|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Phoebe's family best be described?
2. When Phoebe is driving Sal crazy, what does Ben think is her main problem?
(a) She's in denial.
(b) She's lonely.
(c) She's too stuck-up.
(d) She's tired.
3. Where does Phoebe tell the girls at school her mother went?
(a) None of their business.
(c) New York.
(d) A business trip.
4. How does Mr. Winterbottom look when he is called to the police station to get Phoebe and Sal?
5. What friend of Gram's didn't want her to marry Gramps?
6. Sal finds Mr. Birkway to be strange and _______.
7. Why does Sal's father let her go on the trip with her grandparents?
(a) He wants a break from spending time with Sal.
(b) He does not think his parents can read maps.
(c) He thinks that Sal needs to bond with her grandparents.
(d) He wants Sal to learn how to drive.
8. How does Sal feel right after her mother leaves?
9. How do Sal and her grandparents react to seeing Mount Rushmore?
(a) They are disappointed.
(b) They want to explore the landmark for hours.
(c) They are angry.
(d) They are in awe.
10. How many other sons did Sal's grandparents have?
11. When Phoebe first meets Sal, what does Phoebe call her?
12. When Phoebe goes downstairs to say goodnight to her father, what does she notice he had been doing?
(b) Playing cards.
(c) Writing a letter.
13. Who teaches Sal how to drive?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
14. Where does Phoebe say her mother went to while in England?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Shakespeare's birthplace.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) Big Ben.
15. At what hotel do Sal and her grandparents stay outside of Chicago?
(a) Day's Inn.
(b) Howard Johnson.
(c) Sleepy Inn.
(d) Super 8 Motel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the cardigan that Phoebe finds on the chair?
2. To what state are Sal and her grandparents traveling?
3. With whom does Mary Lou go out on a date?
4. What happened to Sal three weeks before her baby sibling was due?
5. At what site do Sal and her Gram stop after they leave Madison?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)