|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sal react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
(a) She say it is terrifying.
(b) She says that it is boring.
(c) She says that it is murder.
(d) She says that the man died naturally.
2. What color is the cardigan that Phoebe finds on the chair?
3. How old did the man at the State Fair guess that Phoebe's father was?
4. Why were Sal's grandparents stopped by the police while driving?
(a) They were driving too slowly.
(b) They were driving on the shoulder.
(c) They were swerving back and forth.
(d) They were speeding.
5. On what day of their trip do Sal and her grandparents reach Mount Rushmore?
(a) The second day.
(b) The sixth day.
(c) The third day.
(d) The fifth day.
6. At what hotel do Sal and her grandparents stay outside of Chicago?
(a) Sleepy Inn.
(b) Day's Inn.
(c) Howard Johnson.
(d) Super 8 Motel.
7. What name did Sal suggest for her sister?
8. To what town do they detour just before reaching the South Dakota border?
(a) St. Paul.
(c) Sioux Falls.
9. What's written on the letter that Phoebe's mother Mrs. Winterbottom left for Mr. Winterbottom.
(a) "I'll call you in a few days."
(b) "I'm leaving you."
(c) "I never want to see you again."
(d) "Please pick up some milk."
10. Phoebe demands that her father calls __________.
(a) Mrs. Cadaver.
(b) The lunatic.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The police.
11. With whom does Mary Lou go out on a date?
(a) An older boy at school.
(d) The lunatic.
12. When having dinner at Phoebe's, what food reminds Sal of her mother?
(d) Chocolate cake.
13. When Phoebe is driving Sal crazy, what does Ben think is her main problem?
(a) She's in denial.
(b) She's too stuck-up.
(c) She's lonely.
(d) She's tired.
14. What is the real age of Phoebe's father?
15. What changes as they travel through South Dakota towards the Badlands?
(a) Their route.
(b) The weather.
(c) The whispers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe lecture the Finneys about?
2. How long did Sal's father have his car?
3. In what event does Mary Lou's family participate at the school sports day?
4. Whom did Mrs. Winterbottom call to let her family know she was okay?
5. What did Sal's mother leave for her when she left?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)