|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Admiral Spurance's decisions does von Roon note as being stragetically important to the battle of Midway?
2. What is the nickname of Pamela Tudsbury's father?
3. Whom does Pug surprise with a visit in Chapter 48?
4. Who misinforms Byron that Natalie and the baby are on a boat headed to America?
5. Von Roon writes that the Allies met the Japanese at Guadalcanal where ____of the eleven Japanese ships sank.
6. What is being tested at Auschwitz in Chapter 46?
(a) Gas chambers.
(d) Mass graves.
7. What are Mutterperl and Berel carrying to give to members of the resistance?
(a) Coded documents.
(d) Rolls of undeveloped film.
8. Who is the high-ranking SS officer who is coming to inspect Auschwitz?
9. After the Northampton is hit at Midway, what is the one cruiser left unscathed?
10. What is the name of the Castelnuovos' young daughter?
11. What small battle does von Roon say was a decisive moment for the war against Japan?
(a) Marshall Island.
(b) Wotje Island.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) Doolittle Raid.
12. If Aaron agrees to do what Beck wants, where will he and Natalie be sent?
(d) New York.
13. Whom was Natalie chasing after when she met and married Byron?
(a) Hugh Cleveland.
(b) Sime Anderson.
(c) Phillip Rule.
(d) Leslie Slote.
14. What was the date for the beginning of the battle of Midway?
(a) June 2, 1942.
(b) June 4, 1942.
(c) July 4, 1943.
(d) December 7, 1942.
15. What is Carter Aster's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom was Talky's last story about?
2. Sacerdote tells Aaron and Natalie that the doctor who has treated Louis is whom?
3. Pam tells Rhoda that the last time she saw Warren he seemed _____________.
4. In what year does Pug first translate the Von Roon document?
5. Which prisoners are a proving to be a disappointment to the Commandant at Oswiecim?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)