|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Gram and Gramps been married?
2. When Sal tries to explain Mrs. Winterbottom's disappearance reasonably, how does Phoebe respond?
3. When Margaret asks Sal whether she likes Mr. Birkway, how does Sal respond?
4. Why Mr. Birkway come to Phoebe's house?
5. What does Ben give Sal as a gift in Chapter 40?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three things did Sal discover she was jealous about?
2. Why do you think that Phoebe was so disgusted when she saw her mother with Mike at the university?
3. What does Sal realize was the reason behind her car trip to Idaho with her grandparents?
4. Who does Sal meet at the overlook on the way to Lewiston?
5. Why is Sal so affected by the thought of Mr. Winterbottom crying?
6. Why does Ben's mother remind Sal of her own mother?
7. Why is Sal disappointed when she finds out that Mr. Birkway is Margaret's twin brother?
8. Why do you think Gram is so emotional about seeing Old Faithful?
9. How does Mr. Birkway attempt to hide the identity of the journal's owners, and why does this fail?
10. What does Sal realize when Phoebe shows her things that remind Phoebe of her mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the settings in which the novel primarily takes place. How do each of these settings affect the story?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Mrs. Winterbottom give up her son? In what ways has that experience influenced her behavior as a wife and mother?
Essay Topic 3
How and why is foreshadowing used in Walk Two Moons? Give examples of foreshadowing from the novel in your essay.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)