|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the SS official who visits Beck, insisting Italian Jews be moved to German work camps?
(a) Lieutenant Reihert.
(b) Lieutenant Eichmann.
(d) Major Hoell.
2. The Commandant is in no mood for the ______________ celebration going on in his home.
3. What is the name of the man that Natalie confides once came into her bedroom and propositioned her while staying in Corte, France?
(b) Jean Paul.
4. If Aaron agrees to do what Beck wants, where will he and Natalie be sent?
(c) New York.
5. In Chapter 29, Aaron says Japan's rising power is like what?
(a) A genie in a bottle.
(b) An angry dragon.
(c) A wisp of smoke.
(d) A sleeping giant.
6. What is the name of the family Natalie and Aaron stay with in Corte, France?
7. What does each day start with at Auschwitz?
(a) Roll call.
(b) Grave digging.
8. What is the name of the ship Victor "Pug" Henry prepares to take command of in the beginning of War and Remembrance?
(b) U.S.S. Northhampton.
(c) U.S.S. Intrepid.
9. Whom does Tudsbury want Pug to invite to the anniversary party so he can talk to him?
10. Von Roon writes that the Allies met the Japanese at Guadalcanal where ____of the eleven Japanese ships sank.
11. What did von Roon say was the key to the Axis upset victory in "The Japanese Surge" section of World Holocaust?
12. Berel Jastow is living in the German prison camp under what name?
(a) Sammy Mutterperl.
(b) Yuri Gorachov.
(c) Samuel Murpheal.
(d) Yuri Gorbachoff.
13. Leslie Slote says the secret documents are worthless unless they can be ____________.
(d) Smuggled to America.
14. What is the name of the club in Singapore that Elsa McMahon is not allowed to enter?
(a) Tanglin Club.
(b) Raffles Bar.
(c) Officer's Club.
(d) Tangerine Bar.
15. Natalie, Aaron and Louis are staying with a plumber named _____________ in Marseilles.
(a) Itzhak Mendelson.
(b) Abraham Rubin.
(c) Adam Russeau.
(d) Josiah Mettlebaum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship in Naples harbor where Natalie Henry seeks safety?
2. Where do Warren Henry and his wife Janice live at the beginning of War and Remembrance?
3. What do Aaron and Natalie serve for dinner when Dr. Beck is their guest in Italy?
4. Who is Leslie Slote surprised to see at the home of Treville Britton?
5. Whom did Pam spend the most time talking to at the party in Chapter 23?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)