|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Winterbottom finally reveals that Mike is whom?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her cousin.
2. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch?
(b) Mrs. Winterbottom.
(c) Mrs. Partridge.
3. Why does Phoebe suddenly back out of finding Mike?
(a) She is too tired.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) She cannot face him.
(d) She thinks he will get angry.
4. When Sal and her grandparents arrive at Old Faithful, how long does it take the geyser to erupt?
(a) Two minutes.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
5. When the sheriff in Idaho puts Sal in his car, where does she think they are going?
(b) To her grandparents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why Mr. Birkway come to Phoebe's house?
2. What art does Margaret have on her walls?
3. How many people survived the bus crash?
4. What does Sal see that makes her realize that she missed the bus stop?
5. What was the name of the dog that Sal had as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ben write in his journal, and why does it upset Sal?
2. When does Sal know for sure that her mother is not coming back?
3. Why do you think that Phoebe was so disgusted when she saw her mother with Mike at the university?
4. What does Sal discover on her second visit to the police station?
5. What three things did Sal discover she was jealous about?
6. What does Mr. Winterbottom say upset him most about his wife's secret? What does this show about their relationship?
7. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch and why?
8. How do each of Mrs. Winterbottom's family members react to the news that Mike Bickle is her son?
9. When Sal asks whether Margaret plans to marry her father, how does Margaret respond?
10. How have the journal readings affected everyone in English class?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)