|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides Ben and Phoebe, who does Sal write to?
(a) The boy from the riverbank.
(b) Mrs. Partridge.
(c) Her mother.
2. Sal asks Margaret what her plans are as far as what?
(b) A new house.
(d) Moving in with them.
3. Who came to visit Gramps the day after Gram was buried?
(c) Sal's father.
(d) Mr. Winterbottom.
4. At the end of the story, Sal says that she is jealous of how many things?
5. How long have Gram and Gramps been married?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Twenty-seven years.
(c) Forty-two years.
(d) Fifty-one years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal end up kissing the first time she tries to kiss Ben?
2. What does Phoebe's father do that is unusual the first time he meets Mike?
3. Who stops Gram from climbing under the rope at Old Faithful?
4. Sal thinks that she and her grandparents can get to Idaho on her mother's birthday, if she continuously does what?
5. Who sits next to Phoebe when Mr. Birkway comes to visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch and why?
2. Where does Sal tell the sheriff in Longwood that her mother really is? Why?
3. What does Sal realize was the reason behind her car trip to Idaho with her grandparents?
4. Why do you think Gramps watches Gram so closely when they are at Old Faithful?
5. What does Sal realize when Phoebe shows her things that remind Phoebe of her mother?
6. Why does Sal's view of Mrs. Cadaver change after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe?
7. How does Sal feel whenever she is with Ben and why?
8. How do each of Mrs. Winterbottom's family members react to the news that Mike Bickle is her son?
9. When does Sal know for sure that her mother is not coming back?
10. What did Ben write in his journal, and why does it upset Sal?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)