|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what appliance does Sal compare Old Faithful?
2. When Margaret asks Sal whether she likes Mr. Birkway, how does Sal respond?
3. What happens between Sal and Ben at the hospital?
4. What does Sal imagine Margaret doing?
5. On what day of her trip with her grandparents do they arrive at Yellowstone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the journal readings affected everyone in English class?
2. What does Sal realize when she worries about whether her actions could have gotten Gram bitten or made her mother miscarry?
3. How does Mr. Birkway attempt to hide the identity of the journal's owners, and why does this fail?
4. The day after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe, what plan do Sal and Phoebe devise?
5. How do each of Mrs. Winterbottom's family members react to the news that Mike Bickle is her son?
6. When does Sal know for sure that her mother is not coming back?
7. Why is Sal so affected by the thought of Mr. Winterbottom crying?
8. What do Sal and Phoebe discover when they go the university?
9. Why do you think Gramps watches Gram so closely when they are at Old Faithful?
10. When Phoebe sees her mother and Mike together, how is Mrs. Winterbottom different?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think is the main message the author is trying to convey in Walk Two Moons. Use many examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the notes that were left on Phoebe's porch. What does each of them mean, and how does each relate to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Mrs. Winterbottom give up her son? In what ways has that experience influenced her behavior as a wife and mother?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)