|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sal find out that Mike is Sergeant Bickle's son?
(a) She finds Mike's birth certificate.
(b) Sergeant Bickle tells her.
(c) A note on Phoebe's porch said so.
(d) She sees a picture of them together.
2. Why did Sal's dog push her puppies away?
(a) She did not like them.
(b) She was weaning them.
(c) She was dying.
(d) They bit her.
3. What does Beth Ann say about Mary Lou in her journal?
(a) Mary Lou is boring.
(b) Mary Lou is stupid.
(c) Mary Lou is smelly.
(d) Mary Lou is poor.
4. What does Sal see that makes her realize that she missed the bus stop?
(b) The hospital.
(c) The corner store.
(d) The library.
5. What embarrassing thing does Mr. Birkway reveal in Sal's journal?
(a) Sal kisses trees.
(b) Sal cannot read very well.
(c) Sal cries every night.
(d) Sal likes Ben.
6. Why does Phoebe suddenly back out of finding Mike?
(a) She cannot face him.
(b) She thinks he will get angry.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She is too tired.
7. Why does Christy's journal offend Mary Lou?
(a) She says Mary Lou is stupid.
(b) She says that Mary Lou does not go to church.
(c) She says that Mary Lou is arrogant.
(d) She said Mary Lou took the Lord's name in vain.
8. How does Sal say that Gram looks on the way through Idaho?
9. How did Mr. Cadaver die?
(a) He died in his sleep.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He was hit by a drunk driver.
(d) He drowned.
10. How long was Mrs. Cadaver trapped in the bus?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One day.
(d) Nine hours.
11. Why does Sal feel queasy when she and her grandparents drive through Montana?
(a) She is nervous.
(b) She ate some bad food.
(c) The roads are curvy.
(d) There is someone following them.
12. Why is Gramps worried as they drive into Idaho?
(a) They are not making good time.
(b) He is feeling carsick.
(c) Gram seems ill.
(d) The car is making squealing sounds.
13. On what day of her trip with her grandparents do they arrive at Yellowstone?
(a) The seventh day.
(b) The fifth day.
(c) The sixth day.
(d) The fourth day.
14. Who does Phoebe see Mike kissing at the university?
(b) Mrs. Winterbottom.
(c) Mrs. Partridge.
15. When Sal tries to explain Mrs. Winterbottom's disappearance reasonably, how does Phoebe respond?
(a) She refuses to listen.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She punches Sal.
(d) She yells at Sal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to visit Gramps the day after Gram was buried?
2. Where does Sal find Ben and Mrs. Finney?
3. What is Mrs. Finney wearing when Sal finds her?
4. The truck driver that Sal meets has driven from what town?
5. Who do Phoebe and Sal run into when they break into Margaret's house?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)