|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes as they travel through South Dakota towards the Badlands?
2. What does Phoebe lecture the Finneys about?
3. What does Phoebe imagine that Mrs. Cadaver and Mr. Birkway may be doing?
4. How does Phoebe react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
5. What is the maiden name of Sal's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sal realize when she worries about whether her actions could have gotten Gram bitten or made her mother miscarry?
2. Describe the atmosphere in Madison, Wisconsin.
3. How does Sal's father respond to the news that Mrs. Winterbottom has left, and why is this important?
4. What did Ben write in his journal, and why does it upset Sal?
5. Why does Phoebe feel embarrassed when Mr. Birkway comes to her house?
6. How have the journal readings affected everyone in English class?
7. What three things did Sal discover she was jealous about?
8. Why were Grandparents Hiddle arrested, and what does this show about them?
9. The day after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe, what plan do Sal and Phoebe devise?
10. What is the significance of Gram and Gramps' marriage bed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze in detail how Sal and Phoebe both allowed guilt to determine their actions.
Essay Topic 2
What do you think of Mr. Birkway's teaching style? What is his main goal in teaching? How could he improve?
Essay Topic 3
How is symbolism used in Walk Two Moons? Give examples from the story, and explain what each symbolizes.
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)