|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sal says that her mother is not gone, but is actually where?
(a) In her heart.
(b) In the air.
(c) In the trees.
(d) Beside her.
2. What does Sal keep under her floorboards at the end of the story?
(a) A stone.
(b) A letter.
3. Where does Sal find Ben and Mrs. Finney?
(a) The backyard.
(b) The cafeteria.
(c) The waiting room.
(d) The lobby.
4. When Sal tries to explain Mrs. Winterbottom's disappearance reasonably, how does Phoebe respond?
(a) She refuses to listen.
(b) She yells at Sal.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She punches Sal.
5. How does Sal say that Gram looks on the way through Idaho?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sal's mother buried?
2. On an impulse, Sal asks the hospital receptionist for whom?
3. What is different about how Mrs. Winterbottom looks when Phoebe sees her at the university?
4. The first time that Sal's father went to see Margaret, how long did they talk?
5. How does Prudence respond to Mike at first?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sal and Phoebe discover when they go the university?
2. What does Sal discover on her second visit to the police station?
3. Why is Sal so affected by the thought of Mr. Winterbottom crying?
4. Why is Sal disappointed when she finds out that Mr. Birkway is Margaret's twin brother?
5. Why do you think Gram is so emotional about seeing Old Faithful?
6. Why does Phoebe feel embarrassed when Mr. Birkway comes to her house?
7. How do each of Mrs. Winterbottom's family members react to the news that Mike Bickle is her son?
8. What does Sal realize when she worries about whether her actions could have gotten Gram bitten or made her mother miscarry?
9. When Phoebe sees her mother and Mike together, how is Mrs. Winterbottom different?
10. Why does Ben's mother remind Sal of her own mother?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)