|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 6, Daphne Bigelow and the Spine-chilling Saga of the Snail-encrusted Tinfoil Noose.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when, during the family's road trip, the Old Man refuses the opportunity to purchase gas at the last station?
(a) They run out of gas and he has to hike back for some.
(b) They run out of gas at the resort entrance and have to push the car in.
(c) They run out of gas, the radiatior overheats, and a tire goes flat, all at the same time.
(d) Mother yells at him until he does a u-turn and gets gas.
2. How does the narrator get to the Bigelow family's neighborhood?
(a) Takes the family car.
(b) Gets a ride from his father.
(c) Long bike ride.
(d) Long bus ride.
3. What does the Old Man admire about his favorite ride at the County Fair?
(a) It's just the right length.
(b) Very few dare to get on such a wild ride.
(c) It's a fine piece of machinery.
(d) It makes him feel like a teenager again.
4. What does the Old Man find touching when he's looking at the County Fair quilts with his family?
(a) A quilt commemorating beer making.
(b) Seeing Luke Appling on a quilt.
(c) A quilt commemorating ice hockey.
(d) Seeing a 92-year-old lady making quilt squares.
5. On the morning of the family's departure for their Michigan trip, Mother is in the kitchen scrambling eggs and making coffee while the Old Man is doing what?
(a) Packing the car.
(c) Making waffles.
(d) Yelling at the neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator's childhood experience at the County Fair compare to a movie he watches when he's an adult that portrays a State Fair set in Indiana?
2. Soon after consuming three taffy apples, four hot dogs, and two root beers at the County Fair, what else does Randy ingest?
3. When the Spring Dance is announced, who does the narrator decide to invite?
4. In Daphne's neighborhood, the narrator notices that there is no smell of oil refineries in the air and even what?
5. Before the narrator can invite a girl to the Spring Dance, he decides that first they must what?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)