|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Finney household best described?
2. What is the real age of Phoebe's father?
3. Phoebe demands that her father calls __________.
4. How does Sal react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
5. After they move, what does Sal's father do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of the story, where is Sal's mother and why?
2. Why does Phoebe think that Margaret is a murderer?
3. Why is it significant that Ben and Sal draw the same thing in class?
4. Why did Sal's mother say that she felt rotten in comparison to Sal's father?
5. Why do you think that the whispers changed again to "rush, hurry, rush"?
6. Why does Sal feel guilty about her mother's miscarriage?
7. Who rings Phoebe's doorbell, and what does he want?
8. On the second day of the weekend sleepover, what does Ben perceive about Phoebe?
9. How does Phoebe react to the Finney house, and why does she react that way?
10. Why did both Sal and Phoebe lie about where their mothers were when they first left?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Sal's grandparents on each side of her family: their personalities, relationships, and roles in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why you think Native American heritage was so important to Sal and her mother.
Essay Topic 3
How is symbolism used in Walk Two Moons? Give examples from the story, and explain what each symbolizes.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)