|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mrs. Winterbottom calls to say that she is coming home, she asks her family not to do what?
(a) Clean up the house.
(b) Spend too much money.
(c) Prejudge her.
(d) Worry too much.
2. Why does Phoebe suddenly back out of finding Mike?
(a) She cannot face him.
(b) She thinks he will get angry.
(c) She is too tired.
(d) She is afraid of him.
3. Where do Sal and her grandparents stay on their first night in Idaho?
(a) Coeur d'Alene.
(b) Last Chance.
4. Where is the university located?
(b) Chanting Falls.
5. What is draped on Margaret's sofa?
(a) A quilt.
(c) A homemade afghan.
(d) A bearskin.
6. On an impulse, Sal asks the hospital receptionist for whom?
(a) Mr. Birkway.
(c) Mrs. Finney.
(d) Mrs. Winterbottom.
7. When Margaret asks Sal whether she likes Mr. Birkway, how does Sal respond?
(a) "He's ok."
(b) "I suppose."
(c) "Not at all."
(d) "I hate his guts."
8. Besides Ben and Phoebe, who does Sal write to?
(a) The boy from the riverbank.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Mrs. Partridge.
9. What does Beth Ann say about Mary Lou in her journal?
(a) Mary Lou is smelly.
(b) Mary Lou is stupid.
(c) Mary Lou is boring.
(d) Mary Lou is poor.
10. Who sits next to Phoebe when Mr. Birkway comes to visit?
(a) Mr. Winterbottom.
(c) Mary Lou.
11. Why is Gramps worried as they drive into Idaho?
(a) The car is making squealing sounds.
(b) They are not making good time.
(c) Gram seems ill.
(d) He is feeling carsick.
12. Why does Alex feel betrayed by what Mary Lou wrote in her journal?
(a) She said he was a bad kisser.
(b) She said he was arrogant.
(c) She said he was ugly.
(d) She said he was too short.
13. Where in the university do Sal and Phoebe try to find Mike?
(a) The dorm.
(b) A classroom.
(c) The cafeteria.
(d) The library.
14. What does Phoebe's father do that is unusual the first time he meets Mike?
(a) Runs away.
(c) Orders him to leave.
15. Why does Sal feel queasy when she and her grandparents drive through Montana?
(a) She is nervous.
(b) There is someone following them.
(c) She ate some bad food.
(d) The roads are curvy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal imagine Margaret doing?
2. What does Gram say that Old Faithful looks like?
3. How many people survived the bus crash?
4. What does the sheriff do when he sees Sal at the lookout?
5. Who does Mrs. Partridge say had a similar face to Phoebe's face?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)