|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is engraved on Sugar Hiddle's grave?
(a) A blackberry.
(b) A tulip.
(c) A maple tree.
(d) A chicken.
2. How long have Gram and Gramps been married?
(a) Forty-two years.
(b) Twenty-seven years.
(c) Fifty-one years.
(d) Thirty years.
3. What does Sergeant Bickle tell Sal about Mike?
(a) He tells her that Mike lives at home.
(b) He tells her that Mike does not like her.
(c) He tells her Mike's address.
(d) He tells her that Mike lives somewhere else now.
4. How many numbers do Sal and Phoebe have to try before they call Sergeant Bickle's house?
5. When Mrs. Winterbottom calls to say that she is coming home, how does Phoebe say that she sounded?
6. When Sal is at the lookout, where is the bus?
(a) At the bottom of the hill.
(b) A mile down the road.
(c) Across the road.
(d) In the next town.
7. What does Sal tell Sergeant Bickle is her name?
8. When Mrs. Winterbottom calls to say that she is coming home, she asks her family not to do what?
(a) Worry too much.
(b) Clean up the house.
(c) Prejudge her.
(d) Spend too much money.
9. How long does it take Sal to drive to Lewiston?
(a) Four hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Five hours.
10. How do Sal and Phoebe get to the university?
(a) Sal drives them.
(b) The train.
(c) Sal's father drives them.
(d) The bus.
11. When Mrs. Winterbottom first introduces Mike, how does Mr. Winterbottom look?
12. Why does the message-leaver say that they left notes for Phoebe?
(a) They wanted them to think there was a mystery to solve.
(b) They wanted to creep Sal and Phoebe out.
(c) They wanted to distract Phoebe from her schoolwork.
(d) They thought they would be good surprises.
13. What do Mr. Winterbottom and Prudence spend the night doing before Mrs. Winterbottom comes home?
(a) Watching TV.
(b) Looking at pictures.
14. When Phoebe and Sal talk to the man at the desk at the university, what does he tell them?
(a) Where Mike shops.
(b) Where Mike's room is.
(c) Where Mike hangs out.
(d) Where Mike studies.
15. How does Mr. Birkway look when he visits Phoebe's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Sal and Ben at the hospital?
2. What was the name of the dog that Sal had as a child?
3. Where in the university do Sal and Phoebe try to find Mike?
4. Who came to visit Gramps the day after Gram was buried?
5. What does Ben give Sal as a gift in Chapter 40?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)