|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about how Mrs. Winterbottom looks when Phoebe sees her at the university?
(a) Her hair is longer.
(b) She is wearing a lot of jewelry.
(c) Her hair is shorter.
(d) She has a tan.
2. Where does Sal find Ben and Mrs. Finney?
(a) The cafeteria.
(b) The backyard.
(c) The lobby.
(d) The waiting room.
3. What does Phoebe call Mrs. Cadaver in her journal?
(a) Mrs. Corpse.
(b) Mrs. Autopsy.
(c) Mrs. Grave.
(d) Mrs. Death.
4. When does Ben send Sal a valentine?
5. What does Sal tell Sergeant Bickle is her name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sal asks Margaret what her plans are as far as what?
2. How long does it take Sal to drive to Lewiston?
3. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch?
4. How do Sal and Phoebe get to the university?
5. What did Sal hope would happen in Lewiston?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sal realize when Phoebe shows her things that remind Phoebe of her mother?
2. What three things did Sal discover she was jealous about?
3. What did Ben write in his journal, and why does it upset Sal?
4. Why does Sal's view of Mrs. Cadaver change after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe?
5. Why does Phoebe feel embarrassed when Mr. Birkway comes to her house?
6. What do Sal and Phoebe discover when they go the university?
7. After Phoebe and Sal discover who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch, why do you think they find courage in spitting?
8. How does Sal feel whenever she is with Ben and why?
9. Where does Sal tell the sheriff in Longwood that her mother really is? Why?
10. The day after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe, what plan do Sal and Phoebe devise?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)