|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time that Sal's father went to see Margaret, how long did they talk?
2. What was the name of the dog that Sal had as a child?
3. What does Sal tell Sergeant Bickle is her name?
4. What is engraved on Sugar Hiddle's grave?
5. What does Phoebe call Sergeant Bickle when he does not seem to take her seriously?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ben write in his journal, and why does it upset Sal?
2. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch and why?
3. What does Sal discover on her second visit to the police station?
4. What does Sal realize when Phoebe shows her things that remind Phoebe of her mother?
5. How do you think Sal knows to ask for Ben's mother at the hospital?
6. How have the journal readings affected everyone in English class?
7. Where does Sal tell the sheriff in Longwood that her mother really is? Why?
8. Who does Sal meet at the overlook on the way to Lewiston?
9. Why do you think Gramps watches Gram so closely when they are at Old Faithful?
10. How do each of Mrs. Winterbottom's family members react to the news that Mike Bickle is her son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How and why does the relationship between Sal and Ben evolve throughout the story?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think of Mr. Birkway's teaching style? What is his main goal in teaching? How could he improve?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Sal angry at her mother for leaving? What does being angry accomplish for Sal?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)