|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What small battle does von Roon say was a decisive moment for the war against Japan?
(a) Marshall Island.
(b) Wotje Island.
(c) Doolittle Raid.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
2. Whom does Sacerdote say has arranged for Aaron, Natalie and Louis to be detained in Italy?
(d) Dr. Beck.
3. After the Northampton is hit at Midway, what is the one cruiser left unscathed?
4. What nationality is Rabinovitz?
5. Where is the Henry family going to celebrate Warren and Janice's anniversary?
(a) Royal Hawaiian Hotel.
(b) The Waikikian.
(c) Ala Moana Resort.
(d) Moana Hotel.
6. Whom did Byron meet up with at the party in Chapter 23?
7. Selma Ascher reminds Leslie Slote of whom?
8. What does Byron have around his wrist when and Natalie are reunited in France?
(a) Dog tags.
(b) Gold watch.
(d) A leather pouch.
9. What means of transportation do the Jastrows and the Castelnuovos plan to use to escape Italy?
(a) Ore boats.
(d) U.S. freighter.
10. What does Aaron think has caused the once-daring Natalie to be paralyzed with fear?
11. What is unusual about Aaron's manuscript after June 4, 1942?
(a) It's lost.
(b) It's published.
(c) It's in code.
(d) It's written by Natalie.
12. Where does Byron meet Ursula?
13. What is the name of the family Natalie and Aaron stay with in Corte, France?
14. What did the Chicago Tribune print in its entirety?
(a) The Rainbow Five war program.
(b) The MacArthur Treaty.
(c) The Wannsee Protocol.
(d) The Los Alamos papers.
15. Whom does Aaron write about suddenly treating him differently in Chapter 29?
(a) The archbishop.
(b) Dr. Beck.
(c) Dr. Castelnuovo.
(d) Mose Sacerdote.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Viscount that Pam plans to marry?
2. Aaron tells Dr. Beck that he predicts the _______ will win the war.
3. Whom did Pam spend the most time talking to at the party in Chapter 23?
4. Where is Byron attending submarine attack school?
5. If Aaron agrees to do what Beck wants, where will he and Natalie be sent?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)