|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Sal three weeks before her baby sibling was due?
(a) She broke her arm.
(b) She lost her mother's locket.
(c) She broke her leg.
(d) She found money in the woods.
2. Why were Sal's grandparents stopped by the police while driving?
(a) They were driving on the shoulder.
(b) They were swerving back and forth.
(c) They were driving too slowly.
(d) They were speeding.
3. How is Phoebe's journal decorated?
(a) With pictures of male models.
(b) It is plain.
(c) With stars and rainbows.
(d) A cartoon is drawn on it.
4. What was drawn inside the shape of the drawing that Sal thought was Phoebe's?
(a) A heart.
(b) A star.
(c) A triangle.
(d) A teardrop.
5. Phoebe demands that her father calls __________.
(a) Mrs. Cadaver.
(b) The lunatic.
(c) The police.
(d) The FBI.
6. What do Christy and Megan call their club?
7. What did Sal's mother want to do the day before she left?
(a) Look through Sal's baby pictures.
(b) Go shopping.
(c) Take Sal to dinner.
(d) Take a walk in the fields with Sal.
8. What type of tree is the "singing tree"?
9. In what event does Mary Lou's family participate at the school sports day?
(b) Egg throw.
(d) Three-legged race.
10. Why is Sal unhappy about sightseeing in Madison?
(a) She thinks that Madison is boring.
(b) She does not think that her grandparents are taking enough time at each tourist spot.
(c) She does not like the atmosphere in Madison.
(d) She thinks they are not traveling fast enough.
11. What flower does Sal's father leave at her place at the table?
(a) Black-eyed Susan.
12. How many other sons did Sal's grandparents have?
13. While Phoebe, Ben, Mary Lou, and Sal were walking home from school, who did they run in to?
(a) Sal's father.
(b) Mr. Birkway.
(c) The "lunatic."
(d) Mrs. Cadaver.
14. Whom did Mrs. Winterbottom call to let her family know she was okay?
(a) Mr. Birkway.
(c) Mr. Winterbottom.
15. What does Phoebe do all weekend at Sal's house?
(b) Makes jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friend of Gram's didn't want her to marry Gramps?
2. Where did Sal grow up?
3. About how old is the young man who rings Phoebe's doorbell?
4. What do Phoebe and Sal have for dinner at the Finney's house?
5. When returning from the drug store, Ben comments that Sal does what every time someone touches her?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)