|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is engraved on Sugar Hiddle's grave?
(a) A maple tree.
(b) A tulip.
(c) A blackberry.
(d) A chicken.
2. To what appliance does Sal compare Old Faithful?
(a) A radiator.
(b) A pump.
(c) A shower.
(d) A hose.
3. The first time that Sal's father went to see Margaret, how long did they talk?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) One hour.
4. What gift did Gramps give to Gram the night that she died?
(a) A ring.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A love letter.
(d) A kiss.
5. When does Ben send Sal a valentine?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the sheriff in Idaho puts Sal in his car, where does she think they are going?
2. Sal says that her mother is not gone, but is actually where?
3. What does Phoebe call Mrs. Cadaver in her journal?
4. When Sal is at the lookout, where is the bus?
5. How did Mr. Cadaver die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Birkway attempt to hide the identity of the journal's owners, and why does this fail?
2. Why is Sal disappointed when she finds out that Mr. Birkway is Margaret's twin brother?
3. Why do you think Gram is so emotional about seeing Old Faithful?
4. How does Sal feel whenever she is with Ben and why?
5. Where does Sal tell the sheriff in Longwood that her mother really is? Why?
6. When does Sal know for sure that her mother is not coming back?
7. What three things did Sal discover she was jealous about?
8. Why does Phoebe feel embarrassed when Mr. Birkway comes to her house?
9. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch and why?
10. Why does Ben's mother remind Sal of her own mother?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)