|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sal's father let her go on the trip with her grandparents?
(a) He wants Sal to learn how to drive.
(b) He does not think his parents can read maps.
(c) He wants a break from spending time with Sal.
(d) He thinks that Sal needs to bond with her grandparents.
2. How many brothers does Mary Lou have?
3. How does Sal react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
(a) She says that the man died naturally.
(b) She say it is terrifying.
(c) She says that it is murder.
(d) She says that it is boring.
4. Why were Sal's grandparents stopped by the police while driving?
(a) They were driving on the shoulder.
(b) They were driving too slowly.
(c) They were speeding.
(d) They were swerving back and forth.
5. How old did the man at the State Fair guess that Phoebe's father was?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the cardigan that Phoebe finds on the chair?
2. At what hotel do Sal and her grandparents stay outside of Chicago?
3. What was in Lewiston, Idaho, for Sal's mother?
4. When Phoebe goes downstairs to say goodnight to her father, what does she notice he had been doing?
5. What does Phoebe imagine that Mrs. Cadaver and Mr. Birkway may be doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Winterbottom say upset him most about his wife's secret? What does this show about their relationship?
2. Why was the fact that Sugar cut her long hair important?
3. Why do you think Gramps watches Gram so closely when they are at Old Faithful?
4. Why do you think Gram is so emotional about seeing Old Faithful?
5. How does Phoebe act at dinner with the Finneys? Why do you think she acted this way?
6. How does Sal notices that Phoebe and Prudence have "their own agendas" after their mother burns the brownies?
7. When does Sal know for sure that her mother is not coming back?
8. How did Sal feel when her mother left, and why?
9. How do each of Mrs. Winterbottom's family members react to the news that Mike Bickle is her son?
10. How does Mr. Birkway attempt to hide the identity of the journal's owners, and why does this fail?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)