|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in the university do Sal and Phoebe try to find Mike?
(a) The library.
(b) A classroom.
(c) The cafeteria.
(d) The dorm.
2. What does Sal see that makes her realize that she missed the bus stop?
(a) The corner store.
(c) The library.
(d) The hospital.
3. How did Mr. Cadaver die?
(a) He died in his sleep.
(b) He drowned.
(c) He was hit by a drunk driver.
(d) He was murdered.
4. When Margaret asks Sal whether she likes Mr. Birkway, how does Sal respond?
(a) "I hate his guts."
(b) "Not at all."
(c) "He's ok."
(d) "I suppose."
5. To what appliance does Sal compare Old Faithful?
(a) A radiator.
(b) A shower.
(c) A pump.
(d) A hose.
6. Where do Sal and her grandparents stay on their first night in Idaho?
(b) Coeur d'Alene.
(c) Last Chance.
7. What does Sal keep under her floorboards at the end of the story?
(a) A stone.
(d) A letter.
8. What gift did Gram receive from the egg man?
(c) A necklace.
(d) A love letter.
9. What is different about how Mrs. Winterbottom looks when Phoebe sees her at the university?
(a) Her hair is longer.
(b) Her hair is shorter.
(c) She is wearing a lot of jewelry.
(d) She has a tan.
10. Why does Sal feel queasy when she and her grandparents drive through Montana?
(a) She ate some bad food.
(b) There is someone following them.
(c) She is nervous.
(d) The roads are curvy.
11. What does Phoebe call Sergeant Bickle when he does not seem to take her seriously?
12. What does Sal imagine Margaret doing?
(a) Reading her journal.
(b) Kissing Sal's father.
(c) Touching her husband's face.
(d) Giving someone a shot.
13. At the end of the story, Sal says that she is jealous of how many things?
14. What does Mrs. Winterbottom do in the middle of her conversation with Mike that disgusts Phoebe?
(d) Coughs loudly.
15. The truck driver that Sal meets has driven from what town?
(b) Coeur d'Alene.
(d) Three Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to visit Gramps the day after Gram was buried?
2. Why does Christy's journal offend Mary Lou?
3. Why does the message-leaver say that they left notes for Phoebe?
4. What does the sheriff do when he sees Sal at the lookout?
5. Mrs. Winterbottom finally reveals that Mike is whom?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)