|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was drawn inside the shape of the drawing that Sal thought was Phoebe's?
(a) A star.
(b) A heart.
(c) A triangle.
(d) A teardrop.
2. What does Sergeant Bickle do when Phoebe presents evidence that her mother was kidnapped?
(a) He twitches the corners of his mouth.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He shushes them.
(d) He throws his hands in the air.
3. Both Phoebe and Sal rationalized that their mothers wouldn't leave without their favorite what?
4. According to Ben's report, what was the only thing left in Pandora's box?
5. How long did Gramps follow Gram before asking her father for permission to marry her?
(a) 22 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 22 days.
(d) 2 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Phoebe say her mother went to while in England?
2. What do Phoebe and Sal have for dinner at the Finney's house?
3. How does Ben react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
4. Where does Phoebe tell the girls at school her mother went?
5. Who teaches Sal how to drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sal feel when her mother left, and why?
2. How does Sergeant Bickle react to Phoebe's evidence? Why do you think he reacts that way?
3. How is Phoebe's journal decorated, and why is this important?
4. Why do you think that the whispers changed from saying "rush, rush," to "slow down, slow down"?
5. How does Phoebe act at dinner with the Finneys? Why do you think she acted this way?
6. What is the significance of Gram and Gramps' marriage bed?
7. Describe the atmosphere in Madison, Wisconsin.
8. How does Sal try to warn her father about Margaret?
9. Who rings Phoebe's doorbell, and what does he want?
10. Why does Sal's father allow Sal to go on the car trip with her grandparents?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)