|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sal asks Margaret what her plans are as far as what?
2. How long was Mrs. Cadaver trapped in the bus?
3. What gift did Gram receive from the egg man?
4. When does Ben send Sal a valentine?
5. Why is Gramps worried as they drive into Idaho?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Margaret and Sal's father meet?
2. Why does Sal's view of Mrs. Cadaver change after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe?
3. Why is Sal so affected by the thought of Mr. Winterbottom crying?
4. Why does Ben's mother remind Sal of her own mother?
5. What three things did Sal discover she was jealous about?
6. What do Sal and Phoebe discover when they go the university?
7. How have the journal readings affected everyone in English class?
8. Why does Phoebe feel embarrassed when Mr. Birkway comes to her house?
9. Why do you think Gramps watches Gram so closely when they are at Old Faithful?
10. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Mrs. Winterbottom give up her son? In what ways has that experience influenced her behavior as a wife and mother?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Sal's grandparents on each side of her family: their personalities, relationships, and roles in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the notes that were left on Phoebe's porch. What does each of them mean, and how does each relate to the story?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)