|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Sal three weeks before her baby sibling was due?
(a) She found money in the woods.
(b) She broke her arm.
(c) She lost her mother's locket.
(d) She broke her leg.
2. Where does Phoebe say her mother went to while in England?
(a) Big Ben.
(b) Shakespeare's birthplace.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
3. What type of tree is the "singing tree"?
4. When having dinner at Phoebe's, what food reminds Sal of her mother?
(b) Chocolate cake.
5. What color is the cardigan that Phoebe finds on the chair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Christy and Megan call their club?
2. How does Ben react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
3. What flower does Sal's father leave at her place at the table?
4. What name did Sal suggest for her sister?
5. On Saturday, the girls notice Mrs. Cadaver doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the journal readings affected everyone in English class?
2. Why do you think that the whispers changed again to "rush, hurry, rush"?
3. When Sal asks whether Margaret plans to marry her father, how does Margaret respond?
4. How does Phoebe react to the Finney house, and why does she react that way?
5. What does Sal discover on her second visit to the police station?
6. Why does Sal feel guilty about her mother's miscarriage?
7. At the beginning of the story, where is Sal's mother and why?
8. What does Sal realize after she says that she wanted to tell Phoebe that Mrs. Winterbottom's leaving was not Phoebe's fault?
9. Why does Sal flinch every time someone touches her?
10. When does Sal know for sure that her mother is not coming back?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)