|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Winterbottom do in the middle of her conversation with Mike that disgusts Phoebe?
(b) Coughs loudly.
2. Why did Sal's dog push her puppies away?
(a) They bit her.
(b) She was dying.
(c) She was weaning them.
(d) She did not like them.
3. What does the sheriff in Idaho make Sal promise?
(a) She will ask her grandparents next time.
(b) To never come back.
(c) She won't drive ever again.
(d) She won't drive until she's sixteen.
4. Who came to visit Gramps the day after Gram was buried?
(a) Sal's father.
(b) Mr. Winterbottom.
5. How does Sal say that Gram looks on the way through Idaho?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift did Gram receive from the egg man?
2. How does Sal find out that Mike is Sergeant Bickle's son?
3. When Sal is at the lookout, where is the bus?
4. How did Mr. Cadaver die?
5. When Mrs. Winterbottom first introduces Mike, how does Mr. Winterbottom look?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three things did Sal discover she was jealous about?
2. Why does Sal's view of Mrs. Cadaver change after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe?
3. What does Sal realize when she worries about whether her actions could have gotten Gram bitten or made her mother miscarry?
4. What does Sal discover on her second visit to the police station?
5. Why does Phoebe feel embarrassed when Mr. Birkway comes to her house?
6. After Phoebe and Sal discover who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch, why do you think they find courage in spitting?
7. What does Mr. Winterbottom say upset him most about his wife's secret? What does this show about their relationship?
8. What do Sal and Phoebe discover when they go the university?
9. The day after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe, what plan do Sal and Phoebe devise?
10. Why do you think Gramps watches Gram so closely when they are at Old Faithful?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)