|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flavor does Sal detect in the kiss of all trees?
2. What is Mary Lou's last name?
3. How would Phoebe's family best be described?
4. How do Sal and her grandparents react to seeing Mount Rushmore?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are in awe.
(c) They are disappointed.
(d) They want to explore the landmark for hours.
5. On Saturday, the girls notice Mrs. Cadaver doing what?
(a) Committing a murder.
(b) Painting the house.
(c) Cleaning the garage.
(d) Puttering around her garden.
6. What happens to Gram at the Missouri River in South Dakota?
(a) She nearly drowns.
(b) She breaks her leg.
(c) She's bitten by a rattlesnake.
(d) She's bitten by a water moccasin.
7. What does Gram threaten to do when Gramps swears too much?
(a) Go back to the egg man.
(b) Find a new man.
(c) Break his legs.
(d) Go to sleep.
8. At what site do Sal and her Gram stop after they leave Madison?
(a) House on the Rock.
(b) Museum of Woodcarving.
(c) The Wisconsin Dells.
(d) Rhinelander Logging Museum.
9. What name did Sal suggest for her sister?
10. At what hotel do Sal and her grandparents stay outside of Chicago?
(a) Day's Inn.
(b) Super 8 Motel.
(c) Howard Johnson.
(d) Sleepy Inn.
11. What object do the girls see Ben lift from the sidewalk?
(a) An ax.
(b) A bat.
(c) A stick.
(d) A machete.
12. Why does Sal's father let her go on the trip with her grandparents?
(a) He wants a break from spending time with Sal.
(b) He does not think his parents can read maps.
(c) He thinks that Sal needs to bond with her grandparents.
(d) He wants Sal to learn how to drive.
13. The day her mother made brownies, where was Prudence prior to returning home?
(a) A date.
(b) The movies.
(c) The library.
(d) Cheerleading tryouts.
14. In what event does Mary Lou's family participate at the school sports day?
(a) Three-legged race.
(d) Egg throw.
15. What is on Sal's desk at school shortly after school begins?
(a) A ribbon.
(c) A spider.
(d) A bee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What's written on the letter that Phoebe's mother Mrs. Winterbottom left for Mr. Winterbottom.
2. What do Christy and Megan call their club?
3. On what day of their trip do Sal and her grandparents reach Mount Rushmore?
4. What does Phoebe lecture the Finneys about?
5. Why is Sal unhappy about sightseeing in Madison?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)