|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Phoebe and Sal talk to the man at the desk at the university, what does he tell them?
(a) Where Mike's room is.
(b) Where Mike shops.
(c) Where Mike hangs out.
(d) Where Mike studies.
2. What does Phoebe call Sergeant Bickle when he does not seem to take her seriously?
3. How does Sal find out that Mike is Sergeant Bickle's son?
(a) Sergeant Bickle tells her.
(b) She sees a picture of them together.
(c) A note on Phoebe's porch said so.
(d) She finds Mike's birth certificate.
4. Where in the university do Sal and Phoebe try to find Mike?
(a) The dorm.
(b) The library.
(c) A classroom.
(d) The cafeteria.
5. What does Sergeant Bickle tell Sal about Mike?
(a) He tells her that Mike lives somewhere else now.
(b) He tells her Mike's address.
(c) He tells her that Mike does not like her.
(d) He tells her that Mike lives at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Gramps worried as they drive into Idaho?
2. When Mrs. Winterbottom calls to say that she is coming home, she asks her family not to do what?
3. What does the sheriff do when he sees Sal at the lookout?
4. How do Sal and Phoebe get to the university?
5. How did Mr. Cadaver die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three things did Sal discover she was jealous about?
2. How have the journal readings affected everyone in English class?
3. How does Mr. Birkway attempt to hide the identity of the journal's owners, and why does this fail?
4. Why do you think that Phoebe was so disgusted when she saw her mother with Mike at the university?
5. Why do you think Gramps watches Gram so closely when they are at Old Faithful?
6. What does Sal realize was the reason behind her car trip to Idaho with her grandparents?
7. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch and why?
8. What does Sal discover on her second visit to the police station?
9. What do Sal and Phoebe discover when they go the university?
10. When Phoebe sees her mother and Mike together, how is Mrs. Winterbottom different?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)