|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch?
(b) Mrs. Partridge.
(c) Mrs. Winterbottom.
2. When Mrs. Winterbottom first introduces Mike, how does Mr. Winterbottom look?
3. How long was Mrs. Cadaver trapped in the bus?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Nine hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) One day.
4. How does Mary Lou's journal offend Beth Ann?
(a) She says that Beth Ann is boring.
(b) She says that Ben Ann is not funny.
(c) She says that Beth Ann is weird.
(d) She says that Beth Ann steals things.
5. What does Ben give Sal as a gift in Chapter 40?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A notebook.
(d) A chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Phoebe feel when Mr. Birkway is done talking to her at her house?
2. To what appliance does Sal compare Old Faithful?
3. How many numbers do Sal and Phoebe have to try before they call Sergeant Bickle's house?
4. On an impulse, Sal asks the hospital receptionist for whom?
5. What does Mr. Birkway do the day after he reads the journals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sal so affected by the thought of Mr. Winterbottom crying?
2. What does Sal realize was the reason behind her car trip to Idaho with her grandparents?
3. What did Ben write in his journal, and why does it upset Sal?
4. Why does Phoebe feel embarrassed when Mr. Birkway comes to her house?
5. Why do you think Gramps watches Gram so closely when they are at Old Faithful?
6. How do you think Sal knows to ask for Ben's mother at the hospital?
7. After Phoebe and Sal discover who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch, why do you think they find courage in spitting?
8. Why is Sal disappointed when she finds out that Mr. Birkway is Margaret's twin brother?
9. How did Margaret and Sal's father meet?
10. Why does Ben's mother remind Sal of her own mother?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)