|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sal's father describe Sal?
2. What is on Sal's desk at school shortly after school begins?
(a) A bee.
(b) A spider.
(c) A ribbon.
3. While Phoebe, Ben, Mary Lou, and Sal were walking home from school, who did they run in to?
(a) Mrs. Cadaver.
(b) Sal's father.
(c) Mr. Birkway.
(d) The "lunatic."
4. What do Christy and Megan call their club?
5. What does Sergeant Bickle do when Phoebe presents evidence that her mother was kidnapped?
(a) He twitches the corners of his mouth.
(b) He throws his hands in the air.
(c) He shushes them.
(d) He laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is the young man on Phoebe's porch looking?
2. What object do the girls see Ben lift from the sidewalk?
3. How does Sal feel right after her mother leaves?
4. What type of stories did Sal's mother enjoy reading?
5. How does Ben react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who rings Phoebe's doorbell, and what does he want?
2. How did Sal feel when her mother left, and why?
3. At the beginning of the story, where is Sal's mother and why?
4. Describe the atmosphere in Madison, Wisconsin.
5. Why was the fact that Sugar cut her long hair important?
6. What does Sal realize after she says that she wanted to tell Phoebe that Mrs. Winterbottom's leaving was not Phoebe's fault?
7. How does Sal notices that Phoebe and Prudence have "their own agendas" after their mother burns the brownies?
8. Why does the blackberry pie trigger a negative memory for Sal?
9. Why is it significant that Ben and Sal draw the same thing in class?
10. How does Sal's father respond to the news that Mrs. Winterbottom has left, and why is this important?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)