|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of their trip do Sal and her grandparents reach Mount Rushmore?
2. Why is Sal unhappy about sightseeing in Madison?
3. What name did Sal suggest for her sister?
4. In what event does Mary Lou's family participate at the school sports day?
5. How does Mr. Winterbottom look when he is called to the police station to get Phoebe and Sal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the blackberry pie trigger a negative memory for Sal?
2. Describe the atmosphere in Madison, Wisconsin.
3. How does Phoebe react to the Finney house, and why does she react that way?
4. Why is it significant that Ben and Sal draw the same thing in class?
5. How does Sal react to Margaret when they first meet, and why?
6. How does Sergeant Bickle react to Phoebe's evidence? Why do you think he reacts that way?
7. How did Sal feel when her mother left, and why?
8. How does Sal notices that Phoebe and Prudence have "their own agendas" after their mother burns the brownies?
9. How does Phoebe act at dinner with the Finneys? Why do you think she acted this way?
10. Why does Phoebe think that Margaret is a murderer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is symbolism used in Walk Two Moons? Give examples from the story, and explain what each symbolizes.
Essay Topic 2
A foil in literature refers to a character that highlights the traits of another character in order to make those traits more prominent. Explain how Phoebe is a foil for Sal.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the factors that motivated Sal's mother to leave her family. Use specific quotes from the novel.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)