|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did Gram receive from the egg man?
(b) A necklace.
(c) A love letter.
2. What does the sheriff do when he sees Sal at the lookout?
(a) Demands an explanation.
(b) Arrests Sal.
(c) Threatens to call Sal's parents.
(d) Asks if she is ok.
3. Where is the university located?
(b) Chanting Falls.
4. How do Sal and Phoebe get to the university?
(a) Sal drives them.
(b) Sal's father drives them.
(c) The bus.
(d) The train.
5. Why did Sal's dog push her puppies away?
(a) She was weaning them.
(b) She did not like them.
(c) They bit her.
(d) She was dying.
6. Why is Gramps worried as they drive into Idaho?
(a) They are not making good time.
(b) He is feeling carsick.
(c) The car is making squealing sounds.
(d) Gram seems ill.
7. Who sits next to Phoebe when Mr. Birkway comes to visit?
(a) Mary Lou.
(b) Mr. Winterbottom.
8. How does what happens between Sal and Ben make Sal feel?
(a) "Like a newborn kitten."
(b) "As full as she can be!"
(d) "Like a newborn filly."
9. What does Sal keep under her floorboards at the end of the story?
(a) A letter.
(d) A stone.
10. Who is Mrs. Cadaver's brother?
(a) Mr. Winterbottom.
(b) Sergeant Bickle.
(d) Mr. Birkway.
11. To what appliance does Sal compare Old Faithful?
(a) A hose.
(b) A radiator.
(c) A shower.
(d) A pump.
12. How does Mary Lou's journal offend Beth Ann?
(a) She says that Ben Ann is not funny.
(b) She says that Beth Ann is boring.
(c) She says that Beth Ann steals things.
(d) She says that Beth Ann is weird.
13. On an impulse, Sal asks the hospital receptionist for whom?
(b) Mrs. Finney.
(c) Mr. Birkway.
(d) Mrs. Winterbottom.
14. What embarrassing thing does Mr. Birkway reveal in Sal's journal?
(a) Sal cannot read very well.
(b) Sal kisses trees.
(c) Sal cries every night.
(d) Sal likes Ben.
15. How does Prudence respond to Mike at first?
(a) She flirts with him.
(b) She hits him.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She yells at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sal thinks that she and her grandparents can get to Idaho on her mother's birthday, if she continuously does what?
2. Sal asks Margaret what her plans are as far as what?
3. What art does Margaret have on her walls?
4. How does Mr. Birkway look when he visits Phoebe's house?
5. Who do Phoebe and Sal run into when they break into Margaret's house?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)