|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the message-leaver say that they left notes for Phoebe?
(a) They thought they would be good surprises.
(b) They wanted to creep Sal and Phoebe out.
(c) They wanted them to think there was a mystery to solve.
(d) They wanted to distract Phoebe from her schoolwork.
2. On what day of her trip with her grandparents do they arrive at Yellowstone?
(a) The fifth day.
(b) The seventh day.
(c) The fourth day.
(d) The sixth day.
3. What does Sergeant Bickle tell Sal about Mike?
(a) He tells her that Mike lives somewhere else now.
(b) He tells her that Mike does not like her.
(c) He tells her Mike's address.
(d) He tells her that Mike lives at home.
4. When Sal lies awake the whole night, who is she thinking about?
(a) Mr. Winterbottom.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Mrs. Cadaver.
5. Why does Phoebe suddenly back out of finding Mike?
(a) She is too tired.
(b) She cannot face him.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She thinks he will get angry.
6. What book do Sal and Phoebe see someone reading at Margaret's house?
(a) Murder at the Monroe's.
(b) The Last Defense.
(c) Murder at Midnight.
(d) The Pit and the Pendulum.
7. What is draped on Margaret's sofa?
(a) A bearskin.
(b) A homemade afghan.
(c) A quilt.
8. When the sheriff in Idaho puts Sal in his car, where does she think they are going?
(d) To her grandparents.
9. Mrs. Winterbottom finally reveals that Mike is whom?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her son.
10. Where is Sal's mother buried?
(c) Coeur d'Alene.
11. What did Sal hope would happen in Lewiston?
(a) She's not sure.
(b) She would see if her mother was happy.
(c) She would just talk to her mother.
(d) She would bring her mother home.
12. When Phoebe and Sal talk to the man at the desk at the university, what does he tell them?
(a) Where Mike hangs out.
(b) Where Mike's room is.
(c) Where Mike studies.
(d) Where Mike shops.
13. Where in the university do Sal and Phoebe try to find Mike?
(a) The dorm.
(b) The library.
(c) A classroom.
(d) The cafeteria.
14. How did Mr. Cadaver die?
(a) He was hit by a drunk driver.
(b) He died in his sleep.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He drowned.
15. What does Mrs. Winterbottom do in the middle of her conversation with Mike that disgusts Phoebe?
(b) Coughs loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does what happens between Sal and Ben make Sal feel?
2. What art does Margaret have on her walls?
3. What embarrassing thing does Mr. Birkway reveal in Sal's journal?
4. What is engraved on Sugar Hiddle's grave?
5. What happens between Sal and Ben at the hospital?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)