Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. At the beginning of the story, where is Sal's mother and why?
2. Why does Sal's father allow Sal to go on the car trip with her grandparents?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
3. How does Sal react to Margaret when they first meet, and why?
4. Why does Phoebe think that Margaret is a murderer?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
5. Why were Grandparents Hiddle arrested, and what does this show about them?
This section contains 1,044 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)