|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When returning from the drug store, Ben comments that Sal does what every time someone touches her?
2. How long before the story begins did Sal and her father move?
3. After they move, what does Sal's father do for a living?
4. What do Phoebe and Sal have for dinner at the Finney's house?
5. What is the name of the boy from the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sal feel when her mother left, and why?
2. On the second day of the weekend sleepover, what does Ben perceive about Phoebe?
3. How does Phoebe act at dinner with the Finneys? Why do you think she acted this way?
4. Why does Sal flinch every time someone touches her?
5. How is Phoebe's journal decorated, and why is this important?
6. How does Sal notices that Phoebe and Prudence have "their own agendas" after their mother burns the brownies?
7. How does Sal try to warn her father about Margaret?
8. How does Sergeant Bickle react to Phoebe's evidence? Why do you think he reacts that way?
9. Why does Sal feel guilty about her mother's miscarriage?
10. How does Phoebe react to the Finney house, and why does she react that way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is symbolism used in Walk Two Moons? Give examples from the story, and explain what each symbolizes.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Mrs. Winterbottom give up her son? In what ways has that experience influenced her behavior as a wife and mother?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Phoebe's mother similar to Sal's mother? In what ways are they different?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)