|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Aaron wish he was on better terms with in Chapter 29?
2. What means of transportation do the Jastrows and the Castelnuovos plan to use to escape Italy?
(c) U.S. freighter.
(d) Ore boats.
3. What is Mutterperl's job at Auschwitz?
(a) A contractor.
(b) A scientist.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A doctor.
4. What is the name of Warren's gunner during the battle of Midway?
5. What is the name of the family Natalie and Aaron stay with in Corte, France?
6. Which prisoners are a proving to be a disappointment to the Commandant at Oswiecim?
7. Whom did Pam spend the most time talking to at the party in Chapter 23?
8. What does Dr. Beck request Aaron to do?
(a) A radio broadcast.
(b) Leave the country.
(c) Stay in Italy.
(d) Hide Natalie.
9. Aaron notes that Sacerdote is Italian for what name?
10. Who is the SS official who visits Beck, insisting Italian Jews be moved to German work camps?
(a) Lieutenant Reihert.
(c) Major Hoell.
(d) Lieutenant Eichmann.
11. Aaron tells Beck he does not want to be like whom in Chapter 25?
(a) t.s. elliot.
(b) Ezra Pound.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
12. If Aaron agrees to do what Beck wants, where will he and Natalie be sent?
(b) New York.
13. What are the huts called that Berel is building at Auschwitz?
14. What is the name of the Castelnuovos' young daughter?
15. What does each day start with at Auschwitz?
(a) Grave digging.
(c) Roll call.
Short Answer Questions
1. Selma Ascher reminds Leslie Slote of whom?
2. Whom is the Hollywood screenwriter who is the Second Front Now rally chairman?
3. What did the Chicago Tribune print in its entirety?
4. What was the date for the beginning of the battle of Midway?
5. Where is the ship Natalie is on supposed to be going?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)