|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boy from the river?
(a) Tim Fleet.
(b) Tom Fleet.
(c) Alex Cheevey.
(d) Tom Fleece.
2. What color is the cardigan that Phoebe finds on the chair?
3. How old is Sal when the story begins?
4. What is hidden under the floorboards of Sal's room along with her mother's hair?
(b) Her journal.
5. How old did the man at the State Fair guess that Phoebe's father was?
6. What is Mary Lou's last name?
7. Where does Phoebe say her mother went to while in England?
(a) Big Ben.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) Shakespeare's birthplace.
8. At what body of water do Sal and her grandparents stop?
(a) Lake Huron.
(b) The Great Salt Lake.
(c) Lake Michigan.
(d) Lake Erie.
9. What flower does Sal's father leave at her place at the table?
(b) Black-eyed Susan.
10. What type of stories did Sal's mother enjoy reading?
(b) Stories about cowboys and Indians.
(d) Stories about reincarnation.
11. When Phoebe first meets Sal, what does Phoebe call her?
12. How is the Finney household best described?
13. Where did Sal grow up?
(a) Allentown, Pennsylvania.
(b) Salem, Massachusetts.
(c) Euclid, Ohio.
(d) Bybanks, Kentucky.
14. What does Sergeant Bickle do when Phoebe presents evidence that her mother was kidnapped?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He shushes them.
(c) He twitches the corners of his mouth.
(d) He throws his hands in the air.
15. By when does Sal want to get to Lewiston?
(b) Her grandmother's birthday.
(d) Her mother's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Sal suggest for her sister?
2. What's written on the letter that Phoebe's mother Mrs. Winterbottom left for Mr. Winterbottom.
3. How does Sal react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
4. What did Sal's mother leave for her when she left?
5. What did Sal's mother want to do the day before she left?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)