|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Phoebe and Sal talk to the man at the desk at the university, what does he tell them?
(a) Where Mike hangs out.
(b) Where Mike shops.
(c) Where Mike studies.
(d) Where Mike's room is.
2. How does Mr. Birkway look when he visits Phoebe's house?
3. What did Sal hope would happen in Lewiston?
(a) She would bring her mother home.
(b) She's not sure.
(c) She would see if her mother was happy.
(d) She would just talk to her mother.
4. The first time that Sal's father went to see Margaret, how long did they talk?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Six hours.
5. Who sits next to Phoebe when Mr. Birkway comes to visit?
(b) Mary Lou.
(d) Mr. Winterbottom.
6. How did Mr. Cadaver die?
(a) He died in his sleep.
(b) He was hit by a drunk driver.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He drowned.
7. What does Sal end up kissing the first time she tries to kiss Ben?
(a) The locker.
(b) The floor.
(c) His lunchbox.
(d) His hand.
8. What does Sal see that makes her realize that she missed the bus stop?
(a) The corner store.
(c) The library.
(d) The hospital.
9. Why is Gramps worried as they drive into Idaho?
(a) They are not making good time.
(b) Gram seems ill.
(c) The car is making squealing sounds.
(d) He is feeling carsick.
10. What book do Sal and Phoebe see someone reading at Margaret's house?
(a) Murder at Midnight.
(b) Murder at the Monroe's.
(c) The Last Defense.
(d) The Pit and the Pendulum.
11. When Margaret asks Sal whether she likes Mr. Birkway, how does Sal respond?
(a) "Not at all."
(b) "He's ok."
(c) "I hate his guts."
(d) "I suppose."
12. Besides Ben and Phoebe, who does Sal write to?
(a) Mrs. Partridge.
(b) The boy from the riverbank.
(d) Her mother.
13. Why does Christy's journal offend Mary Lou?
(a) She says Mary Lou is stupid.
(b) She said Mary Lou took the Lord's name in vain.
(c) She says that Mary Lou is arrogant.
(d) She says that Mary Lou does not go to church.
14. Why does the message-leaver say that they left notes for Phoebe?
(a) They thought they would be good surprises.
(b) They wanted to distract Phoebe from her schoolwork.
(c) They wanted them to think there was a mystery to solve.
(d) They wanted to creep Sal and Phoebe out.
15. How does Sal find out that Mike is Sergeant Bickle's son?
(a) She sees a picture of them together.
(b) A note on Phoebe's porch said so.
(c) Sergeant Bickle tells her.
(d) She finds Mike's birth certificate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the university do Sal and Phoebe try to find Mike?
2. Who do Phoebe and Sal run into when they break into Margaret's house?
3. To what appliance does Sal compare Old Faithful?
4. What happens between Sal and Ben at the hospital?
5. Sal thinks that she and her grandparents can get to Idaho on her mother's birthday, if she continuously does what?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)