|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what body of water do Sal and her grandparents stop?
(a) Lake Huron.
(b) The Great Salt Lake.
(c) Lake Erie.
(d) Lake Michigan.
2. When Phoebe is driving Sal crazy, what does Ben think is her main problem?
(a) She's lonely.
(b) She's tired.
(c) She's in denial.
(d) She's too stuck-up.
3. What do Phoebe and Sal have for dinner at the Finney's house?
(b) Tuna noodle casserole.
(d) Fried chicken.
4. When Phoebe first meets Sal, what does Phoebe call her?
5. After they move, what does Sal's father do for a living?
(a) Works as a mechanic.
(b) Sells sewing machines.
(c) Works as a cashier.
(d) Sells farm machinery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What's written on the letter that Phoebe's mother Mrs. Winterbottom left for Mr. Winterbottom.
2. What was drawn inside the shape of the drawing that Sal thought was Phoebe's?
3. What happens to Gram at the Missouri River in South Dakota?
4. What happened to Sal three weeks before her baby sibling was due?
5. How does Ben react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sal feel guilty about her mother's miscarriage?
2. Why did both Sal and Phoebe lie about where their mothers were when they first left?
3. How did Sal feel when her mother left, and why?
4. Why does the blackberry pie trigger a negative memory for Sal?
5. Why does Phoebe think that Margaret is a murderer?
6. What do you think Mrs. Winterbottom means when she asks whether her daughters think she leads a tiny life?
7. How is Phoebe's journal decorated, and why is this important?
8. How does Sergeant Bickle react to Phoebe's evidence? Why do you think he reacts that way?
9. On the second day of the weekend sleepover, what does Ben perceive about Phoebe?
10. How does Sal try to warn her father about Margaret?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)