|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sal feel queasy when she and her grandparents drive through Montana?
(a) She is nervous.
(b) There is someone following them.
(c) The roads are curvy.
(d) She ate some bad food.
2. Why does Christy's journal offend Mary Lou?
(a) She says that Mary Lou does not go to church.
(b) She said Mary Lou took the Lord's name in vain.
(c) She says that Mary Lou is arrogant.
(d) She says Mary Lou is stupid.
3. The first time that Sal's father went to see Margaret, how long did they talk?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Six hours.
4. What does Sergeant Bickle tell Sal about Mike?
(a) He tells her that Mike does not like her.
(b) He tells her that Mike lives somewhere else now.
(c) He tells her that Mike lives at home.
(d) He tells her Mike's address.
5. How long does it take Sal to drive to Lewiston?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Five hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prudence respond to Mike at first?
2. Why does Phoebe suddenly back out of finding Mike?
3. When the sheriff in Idaho puts Sal in his car, where does she think they are going?
4. When Sal is at the lookout, where is the bus?
5. What did Gramps do when he found Gram's gift from the egg man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ben's mother remind Sal of her own mother?
2. How did Margaret and Sal's father meet?
3. Where does Sal tell the sheriff in Longwood that her mother really is? Why?
4. What do Sal and Phoebe discover when they go the university?
5. What does Sal realize when Phoebe shows her things that remind Phoebe of her mother?
6. After Phoebe and Sal discover who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch, why do you think they find courage in spitting?
7. How does Mr. Birkway attempt to hide the identity of the journal's owners, and why does this fail?
8. What does Mr. Winterbottom say upset him most about his wife's secret? What does this show about their relationship?
9. What does Sal realize when she worries about whether her actions could have gotten Gram bitten or made her mother miscarry?
10. Why does Sal's view of Mrs. Cadaver change after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)