|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Cadaver's brother?
(a) Mr. Winterbottom.
(c) Mr. Birkway.
(d) Sergeant Bickle.
2. The first time that Sal's father went to see Margaret, how long did they talk?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) One hour.
3. What did Gramps do when he found Gram's gift from the egg man?
(a) He told Gram to leave.
(b) He nearly killed the egg man.
(c) He threatened to beat up the egg man.
(d) He told the egg man to leave Gram alone.
4. What does Beth Ann say about Mary Lou in her journal?
(a) Mary Lou is stupid.
(b) Mary Lou is smelly.
(c) Mary Lou is boring.
(d) Mary Lou is poor.
5. When Sal and her grandparents arrive at Old Faithful, how long does it take the geyser to erupt?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Thirty minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to visit Gramps the day after Gram was buried?
2. When Sal is at the lookout, where is the bus?
3. What does Sergeant Bickle tell Sal about Mike?
4. How does Phoebe feel when Mr. Birkway is done talking to her at her house?
5. How long was Mrs. Cadaver trapped in the bus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sal realize was the reason behind her car trip to Idaho with her grandparents?
2. How do each of Mrs. Winterbottom's family members react to the news that Mike Bickle is her son?
3. What did Ben write in his journal, and why does it upset Sal?
4. What three things did Sal discover she was jealous about?
5. How does Mr. Birkway attempt to hide the identity of the journal's owners, and why does this fail?
6. When does Sal know for sure that her mother is not coming back?
7. When Sal asks whether Margaret plans to marry her father, how does Margaret respond?
8. How do you think Sal knows to ask for Ben's mother at the hospital?
9. Why do you think Gramps watches Gram so closely when they are at Old Faithful?
10. Why do you think Gram is so emotional about seeing Old Faithful?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)