|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sal say that Gram looks on the way through Idaho?
2. What art does Margaret have on her walls?
(a) Drawings of wild animals.
(b) Sketches of trees and flowers.
(c) Abstract paintings.
(d) Watercolor landscapes.
3. Where is Sal's mother buried?
(b) Coeur d'Alene.
4. Sal thinks that she and her grandparents can get to Idaho on her mother's birthday, if she continuously does what?
(c) Ignores her grandparents.
(d) Asks where they are.
5. Where does Sal tell Sergeant Bickle she met his son when she calls him?
(a) The library.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) In class.
(d) On the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sal find Ben and Mrs. Finney?
2. What did Sal hope would happen in Lewiston?
3. What happens between Sal and Ben at the hospital?
4. What does Phoebe call Sergeant Bickle when he does not seem to take her seriously?
5. The truck driver that Sal meets has driven from what town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch and why?
2. Why does Sal's view of Mrs. Cadaver change after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe?
3. Why do you think Gramps watches Gram so closely when they are at Old Faithful?
4. Why is Sal disappointed when she finds out that Mr. Birkway is Margaret's twin brother?
5. When Phoebe sees her mother and Mike together, how is Mrs. Winterbottom different?
6. What does Sal discover on her second visit to the police station?
7. Why do you think Gram is so emotional about seeing Old Faithful?
8. When Sal asks whether Margaret plans to marry her father, how does Margaret respond?
9. After Phoebe and Sal discover who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch, why do you think they find courage in spitting?
10. What does Sal realize when she worries about whether her actions could have gotten Gram bitten or made her mother miscarry?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)