|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of stories did Sal's mother enjoy reading?
2. What is the maiden name of Sal's mother?
3. What changes as they travel through South Dakota towards the Badlands?
4. Where did Sal grow up?
5. What name did Sal suggest for her sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sal react to Margaret when they first meet, and why?
2. What does Sal realize after she says that she wanted to tell Phoebe that Mrs. Winterbottom's leaving was not Phoebe's fault?
3. At the beginning of the story, where is Sal's mother and why?
4. Why were Grandparents Hiddle arrested, and what does this show about them?
5. How does Sal's father respond to the news that Mrs. Winterbottom has left, and why is this important?
6. How does Sal notices that Phoebe and Prudence have "their own agendas" after their mother burns the brownies?
7. How did Sal feel when her mother left, and why?
8. How does Sergeant Bickle react to Phoebe's evidence? Why do you think he reacts that way?
9. Why does the blackberry pie trigger a negative memory for Sal?
10. Why does Sal flinch every time someone touches her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the point of view affect the story? How would the story be different if it was told from another point of view?
Essay Topic 2
A foil in literature refers to a character that highlights the traits of another character in order to make those traits more prominent. Explain how Phoebe is a foil for Sal.
Essay Topic 3
What do you think is the main message the author is trying to convey in Walk Two Moons. Use many examples from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)