|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Phoebe and Sal have for dinner at the Finney's house?
(b) Tuna noodle casserole.
(c) Fried chicken.
2. About how old is the young man who rings Phoebe's doorbell?
3. How long did Sal's father have his car?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 15 years.
4. How many other sons did Sal's grandparents have?
5. How is the Finney household best described?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what event does Mary Lou's family participate at the school sports day?
2. What is the name of the boy from the river?
3. How does Phoebe react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
4. Where did Sal grow up?
5. What type of tree is the "singing tree"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sal's mother say that she felt rotten in comparison to Sal's father?
2. How is Phoebe's journal decorated, and why is this important?
3. On the second day of the weekend sleepover, what does Ben perceive about Phoebe?
4. What does Sal realize after she says that she wanted to tell Phoebe that Mrs. Winterbottom's leaving was not Phoebe's fault?
5. Why is it significant that Ben and Sal draw the same thing in class?
6. Why does Phoebe think that Margaret is a murderer?
7. How does Megan catch Phoebe in her lie about where her mother is?
8. Why were Grandparents Hiddle arrested, and what does this show about them?
9. What is the significance of Gram and Gramps' marriage bed?
10. How does Sergeant Bickle react to Phoebe's evidence? Why do you think he reacts that way?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)