|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe lecture the Finneys about?
2. When Phoebe goes downstairs to say goodnight to her father, what does she notice he had been doing?
3. What do Phoebe and Sal have for dinner at the Finney's house?
4. What does Gram threaten to do when Gramps swears too much?
5. Why were Sal's grandparents stopped by the police while driving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Mrs. Winterbottom means when she asks whether her daughters think she leads a tiny life?
2. How does Phoebe react to the Finney house, and why does she react that way?
3. Why does the blackberry pie trigger a negative memory for Sal?
4. How does Sal try to warn her father about Margaret?
5. On the second day of the weekend sleepover, what does Ben perceive about Phoebe?
6. What is the significance of Gram and Gramps' marriage bed?
7. How does Megan catch Phoebe in her lie about where her mother is?
8. Describe the atmosphere in Madison, Wisconsin.
9. What evidence does Phoebe present to Sergeant Bickle as proof that her mother was kidnapped?
10. Why did Sal's mother say that she felt rotten in comparison to Sal's father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the notes that were left on Phoebe's porch. What does each of them mean, and how does each relate to the story?
Essay Topic 2
How is symbolism used in Walk Two Moons? Give examples from the story, and explain what each symbolizes.
Essay Topic 3
How and why is foreshadowing used in Walk Two Moons? Give examples of foreshadowing from the novel in your essay.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)