|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Christy and Megan call their club?
2. What does Phoebe lecture the Finneys about?
(a) High blood pressure.
(d) Household safety.
3. What does Mrs. Winterbottom do after the Phoebe and Sal return home from school?
(a) Cook dinner.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Lock the doors.
(d) Get a gun.
4. How many other sons did Sal's grandparents have?
5. At what body of water do Sal and her grandparents stop?
(a) The Great Salt Lake.
(b) Lake Erie.
(c) Lake Huron.
(d) Lake Michigan.
6. What did Sal's mother want to do the day before she left?
(a) Take a walk in the fields with Sal.
(b) Look through Sal's baby pictures.
(c) Take Sal to dinner.
(d) Go shopping.
7. How long before the story begins did Sal and her father move?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Three months.
8. What color is the cardigan that Phoebe finds on the chair?
9. What name did Sal suggest for her sister?
10. While Phoebe, Ben, Mary Lou, and Sal were walking home from school, who did they run in to?
(a) Sal's father.
(b) Mr. Birkway.
(c) The "lunatic."
(d) Mrs. Cadaver.
11. How long did Gramps follow Gram before asking her father for permission to marry her?
(a) 22 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 22 days.
12. What did Sal's mother leave for her when she left?
(a) A picture.
(b) A book.
(c) A locket.
(d) A letter.
13. How does Sal feel right after her mother leaves?
14. What is Mary Lou's last name?
15. After Mrs. Winterbottom left, Sal returned to find her father slumped over what?
(a) A new book.
(b) The stove.
(c) A chair.
(d) The photo album.
Short Answer Questions
1. After they move, what does Sal's father do for a living?
2. Why does Sal's father let her go on the trip with her grandparents?
3. At what site do Sal and her Gram stop after they leave Madison?
4. For whom is the young man on Phoebe's porch looking?
5. What is the maiden name of Sal's mother?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)