|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what town do they detour just before reaching the South Dakota border?
(a) Sioux Falls.
(d) St. Paul.
2. What friend of Gram's didn't want her to marry Gramps?
3. How does Sal feel right after her mother leaves?
4. When Phoebe goes downstairs to say goodnight to her father, what does she notice he had been doing?
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Playing cards.
5. When having dinner at Phoebe's, what food reminds Sal of her mother?
(c) Chocolate cake.
6. What do Christy and Megan call their club?
7. How many other sons did Sal's grandparents have?
8. On what day of their trip do Sal and her grandparents reach Mount Rushmore?
(a) The fifth day.
(b) The second day.
(c) The sixth day.
(d) The third day.
9. What does Gramps offer the boy from the river at the hospital?
(a) Ten dollars.
(c) An invitation to join them.
(d) Fifty dollars.
10. Where does Phoebe say her mother went to while in England?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Shakespeare's birthplace.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) Big Ben.
11. What do Phoebe and Sal have for dinner at the Finney's house?
(c) Tuna noodle casserole.
(d) Fried chicken.
12. How does Mr. Winterbottom look when he is called to the police station to get Phoebe and Sal?
13. What's written on the letter that Phoebe's mother Mrs. Winterbottom left for Mr. Winterbottom.
(a) "I'll call you in a few days."
(b) "I'm leaving you."
(c) "I never want to see you again."
(d) "Please pick up some milk."
14. By when does Sal want to get to Lewiston?
(a) Her grandmother's birthday.
(c) Her mother's birthday.
15. While Phoebe, Ben, Mary Lou, and Sal were walking home from school, who did they run in to?
(a) Sal's father.
(b) Mr. Birkway.
(c) The "lunatic."
(d) Mrs. Cadaver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sal grow up?
2. What object do the girls see Ben lift from the sidewalk?
3. What is on Sal's desk at school shortly after school begins?
4. Phoebe demands that her father calls __________.
5. Why were Sal's grandparents stopped by the police while driving?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)