|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sal notice about her father in the garage when she returns home?
(a) He was lazy.
(b) He was laughing.
(c) He was angry.
(d) He was crying.
2. What does Phoebe do all weekend at Sal's house?
(d) Makes jokes.
3. After Mrs. Winterbottom left, Sal returned to find her father slumped over what?
(a) The photo album.
(b) A new book.
(c) A chair.
(d) The stove.
4. What did Mr. Birkway ask everyone to do in 15 seconds?
(a) Name three authors.
(b) Find Egypt on the map.
(c) Write a paragraph.
(d) Draw something.
5. Who teaches Sal how to drive?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
6. When returning from the drug store, Ben comments that Sal does what every time someone touches her?
(d) Runs away.
7. Both Phoebe and Sal rationalized that their mothers wouldn't leave without their favorite what?
8. What color is the cardigan that Phoebe finds on the chair?
9. When Phoebe goes downstairs to say goodnight to her father, what does she notice he had been doing?
(b) Writing a letter.
(c) Playing cards.
10. With whom does Mary Lou go out on a date?
(a) The lunatic.
(d) An older boy at school.
11. Whom did Mrs. Winterbottom call to let her family know she was okay?
(a) Mr. Birkway.
(b) Mr. Winterbottom.
12. On Saturday, the girls notice Mrs. Cadaver doing what?
(a) Painting the house.
(b) Committing a murder.
(c) Cleaning the garage.
(d) Puttering around her garden.
13. Where does Phoebe tell the girls at school her mother went?
(a) None of their business.
(b) A business trip.
(c) New York.
14. Who wrote the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
15. For whom is the young man on Phoebe's porch looking?
(c) Phoebe's father.
(d) Phoebe's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phoebe refuse her mother's brownie?
2. What was in Lewiston, Idaho, for Sal's mother?
3. At what hotel do Sal and her grandparents stay outside of Chicago?
4. The girls overhear Mrs. Winterbottom ask what question of Prudence?
5. About how old is the young man who rings Phoebe's doorbell?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)