|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day her mother made brownies, where was Prudence prior to returning home?
(a) A date.
(b) The movies.
(c) Cheerleading tryouts.
(d) The library.
2. What happens to Gram at the Missouri River in South Dakota?
(a) She's bitten by a rattlesnake.
(b) She's bitten by a water moccasin.
(c) She breaks her leg.
(d) She nearly drowns.
3. Why is Sal unhappy about sightseeing in Madison?
(a) She does not like the atmosphere in Madison.
(b) She does not think that her grandparents are taking enough time at each tourist spot.
(c) She thinks that Madison is boring.
(d) She thinks they are not traveling fast enough.
4. When Phoebe goes downstairs to say goodnight to her father, what does she notice he had been doing?
(a) Writing a letter.
(d) Playing cards.
5. What did Sal's mother leave for her when she left?
(a) A picture.
(b) A book.
(c) A locket.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sal end up kissing the first time she tries to kiss Ben?
2. The first day of school after her mother left, Phoebe's expression was?
3. When Phoebe and Sal talk to the man at the desk at the university, what does he tell them?
4. To what town do they detour just before reaching the South Dakota border?
5. Why does Sal's father let her go on the trip with her grandparents?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)