|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Phoebe react to the poem that Mr. Birkway reads in class?
(a) She says that it is murder.
(b) She say it is terrifying.
(c) She says that the man died naturally.
(d) She says that it is boring.
2. In what city were Sal's grandparents arrested?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York City.
3. How many other sons did Sal's grandparents have?
4. For whom is the young man on Phoebe's porch looking?
(a) Phoebe's mother.
(d) Phoebe's father.
5. What do Christy and Megan call their club?
6. By when does Sal want to get to Lewiston?
(a) Her mother's birthday.
(b) Her grandmother's birthday.
7. What does Phoebe imagine that Mrs. Cadaver and Mr. Birkway may be doing?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Writing a mystery novel.
(d) Disguising her husband's grave with a rhododendron.
8. How long did Gramps follow Gram before asking her father for permission to marry her?
(a) 22 weeks.
(b) 22 days.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 days.
9. How long was Gramps' father gone when his friend questioned his whereabouts?
(a) Six days.
(b) Six months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Six years.
10. About how old is the young man who rings Phoebe's doorbell?
11. What does Phoebe lecture the Finneys about?
(a) High blood pressure.
(b) Household safety.
12. How does Sal's father describe Sal?
13. When Phoebe goes downstairs to say goodnight to her father, what does she notice he had been doing?
(a) Writing a letter.
(d) Playing cards.
14. How would Phoebe's family best be described?
15. What was drawn inside the shape of the drawing that Sal thought was Phoebe's?
(a) A star.
(b) A triangle.
(c) A teardrop.
(d) A heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mrs. Winterbottom left, Sal returned to find her father slumped over what?
2. How is Phoebe's journal decorated?
3. What did Mr. Birkway ask everyone to do in 15 seconds?
4. Whom did Mrs. Winterbottom call to let her family know she was okay?
5. What is Mary Lou's last name?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)