|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sal feel right after her mother leaves?
2. About how old is the young man who rings Phoebe's doorbell?
3. When Phoebe first meets Sal, what does Phoebe call her?
4. Sal finds Mr. Birkway to be strange and _______.
5. What is Mary Lou's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. The day her mother made brownies, where was Prudence prior to returning home?
2. Phoebe demands that her father calls __________.
3. What changes as they travel through South Dakota towards the Badlands?
4. How long before the story begins did Sal and her father move?
5. How is the Finney household best described?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sergeant Bickle react to Phoebe's evidence? Why do you think he reacts that way?
2. Why does Sal's father allow Sal to go on the car trip with her grandparents?
3. Why were Grandparents Hiddle arrested, and what does this show about them?
4. How does Phoebe act at dinner with the Finneys? Why do you think she acted this way?
5. On the second day of the weekend sleepover, what does Ben perceive about Phoebe?
6. Why is it significant that Ben and Sal draw the same thing in class?
7. Why does Sal flinch every time someone touches her?
8. How does Sal's father respond to the news that Mrs. Winterbottom has left, and why is this important?
9. Why was the fact that Sugar cut her long hair important?
10. How did Sal feel when her mother left, and why?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)