|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about how Mrs. Winterbottom looks when Phoebe sees her at the university?
(a) She is wearing a lot of jewelry.
(b) Her hair is shorter.
(c) She has a tan.
(d) Her hair is longer.
2. Why did Sal's dog push her puppies away?
(a) She was dying.
(b) They bit her.
(c) She did not like them.
(d) She was weaning them.
3. How does Mr. Birkway look when he visits Phoebe's house?
4. How many people survived the bus crash?
5. What book do Sal and Phoebe see someone reading at Margaret's house?
(a) The Pit and the Pendulum.
(b) Murder at Midnight.
(c) Murder at the Monroe's.
(d) The Last Defense.
6. When Mrs. Winterbottom first introduces Mike, how does Mr. Winterbottom look?
7. Why does Alex feel betrayed by what Mary Lou wrote in her journal?
(a) She said he was too short.
(b) She said he was arrogant.
(c) She said he was a bad kisser.
(d) She said he was ugly.
8. Why does Phoebe suddenly back out of finding Mike?
(a) She cannot face him.
(b) She is too tired.
(c) She thinks he will get angry.
(d) She is afraid of him.
9. What does Phoebe call Sergeant Bickle when he does not seem to take her seriously?
10. When Mrs. Winterbottom calls to say that she is coming home, how does Phoebe say that she sounded?
11. How long was Mrs. Cadaver trapped in the bus?
(a) One day.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Nine hours.
12. How do Sal and Phoebe get to the university?
(a) Sal's father drives them.
(b) Sal drives them.
(c) The bus.
(d) The train.
13. How many numbers do Sal and Phoebe have to try before they call Sergeant Bickle's house?
14. On what day of her trip with her grandparents do they arrive at Yellowstone?
(a) The seventh day.
(b) The fourth day.
(c) The fifth day.
(d) The sixth day.
15. Where does Sal find Ben and Mrs. Finney?
(a) The lobby.
(b) The waiting room.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The cafeteria.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Phoebe feel when Mr. Birkway is done talking to her at her house?
2. What do Mr. Winterbottom and Prudence spend the night doing before Mrs. Winterbottom comes home?
3. When the sheriff in Idaho puts Sal in his car, where does she think they are going?
4. What does Sal imagine Margaret doing?
5. What is engraved on Sugar Hiddle's grave?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)