Slote discover is killed by a truck on his way over to meet with Leslie?
(a) Dr. Beck.
(b) Treville Britton.
(c) Joshua Ascher.
(d) Father Martin.
11. Who comes aboard the Northampton to see Pug before he sails into battle?
12. What is the name of the man Byron is working for in Europe?
(a) Admiral Nimitz.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) Sam Jones.
(d) Breckinridge Long.
13. Leslie Slote says the secret documents are worthless unless they can be ____________.
(c) Smuggled to America.
14. What are the men called who are emaciated and close to dying?
15. Where does Byron meet Ursula?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pam Tudsbury having dinner with Phillip Rule in London?
2. What is the nickname of Pamela Tudsbury's father?
3. Whom did Byron meet up with at the party in Chapter 23?
4. Berel Jastow is living in the German prison camp under what name?
5. What is the name of the submarine Byron Henry is assigned to, for a final mission, before he is stationed closer to his family?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)