|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which movie star is Rhoda going to get to meet while she is visiting Madeline?
(a) Betty Davis.
(b) James Stewart.
(c) Humphrey Bogart.
(d) Greta Garbo.
2. Who is the SS official who visits Beck, insisting Italian Jews be moved to German work camps?
(a) Lieutenant Eichmann.
(b) Lieutenant Reihert.
(d) Major Hoell.
3. Tudsbury's is not allowed to broadcast from Singapore because his report contains _________________.
(a) Insults to the royalty.
(b) Predictions about the war.
(c) Foul language.
(d) Vital military information.
4. Whom was Natalie chasing after when she met and married Byron?
(a) Hugh Cleveland.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) Sime Anderson.
(d) Phillip Rule.
5. What is being tested at Auschwitz in Chapter 46?
(a) Mass graves.
(c) Gas chambers.
6. What was the name of the book Mose Sacerdote wanted Aaron to sign?
(a) World Holocaust.
(b) A Jew's Journey.
(c) A Jew's Story.
(d) A Jew's Jesus.
7. What means of transportation do the Jastrows and the Castelnuovos plan to use to escape Italy?
(b) U.S. freighter.
(d) Ore boats.
8. Where is Byron attending submarine attack school?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
9. What is the name of the manuscript Aaron is working on?
(a) A Jew's Story.
(b) The World Holocaust.
(c) The Wannsee Protocol.
(d) A Jew's Journey.
10. Where are Pug, his sons and Aster attending a party at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) The Ala Moana.
(b) The Royal Hawaiian.
(c) The Moana.
(d) The Governor's house.
11. Where did Byron and Natalie go on their honeymoon?
12. What kind of ship does the Devilfish sink?
13. What is the name of Warren and Janice's son?
14. Where does von Roon write that Roosevelt agreed to fight the Germans in Chapter 43?
(d) French North Africa.
15. Whom did Byron meet up with at the party in Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Aaron write about suddenly treating him differently in Chapter 29?
2. Byron is sent to Marseilles as what for the military?
3. Whom is the Hollywood screenwriter who is the Second Front Now rally chairman?
4. After Aaron refuses Beck, he then tells Natalie to write a letter of acceptance to visit whom?
5. Selma Ascher reminds Leslie Slote of whom?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)