|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sal's mother want to do the day before she left?
(a) Take a walk in the fields with Sal.
(b) Go shopping.
(c) Look through Sal's baby pictures.
(d) Take Sal to dinner.
2. Where does Phoebe tell the girls at school her mother went?
(a) None of their business.
(c) New York.
(d) A business trip.
3. Both Phoebe and Sal rationalized that their mothers wouldn't leave without their favorite what?
4. In what city were Sal's grandparents arrested?
(a) New York City.
(b) Washington, D.C.
5. What does Phoebe imagine that Mrs. Cadaver and Mr. Birkway may be doing?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Writing a mystery novel.
(c) Disguising her husband's grave with a rhododendron.
6. When Phoebe goes downstairs to say goodnight to her father, what does she notice he had been doing?
(b) Playing cards.
(d) Writing a letter.
7. In what event does Mary Lou's family participate at the school sports day?
(a) Egg throw.
(b) Three-legged race.
8. How long was Gramps' father gone when his friend questioned his whereabouts?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six days.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Six years.
9. When Phoebe is driving Sal crazy, what does Ben think is her main problem?
(a) She's lonely.
(b) She's in denial.
(c) She's too stuck-up.
(d) She's tired.
10. What does Mrs. Winterbottom do after the Phoebe and Sal return home from school?
(a) Lock the doors.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Cook dinner.
(d) Get a gun.
11. What is the real age of Phoebe's father?
12. How many brothers does Mary Lou have?
13. The first day of school after her mother left, Phoebe's expression was?
(a) A sealed, thin smile.
(d) Cold and blank.
14. Why does Phoebe refuse her mother's brownie?
(a) She thinks she is too fat.
(b) She doesn't like her mother's baking.
(c) She isn't hungry.
(d) She just had a snack.
15. What does Phoebe lecture the Finneys about?
(c) Household safety.
(d) High blood pressure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sal react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
2. What color is the cardigan that Phoebe finds on the chair?
3. When returning from the drug store, Ben comments that Sal does what every time someone touches her?
4. What does Phoebe do all weekend at Sal's house?
5. According to Ben's report, what was the only thing left in Pandora's box?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)