|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ben send Sal a valentine?
2. When Phoebe and Sal talk to the man at the desk at the university, what does he tell them?
(a) Where Mike studies.
(b) Where Mike's room is.
(c) Where Mike shops.
(d) Where Mike hangs out.
3. What does Mr. Birkway do the day after he reads the journals?
(a) He apologizes to the class.
(b) He reads his own journal.
(c) He makes people read their own journals.
(d) He lies and says that the journals were fake.
4. Why is Gramps worried as they drive into Idaho?
(a) He is feeling carsick.
(b) The car is making squealing sounds.
(c) Gram seems ill.
(d) They are not making good time.
5. Who does Phoebe see Mike kissing at the university?
(c) Mrs. Winterbottom.
(d) Mrs. Partridge.
6. Where do Sal and her grandparents stay on their first night in Idaho?
(a) Last Chance.
(c) Coeur d'Alene.
7. What does the sheriff in Idaho make Sal promise?
(a) She won't drive until she's sixteen.
(b) She won't drive ever again.
(c) To never come back.
(d) She will ask her grandparents next time.
8. How does Mary Lou's journal offend Beth Ann?
(a) She says that Beth Ann steals things.
(b) She says that Beth Ann is weird.
(c) She says that Beth Ann is boring.
(d) She says that Ben Ann is not funny.
9. How long have Gram and Gramps been married?
(a) Forty-two years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Twenty-seven years.
(d) Fifty-one years.
10. What embarrassing thing does Mr. Birkway reveal in Sal's journal?
(a) Sal cries every night.
(b) Sal cannot read very well.
(c) Sal kisses trees.
(d) Sal likes Ben.
11. Who does Mrs. Partridge say had a similar face to Phoebe's face?
(a) Mrs. Winterbottom.
(d) Mr. Winterbottom.
12. When Sal lies awake the whole night, who is she thinking about?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Mrs. Cadaver.
(c) Her father.
(d) Mr. Winterbottom.
13. Where in the university do Sal and Phoebe try to find Mike?
(a) A classroom.
(b) The cafeteria.
(c) The library.
(d) The dorm.
14. How long does it take Sal to drive to Lewiston?
(a) Five hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Four hours.
15. How do Sal and Phoebe get to the university?
(a) Sal drives them.
(b) The bus.
(c) The train.
(d) Sal's father drives them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book do Sal and Phoebe see someone reading at Margaret's house?
2. How does Prudence respond to Mike at first?
3. How does Mr. Birkway look when he visits Phoebe's house?
4. What does Sergeant Bickle tell Sal about Mike?
5. How many numbers do Sal and Phoebe have to try before they call Sergeant Bickle's house?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)