|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Partridge say had a similar face to Phoebe's face?
(b) Mrs. Winterbottom.
(d) Mr. Winterbottom.
2. What did Gramps do when he found Gram's gift from the egg man?
(a) He told Gram to leave.
(b) He nearly killed the egg man.
(c) He threatened to beat up the egg man.
(d) He told the egg man to leave Gram alone.
3. What art does Margaret have on her walls?
(a) Watercolor landscapes.
(b) Drawings of wild animals.
(c) Abstract paintings.
(d) Sketches of trees and flowers.
4. Why does the message-leaver say that they left notes for Phoebe?
(a) They wanted them to think there was a mystery to solve.
(b) They wanted to creep Sal and Phoebe out.
(c) They thought they would be good surprises.
(d) They wanted to distract Phoebe from her schoolwork.
5. When Mrs. Winterbottom first introduces Mike, how does Mr. Winterbottom look?
6. How does Prudence respond to Mike at first?
(a) She yells at him.
(b) She flirts with him.
(c) She hits him.
(d) She ignores him.
7. How does Phoebe feel when Mr. Birkway is done talking to her at her house?
8. What is draped on Margaret's sofa?
(a) A bearskin.
(b) A homemade afghan.
(d) A quilt.
9. What does Ben give Sal as a gift in Chapter 40?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A notebook.
10. What was the name of the dog that Sal had as a child?
(a) Moody Blue.
(b) Huzza Huzza.
11. What happens between Sal and Ben at the hospital?
(a) The eat lunch.
(b) They run into someone from school.
(c) They kiss.
(d) They have an argument.
12. Why does Sal feel queasy when she and her grandparents drive through Montana?
(a) The roads are curvy.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She ate some bad food.
(d) There is someone following them.
13. How does Mr. Birkway look when he visits Phoebe's house?
14. How long was Mrs. Cadaver trapped in the bus?
(a) Nine hours.
(b) One day.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two hours.
15. What did Sal hope would happen in Lewiston?
(a) She would bring her mother home.
(b) She would just talk to her mother.
(c) She's not sure.
(d) She would see if her mother was happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time that Sal's father went to see Margaret, how long did they talk?
2. Sal says that her mother is not gone, but is actually where?
3. To what appliance does Sal compare Old Faithful?
4. Where is the university located?
5. Why does Phoebe suddenly back out of finding Mike?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)