|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ben send Sal a valentine?
2. Why does Alex feel betrayed by what Mary Lou wrote in her journal?
(a) She said he was too short.
(b) She said he was arrogant.
(c) She said he was ugly.
(d) She said he was a bad kisser.
3. Sal thinks that she and her grandparents can get to Idaho on her mother's birthday, if she continuously does what?
(a) Asks where they are.
(c) Ignores her grandparents.
4. What does Sal imagine Margaret doing?
(a) Touching her husband's face.
(b) Kissing Sal's father.
(c) Giving someone a shot.
(d) Reading her journal.
5. What do Mr. Winterbottom and Prudence spend the night doing before Mrs. Winterbottom comes home?
(a) Looking at pictures.
(b) Watching TV.
6. What was the name of the dog that Sal had as a child?
(b) Moody Blue.
(c) Huzza Huzza.
7. What does Phoebe call Mrs. Cadaver in her journal?
(a) Mrs. Corpse.
(b) Mrs. Grave.
(c) Mrs. Autopsy.
(d) Mrs. Death.
8. What does Gramps name his new beagle puppy?
(a) Moody Blue.
(d) Huzza Huzza.
9. What does the sheriff in Idaho make Sal promise?
(a) She will ask her grandparents next time.
(b) To never come back.
(c) She won't drive ever again.
(d) She won't drive until she's sixteen.
10. Why does Phoebe suddenly back out of finding Mike?
(a) She cannot face him.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) She is too tired.
(d) She thinks he will get angry.
11. What does Sal see that makes her realize that she missed the bus stop?
(a) The library.
(b) The corner store.
(d) The hospital.
12. What does Ben give Sal as a gift in Chapter 40?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A notebook.
(d) A necklace.
13. What does Gram say that Old Faithful looks like?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) An oil gush.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A canon.
14. Who do Phoebe and Sal run into when they break into Margaret's house?
(a) Sal's father.
(b) Mr. Birkway.
(d) Mrs. Partridge.
15. How many people survived the bus crash?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sal tell Sergeant Bickle she met his son when she calls him?
2. On an impulse, Sal asks the hospital receptionist for whom?
3. What does Mr. Birkway do the day after he reads the journals?
4. How does Sal say that Gram looks on the way through Idaho?
5. When Sal is at the lookout, where is the bus?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)