|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Christy and Megan call their club?
2. Where does Phoebe tell the girls at school her mother went?
3. What color is the cardigan that Phoebe finds on the chair?
4. How does Sal react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
5. Where did Sal grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of the story, where is Sal's mother and why?
2. Why does Sal's father allow Sal to go on the car trip with her grandparents?
3. Why does Sal flinch every time someone touches her?
4. How is Phoebe's journal decorated, and why is this important?
5. Why were Grandparents Hiddle arrested, and what does this show about them?
6. How did Sal feel when her mother left, and why?
7. Why do you think that the whispers changed from saying "rush, rush," to "slow down, slow down"?
8. Why do you think that the whispers changed again to "rush, hurry, rush"?
9. What does Sal realize after she says that she wanted to tell Phoebe that Mrs. Winterbottom's leaving was not Phoebe's fault?
10. How does Phoebe react to the Finney house, and why does she react that way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the settings in which the novel primarily takes place. How do each of these settings affect the story?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think is the main message the author is trying to convey in Walk Two Moons. Use many examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
How is symbolism used in Walk Two Moons? Give examples from the story, and explain what each symbolizes.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)