|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mr. Winterbottom and Prudence spend the night doing before Mrs. Winterbottom comes home?
(a) Watching TV.
(d) Looking at pictures.
2. How does Prudence respond to Mike at first?
(a) She flirts with him.
(b) She yells at him.
(c) She hits him.
(d) She ignores him.
3. When Sal lies awake the whole night, who is she thinking about?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Mr. Winterbottom.
(c) Mrs. Cadaver.
(d) Her father.
4. How does Sal find out that Mike is Sergeant Bickle's son?
(a) She finds Mike's birth certificate.
(b) Sergeant Bickle tells her.
(c) She sees a picture of them together.
(d) A note on Phoebe's porch said so.
5. When Sal and her grandparents arrive at Old Faithful, how long does it take the geyser to erupt?
(a) Two minutes.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) One hour.
6. What does Sergeant Bickle tell Sal about Mike?
(a) He tells her that Mike lives at home.
(b) He tells her Mike's address.
(c) He tells her that Mike does not like her.
(d) He tells her that Mike lives somewhere else now.
7. Besides Ben and Phoebe, who does Sal write to?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Mrs. Partridge.
(d) The boy from the riverbank.
8. The truck driver that Sal meets has driven from what town?
(a) Coeur d'Alene.
(b) Three Creek.
9. Who is Mrs. Cadaver's brother?
(a) Mr. Birkway.
(c) Mr. Winterbottom.
(d) Sergeant Bickle.
10. How does Phoebe feel when Mr. Birkway is done talking to her at her house?
11. What is draped on Margaret's sofa?
(a) A bearskin.
(b) A quilt.
(c) A homemade afghan.
12. What gift did Gram receive from the egg man?
(c) A love letter.
(d) A necklace.
13. What does the sheriff in Idaho make Sal promise?
(a) To never come back.
(b) She will ask her grandparents next time.
(c) She won't drive until she's sixteen.
(d) She won't drive ever again.
14. What does the sheriff do when he sees Sal at the lookout?
(a) Asks if she is ok.
(b) Demands an explanation.
(c) Arrests Sal.
(d) Threatens to call Sal's parents.
15. When Sal is at the lookout, where is the bus?
(a) A mile down the road.
(b) At the bottom of the hill.
(c) Across the road.
(d) In the next town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe call Mrs. Cadaver in her journal?
2. Sal says that her mother is not gone, but is actually where?
3. What does Gram say that Old Faithful looks like?
4. Who stops Gram from climbing under the rope at Old Faithful?
5. What was the name of the dog that Sal had as a child?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)