|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is engraved on Sugar Hiddle's grave?
(a) A maple tree.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A tulip.
(d) A blackberry.
2. What does Ben give Sal as a gift in Chapter 40?
(a) A notebook.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A puppy.
3. On what day of her trip with her grandparents do they arrive at Yellowstone?
(a) The fifth day.
(b) The seventh day.
(c) The sixth day.
(d) The fourth day.
4. What gift did Gramps give to Gram the night that she died?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A ring.
(d) A prayer.
5. When Sal lies awake the whole night, who is she thinking about?
(a) Her father.
(b) Mr. Winterbottom.
(c) Mrs. Cadaver.
(d) Her mother.
6. Why does Phoebe suddenly back out of finding Mike?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) She is too tired.
(c) She cannot face him.
(d) She thinks he will get angry.
7. Why does the message-leaver say that they left notes for Phoebe?
(a) They thought they would be good surprises.
(b) They wanted to creep Sal and Phoebe out.
(c) They wanted them to think there was a mystery to solve.
(d) They wanted to distract Phoebe from her schoolwork.
8. What does Sergeant Bickle tell Sal about Mike?
(a) He tells her that Mike lives somewhere else now.
(b) He tells her that Mike lives at home.
(c) He tells her that Mike does not like her.
(d) He tells her Mike's address.
9. Why Mr. Birkway come to Phoebe's house?
(a) To see Mr. Winterbottom.
(b) To compliment Phoebe's writing skills.
(c) To comment on Phoebe's grades.
(d) To apologize to her.
10. To what appliance does Sal compare Old Faithful?
(a) A hose.
(b) A shower.
(c) A radiator.
(d) A pump.
11. What did Sal hope would happen in Lewiston?
(a) She would bring her mother home.
(b) She would just talk to her mother.
(c) She's not sure.
(d) She would see if her mother was happy.
12. Besides Ben and Phoebe, who does Sal write to?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Mrs. Partridge.
(d) The boy from the riverbank.
13. What happens between Sal and Ben at the hospital?
(a) They have an argument.
(b) They kiss.
(c) The eat lunch.
(d) They run into someone from school.
14. How does Gram feel about seeing Old Faithful?
15. When Sal is at the lookout, where is the bus?
(a) A mile down the road.
(b) In the next town.
(c) At the bottom of the hill.
(d) Across the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Birkway do the day after he reads the journals?
2. What does Phoebe's father do that is unusual the first time he meets Mike?
3. How does Mary Lou's journal offend Beth Ann?
4. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch?
5. What did Gramps do when he found Gram's gift from the egg man?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)