|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first time that Sal's father went to see Margaret, how long did they talk?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) Six hours.
(d) Two hours.
2. How does Phoebe feel when Mr. Birkway is done talking to her at her house?
3. How does Prudence respond to Mike at first?
(a) She flirts with him.
(b) She yells at him.
(c) She hits him.
(d) She ignores him.
4. Why does Phoebe suddenly back out of finding Mike?
(a) She cannot face him.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) She is too tired.
(d) She thinks he will get angry.
5. Why does the message-leaver say that they left notes for Phoebe?
(a) They thought they would be good surprises.
(b) They wanted them to think there was a mystery to solve.
(c) They wanted to creep Sal and Phoebe out.
(d) They wanted to distract Phoebe from her schoolwork.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sheriff in Idaho make Sal promise?
2. Who do Phoebe and Sal run into when they break into Margaret's house?
3. Where does Sal find Ben and Mrs. Finney?
4. What does Gramps name his new beagle puppy?
5. What does Mr. Birkway do the day after he reads the journals?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sal asks whether Margaret plans to marry her father, how does Margaret respond?
2. How have the journal readings affected everyone in English class?
3. Why does Sal's view of Mrs. Cadaver change after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe?
4. Why is Sal disappointed when she finds out that Mr. Birkway is Margaret's twin brother?
5. How do each of Mrs. Winterbottom's family members react to the news that Mike Bickle is her son?
6. Why does Ben's mother remind Sal of her own mother?
7. How did Margaret and Sal's father meet?
8. How does Mr. Birkway attempt to hide the identity of the journal's owners, and why does this fail?
9. When does Sal know for sure that her mother is not coming back?
10. What do Sal and Phoebe discover when they go the university?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)