|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the huts called that Berel is building at Auschwitz?
2. Who points out the flaws of Byron's plan to take Natalie and Louis with him out of France?
3. Whom does Byron first encounter in Marseilles who makes remarks against Aaron's writing?
(a) Luke Babbage.
(b) Sime Anderson.
(c) Jim Gaither.
(d) Joe Swartz.
4. What are Mutterperl and Berel carrying to give to members of the resistance?
(a) Coded documents.
(b) Rolls of undeveloped film.
5. Who is the commanding officer of the Japanese fleet at the battle of Midway?
(a) Admiral Yakamoto.
(b) Vice Admiral Hirokaki.
(c) Admiral Kurito.
(d) Vice Admiral Nagumo.
6. What is the name of the Viscount that Pam plans to marry?
(a) Leonard Spreregen.
(b) Duncan Burne-Wilke.
(c) Harry Tomlin.
(d) Hugh Cleveland.
7. Whom did von Roon believe to be Germany's greatest foe?
8. Who is the high-ranking SS officer who is coming to inspect Auschwitz?
9. Whom does Leslie Slote discover is killed by a truck on his way over to meet with Leslie?
(a) Joshua Ascher.
(b) Dr. Beck.
(c) Treville Britton.
(d) Father Martin.
10. What is the name of the man that Natalie confides once came into her bedroom and propositioned her while staying in Corte, France?
(b) Jean Paul.
11. What is being tested at Auschwitz in Chapter 46?
(a) Gas chambers.
(d) Mass graves.
12. What did Mutterperl do for a living before he was sent to Auschwitz?
(a) A contractor.
(b) A scientist.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A doctor.
13. What could Pug see out the window of Talky's hotel in Chapter 24?
(a) The Arizona.
(b) Diamond Head.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
14. What is Carter Aster's nickname?
15. Where is Byron attending submarine attack school?
(a) San Diego.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Beck request Aaron to do?
2. If Aaron agrees to do what Beck wants, where will he and Natalie be sent?
3. What was the name of the book Mose Sacerdote wanted Aaron to sign?
4. Who comes aboard the Northampton to see Pug before he sails into battle?
5. Where does von Roon write that Roosevelt agreed to fight the Germans in Chapter 43?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)