Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When having dinner at Phoebe's, what food reminds Sal of her mother?
2. For whom is the young man on Phoebe's porch looking?
3. What is the name of the boy from the river?
4. What flavor does Sal detect in the kiss of all trees?
5. How does Ben react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does Phoebe present to Sergeant Bickle as proof that her mother was kidnapped?
2. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch and why?
3. Why does the blackberry pie trigger a negative memory for Sal?
4. Why did Sal's mother say that she felt rotten in comparison to Sal's father?
5. When does Sal know for sure that her mother is not coming back?
6. Why was the fact that Sugar cut her long hair important?
7. How did Margaret and Sal's father meet?
8. How does Phoebe act at dinner with the Finneys? Why do you think she acted this way?
9. When Sal asks whether Margaret plans to marry her father, how does Margaret respond?
10. Why does Sal feel guilty about her mother's miscarriage?
In what ways is Phoebe's mother similar to Sal's mother? In what ways are they different?
Why does Sal want to hate Margaret? Explain how and why her feelings about Margaret change.
Describe the settings in which the novel primarily takes place. How do each of these settings affect the story?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)