|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christy's journal offend Mary Lou?
(a) She says that Mary Lou is arrogant.
(b) She says Mary Lou is stupid.
(c) She says that Mary Lou does not go to church.
(d) She said Mary Lou took the Lord's name in vain.
2. Why does Alex feel betrayed by what Mary Lou wrote in her journal?
(a) She said he was too short.
(b) She said he was a bad kisser.
(c) She said he was arrogant.
(d) She said he was ugly.
3. Where do Sal and her grandparents stay on their first night in Idaho?
(a) Coeur d'Alene.
(d) Last Chance.
4. When Mrs. Winterbottom calls to say that she is coming home, she asks her family not to do what?
(a) Worry too much.
(b) Spend too much money.
(c) Clean up the house.
(d) Prejudge her.
5. What does Gram say that Old Faithful looks like?
(a) A canon.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) An oil gush.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phoebe suddenly back out of finding Mike?
2. What book do Sal and Phoebe see someone reading at Margaret's house?
3. What embarrassing thing does Mr. Birkway reveal in Sal's journal?
4. What is different about how Mrs. Winterbottom looks when Phoebe sees her at the university?
5. When Sal tries to explain Mrs. Winterbottom's disappearance reasonably, how does Phoebe respond?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Margaret and Sal's father meet?
2. How do you think Sal knows to ask for Ben's mother at the hospital?
3. What does Sal discover on her second visit to the police station?
4. How does Mr. Birkway attempt to hide the identity of the journal's owners, and why does this fail?
5. Why do you think that Phoebe was so disgusted when she saw her mother with Mike at the university?
6. Why do you think Gramps watches Gram so closely when they are at Old Faithful?
7. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch and why?
8. What does Mr. Winterbottom say upset him most about his wife's secret? What does this show about their relationship?
9. Why does Sal's view of Mrs. Cadaver change after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe?
10. After Phoebe and Sal discover who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch, why do you think they find courage in spitting?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)