|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what town do they detour just before reaching the South Dakota border?
(b) St. Paul.
(c) Sioux Falls.
2. What type of stories did Sal's mother enjoy reading?
(b) Stories about cowboys and Indians.
(c) Stories about reincarnation.
3. What object do the girls see Ben lift from the sidewalk?
(a) A machete.
(b) A bat.
(c) An ax.
(d) A stick.
4. What does Sal notice about her father in the garage when she returns home?
(a) He was crying.
(b) He was lazy.
(c) He was laughing.
(d) He was angry.
5. With whom does Mary Lou go out on a date?
(a) The lunatic.
(b) An older boy at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe do all weekend at Sal's house?
2. How long did Sal's father have his car?
3. What does Mrs. Winterbottom do after the Phoebe and Sal return home from school?
4. How long before the story begins did Sal and her father move?
5. What do Christy and Megan call their club?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did both Sal and Phoebe lie about where their mothers were when they first left?
2. What evidence does Phoebe present to Sergeant Bickle as proof that her mother was kidnapped?
3. Describe the atmosphere in Madison, Wisconsin.
4. How does Phoebe react to the Finney house, and why does she react that way?
5. Why does Sal's father allow Sal to go on the car trip with her grandparents?
6. How does Sal react to Margaret when they first meet, and why?
7. What does Sal realize after she says that she wanted to tell Phoebe that Mrs. Winterbottom's leaving was not Phoebe's fault?
8. Why did Sal's mother say that she felt rotten in comparison to Sal's father?
9. Why were Grandparents Hiddle arrested, and what does this show about them?
10. How does Phoebe act at dinner with the Finneys? Why do you think she acted this way?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)