|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mr. Cadaver die?
(a) He died in his sleep.
(b) He drowned.
(c) He was hit by a drunk driver.
(d) He was murdered.
2. What gift did Gram receive from the egg man?
(b) A love letter.
(c) A necklace.
3. What art does Margaret have on her walls?
(a) Drawings of wild animals.
(b) Abstract paintings.
(c) Sketches of trees and flowers.
(d) Watercolor landscapes.
4. Where is the university located?
(a) Chanting Falls.
5. What does Sergeant Bickle tell Sal about Mike?
(a) He tells her that Mike lives somewhere else now.
(b) He tells her Mike's address.
(c) He tells her that Mike lives at home.
(d) He tells her that Mike does not like her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Winterbottom calls to say that she is coming home, how does Phoebe say that she sounded?
2. The first time that Sal's father went to see Margaret, how long did they talk?
3. How does what happens between Sal and Ben make Sal feel?
4. Sal asks Margaret what her plans are as far as what?
5. What does Mr. Birkway do the day after he reads the journals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ben's mother remind Sal of her own mother?
2. The day after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe, what plan do Sal and Phoebe devise?
3. What does Sal realize when Phoebe shows her things that remind Phoebe of her mother?
4. Why is Sal so affected by the thought of Mr. Winterbottom crying?
5. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch and why?
6. How does Sal feel whenever she is with Ben and why?
7. How do you think Sal knows to ask for Ben's mother at the hospital?
8. After Phoebe and Sal discover who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch, why do you think they find courage in spitting?
9. Why does Sal's view of Mrs. Cadaver change after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe?
10. What do Sal and Phoebe discover when they go the university?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)