|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gramps offer the boy from the river at the hospital?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) An invitation to join them.
2. Sal finds Mr. Birkway to be strange and _______.
3. Who teaches Sal how to drive?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
4. What does Sal notice about her father in the garage when she returns home?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He was lazy.
(c) He was crying.
(d) He was laughing.
5. On what day of their trip do Sal and her grandparents reach Mount Rushmore?
(a) The fifth day.
(b) The second day.
(c) The third day.
(d) The sixth day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ben react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
2. How does Mr. Winterbottom look when he is called to the police station to get Phoebe and Sal?
3. How does Sal react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
4. What does Phoebe do all weekend at Sal's house?
5. What's written on the letter that Phoebe's mother Mrs. Winterbottom left for Mr. Winterbottom.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the blackberry pie trigger a negative memory for Sal?
2. Why does Sal feel guilty about her mother's miscarriage?
3. Why was the fact that Sugar cut her long hair important?
4. Why does Sal's father allow Sal to go on the car trip with her grandparents?
5. How does Megan catch Phoebe in her lie about where her mother is?
6. Why is it significant that Ben and Sal draw the same thing in class?
7. How does Sergeant Bickle react to Phoebe's evidence? Why do you think he reacts that way?
8. Why does Phoebe think that Margaret is a murderer?
9. Why does Sal flinch every time someone touches her?
10. How does Phoebe act at dinner with the Finneys? Why do you think she acted this way?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)