|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When having dinner at Phoebe's, what food reminds Sal of her mother?
(d) Chocolate cake.
2. To what state are Sal and her grandparents traveling?
3. What is Mary Lou's last name?
4. The girls overhear Mrs. Winterbottom ask what question of Prudence?
(a) "Do you think I lead a tiny life?"
(b) "Do you think I look fat in this?"
(c) "Do you think I'm stupid?"
(d) "Do you find me boring?"
5. What is the name of the boy from the river?
(a) Tim Fleet.
(b) Tom Fleet.
(c) Tom Fleece.
(d) Alex Cheevey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sal feel right after her mother leaves?
2. Who wrote the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
3. How old is Sal when the story begins?
4. How do Sal and her grandparents react to seeing Mount Rushmore?
5. What name did Sal suggest for her sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sal's mother say that she felt rotten in comparison to Sal's father?
2. How does Sergeant Bickle react to Phoebe's evidence? Why do you think he reacts that way?
3. How is Phoebe's journal decorated, and why is this important?
4. Why does Sal flinch every time someone touches her?
5. Why do you think that Phoebe was so disgusted when she saw her mother with Mike at the university?
6. How do each of Mrs. Winterbottom's family members react to the news that Mike Bickle is her son?
7. What do Sal and Phoebe discover when they go the university?
8. What does Sal realize was the reason behind her car trip to Idaho with her grandparents?
9. After Phoebe and Sal discover who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch, why do you think they find courage in spitting?
10. How does Phoebe react to the Finney house, and why does she react that way?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)