|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what body of water do Sal and her grandparents stop?
(a) Lake Huron.
(b) The Great Salt Lake.
(c) Lake Michigan.
(d) Lake Erie.
2. What flower does Sal's father leave at her place at the table?
(b) Black-eyed Susan.
3. Sal finds Mr. Birkway to be strange and _______.
4. What flavor does Sal detect in the kiss of all trees?
5. To what town do they detour just before reaching the South Dakota border?
(c) St. Paul.
(d) Sioux Falls.
6. To what state are Sal and her grandparents traveling?
7. How does Sal feel right after her mother leaves?
8. When Phoebe is driving Sal crazy, what does Ben think is her main problem?
(a) She's tired.
(b) She's lonely.
(c) She's in denial.
(d) She's too stuck-up.
9. Where does Phoebe tell the girls at school her mother went?
(a) A business trip.
(b) None of their business.
(d) New York.
10. What type of tree is the "singing tree"?
11. What name did Sal suggest for her sister?
12. What is Mary Lou's last name?
13. How does Sal's father describe Sal?
14. Why does Sal's father let her go on the trip with her grandparents?
(a) He wants Sal to learn how to drive.
(b) He thinks that Sal needs to bond with her grandparents.
(c) He does not think his parents can read maps.
(d) He wants a break from spending time with Sal.
15. What is the real age of Phoebe's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Phoebe first meets Sal, what does Phoebe call her?
2. In what event does Mary Lou's family participate at the school sports day?
3. Phoebe demands that her father calls __________.
4. Who teaches Sal how to drive?
5. Where did Sal grow up?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)