|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Phoebe's family best be described?
2. What does Sergeant Bickle do when Phoebe presents evidence that her mother was kidnapped?
(a) He twitches the corners of his mouth.
(b) He shushes them.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He throws his hands in the air.
3. To what state are Sal and her grandparents traveling?
4. How old did the man at the State Fair guess that Phoebe's father was?
5. What name did Sal suggest for her sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was drawn inside the shape of the drawing that Sal thought was Phoebe's?
2. What is the name of the boy from the river?
3. When returning from the drug store, Ben comments that Sal does what every time someone touches her?
4. What was in Lewiston, Idaho, for Sal's mother?
5. What is the real age of Phoebe's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Gram and Gramps' marriage bed?
2. At the beginning of the story, where is Sal's mother and why?
3. How does Sal react to Margaret when they first meet, and why?
4. What do you think Mrs. Winterbottom means when she asks whether her daughters think she leads a tiny life?
5. How is Phoebe's journal decorated, and why is this important?
6. Why does Sal flinch every time someone touches her?
7. How does Sergeant Bickle react to Phoebe's evidence? Why do you think he reacts that way?
8. Who rings Phoebe's doorbell, and what does he want?
9. On the second day of the weekend sleepover, what does Ben perceive about Phoebe?
10. How does Sal try to warn her father about Margaret?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)