|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Sal suggest for her sister?
2. On what day of their trip do Sal and her grandparents reach Mount Rushmore?
(a) The second day.
(b) The fifth day.
(c) The sixth day.
(d) The third day.
3. What happens to Gram at the Missouri River in South Dakota?
(a) She's bitten by a water moccasin.
(b) She breaks her leg.
(c) She's bitten by a rattlesnake.
(d) She nearly drowns.
4. At what body of water do Sal and her grandparents stop?
(a) The Great Salt Lake.
(b) Lake Erie.
(c) Lake Michigan.
(d) Lake Huron.
5. At what hotel do Sal and her grandparents stay outside of Chicago?
(a) Sleepy Inn.
(b) Super 8 Motel.
(c) Day's Inn.
(d) Howard Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Both Phoebe and Sal rationalized that their mothers wouldn't leave without their favorite what?
2. To what state are Sal and her grandparents traveling?
3. What does Sal dream about the night they sleep in the water bed?
4. What flower does Sal's father leave at her place at the table?
5. Why were Sal's grandparents stopped by the police while driving?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sal's view of Mrs. Cadaver change after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe?
2. What does Sal realize after she says that she wanted to tell Phoebe that Mrs. Winterbottom's leaving was not Phoebe's fault?
3. How do each of Mrs. Winterbottom's family members react to the news that Mike Bickle is her son?
4. What does Sal realize was the reason behind her car trip to Idaho with her grandparents?
5. How does Sal feel whenever she is with Ben and why?
6. The day after Mr. Birkway visits Phoebe, what plan do Sal and Phoebe devise?
7. What does Mr. Winterbottom say upset him most about his wife's secret? What does this show about their relationship?
8. Why is Sal disappointed when she finds out that Mr. Birkway is Margaret's twin brother?
9. Why does Sal's father allow Sal to go on the car trip with her grandparents?
10. Describe the atmosphere in Madison, Wisconsin.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)