|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Phoebe and Sal have for dinner at the Finney's house?
(a) Fried chicken.
(c) Tuna noodle casserole.
2. What is hidden under the floorboards of Sal's room along with her mother's hair?
(a) Her journal.
3. What does Phoebe lecture the Finneys about?
(b) Household safety.
(c) High blood pressure.
4. What does Phoebe imagine that Mrs. Cadaver and Mr. Birkway may be doing?
(b) Disguising her husband's grave with a rhododendron.
(c) Writing a mystery novel.
(d) Having an affair.
5. How does Mr. Winterbottom look when he is called to the police station to get Phoebe and Sal?
6. The girls overhear Mrs. Winterbottom ask what question of Prudence?
(a) "Do you find me boring?"
(b) "Do you think I lead a tiny life?"
(c) "Do you think I'm stupid?"
(d) "Do you think I look fat in this?"
7. What type of tree is the "singing tree"?
8. What was in Lewiston, Idaho, for Sal's mother?
(a) An ex-boyfriend.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A new job.
(d) A brother.
9. What do Christy and Megan call their club?
10. What does Phoebe do all weekend at Sal's house?
(d) Makes jokes.
11. Both Phoebe and Sal rationalized that their mothers wouldn't leave without their favorite what?
12. When Phoebe first meets Sal, what does Phoebe call her?
13. How does Ben react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
(a) He say it is terrifying.
(b) He says that it is boring.
(c) He says that it is murder.
(d) He says that the man died naturally.
14. What did Mr. Birkway ask everyone to do in 15 seconds?
(a) Find Egypt on the map.
(b) Name three authors.
(c) Draw something.
(d) Write a paragraph.
15. What happens to Gram at the Missouri River in South Dakota?
(a) She's bitten by a water moccasin.
(b) She breaks her leg.
(c) She's bitten by a rattlesnake.
(d) She nearly drowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phoebe refuse her mother's brownie?
2. Why is Sal unhappy about sightseeing in Madison?
3. What did Sal's mother want to do the day before she left?
4. What's written on the letter that Phoebe's mother Mrs. Winterbottom left for Mr. Winterbottom.
5. How would Phoebe's family best be described?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)