|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sal keep under her floorboards at the end of the story?
(b) A stone.
(c) A letter.
2. What does Beth Ann say about Mary Lou in her journal?
(a) Mary Lou is boring.
(b) Mary Lou is smelly.
(c) Mary Lou is poor.
(d) Mary Lou is stupid.
3. How does Gram feel about seeing Old Faithful?
4. Where does Sal tell Sergeant Bickle she met his son when she calls him?
(a) The library.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) In class.
(d) On the bus.
5. When the sheriff in Idaho puts Sal in his car, where does she think they are going?
(a) To her grandparents.
6. When Phoebe and Sal talk to the man at the desk at the university, what does he tell them?
(a) Where Mike studies.
(b) Where Mike shops.
(c) Where Mike hangs out.
(d) Where Mike's room is.
7. Why is Gramps worried as they drive into Idaho?
(a) Gram seems ill.
(b) They are not making good time.
(c) The car is making squealing sounds.
(d) He is feeling carsick.
8. Where in the university do Sal and Phoebe try to find Mike?
(a) The cafeteria.
(b) The dorm.
(c) The library.
(d) A classroom.
9. What does Sal see that makes her realize that she missed the bus stop?
(b) The corner store.
(c) The library.
(d) The hospital.
10. What does Phoebe's father do that is unusual the first time he meets Mike?
(c) Runs away.
(d) Orders him to leave.
11. What art does Margaret have on her walls?
(a) Abstract paintings.
(b) Watercolor landscapes.
(c) Drawings of wild animals.
(d) Sketches of trees and flowers.
12. How does Mr. Birkway look when he visits Phoebe's house?
13. What is draped on Margaret's sofa?
(a) A quilt.
(b) A bearskin.
(d) A homemade afghan.
14. What did Sal hope would happen in Lewiston?
(a) She would just talk to her mother.
(b) She would see if her mother was happy.
(c) She's not sure.
(d) She would bring her mother home.
15. What does Mrs. Winterbottom do in the middle of her conversation with Mike that disgusts Phoebe?
(d) Coughs loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben give Sal as a gift in Chapter 40?
2. How do Sal and Phoebe get to the university?
3. How does Sal say that Gram looks on the way through Idaho?
4. Who is Mrs. Cadaver's brother?
5. On an impulse, Sal asks the hospital receptionist for whom?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)