Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sal unhappy about sightseeing in Madison?
2. Who wrote the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
3. About how old is the young man who rings Phoebe's doorbell?
4. How does Sal react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
5. While Phoebe, Ben, Mary Lou, and Sal were walking home from school, who did they run in to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Phoebe's journal decorated, and why is this important?
2. How does Sal try to warn her father about Margaret?
3. Why does Phoebe feel embarrassed when Mr. Birkway comes to her house?
4. How does Sal's father respond to the news that Mrs. Winterbottom has left, and why is this important?
5. Why is it significant that Ben and Sal draw the same thing in class?
6. Why was the fact that Sugar cut her long hair important?
7. Why does Sal feel guilty about her mother's miscarriage?
8. Why were Grandparents Hiddle arrested, and what does this show about them?
9. How does Megan catch Phoebe in her lie about where her mother is?
10. At the beginning of the story, where is Sal's mother and why?
How does the point of view affect the story? How would the story be different if it was told from another point of view?
Why does Sal want to hate Margaret? Explain how and why her feelings about Margaret change.
How and why is foreshadowing used in Walk Two Moons? Give examples of foreshadowing from the novel in your essay.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)