|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the maiden name of Sal's mother?
2. What does Sergeant Bickle do when Phoebe presents evidence that her mother was kidnapped?
3. How long did Gramps follow Gram before asking her father for permission to marry her?
4. What is Mary Lou's last name?
5. How is Phoebe's journal decorated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch and why?
2. What three things did Sal discover she was jealous about?
3. What does Sal realize was the reason behind her car trip to Idaho with her grandparents?
4. Describe the atmosphere in Madison, Wisconsin.
5. What does Sal realize after she says that she wanted to tell Phoebe that Mrs. Winterbottom's leaving was not Phoebe's fault?
6. Why do you think that Phoebe was so disgusted when she saw her mother with Mike at the university?
7. What do you think Mrs. Winterbottom means when she asks whether her daughters think she leads a tiny life?
8. Why does Sal feel guilty about her mother's miscarriage?
9. How do you think Sal knows to ask for Ben's mother at the hospital?
10. When Phoebe sees her mother and Mike together, how is Mrs. Winterbottom different?
Essay Topic 1
How is symbolism used in Walk Two Moons? Give examples from the story, and explain what each symbolizes.
Essay Topic 2
How does the story of Pandora relate to Sal and Phoebe? How do they seek and gain hope throughout the story?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think is the main message the author is trying to convey in Walk Two Moons. Use many examples from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)