|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Phoebe's family best be described?
2. What is the name of the boy from the river?
(a) Alex Cheevey.
(b) Tom Fleet.
(c) Tom Fleece.
(d) Tim Fleet.
3. Phoebe demands that her father calls __________.
(a) The police.
(b) Mrs. Cadaver.
(c) The lunatic.
(d) The FBI.
4. How is Phoebe's journal decorated?
(a) It is plain.
(b) A cartoon is drawn on it.
(c) With pictures of male models.
(d) With stars and rainbows.
5. On Saturday, the girls notice Mrs. Cadaver doing what?
(a) Puttering around her garden.
(b) Committing a murder.
(c) Cleaning the garage.
(d) Painting the house.
6. What does Sal dream about the night they sleep in the water bed?
(a) Floating down a river.
(b) Floating in the water at the beach.
7. How does Sal feel right after her mother leaves?
8. What did Sal's mother want to do the day before she left?
(a) Look through Sal's baby pictures.
(b) Go shopping.
(c) Take Sal to dinner.
(d) Take a walk in the fields with Sal.
9. According to Ben's report, what was the only thing left in Pandora's box?
10. To what state are Sal and her grandparents traveling?
11. What changes as they travel through South Dakota towards the Badlands?
(a) The weather.
(c) Their route.
(d) The whispers.
12. Why is Sal unhappy about sightseeing in Madison?
(a) She does not like the atmosphere in Madison.
(b) She thinks that Madison is boring.
(c) She does not think that her grandparents are taking enough time at each tourist spot.
(d) She thinks they are not traveling fast enough.
13. What type of stories did Sal's mother enjoy reading?
(a) Stories about cowboys and Indians.
(b) Stories about reincarnation.
14. What do Christy and Megan call their club?
15. How old did the man at the State Fair guess that Phoebe's father was?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe do all weekend at Sal's house?
2. Why were Sal's grandparents stopped by the police while driving?
3. The day her mother made brownies, where was Prudence prior to returning home?
4. How many other sons did Sal's grandparents have?
5. When Phoebe goes downstairs to say goodnight to her father, what does she notice he had been doing?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)