|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On an impulse, Sal asks the hospital receptionist for whom?
(b) Mr. Birkway.
(c) Mrs. Finney.
(d) Mrs. Winterbottom.
2. How does Sal find out that Mike is Sergeant Bickle's son?
(a) A note on Phoebe's porch said so.
(b) She finds Mike's birth certificate.
(c) Sergeant Bickle tells her.
(d) She sees a picture of them together.
3. What does Sal keep under her floorboards at the end of the story?
(a) A stone.
(d) A letter.
4. Why is Gramps worried as they drive into Idaho?
(a) They are not making good time.
(b) Gram seems ill.
(c) He is feeling carsick.
(d) The car is making squealing sounds.
5. Where do Sal and her grandparents stay on their first night in Idaho?
(a) Last Chance.
(c) Coeur d'Alene.
6. How does Phoebe feel when Mr. Birkway is done talking to her at her house?
7. What is draped on Margaret's sofa?
(a) A homemade afghan.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A bearskin.
8. Who is Mrs. Cadaver's brother?
(b) Sergeant Bickle.
(c) Mr. Birkway.
(d) Mr. Winterbottom.
9. What is Mrs. Finney wearing when Sal finds her?
(a) A hospital gown.
(b) A skirt and blouse.
(c) A pink robe.
10. How long does it take Sal to drive to Lewiston?
(a) Five hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two hours.
11. What does Phoebe call Sergeant Bickle when he does not seem to take her seriously?
12. At the end of the story, Sal says that she is jealous of how many things?
13. Where is the university located?
(c) Chanting Falls.
14. Sal asks Margaret what her plans are as far as what?
(a) A new house.
(d) Moving in with them.
15. Why did Sal's dog push her puppies away?
(a) She was weaning them.
(b) She did not like them.
(c) They bit her.
(d) She was dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal imagine Margaret doing?
2. What gift did Gramps give to Gram the night that she died?
3. What does Mrs. Winterbottom do in the middle of her conversation with Mike that disgusts Phoebe?
4. When Mrs. Winterbottom calls to say that she is coming home, she asks her family not to do what?
5. What happens between Sal and Ben at the hospital?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)