|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the message-leaver say that they left notes for Phoebe?
(a) They wanted to distract Phoebe from her schoolwork.
(b) They wanted to creep Sal and Phoebe out.
(c) They wanted them to think there was a mystery to solve.
(d) They thought they would be good surprises.
2. Who came to visit Gramps the day after Gram was buried?
(c) Sal's father.
(d) Mr. Winterbottom.
3. When Sal lies awake the whole night, who is she thinking about?
(a) Her father.
(b) Mr. Winterbottom.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Mrs. Cadaver.
4. Besides Ben and Phoebe, who does Sal write to?
(b) The boy from the riverbank.
(c) Mrs. Partridge.
(d) Her mother.
5. Mrs. Winterbottom finally reveals that Mike is whom?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her son.
6. When Sal tries to explain Mrs. Winterbottom's disappearance reasonably, how does Phoebe respond?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She punches Sal.
(c) She refuses to listen.
(d) She yells at Sal.
7. What does Sal end up kissing the first time she tries to kiss Ben?
(a) The floor.
(b) The locker.
(c) His lunchbox.
(d) His hand.
8. What happens between Sal and Ben at the hospital?
(a) They run into someone from school.
(b) The eat lunch.
(c) They have an argument.
(d) They kiss.
9. Who does Mrs. Partridge say had a similar face to Phoebe's face?
(a) Mr. Winterbottom.
(c) Mrs. Winterbottom.
10. How does Sal find out that Mike is Sergeant Bickle's son?
(a) She sees a picture of them together.
(b) Sergeant Bickle tells her.
(c) She finds Mike's birth certificate.
(d) A note on Phoebe's porch said so.
11. How long was Mrs. Cadaver trapped in the bus?
(a) One day.
(b) Nine hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two hours.
12. Who stops Gram from climbing under the rope at Old Faithful?
(b) A park ranger.
(d) Another tourist.
13. To what appliance does Sal compare Old Faithful?
(a) A hose.
(b) A shower.
(c) A radiator.
(d) A pump.
14. What does Phoebe's father do that is unusual the first time he meets Mike?
(b) Runs away.
(d) Orders him to leave.
15. Where does Sal tell Sergeant Bickle she met his son when she calls him?
(a) The library.
(b) On the bus.
(c) In class.
(d) The grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sheriff do when he sees Sal at the lookout?
2. Who is Mrs. Cadaver's brother?
3. What embarrassing thing does Mr. Birkway reveal in Sal's journal?
4. What was the name of the dog that Sal had as a child?
5. What did Sal hope would happen in Lewiston?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)