|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the cardigan that Phoebe finds on the chair?
2. After Mrs. Winterbottom left, Sal returned to find her father slumped over what?
3. How would Phoebe's family best be described?
4. What does Phoebe do all weekend at Sal's house?
5. Why were Sal's grandparents stopped by the police while driving?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sal react to Margaret when they first meet, and why?
2. How does Phoebe act at dinner with the Finneys? Why do you think she acted this way?
3. Who rings Phoebe's doorbell, and what does he want?
4. How does Sal try to warn her father about Margaret?
5. Why does Sal's father allow Sal to go on the car trip with her grandparents?
6. Why did Sal's mother say that she felt rotten in comparison to Sal's father?
7. Why do you think that the whispers changed from saying "rush, rush," to "slow down, slow down"?
8. What does Sal realize after she says that she wanted to tell Phoebe that Mrs. Winterbottom's leaving was not Phoebe's fault?
9. Why does Sal flinch every time someone touches her?
10. How does Sergeant Bickle react to Phoebe's evidence? Why do you think he reacts that way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is symbolism used in Walk Two Moons? Give examples from the story, and explain what each symbolizes.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the factors that motivated Sal's mother to leave her family. Use specific quotes from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Sal want to hate Margaret? Explain how and why her feelings about Margaret change.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)