Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sal unhappy about sightseeing in Madison?
(a) She does not like the atmosphere in Madison.
(b) She does not think that her grandparents are taking enough time at each tourist spot.
(c) She thinks they are not traveling fast enough.
(d) She thinks that Madison is boring.
2. Who wrote the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
3. About how old is the young man who rings Phoebe's doorbell?
4. How does Sal react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
(a) She says that the man died naturally.
(b) She says that it is murder.
(c) She say it is terrifying.
(d) She says that it is boring.
5. While Phoebe, Ben, Mary Lou, and Sal were walking home from school, who did they run in to?
(a) Mr. Birkway.
(b) Mrs. Cadaver.
(c) Sal's father.
(d) The "lunatic."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in Lewiston, Idaho, for Sal's mother?
2. Why does Sal's father let her go on the trip with her grandparents?
3. What flower does Sal's father leave at her place at the table?
4. What does Phoebe imagine that Mrs. Cadaver and Mr. Birkway may be doing?
5. What is the name of the boy from the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Phoebe's journal decorated, and why is this important?
2. How does Sal try to warn her father about Margaret?
3. Why does Phoebe feel embarrassed when Mr. Birkway comes to her house?
4. How does Sal's father respond to the news that Mrs. Winterbottom has left, and why is this important?
5. Why is it significant that Ben and Sal draw the same thing in class?
6. Why was the fact that Sugar cut her long hair important?
7. Why does Sal feel guilty about her mother's miscarriage?
8. Why were Grandparents Hiddle arrested, and what does this show about them?
9. How does Megan catch Phoebe in her lie about where her mother is?
10. At the beginning of the story, where is Sal's mother and why?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)