|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 6, Daphne Bigelow and the Spine-chilling Saga of the Snail-encrusted Tinfoil Noose.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the family's road trip to Michigan, why does Mother suddenly insist that the Old Man stop the car?
(a) She knows Randy is about to throw up.
(b) The contents of the car have shifted and she's getting squished by supplies.
(c) She needs to check on the narrator, who looks overheated and dehydrated.
(d) They haven't had a bathroom stop in six hours.
2. What does the Old Man do two weeks prior to the family's departure for their annual Michigan vacation?
(a) Has a tuneup performed on their car.
(b) Starts telling everybody at work about his upcoming trip.
(c) Maps out the trip route, complete with stops and detours.
(d) Checks out library books to read during his vacation.
3. Among the animals at the fair, the Shepherds see what?
(a) A four-foot tall chicken.
(b) A two-headed llama.
(c) A dime-size frog.
(d) A grand champion pig.
4. The narrator is ecstatic in his Biology II class because of what?
(a) With his new tutor, he's sure to get an A.
(b) It's spring and he's feeling the excitement of the season.
(c) A pretty girl finally has a big crush on him.
(d) He gets to talk with the girl of his dreams on a weekly basis.
5. At what point does the narrator realize they are halfway to their Michigan destination?
(a) After he almost faints from dehydration and heat exhaustion.
(b) After they've been driving for six hours without stopping.
(c) When the contents of the car have shifted so much he can no longer move.
(d) When Randy throws up, because he does this every year at the halfway mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says that his family's annual trip to Michigan is bigger than what to him?
2. In his daydreams, the narrator envisions himself impressing his lady friend with what dance?
3. What do the Old Man and Mother do well into the night in preparation for their Michigan trip?
4. Soon after consuming three taffy apples, four hot dogs, and two root beers at the County Fair, what else does Randy ingest?
5. For the family's Michigan trip, what does the Old Man pack into the Sears luggage rack on the car roof?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)