|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Phoebe, Ben, Mary Lou, and Sal were walking home from school, who did they run in to?
2. Where does Phoebe tell the girls at school her mother went?
3. What happened to Sal three weeks before her baby sibling was due?
4. What is on Sal's desk at school shortly after school begins?
5. In what city were Sal's grandparents arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sal's father allow Sal to go on the car trip with her grandparents?
2. How does Phoebe react to the Finney house, and why does she react that way?
3. Why do you think that the whispers changed again to "rush, hurry, rush"?
4. Why did Sal's mother say that she felt rotten in comparison to Sal's father?
5. Why is it significant that Ben and Sal draw the same thing in class?
6. How is Phoebe's journal decorated, and why is this important?
7. Describe the atmosphere in Madison, Wisconsin.
8. Why does Sal flinch every time someone touches her?
9. Who rings Phoebe's doorbell, and what does he want?
10. How does Sergeant Bickle react to Phoebe's evidence? Why do you think he reacts that way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the settings in which the novel primarily takes place. How do each of these settings affect the story?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think is the main message the author is trying to convey in Walk Two Moons. Use many examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
How and why is foreshadowing used in Walk Two Moons? Give examples of foreshadowing from the novel in your essay.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)