|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________________ virtually demanded that the planes be sent out to search for Japanese ships during Midway.
(a) Pug Henry.
(b) Admiral Spurance.
(c) Captain Browning.
(d) Warren Henry.
2. What is the name of the club in Singapore that Elsa McMahon is not allowed to enter?
(a) Tanglin Club.
(b) Raffles Bar.
(c) Tangerine Bar.
(d) Officer's Club.
3. Who is Leslie Slote surprised to see at the home of Treville Britton?
4. Byron is sent to Marseilles as what for the military?
5. What are the men called who are emaciated and close to dying?
6. What is the name of the family Natalie and Aaron stay with in Corte, France?
7. Which prisoners at Oswiecim prove to be the hardest workers, according to the Commandant?
(a) Polish prisoners.
(b) German prisoners.
(c) French prisoners.
(d) Soviet prisoners.
8. What is the name of the ship in Naples harbor where Natalie Henry seeks safety?
(b) U.S.S. Northhampton.
(d) U.S.S. Intrepid.
9. Whom did Pam spend the most time talking to at the party in Chapter 23?
10. Which movie star is Rhoda going to get to meet while she is visiting Madeline?
(a) Humphrey Bogart.
(b) Greta Garbo.
(c) Betty Davis.
(d) James Stewart.
11. Who is the commanding officer of the Japanese fleet at the battle of Midway?
(a) Admiral Kurito.
(b) Vice Admiral Hirokaki.
(c) Admiral Yakamoto.
(d) Vice Admiral Nagumo.
12. After the Northampton is hit at Midway, what is the one cruiser left unscathed?
13. Who is the German in charge of Mutterperl's work?
14. Beck brings Natalie a letter from whom in Chapter 25?
15. What could Pug see out the window of Talky's hotel in Chapter 24?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) The Arizona.
(d) Diamond Head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Pug, his sons and Aster attending a party at the beginning of Chapter 23?
2. Where did Pug and Pam Tudsbury first meet?
3. Von Roon writes that the Allies met the Japanese at Guadalcanal where ____of the eleven Japanese ships sank.
4. What is the name of the Viscount that Pam plans to marry?
5. What did Mutterperl do for a living before he was sent to Auschwitz?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)