|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sal react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
(a) She say it is terrifying.
(b) She says that it is murder.
(c) She says that it is boring.
(d) She says that the man died naturally.
2. At what body of water do Sal and her grandparents stop?
(a) Lake Huron.
(b) Lake Michigan.
(c) The Great Salt Lake.
(d) Lake Erie.
3. How does Mr. Winterbottom look when he is called to the police station to get Phoebe and Sal?
4. After Mrs. Winterbottom left, Sal returned to find her father slumped over what?
(a) The photo album.
(b) The stove.
(c) A chair.
(d) A new book.
5. How long did Gramps follow Gram before asking her father for permission to marry her?
(a) 22 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 22 weeks.
6. Why does Sal's father let her go on the trip with her grandparents?
(a) He wants Sal to learn how to drive.
(b) He wants a break from spending time with Sal.
(c) He thinks that Sal needs to bond with her grandparents.
(d) He does not think his parents can read maps.
7. What type of tree is the "singing tree"?
8. To what town do they detour just before reaching the South Dakota border?
(b) St. Paul.
(d) Sioux Falls.
9. When Phoebe is driving Sal crazy, what does Ben think is her main problem?
(a) She's tired.
(b) She's too stuck-up.
(c) She's lonely.
(d) She's in denial.
10. How is Phoebe's journal decorated?
(a) With stars and rainbows.
(b) It is plain.
(c) A cartoon is drawn on it.
(d) With pictures of male models.
11. What is the name of the boy from the river?
(a) Alex Cheevey.
(b) Tom Fleece.
(c) Tom Fleet.
(d) Tim Fleet.
12. What's written on the letter that Phoebe's mother Mrs. Winterbottom left for Mr. Winterbottom.
(a) "Please pick up some milk."
(b) "I never want to see you again."
(c) "I'll call you in a few days."
(d) "I'm leaving you."
13. According to Ben's report, what was the only thing left in Pandora's box?
14. Why is Sal unhappy about sightseeing in Madison?
(a) She thinks that Madison is boring.
(b) She does not think that her grandparents are taking enough time at each tourist spot.
(c) She does not like the atmosphere in Madison.
(d) She thinks they are not traveling fast enough.
15. How is the Finney household best described?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what state are Sal and her grandparents traveling?
2. What does Phoebe imagine that Mrs. Cadaver and Mr. Birkway may be doing?
3. How long was Gramps' father gone when his friend questioned his whereabouts?
4. Whom did Mrs. Winterbottom call to let her family know she was okay?
5. What friend of Gram's didn't want her to marry Gramps?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)