Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gram say that Old Faithful looks like?
(a) A tornado.
(b) An oil gush.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) A canon.
2. Who came to visit Gramps the day after Gram was buried?
(a) Mr. Winterbottom.
(d) Sal's father.
3. How does Phoebe feel when Mr. Birkway is done talking to her at her house?
4. Besides Ben and Phoebe, who does Sal write to?
(a) Mrs. Partridge.
(c) The boy from the riverbank.
(d) Her mother.
5. When Mrs. Winterbottom first introduces Mike, how does Mr. Winterbottom look?
6. How long have Gram and Gramps been married?
(a) Twenty-seven years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Fifty-one years.
(d) Forty-two years.
7. When Sal lies awake the whole night, who is she thinking about?
(a) Mrs. Cadaver.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Mr. Winterbottom.
8. What does Phoebe call Mrs. Cadaver in her journal?
(a) Mrs. Death.
(b) Mrs. Autopsy.
(c) Mrs. Corpse.
(d) Mrs. Grave.
9. Why does Phoebe suddenly back out of finding Mike?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) She is too tired.
(c) She thinks he will get angry.
(d) She cannot face him.
10. What is Mrs. Finney wearing when Sal finds her?
(a) A hospital gown.
(c) A pink robe.
(d) A skirt and blouse.
11. Why does Sal feel queasy when she and her grandparents drive through Montana?
(a) There is someone following them.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) The roads are curvy.
(d) She ate some bad food.
12. What does Sal tell Sergeant Bickle is her name?
13. Why Mr. Birkway come to Phoebe's house?
(a) To see Mr. Winterbottom.
(b) To apologize to her.
(c) To compliment Phoebe's writing skills.
(d) To comment on Phoebe's grades.
14. What does Mrs. Winterbottom do in the middle of her conversation with Mike that disgusts Phoebe?
(d) Coughs loudly.
15. How does Mary Lou's journal offend Beth Ann?
(a) She says that Beth Ann steals things.
(b) She says that Beth Ann is boring.
(c) She says that Beth Ann is weird.
(d) She says that Ben Ann is not funny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is engraved on Sugar Hiddle's grave?
2. When the sheriff in Idaho puts Sal in his car, where does she think they are going?
3. When Mrs. Winterbottom calls to say that she is coming home, she asks her family not to do what?
4. What does Sal keep under her floorboards at the end of the story?
5. What art does Margaret have on her walls?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)