|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sal tell Sergeant Bickle she met his son when she calls him?
2. When Mrs. Winterbottom calls to say that she is coming home, how does Phoebe say that she sounded?
3. Sal says that her mother is not gone, but is actually where?
4. How long have Gram and Gramps been married?
5. What gift did Gramps give to Gram the night that she died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Sal knows to ask for Ben's mother at the hospital?
2. What does Sal realize was the reason behind her car trip to Idaho with her grandparents?
3. Where does Sal tell the sheriff in Longwood that her mother really is? Why?
4. What three things did Sal discover she was jealous about?
5. The day after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe, what plan do Sal and Phoebe devise?
6. What did Ben write in his journal, and why does it upset Sal?
7. Why does Ben's mother remind Sal of her own mother?
8. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch and why?
9. What does Mr. Winterbottom say upset him most about his wife's secret? What does this show about their relationship?
10. After Phoebe and Sal discover who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch, why do you think they find courage in spitting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How and why is foreshadowing used in Walk Two Moons? Give examples of foreshadowing from the novel in your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the notes that were left on Phoebe's porch. What does each of them mean, and how does each relate to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the factors that motivated Sal's mother to leave her family. Use specific quotes from the novel.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)