|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal see that makes her realize that she missed the bus stop?
2. What book do Sal and Phoebe see someone reading at Margaret's house?
3. What does the sheriff in Idaho make Sal promise?
4. Sal says that her mother is not gone, but is actually where?
5. Who stops Gram from climbing under the rope at Old Faithful?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the factors that motivated Sal's mother to leave her family. Use specific quotes from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
How does the point of view affect the story? How would the story be different if it was told from another point of view?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Mrs. Winterbottom give up her son? In what ways has that experience influenced her behavior as a wife and mother?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)