|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of their trip do Sal and her grandparents reach Mount Rushmore?
2. What is on Sal's desk at school shortly after school begins?
3. How does Phoebe react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
4. In what event does Mary Lou's family participate at the school sports day?
5. By when does Sal want to get to Lewiston?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the fact that Sugar cut her long hair important?
2. How does Phoebe act at dinner with the Finneys? Why do you think she acted this way?
3. How does Sal notices that Phoebe and Prudence have "their own agendas" after their mother burns the brownies?
4. How does Phoebe react to the Finney house, and why does she react that way?
5. What is the significance of Gram and Gramps' marriage bed?
6. Why does Sal's father allow Sal to go on the car trip with her grandparents?
7. Why does Sal flinch every time someone touches her?
8. How does Sergeant Bickle react to Phoebe's evidence? Why do you think he reacts that way?
9. Why does Phoebe think that Margaret is a murderer?
10. How did Sal feel when her mother left, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze in detail how Sal and Phoebe both allowed guilt to determine their actions.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why you think Native American heritage was so important to Sal and her mother.
Essay Topic 3
How does the story of Pandora relate to Sal and Phoebe? How do they seek and gain hope throughout the story?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)