|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch?
(b) Mrs. Partridge.
(c) Mrs. Winterbottom.
2. Where is the university located?
(c) Chanting Falls.
3. How does Phoebe feel when Mr. Birkway is done talking to her at her house?
4. What do Mr. Winterbottom and Prudence spend the night doing before Mrs. Winterbottom comes home?
(a) Watching TV.
(b) Looking at pictures.
5. What does Gram say that Old Faithful looks like?
(a) An oil gush.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A canon.
Short Answer Questions
1. The truck driver that Sal meets has driven from what town?
2. How do Sal and Phoebe get to the university?
3. What is draped on Margaret's sofa?
4. What does Ben give Sal as a gift in Chapter 40?
5. How does Sal find out that Mike is Sergeant Bickle's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Phoebe sees her mother and Mike together, how is Mrs. Winterbottom different?
2. Where does Sal tell the sheriff in Longwood that her mother really is? Why?
3. Why is Sal disappointed when she finds out that Mr. Birkway is Margaret's twin brother?
4. What does Sal realize when she worries about whether her actions could have gotten Gram bitten or made her mother miscarry?
5. What does Sal realize when Phoebe shows her things that remind Phoebe of her mother?
6. How do you think Sal knows to ask for Ben's mother at the hospital?
7. Why does Ben's mother remind Sal of her own mother?
8. How does Sal feel whenever she is with Ben and why?
9. Why do you think Gramps watches Gram so closely when they are at Old Faithful?
10. What does Mr. Winterbottom say upset him most about his wife's secret? What does this show about their relationship?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)