|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's written on the letter that Phoebe's mother Mrs. Winterbottom left for Mr. Winterbottom.
(a) "I never want to see you again."
(b) "Please pick up some milk."
(c) "I'll call you in a few days."
(d) "I'm leaving you."
2. How long did Gramps follow Gram before asking her father for permission to marry her?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 22 weeks.
(c) 22 days.
(d) 2 days.
3. Where does Phoebe say her mother went to while in England?
(a) Big Ben.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Shakespeare's birthplace.
(d) The Tower of London.
4. In what city were Sal's grandparents arrested?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York City.
5. What do Phoebe and Sal have for dinner at the Finney's house?
(a) Fried chicken.
(b) Tuna noodle casserole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Phoebe tell the girls at school her mother went?
2. What happens to Gram at the Missouri River in South Dakota?
3. What object do the girls see Ben lift from the sidewalk?
4. How does Sal react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
5. What is the name of the boy from the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the second day of the weekend sleepover, what does Ben perceive about Phoebe?
2. Why does Sal flinch every time someone touches her?
3. How does Megan catch Phoebe in her lie about where her mother is?
4. What evidence does Phoebe present to Sergeant Bickle as proof that her mother was kidnapped?
5. Why does Sal's father allow Sal to go on the car trip with her grandparents?
6. How does Sal notices that Phoebe and Prudence have "their own agendas" after their mother burns the brownies?
7. Why were Grandparents Hiddle arrested, and what does this show about them?
8. Why was the fact that Sugar cut her long hair important?
9. Why does Phoebe think that Margaret is a murderer?
10. How does Sergeant Bickle react to Phoebe's evidence? Why do you think he reacts that way?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)