|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Phoebe say her mother went to while in England?
(a) The Tower of London.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) Shakespeare's birthplace.
(d) Big Ben.
2. What changes as they travel through South Dakota towards the Badlands?
(a) Their route.
(b) The whispers.
(d) The weather.
3. To what state are Sal and her grandparents traveling?
4. Phoebe demands that her father calls __________.
(a) The lunatic.
(b) The police.
(c) Mrs. Cadaver.
(d) The FBI.
5. When Phoebe is driving Sal crazy, what does Ben think is her main problem?
(a) She's tired.
(b) She's too stuck-up.
(c) She's in denial.
(d) She's lonely.
6. How is the Finney household best described?
7. What's written on the letter that Phoebe's mother Mrs. Winterbottom left for Mr. Winterbottom.
(a) "Please pick up some milk."
(b) "I'll call you in a few days."
(c) "I never want to see you again."
(d) "I'm leaving you."
8. What does Sergeant Bickle do when Phoebe presents evidence that her mother was kidnapped?
(a) He throws his hands in the air.
(b) He shushes them.
(c) He twitches the corners of his mouth.
(d) He laughs.
9. What happened to Sal three weeks before her baby sibling was due?
(a) She broke her leg.
(b) She broke her arm.
(c) She lost her mother's locket.
(d) She found money in the woods.
10. How many other sons did Sal's grandparents have?
11. What is Mary Lou's last name?
12. What was in Lewiston, Idaho, for Sal's mother?
(a) A brother.
(b) A cousin.
(c) An ex-boyfriend.
(d) A new job.
13. At what body of water do Sal and her grandparents stop?
(a) Lake Erie.
(b) The Great Salt Lake.
(c) Lake Huron.
(d) Lake Michigan.
14. What did Sal's mother leave for her when she left?
(a) A book.
(b) A letter.
(c) A picture.
(d) A locket.
15. How long before the story begins did Sal and her father move?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe lecture the Finneys about?
2. What type of stories did Sal's mother enjoy reading?
3. What does Gram threaten to do when Gramps swears too much?
4. Why were Sal's grandparents stopped by the police while driving?
5. The girls overhear Mrs. Winterbottom ask what question of Prudence?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)