|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sal's mother leave for her when she left?
2. How many brothers does Mary Lou have?
3. What color is the cardigan that Phoebe finds on the chair?
4. How is the Finney household best described?
5. Why does Phoebe refuse her mother's brownie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sal realize after she says that she wanted to tell Phoebe that Mrs. Winterbottom's leaving was not Phoebe's fault?
2. Describe the atmosphere in Madison, Wisconsin.
3. Why does Sal flinch every time someone touches her?
4. How does Sal react to Margaret when they first meet, and why?
5. How does Megan catch Phoebe in her lie about where her mother is?
6. Why did Sal's mother say that she felt rotten in comparison to Sal's father?
7. How does Phoebe react to the Finney house, and why does she react that way?
8. How does Sal try to warn her father about Margaret?
9. What do you think Mrs. Winterbottom means when she asks whether her daughters think she leads a tiny life?
10. Why does Sal's father allow Sal to go on the car trip with her grandparents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the notes that were left on Phoebe's porch. What does each of them mean, and how does each relate to the story?
Essay Topic 2
How and why is foreshadowing used in Walk Two Moons? Give examples of foreshadowing from the novel in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
How and why does the relationship between Sal and Ben evolve throughout the story?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)