|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sal and her grandparents stay on their first night in Idaho?
(a) Last Chance.
(b) Coeur d'Alene.
2. What book do Sal and Phoebe see someone reading at Margaret's house?
(a) Murder at the Monroe's.
(b) Murder at Midnight.
(c) The Pit and the Pendulum.
(d) The Last Defense.
3. Who do Phoebe and Sal run into when they break into Margaret's house?
(a) Mrs. Partridge.
(c) Mr. Birkway.
(d) Sal's father.
4. How do Sal and Phoebe get to the university?
(a) The train.
(b) The bus.
(c) Sal's father drives them.
(d) Sal drives them.
5. How does Sal find out that Mike is Sergeant Bickle's son?
(a) She finds Mike's birth certificate.
(b) A note on Phoebe's porch said so.
(c) Sergeant Bickle tells her.
(d) She sees a picture of them together.
6. What does the sheriff in Idaho make Sal promise?
(a) She won't drive until she's sixteen.
(b) She will ask her grandparents next time.
(c) To never come back.
(d) She won't drive ever again.
7. At the end of the story, Sal says that she is jealous of how many things?
8. Where does Sal find Ben and Mrs. Finney?
(a) The waiting room.
(b) The cafeteria.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The lobby.
9. What does Gramps name his new beagle puppy?
(a) Moody Blue.
(d) Huzza Huzza.
10. What does the sheriff do when he sees Sal at the lookout?
(a) Asks if she is ok.
(b) Arrests Sal.
(c) Demands an explanation.
(d) Threatens to call Sal's parents.
11. On an impulse, Sal asks the hospital receptionist for whom?
(a) Mrs. Winterbottom.
(b) Mr. Birkway.
(d) Mrs. Finney.
12. Why does Sal feel queasy when she and her grandparents drive through Montana?
(a) There is someone following them.
(b) She ate some bad food.
(c) She is nervous.
(d) The roads are curvy.
13. How does Prudence respond to Mike at first?
(a) She hits him.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She flirts with him.
(d) She yells at him.
14. When Sal and her grandparents arrive at Old Faithful, how long does it take the geyser to erupt?
(a) One hour.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Two minutes.
(d) Thirty minutes.
15. When does Ben send Sal a valentine?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Sal to drive to Lewiston?
2. How does Sal say that Gram looks on the way through Idaho?
3. Who came to visit Gramps the day after Gram was buried?
4. Why is Gramps worried as they drive into Idaho?
5. What does Gram say that Old Faithful looks like?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)