|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What friend of Gram's didn't want her to marry Gramps?
2. What do Christy and Megan call their club?
3. What name did Sal suggest for her sister?
4. Whom did Mrs. Winterbottom call to let her family know she was okay?
(a) Mr. Winterbottom.
(d) Mr. Birkway.
5. In what city were Sal's grandparents arrested?
(a) New York City.
(b) Washington, D.C.
6. What do Phoebe and Sal have for dinner at the Finney's house?
(a) Tuna noodle casserole.
(b) Fried chicken.
7. To what state are Sal and her grandparents traveling?
8. What is Mary Lou's last name?
9. What does Gram threaten to do when Gramps swears too much?
(a) Break his legs.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Go back to the egg man.
(d) Find a new man.
10. When returning from the drug store, Ben comments that Sal does what every time someone touches her?
(d) Runs away.
11. How does Sal's father describe Sal?
12. How does Phoebe react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
(a) She says that it is murder.
(b) She says that it is boring.
(c) She says that the man died naturally.
(d) She say it is terrifying.
13. How does Mr. Winterbottom look when he is called to the police station to get Phoebe and Sal?
14. How old is Sal when the story begins?
15. What flower does Sal's father leave at her place at the table?
(b) Black-eyed Susan.
Short Answer Questions
1. After they move, what does Sal's father do for a living?
2. What is hidden under the floorboards of Sal's room along with her mother's hair?
3. With whom does Mary Lou go out on a date?
4. The day her mother made brownies, where was Prudence prior to returning home?
5. About how old is the young man who rings Phoebe's doorbell?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)