|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sal lies awake the whole night, who is she thinking about?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Mr. Winterbottom.
(d) Mrs. Cadaver.
2. How does Prudence respond to Mike at first?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She hits him.
(c) She flirts with him.
(d) She yells at him.
3. Where do Sal and her grandparents stay on their first night in Idaho?
(b) Coeur d'Alene.
(d) Last Chance.
4. Why does the message-leaver say that they left notes for Phoebe?
(a) They wanted to creep Sal and Phoebe out.
(b) They wanted them to think there was a mystery to solve.
(c) They thought they would be good surprises.
(d) They wanted to distract Phoebe from her schoolwork.
5. What book do Sal and Phoebe see someone reading at Margaret's house?
(a) <i>Murder at Midnight.</i>
(b) <i>The Last Defense.</i>
(c) <i>Murder at the Monroe's.</i>
(d) <i>The Pit and the Pendulum.</i>
6. How does what happens between Sal and Ben make Sal feel?
(a) "Like a newborn filly."
(b) "As full as she can be!"
(d) "Like a newborn kitten."
7. Who has been leaving the notes on Phoebe's porch?
(a) Mrs. Partridge.
(b) Mrs. Winterbottom.
8. How does Mary Lou's journal offend Beth Ann?
(a) She says that Beth Ann steals things.
(b) She says that Ben Ann is not funny.
(c) She says that Beth Ann is boring.
(d) She says that Beth Ann is weird.
9. Why does Sal feel queasy when she and her grandparents drive through Montana?
(a) She is nervous.
(b) She ate some bad food.
(c) The roads are curvy.
(d) There is someone following them.
10. What does the sheriff in Idaho make Sal promise?
(a) She won't drive ever again.
(b) She will ask her grandparents next time.
(c) To never come back.
(d) She won't drive until she's sixteen.
11. What does Sal see that makes her realize that she missed the bus stop?
(a) The corner store.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The library.
12. Why is Gramps worried as they drive into Idaho?
(a) Gram seems ill.
(b) He is feeling carsick.
(c) They are not making good time.
(d) The car is making squealing sounds.
13. When Sal and her grandparents arrive at Old Faithful, how long does it take the geyser to erupt?
(a) One hour.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Two minutes.
14. What happens between Sal and Ben at the hospital?
(a) They run into someone from school.
(b) They kiss.
(c) They have an argument.
(d) The eat lunch.
15. What is different about how Mrs. Winterbottom looks when Phoebe sees her at the university?
(a) Her hair is longer.
(b) She has a tan.
(c) Her hair is shorter.
(d) She is wearing a lot of jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sal tries to explain Mrs. Winterbottom's disappearance reasonably, how does Phoebe respond?
2. On what day of her trip with her grandparents do they arrive at Yellowstone?
3. When Sal is at the lookout, where is the bus?
4. Mrs. Winterbottom finally reveals that Mike is whom?
5. What does Beth Ann say about Mary Lou in her journal?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)