|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sal lies awake the whole night, who is she thinking about?
(a) Mr. Winterbottom.
(b) Her father.
(c) Mrs. Cadaver.
(d) Her mother.
2. How many numbers do Sal and Phoebe have to try before they call Sergeant Bickle's house?
3. When Sal tries to explain Mrs. Winterbottom's disappearance reasonably, how does Phoebe respond?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She punches Sal.
(c) She refuses to listen.
(d) She yells at Sal.
4. How many people survived the bus crash?
5. What did Sal hope would happen in Lewiston?
(a) She would bring her mother home.
(b) She's not sure.
(c) She would just talk to her mother.
(d) She would see if her mother was happy.
6. What art does Margaret have on her walls?
(a) Watercolor landscapes.
(b) Sketches of trees and flowers.
(c) Drawings of wild animals.
(d) Abstract paintings.
7. When Mrs. Winterbottom calls to say that she is coming home, how does Phoebe say that she sounded?
8. How does Sal find out that Mike is Sergeant Bickle's son?
(a) Sergeant Bickle tells her.
(b) She sees a picture of them together.
(c) She finds Mike's birth certificate.
(d) A note on Phoebe's porch said so.
9. What does the sheriff do when he sees Sal at the lookout?
(a) Threatens to call Sal's parents.
(b) Arrests Sal.
(c) Demands an explanation.
(d) Asks if she is ok.
10. Sal asks Margaret what her plans are as far as what?
(b) Moving in with them.
(d) A new house.
11. Where in the university do Sal and Phoebe try to find Mike?
(a) The cafeteria.
(b) The library.
(c) A classroom.
(d) The dorm.
12. Where does Sal tell Sergeant Bickle she met his son when she calls him?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) On the bus.
(c) The library.
(d) In class.
13. How does Mary Lou's journal offend Beth Ann?
(a) She says that Beth Ann steals things.
(b) She says that Beth Ann is boring.
(c) She says that Ben Ann is not funny.
(d) She says that Beth Ann is weird.
14. What is engraved on Sugar Hiddle's grave?
(a) A tulip.
(b) A maple tree.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A blackberry.
15. Who came to visit Gramps the day after Gram was buried?
(b) Sal's father.
(c) Mr. Winterbottom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Mrs. Cadaver trapped in the bus?
2. What does Phoebe call Sergeant Bickle when he does not seem to take her seriously?
3. What book do Sal and Phoebe see someone reading at Margaret's house?
4. What embarrassing thing does Mr. Birkway reveal in Sal's journal?
5. How does what happens between Sal and Ben make Sal feel?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)