|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Byron meet up with at the party in Chapter 23?
2. What is the name of the Commandant at Oswiecim?
(a) Major Himmler.
(b) Major Hoess.
(c) Major Rapportfurer.
(d) Major Krauthammer.
3. After Aaron refuses Beck, he then tells Natalie to write a letter of acceptance to visit whom?
(a) Leslie Slote.
(b) Dr. Castlenuovo.
(c) The archbishop.
(d) The Sacerdotes.
4. What is being tested at Auschwitz in Chapter 46?
(b) Gas chambers.
(d) Mass graves.
5. What does Aaron think has caused the once-daring Natalie to be paralyzed with fear?
6. Who is the SS official who visits Beck, insisting Italian Jews be moved to German work camps?
(a) Lieutenant Reihert.
(b) Major Hoell.
(d) Lieutenant Eichmann.
7. Where is the Henry family going to celebrate Warren and Janice's anniversary?
(a) Ala Moana Resort.
(b) The Waikikian.
(c) Royal Hawaiian Hotel.
(d) Moana Hotel.
8. Selma Ascher is going to marry an _____________.
(a) English Lord.
(b) Italian Count.
(c) Swiss millionaire.
(d) American Jew.
9. After the Northampton is hit at Midway, what is the one cruiser left unscathed?
10. The Commandant is in no mood for the ______________ celebration going on in his home.
11. The Northampton and several other ships are off the coast of _________ when they take heavy torpedo fire.
12. Who points out the flaws of Byron's plan to take Natalie and Louis with him out of France?
13. Where does Byron meet Ursula?
14. Byron is sent to Marseilles as what for the military?
15. What nationality is Rabinovitz?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the huts called that Berel is building at Auschwitz?
2. What is the name of the island that the Northampton attacks in Chapter 15?
3. Who is the German in charge of Mutterperl's work?
4. Who is the high-ranking SS officer who is coming to inspect Auschwitz?
5. Whom does Byron first encounter in Marseilles who makes remarks against Aaron's writing?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)