|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The truck driver that Sal meets has driven from what town?
(a) Coeur d'Alene.
(d) Three Creek.
2. What did Gramps do when he found Gram's gift from the egg man?
(a) He told Gram to leave.
(b) He nearly killed the egg man.
(c) He threatened to beat up the egg man.
(d) He told the egg man to leave Gram alone.
3. What gift did Gramps give to Gram the night that she died?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A ring.
4. Why does the message-leaver say that they left notes for Phoebe?
(a) They thought they would be good surprises.
(b) They wanted to distract Phoebe from her schoolwork.
(c) They wanted them to think there was a mystery to solve.
(d) They wanted to creep Sal and Phoebe out.
5. What embarrassing thing does Mr. Birkway reveal in Sal's journal?
(a) Sal likes Ben.
(b) Sal cries every night.
(c) Sal cannot read very well.
(d) Sal kisses trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the sheriff in Idaho puts Sal in his car, where does she think they are going?
2. Where does Sal tell Sergeant Bickle she met his son when she calls him?
3. Where is Sal's mother buried?
4. What does Sal tell Sergeant Bickle is her name?
5. When Sal tries to explain Mrs. Winterbottom's disappearance reasonably, how does Phoebe respond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sal and Phoebe discover when they go the university?
2. The day after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe, what plan do Sal and Phoebe devise?
3. What did Ben write in his journal, and why does it upset Sal?
4. How have the journal readings affected everyone in English class?
5. Why does Ben's mother remind Sal of her own mother?
6. Why do you think that Phoebe was so disgusted when she saw her mother with Mike at the university?
7. How do each of Mrs. Winterbottom's family members react to the news that Mike Bickle is her son?
8. Why is Sal disappointed when she finds out that Mr. Birkway is Margaret's twin brother?
9. What does Sal realize when she worries about whether her actions could have gotten Gram bitten or made her mother miscarry?
10. Where does Sal tell the sheriff in Longwood that her mother really is? Why?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)