|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Sal and her grandparents react to seeing Mount Rushmore?
(a) They are in awe.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are disappointed.
(d) They want to explore the landmark for hours.
2. At what site do Sal and her Gram stop after they leave Madison?
(a) The Wisconsin Dells.
(b) Museum of Woodcarving.
(c) Rhinelander Logging Museum.
(d) House on the Rock.
3. What name did Sal suggest for her sister?
4. Phoebe demands that her father calls __________.
(a) The lunatic.
(b) The police.
(c) The FBI.
(d) Mrs. Cadaver.
5. In what event does Mary Lou's family participate at the school sports day?
(c) Egg throw.
(d) Three-legged race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object do the girls see Ben lift from the sidewalk?
2. When Phoebe goes downstairs to say goodnight to her father, what does she notice he had been doing?
3. When returning from the drug store, Ben comments that Sal does what every time someone touches her?
4. How does Sal's father describe Sal?
5. What is the maiden name of Sal's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the second day of the weekend sleepover, what does Ben perceive about Phoebe?
2. Why were Grandparents Hiddle arrested, and what does this show about them?
3. What does Sal realize after she says that she wanted to tell Phoebe that Mrs. Winterbottom's leaving was not Phoebe's fault?
4. Why does the blackberry pie trigger a negative memory for Sal?
5. Why was the fact that Sugar cut her long hair important?
6. At the beginning of the story, where is Sal's mother and why?
7. How did Sal feel when her mother left, and why?
8. Describe the atmosphere in Madison, Wisconsin.
9. How does Sal notices that Phoebe and Prudence have "their own agendas" after their mother burns the brownies?
10. Who rings Phoebe's doorbell, and what does he want?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)