|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Winterbottom finally reveals that Mike is whom?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her son.
2. Why did Sal's dog push her puppies away?
(a) They bit her.
(b) She did not like them.
(c) She was weaning them.
(d) She was dying.
3. How long was Mrs. Cadaver trapped in the bus?
(a) One day.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Nine hours.
4. Why does Christy's journal offend Mary Lou?
(a) She says that Mary Lou is arrogant.
(b) She says that Mary Lou does not go to church.
(c) She says Mary Lou is stupid.
(d) She said Mary Lou took the Lord's name in vain.
5. When Phoebe and Sal talk to the man at the desk at the university, what does he tell them?
(a) Where Mike studies.
(b) Where Mike shops.
(c) Where Mike hangs out.
(d) Where Mike's room is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sal says that her mother is not gone, but is actually where?
2. When Sal is at the lookout, where is the bus?
3. How many numbers do Sal and Phoebe have to try before they call Sergeant Bickle's house?
4. Who sits next to Phoebe when Mr. Birkway comes to visit?
5. How many people survived the bus crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ben's mother remind Sal of her own mother?
2. Why does Phoebe feel embarrassed when Mr. Birkway comes to her house?
3. How do each of Mrs. Winterbottom's family members react to the news that Mike Bickle is her son?
4. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch and why?
5. The day after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe, what plan do Sal and Phoebe devise?
6. Why do you think that Phoebe was so disgusted when she saw her mother with Mike at the university?
7. Why is Sal so affected by the thought of Mr. Winterbottom crying?
8. Why is Sal disappointed when she finds out that Mr. Birkway is Margaret's twin brother?
9. What does Sal discover on her second visit to the police station?
10. What did Ben write in his journal, and why does it upset Sal?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)