|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Sal and Ben at the hospital?
(a) They have an argument.
(b) They run into someone from school.
(c) The eat lunch.
(d) They kiss.
2. Who does Phoebe see Mike kissing at the university?
(a) Mrs. Winterbottom.
(c) Mrs. Partridge.
3. How does Phoebe feel when Mr. Birkway is done talking to her at her house?
4. What does Sal tell Sergeant Bickle is her name?
5. Mrs. Winterbottom finally reveals that Mike is whom?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does what happens between Sal and Ben make Sal feel?
2. What did Sal hope would happen in Lewiston?
3. When Sal tries to explain Mrs. Winterbottom's disappearance reasonably, how does Phoebe respond?
4. Sal asks Margaret what her plans are as far as what?
5. How many numbers do Sal and Phoebe have to try before they call Sergeant Bickle's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Margaret and Sal's father meet?
2. Why is Sal disappointed when she finds out that Mr. Birkway is Margaret's twin brother?
3. Why do you think Gram is so emotional about seeing Old Faithful?
4. What three things did Sal discover she was jealous about?
5. Why do you think that Phoebe was so disgusted when she saw her mother with Mike at the university?
6. What does Sal realize was the reason behind her car trip to Idaho with her grandparents?
7. When Sal asks whether Margaret plans to marry her father, how does Margaret respond?
8. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch and why?
9. Why does Phoebe feel embarrassed when Mr. Birkway comes to her house?
10. What does Sal realize when Phoebe shows her things that remind Phoebe of her mother?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)