|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sal's mother want to do the day before she left?
(a) Take a walk in the fields with Sal.
(b) Look through Sal's baby pictures.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Take Sal to dinner.
2. How long did Sal's father have his car?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 15 years.
3. What does Gramps offer the boy from the river at the hospital?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(c) An invitation to join them.
(d) Ten dollars.
4. How many other sons did Sal's grandparents have?
5. At what site do Sal and her Gram stop after they leave Madison?
(a) Museum of Woodcarving.
(b) The Wisconsin Dells.
(c) House on the Rock.
(d) Rhinelander Logging Museum.
6. What friend of Gram's didn't want her to marry Gramps?
7. What flower does Sal's father leave at her place at the table?
(c) Black-eyed Susan.
8. According to Ben's report, what was the only thing left in Pandora's box?
9. When Phoebe first meets Sal, what does Phoebe call her?
10. What is Mary Lou's last name?
11. What happened to Sal three weeks before her baby sibling was due?
(a) She broke her arm.
(b) She lost her mother's locket.
(c) She broke her leg.
(d) She found money in the woods.
12. What is the maiden name of Sal's mother?
13. Who teaches Sal how to drive?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
14. Sal finds Mr. Birkway to be strange and _______.
15. What type of stories did Sal's mother enjoy reading?
(b) Stories about reincarnation.
(d) Stories about cowboys and Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what town do they detour just before reaching the South Dakota border?
2. What does Sal dream about the night they sleep in the water bed?
3. How does Sal feel right after her mother leaves?
4. What object do the girls see Ben lift from the sidewalk?
5. How would Phoebe's family best be described?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)