|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Winterbottom finally reveals that Mike is whom?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her cousin.
2. Why Mr. Birkway come to Phoebe's house?
(a) To see Mr. Winterbottom.
(b) To apologize to her.
(c) To compliment Phoebe's writing skills.
(d) To comment on Phoebe's grades.
3. Besides Ben and Phoebe, who does Sal write to?
(a) Mrs. Partridge.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The boy from the riverbank.
4. When Sal and her grandparents arrive at Old Faithful, how long does it take the geyser to erupt?
(a) Two minutes.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) One hour.
5. Sal asks Margaret what her plans are as far as what?
(a) Moving in with them.
(b) A new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Phoebe and Sal talk to the man at the desk at the university, what does he tell them?
2. What does Gram say that Old Faithful looks like?
3. How long does it take Sal to drive to Lewiston?
4. What does Sergeant Bickle tell Sal about Mike?
5. How do Sal and Phoebe get to the university?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do each of Mrs. Winterbottom's family members react to the news that Mike Bickle is her son?
2. How does Sal feel whenever she is with Ben and why?
3. What do Sal and Phoebe discover when they go the university?
4. How have the journal readings affected everyone in English class?
5. How did Margaret and Sal's father meet?
6. What did Ben write in his journal, and why does it upset Sal?
7. The day after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe, what plan do Sal and Phoebe devise?
8. What does Mr. Winterbottom say upset him most about his wife's secret? What does this show about their relationship?
9. Why do you think Gram is so emotional about seeing Old Faithful?
10. Why does Ben's mother remind Sal of her own mother?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)