|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day her mother made brownies, where was Prudence prior to returning home?
(a) Cheerleading tryouts.
(b) The movies.
(c) A date.
(d) The library.
2. What is the name of the boy from the river?
(a) Tom Fleece.
(b) Tim Fleet.
(c) Alex Cheevey.
(d) Tom Fleet.
3. When Phoebe goes downstairs to say goodnight to her father, what does she notice he had been doing?
(b) Writing a letter.
(c) Playing cards.
4. In what event does Mary Lou's family participate at the school sports day?
(a) Egg throw.
(c) Three-legged race.
5. Both Phoebe and Sal rationalized that their mothers wouldn't leave without their favorite what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many brothers does Mary Lou have?
2. What does Gramps offer the boy from the river at the hospital?
3. What flavor does Sal detect in the kiss of all trees?
4. For whom is the young man on Phoebe's porch looking?
5. Why does Phoebe refuse her mother's brownie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sal's father respond to the news that Mrs. Winterbottom has left, and why is this important?
2. What evidence does Phoebe present to Sergeant Bickle as proof that her mother was kidnapped?
3. Why was the fact that Sugar cut her long hair important?
4. Why does Sal's father allow Sal to go on the car trip with her grandparents?
5. What is the significance of Gram and Gramps' marriage bed?
6. Who rings Phoebe's doorbell, and what does he want?
7. Why were Grandparents Hiddle arrested, and what does this show about them?
8. Why does Sal flinch every time someone touches her?
9. How does Phoebe act at dinner with the Finneys? Why do you think she acted this way?
10. Why does Sal feel guilty about her mother's miscarriage?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)