|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mrs. Winterbottom left, Sal returned to find her father slumped over what?
(a) The photo album.
(b) The stove.
(c) A chair.
(d) A new book.
2. While Phoebe, Ben, Mary Lou, and Sal were walking home from school, who did they run in to?
(a) Sal's father.
(b) Mr. Birkway.
(c) The "lunatic."
(d) Mrs. Cadaver.
3. What type of tree is the "singing tree"?
4. What did Mr. Birkway ask everyone to do in 15 seconds?
(a) Write a paragraph.
(b) Find Egypt on the map.
(c) Draw something.
(d) Name three authors.
5. How does Sal's father describe Sal?
6. What is on Sal's desk at school shortly after school begins?
(a) A spider.
(b) A ribbon.
(c) A bee.
7. What does Sergeant Bickle do when Phoebe presents evidence that her mother was kidnapped?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He shushes them.
(c) He twitches the corners of his mouth.
(d) He throws his hands in the air.
8. When Phoebe goes downstairs to say goodnight to her father, what does she notice he had been doing?
(a) Playing cards.
(d) Writing a letter.
9. What does Sal dream about the night they sleep in the water bed?
(a) Floating in the water at the beach.
(b) Floating down a river.
10. What color is the cardigan that Phoebe finds on the chair?
11. Who wrote the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
12. What did Sal's mother want to do the day before she left?
(a) Go shopping.
(b) Look through Sal's baby pictures.
(c) Take a walk in the fields with Sal.
(d) Take Sal to dinner.
13. The girls overhear Mrs. Winterbottom ask what question of Prudence?
(a) "Do you think I look fat in this?"
(b) "Do you think I lead a tiny life?"
(c) "Do you think I'm stupid?"
(d) "Do you find me boring?"
14. How long was Gramps' father gone when his friend questioned his whereabouts?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six years.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Six days.
15. What does Phoebe do all weekend at Sal's house?
(b) Makes jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many brothers does Mary Lou have?
2. What is Mary Lou's last name?
3. Sal finds Mr. Birkway to be strange and _______.
4. What happens to Gram at the Missouri River in South Dakota?
5. On what day of their trip do Sal and her grandparents reach Mount Rushmore?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)