|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sal keep under her floorboards at the end of the story?
(b) A stone.
(c) A letter.
2. Who stops Gram from climbing under the rope at Old Faithful?
(a) A park ranger.
(d) Another tourist.
3. What does Sal see that makes her realize that she missed the bus stop?
(b) The library.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The corner store.
4. What gift did Gramps give to Gram the night that she died?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A ring.
5. To what appliance does Sal compare Old Faithful?
(a) A hose.
(b) A shower.
(c) A radiator.
(d) A pump.
6. Mrs. Winterbottom finally reveals that Mike is whom?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her brother.
7. What is different about how Mrs. Winterbottom looks when Phoebe sees her at the university?
(a) Her hair is longer.
(b) She has a tan.
(c) Her hair is shorter.
(d) She is wearing a lot of jewelry.
8. Who does Phoebe see Mike kissing at the university?
(b) Mrs. Winterbottom.
(c) Mrs. Partridge.
9. When Sal and her grandparents arrive at Old Faithful, how long does it take the geyser to erupt?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) One hour.
10. Why does the message-leaver say that they left notes for Phoebe?
(a) They thought they would be good surprises.
(b) They wanted to creep Sal and Phoebe out.
(c) They wanted them to think there was a mystery to solve.
(d) They wanted to distract Phoebe from her schoolwork.
11. How does Prudence respond to Mike at first?
(a) She yells at him.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She hits him.
(d) She flirts with him.
12. Why Mr. Birkway come to Phoebe's house?
(a) To see Mr. Winterbottom.
(b) To apologize to her.
(c) To comment on Phoebe's grades.
(d) To compliment Phoebe's writing skills.
13. Where do Sal and her grandparents stay on their first night in Idaho?
(c) Last Chance.
(d) Coeur d'Alene.
14. When Mrs. Winterbottom calls to say that she is coming home, she asks her family not to do what?
(a) Prejudge her.
(b) Worry too much.
(c) Spend too much money.
(d) Clean up the house.
15. When Sal is at the lookout, where is the bus?
(a) In the next town.
(b) A mile down the road.
(c) At the bottom of the hill.
(d) Across the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sal asks Margaret what her plans are as far as what?
2. What was the name of the dog that Sal had as a child?
3. What does Gram say that Old Faithful looks like?
4. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch?
5. How does Sal say that Gram looks on the way through Idaho?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)