|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gram say that Old Faithful looks like?
2. Who came to visit Gramps the day after Gram was buried?
3. How does Phoebe feel when Mr. Birkway is done talking to her at her house?
4. Besides Ben and Phoebe, who does Sal write to?
5. When Mrs. Winterbottom first introduces Mike, how does Mr. Winterbottom look?
Essay Topic 1
How has Sal learned to deal with death and loss throughout the narrative? What attitude does she have toward death and loss at the end of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the factors that motivated Sal's mother to leave her family. Use specific quotes from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why you think Native American heritage was so important to Sal and her mother.
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)