|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Phoebe, Ben, Mary Lou, and Sal were walking home from school, who did they run in to?
(a) The "lunatic."
(b) Sal's father.
(c) Mr. Birkway.
(d) Mrs. Cadaver.
2. What changes as they travel through South Dakota towards the Badlands?
(a) The weather.
(b) The whispers.
(c) Their route.
3. To what state are Sal and her grandparents traveling?
4. What did Sal's mother leave for her when she left?
(a) A picture.
(b) A book.
(c) A locket.
(d) A letter.
5. What happened to Sal three weeks before her baby sibling was due?
(a) She broke her leg.
(b) She lost her mother's locket.
(c) She found money in the woods.
(d) She broke her arm.
6. Phoebe demands that her father calls __________.
(a) Mrs. Cadaver.
(b) The police.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The lunatic.
7. How does Sal react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
(a) She says that the man died naturally.
(b) She say it is terrifying.
(c) She says that it is boring.
(d) She says that it is murder.
8. Who teaches Sal how to drive?
(a) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
9. How does Ben react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
(a) He says that it is boring.
(b) He say it is terrifying.
(c) He says that it is murder.
(d) He says that the man died naturally.
10. What name did Sal suggest for her sister?
11. Why is Sal unhappy about sightseeing in Madison?
(a) She does not think that her grandparents are taking enough time at each tourist spot.
(b) She does not like the atmosphere in Madison.
(c) She thinks they are not traveling fast enough.
(d) She thinks that Madison is boring.
12. What does Sergeant Bickle do when Phoebe presents evidence that her mother was kidnapped?
(a) He twitches the corners of his mouth.
(b) He throws his hands in the air.
(c) He shushes them.
(d) He laughs.
13. How would Phoebe's family best be described?
14. How does Mr. Winterbottom look when he is called to the police station to get Phoebe and Sal?
15. Why were Sal's grandparents stopped by the police while driving?
(a) They were speeding.
(b) They were driving too slowly.
(c) They were driving on the shoulder.
(d) They were swerving back and forth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Phoebe say her mother went to while in England?
2. How long was Gramps' father gone when his friend questioned his whereabouts?
3. When having dinner at Phoebe's, what food reminds Sal of her mother?
4. What does Gramps offer the boy from the river at the hospital?
5. The day her mother made brownies, where was Prudence prior to returning home?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)