|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sal's mother buried?
(c) Coeur d'Alene.
2. Sal thinks that she and her grandparents can get to Idaho on her mother's birthday, if she continuously does what?
(a) Asks where they are.
(c) Ignores her grandparents.
3. When Mrs. Winterbottom calls to say that she is coming home, she asks her family not to do what?
(a) Worry too much.
(b) Prejudge her.
(c) Clean up the house.
(d) Spend too much money.
4. Where does Sal tell Sergeant Bickle she met his son when she calls him?
(a) In class.
(b) The library.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) On the bus.
5. Sal asks Margaret what her plans are as far as what?
(a) Moving in with them.
(b) A new house.
6. What does Mr. Birkway do the day after he reads the journals?
(a) He reads his own journal.
(b) He lies and says that the journals were fake.
(c) He makes people read their own journals.
(d) He apologizes to the class.
7. What does Phoebe call Mrs. Cadaver in her journal?
(a) Mrs. Autopsy.
(b) Mrs. Grave.
(c) Mrs. Death.
(d) Mrs. Corpse.
8. To what appliance does Sal compare Old Faithful?
(a) A shower.
(b) A radiator.
(c) A pump.
(d) A hose.
9. What embarrassing thing does Mr. Birkway reveal in Sal's journal?
(a) Sal kisses trees.
(b) Sal cannot read very well.
(c) Sal cries every night.
(d) Sal likes Ben.
10. How does Phoebe feel when Mr. Birkway is done talking to her at her house?
11. What is different about how Mrs. Winterbottom looks when Phoebe sees her at the university?
(a) She has a tan.
(b) Her hair is longer.
(c) Her hair is shorter.
(d) She is wearing a lot of jewelry.
12. How does Mr. Birkway look when he visits Phoebe's house?
13. When Sal and her grandparents arrive at Old Faithful, how long does it take the geyser to erupt?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Thirty minutes.
14. How many people survived the bus crash?
15. What did Sal hope would happen in Lewiston?
(a) She would see if her mother was happy.
(b) She would bring her mother home.
(c) She's not sure.
(d) She would just talk to her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sits next to Phoebe when Mr. Birkway comes to visit?
2. What art does Margaret have on her walls?
3. How many numbers do Sal and Phoebe have to try before they call Sergeant Bickle's house?
4. On what day of her trip with her grandparents do they arrive at Yellowstone?
5. What does Beth Ann say about Mary Lou in her journal?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)