|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leslie Slote says the secret documents are worthless unless they can be ____________.
(c) Smuggled to America.
2. As Rhoda arrives in Hollywood, Madeline has been put in charge of a party at the home of whom?
(a) Harry Tomlin.
(b) Hugh Cleveland.
(c) Leonard Spreregen.
(d) Duncan Burne-Wilke.
3. Pam tells Rhoda that the last time she saw Warren he seemed _____________.
4. Who is the German in charge of Mutterperl's work?
5. Selma Ascher is going to marry an _____________.
(a) American Jew.
(b) Swiss millionaire.
(c) Italian Count.
(d) English Lord.
6. What is the name of Pug's commander?
(a) Admiral Eisenhower.
(b) Admiral Nimitz.
(c) Admiral Spurance.
(d) Admiral McCain.
7. Whom does Aaron wish he was on better terms with in Chapter 29?
8. Where does Byron meet Ursula?
9. Where are Pug, his sons and Aster attending a party at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) The Governor's house.
(b) The Royal Hawaiian.
(c) The Moana.
(d) The Ala Moana.
10. After Aaron refuses Beck, he then tells Natalie to write a letter of acceptance to visit whom?
(a) The archbishop.
(b) Dr. Castlenuovo.
(c) The Sacerdotes.
(d) Leslie Slote.
11. What is the name of the family Natalie and Aaron stay with in Corte, France?
12. What is Carter Aster's nickname?
13. What is the name of the submarine Byron Henry is assigned to, for a final mission, before he is stationed closer to his family?
14. Who is the SS official who visits Beck, insisting Italian Jews be moved to German work camps?
(a) Lieutenant Reihert.
(b) Lieutenant Eichmann.
(c) Major Hoell.
15. What was the name of the book Mose Sacerdote wanted Aaron to sign?
(a) A Jew's Journey.
(b) A Jew's Story.
(c) A Jew's Jesus.
(d) World Holocaust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship in Naples harbor where Natalie Henry seeks safety?
2. Who is the high-ranking SS officer who is coming to inspect Auschwitz?
3. What is being tested at Auschwitz in Chapter 46?
4. Natalie, Aaron and Louis are staying with a plumber named _____________ in Marseilles.
5. Berel Jastow is living in the German prison camp under what name?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)