|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Gram and Gramps been married?
2. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch?
3. Why does Sal feel queasy when she and her grandparents drive through Montana?
4. Sal thinks that she and her grandparents can get to Idaho on her mother's birthday, if she continuously does what?
5. What was the name of the dog that Sal had as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sal discover on her second visit to the police station?
2. What do Sal and Phoebe discover when they go the university?
3. Why does Phoebe feel embarrassed when Mr. Birkway comes to her house?
4. When does Sal know for sure that her mother is not coming back?
5. Where does Sal tell the sheriff in Longwood that her mother really is? Why?
6. How does Mr. Birkway attempt to hide the identity of the journal's owners, and why does this fail?
7. Why do you think Gram is so emotional about seeing Old Faithful?
8. Why does Sal's view of Mrs. Cadaver change after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe?
9. What did Ben write in his journal, and why does it upset Sal?
10. How have the journal readings affected everyone in English class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is Phoebe's mother similar to Sal's mother? In what ways are they different?
Essay Topic 2
How is symbolism used in Walk Two Moons? Give examples from the story, and explain what each symbolizes.
Essay Topic 3
Why is Sal angry at her mother for leaving? What does being angry accomplish for Sal?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)