|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sal keep under her floorboards at the end of the story?
(b) A stone.
(c) A letter.
2. On what day of her trip with her grandparents do they arrive at Yellowstone?
(a) The sixth day.
(b) The fourth day.
(c) The seventh day.
(d) The fifth day.
3. What does Gramps name his new beagle puppy?
(a) Moody Blue.
(b) Huzza Huzza.
4. Who stops Gram from climbing under the rope at Old Faithful?
(b) Another tourist.
(d) A park ranger.
5. What is draped on Margaret's sofa?
(b) A quilt.
(c) A bearskin.
(d) A homemade afghan.
6. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch?
(c) Mrs. Winterbottom.
(d) Mrs. Partridge.
7. When Sal and her grandparents arrive at Old Faithful, how long does it take the geyser to erupt?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
8. How does Mary Lou's journal offend Beth Ann?
(a) She says that Beth Ann is weird.
(b) She says that Beth Ann is boring.
(c) She says that Beth Ann steals things.
(d) She says that Ben Ann is not funny.
9. How does Gram feel about seeing Old Faithful?
10. Where is the university located?
(c) Chanting Falls.
11. What does Sergeant Bickle tell Sal about Mike?
(a) He tells her that Mike does not like her.
(b) He tells her Mike's address.
(c) He tells her that Mike lives at home.
(d) He tells her that Mike lives somewhere else now.
12. Besides Ben and Phoebe, who does Sal write to?
(b) The boy from the riverbank.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Mrs. Partridge.
13. How does Mr. Birkway look when he visits Phoebe's house?
14. What book do Sal and Phoebe see someone reading at Margaret's house?
(a) The Pit and the Pendulum.
(b) Murder at the Monroe's.
(c) Murder at Midnight.
(d) The Last Defense.
15. What gift did Gram receive from the egg man?
(a) A necklace.
(d) A love letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe call Mrs. Cadaver in her journal?
2. When Sal tries to explain Mrs. Winterbottom's disappearance reasonably, how does Phoebe respond?
3. Why does Alex feel betrayed by what Mary Lou wrote in her journal?
4. What embarrassing thing does Mr. Birkway reveal in Sal's journal?
5. Why does Sal feel queasy when she and her grandparents drive through Montana?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)