Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sal unhappy about sightseeing in Madison?
(a) She does not like the atmosphere in Madison.
(b) She does not think that her grandparents are taking enough time at each tourist spot.
(c) She thinks they are not traveling fast enough.
(d) She thinks that Madison is boring.
2. Who wrote the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
3. About how old is the young man who rings Phoebe's doorbell?
4. How does Sal react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
(a) She says that the man died naturally.
(b) She says that it is murder.
(c) She say it is terrifying.
(d) She says that it is boring.
5. While Phoebe, Ben, Mary Lou, and Sal were walking home from school, who did they run in to?
(a) Mr. Birkway.
(b) Mrs. Cadaver.
(c) Sal's father.
(d) The "lunatic."
6. What was in Lewiston, Idaho, for Sal's mother?
(a) A cousin.
(b) An ex-boyfriend.
(c) A brother.
(d) A new job.
7. Why does Sal's father let her go on the trip with her grandparents?
(a) He wants a break from spending time with Sal.
(b) He wants Sal to learn how to drive.
(c) He thinks that Sal needs to bond with her grandparents.
(d) He does not think his parents can read maps.
8. What flower does Sal's father leave at her place at the table?
(c) Black-eyed Susan.
9. What does Phoebe imagine that Mrs. Cadaver and Mr. Birkway may be doing?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Disguising her husband's grave with a rhododendron.
(c) Writing a mystery novel.
10. What is the name of the boy from the river?
(a) Tom Fleet.
(b) Tom Fleece.
(c) Tim Fleet.
(d) Alex Cheevey.
11. When returning from the drug store, Ben comments that Sal does what every time someone touches her?
(a) Runs away.
12. How long was Gramps' father gone when his friend questioned his whereabouts?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six years.
(d) Six days.
13. How does Sal feel right after her mother leaves?
14. The day her mother made brownies, where was Prudence prior to returning home?
(a) Cheerleading tryouts.
(b) The library.
(c) The movies.
(d) A date.
15. What is the maiden name of Sal's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe do all weekend at Sal's house?
2. When Phoebe is driving Sal crazy, what does Ben think is her main problem?
3. How long did Sal's father have his car?
4. How does Ben react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
5. How long before the story begins did Sal and her father move?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)