|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Gram from climbing under the rope at Old Faithful?
2. On an impulse, Sal asks the hospital receptionist for whom?
3. Who sits next to Phoebe when Mr. Birkway comes to visit?
4. What does Phoebe call Mrs. Cadaver in her journal?
5. What does the sheriff in Idaho make Sal promise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sal meet at the overlook on the way to Lewiston?
2. How do each of Mrs. Winterbottom's family members react to the news that Mike Bickle is her son?
3. When does Sal know for sure that her mother is not coming back?
4. When Phoebe sees her mother and Mike together, how is Mrs. Winterbottom different?
5. Why is Sal so affected by the thought of Mr. Winterbottom crying?
6. What does Sal realize when Phoebe shows her things that remind Phoebe of her mother?
7. How does Mr. Birkway attempt to hide the identity of the journal's owners, and why does this fail?
8. What did Ben write in his journal, and why does it upset Sal?
9. Why does Sal's view of Mrs. Cadaver change after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe?
10. Why does Ben's mother remind Sal of her own mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think of Mr. Birkway's teaching style? What is his main goal in teaching? How could he improve?
Essay Topic 2
A foil in literature refers to a character that highlights the traits of another character in order to make those traits more prominent. Explain how Phoebe is a foil for Sal.
Essay Topic 3
What do you think is the main message the author is trying to convey in Walk Two Moons. Use many examples from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)