|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Sal to drive to Lewiston?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Five hours.
2. When Sal tries to explain Mrs. Winterbottom's disappearance reasonably, how does Phoebe respond?
(a) She yells at Sal.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She punches Sal.
(d) She refuses to listen.
3. How does Sal find out that Mike is Sergeant Bickle's son?
(a) A note on Phoebe's porch said so.
(b) Sergeant Bickle tells her.
(c) She sees a picture of them together.
(d) She finds Mike's birth certificate.
4. What is draped on Margaret's sofa?
(a) A homemade afghan.
(c) A bearskin.
(d) A quilt.
5. Why does Phoebe suddenly back out of finding Mike?
(a) She thinks he will get angry.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) She cannot face him.
(d) She is too tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book do Sal and Phoebe see someone reading at Margaret's house?
2. What did Sal hope would happen in Lewiston?
3. What does Sal see that makes her realize that she missed the bus stop?
4. Who sits next to Phoebe when Mr. Birkway comes to visit?
5. Why did Sal's dog push her puppies away?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)