|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ben send Sal a valentine?
2. Sal says that her mother is not gone, but is actually where?
(a) In her heart.
(b) In the trees.
(c) In the air.
(d) Beside her.
3. What does Phoebe call Mrs. Cadaver in her journal?
(a) Mrs. Autopsy.
(b) Mrs. Death.
(c) Mrs. Corpse.
(d) Mrs. Grave.
4. When Sal lies awake the whole night, who is she thinking about?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Mr. Winterbottom.
(d) Mrs. Cadaver.
5. What was the name of the dog that Sal had as a child?
(a) Moody Blue.
(b) Huzza Huzza.
6. When Mrs. Winterbottom calls to say that she is coming home, she asks her family not to do what?
(a) Clean up the house.
(b) Worry too much.
(c) Spend too much money.
(d) Prejudge her.
7. Who stops Gram from climbing under the rope at Old Faithful?
(b) A park ranger.
(c) Another tourist.
8. What does Mr. Birkway do the day after he reads the journals?
(a) He apologizes to the class.
(b) He reads his own journal.
(c) He makes people read their own journals.
(d) He lies and says that the journals were fake.
9. What do Mr. Winterbottom and Prudence spend the night doing before Mrs. Winterbottom comes home?
(a) Watching TV.
(d) Looking at pictures.
10. What is engraved on Sugar Hiddle's grave?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A maple tree.
(c) A blackberry.
(d) A tulip.
11. Why does Christy's journal offend Mary Lou?
(a) She says Mary Lou is stupid.
(b) She said Mary Lou took the Lord's name in vain.
(c) She says that Mary Lou does not go to church.
(d) She says that Mary Lou is arrogant.
12. Who does Phoebe see Mike kissing at the university?
(c) Mrs. Partridge.
(d) Mrs. Winterbottom.
13. What happens between Sal and Ben at the hospital?
(a) They have an argument.
(b) The eat lunch.
(c) They run into someone from school.
(d) They kiss.
14. What does the sheriff do when he sees Sal at the lookout?
(a) Demands an explanation.
(b) Asks if she is ok.
(c) Threatens to call Sal's parents.
(d) Arrests Sal.
15. What does Phoebe's father do that is unusual the first time he meets Mike?
(a) Orders him to leave.
(b) Runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phoebe suddenly back out of finding Mike?
2. When Mrs. Winterbottom calls to say that she is coming home, how does Phoebe say that she sounded?
3. When Phoebe and Sal talk to the man at the desk at the university, what does he tell them?
4. How long have Gram and Gramps been married?
5. Where is Sal's mother buried?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)