|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real age of Phoebe's father?
2. Why does Sal's father let her go on the trip with her grandparents?
3. While Phoebe, Ben, Mary Lou, and Sal were walking home from school, who did they run in to?
4. What does Mrs. Winterbottom do after the Phoebe and Sal return home from school?
5. What is hidden under the floorboards of Sal's room along with her mother's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it significant that Ben and Sal draw the same thing in class?
2. Why did both Sal and Phoebe lie about where their mothers were when they first left?
3. Why does Sal feel guilty about her mother's miscarriage?
4. Why does Phoebe think that Margaret is a murderer?
5. Why do you think that the whispers changed from saying "rush, rush," to "slow down, slow down"?
6. At the beginning of the story, where is Sal's mother and why?
7. Who rings Phoebe's doorbell, and what does he want?
8. Why did Sal's mother say that she felt rotten in comparison to Sal's father?
9. How does Sal's father respond to the news that Mrs. Winterbottom has left, and why is this important?
10. How does Sal notices that Phoebe and Prudence have "their own agendas" after their mother burns the brownies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How and why is foreshadowing used in Walk Two Moons? Give examples of foreshadowing from the novel in your essay.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is Phoebe's mother similar to Sal's mother? In what ways are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Sal angry at her mother for leaving? What does being angry accomplish for Sal?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)