|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By when does Sal want to get to Lewiston?
(a) Her grandmother's birthday.
(b) Her mother's birthday.
2. When returning from the drug store, Ben comments that Sal does what every time someone touches her?
(a) Runs away.
3. How would Phoebe's family best be described?
4. What object do the girls see Ben lift from the sidewalk?
(a) A machete.
(b) An ax.
(c) A bat.
(d) A stick.
5. To what town do they detour just before reaching the South Dakota border?
(a) St. Paul.
(c) Sioux Falls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary Lou's last name?
2. To what state are Sal and her grandparents traveling?
3. About how old is the young man who rings Phoebe's doorbell?
4. What name did Sal suggest for her sister?
5. What do Christy and Megan call their club?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sal try to warn her father about Margaret?
2. What is the significance of Gram and Gramps' marriage bed?
3. Why does Sal's father allow Sal to go on the car trip with her grandparents?
4. Who rings Phoebe's doorbell, and what does he want?
5. How does Phoebe act at dinner with the Finneys? Why do you think she acted this way?
6. Why does Sal flinch every time someone touches her?
7. At the beginning of the story, where is Sal's mother and why?
8. How does Sergeant Bickle react to Phoebe's evidence? Why do you think he reacts that way?
9. How does Phoebe react to the Finney house, and why does she react that way?
10. Why do you think that the whispers changed again to "rush, hurry, rush"?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)