|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sal and her grandparents stay on their first night in Idaho?
(a) Coeur d'Alene.
(b) Last Chance.
2. What gift did Gram receive from the egg man?
(c) A love letter.
(d) A necklace.
3. When Mrs. Winterbottom calls to say that she is coming home, she asks her family not to do what?
(a) Clean up the house.
(b) Spend too much money.
(c) Prejudge her.
(d) Worry too much.
4. Where is Sal's mother buried?
(a) Coeur d'Alene.
5. What was the name of the dog that Sal had as a child?
(a) Moody Blue.
(c) Huzza Huzza.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the story, Sal says that she is jealous of how many things?
2. What does Beth Ann say about Mary Lou in her journal?
3. Sal says that her mother is not gone, but is actually where?
4. Where does Sal tell Sergeant Bickle she met his son when she calls him?
5. When does Ben send Sal a valentine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Sal knows to ask for Ben's mother at the hospital?
2. Where does Sal tell the sheriff in Longwood that her mother really is? Why?
3. What do Sal and Phoebe discover when they go the university?
4. How have the journal readings affected everyone in English class?
5. How did Margaret and Sal's father meet?
6. Who does Sal meet at the overlook on the way to Lewiston?
7. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch and why?
8. When Phoebe sees her mother and Mike together, how is Mrs. Winterbottom different?
9. What does Mr. Winterbottom say upset him most about his wife's secret? What does this show about their relationship?
10. Why does Ben's mother remind Sal of her own mother?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)