|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Sal's father have his car?
(a) 16 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 12 years.
2. When Phoebe is driving Sal crazy, what does Ben think is her main problem?
(a) She's tired.
(b) She's in denial.
(c) She's too stuck-up.
(d) She's lonely.
3. In what event does Mary Lou's family participate at the school sports day?
(a) Three-legged race.
(b) Egg throw.
4. What does Sal notice about her father in the garage when she returns home?
(a) He was crying.
(b) He was angry.
(c) He was laughing.
(d) He was lazy.
5. What does Gram threaten to do when Gramps swears too much?
(a) Go back to the egg man.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Break his legs.
(d) Find a new man.
6. What happened to Sal three weeks before her baby sibling was due?
(a) She broke her arm.
(b) She lost her mother's locket.
(c) She found money in the woods.
(d) She broke her leg.
7. What is Mary Lou's last name?
8. How old did the man at the State Fair guess that Phoebe's father was?
9. What was in Lewiston, Idaho, for Sal's mother?
(a) A cousin.
(b) A brother.
(c) An ex-boyfriend.
(d) A new job.
10. What do Phoebe and Sal have for dinner at the Finney's house?
(a) Fried chicken.
(b) Tuna noodle casserole.
11. When Phoebe goes downstairs to say goodnight to her father, what does she notice he had been doing?
(b) Playing cards.
(d) Writing a letter.
12. What does Sergeant Bickle do when Phoebe presents evidence that her mother was kidnapped?
(a) He throws his hands in the air.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He twitches the corners of his mouth.
(d) He shushes them.
13. Where does Phoebe say her mother went to while in England?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Shakespeare's birthplace.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) The Tower of London.
14. What did Sal's mother leave for her when she left?
(a) A letter.
(b) A locket.
(c) A book.
(d) A picture.
15. What type of tree is the "singing tree"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hidden under the floorboards of Sal's room along with her mother's hair?
2. What does Phoebe lecture the Finneys about?
3. Whom did Mrs. Winterbottom call to let her family know she was okay?
4. By when does Sal want to get to Lewiston?
5. Who teaches Sal how to drive?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)