|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Phoebe feel when Mr. Birkway is done talking to her at her house?
2. Who came to visit Gramps the day after Gram was buried?
(a) Sal's father.
(d) Mr. Winterbottom.
3. When Sal tries to explain Mrs. Winterbottom's disappearance reasonably, how does Phoebe respond?
(a) She punches Sal.
(b) She refuses to listen.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She yells at Sal.
4. What does Phoebe call Sergeant Bickle when he does not seem to take her seriously?
5. When Sal lies awake the whole night, who is she thinking about?
(a) Mr. Winterbottom.
(b) Her father.
(c) Mrs. Cadaver.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe's father do that is unusual the first time he meets Mike?
2. What does Phoebe call Mrs. Cadaver in her journal?
3. When Mrs. Winterbottom calls to say that she is coming home, she asks her family not to do what?
4. Where in the university do Sal and Phoebe try to find Mike?
5. When does Ben send Sal a valentine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three things did Sal discover she was jealous about?
2. How have the journal readings affected everyone in English class?
3. Why is Sal disappointed when she finds out that Mr. Birkway is Margaret's twin brother?
4. The day after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe, what plan do Sal and Phoebe devise?
5. Why does Ben's mother remind Sal of her own mother?
6. What does Sal realize when Phoebe shows her things that remind Phoebe of her mother?
7. What does Sal realize when she worries about whether her actions could have gotten Gram bitten or made her mother miscarry?
8. Who does Sal meet at the overlook on the way to Lewiston?
9. What does Sal discover on her second visit to the police station?
10. Why is Sal so affected by the thought of Mr. Winterbottom crying?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)